Fedor

Mentor

Fedor will lure Bader into a wild brawl and pound him out early !

Go Fedor!!!

A few years ago, I could have agreed with that. Bader was always such a hot/cold fighter. And his jaw has been cracked. But Bader has become a much smarter fighter since. He has only lost once in his last twelve fights. And he was running a busier and sure as hell more competitive schedule than Fedor the past few years.^^ Putting Bader in this tournament of over the hill fighters was like letting a king cobra loose in a tight hut full of chickens.

They want their first two division champ and they will get him.

^^ Putting Bader in this tournament of over the hill fighters was like letting a king cobra loose in a tight hut full of chickens.

They want their first two division champ and they will get him.

That is what i think, besides Bader, the rest of the pile are mostly old name fighters, he is the only guy in his prime at the moment. I think if Fedor does not KO him in the first 30 seconds he is screwed, he will get taken down and mauled at the very least, I doubt Fedor will be able to get up. Fedor is was past his prime these days, i remember that GnP used to be one of his main weapons and he was also very good with his submissions, these days he totally avoids getting to the ground. The stand up was good due to his KO power and speed, but technically he was never a great striker and he almost totally relies on that now, either way i am happy he made it to the finals, he is one of my favorite fighters ever.

Bader has a pretty weak chin.

I think the term "chin" is very flimsy. When people say: "great chin", I typically see good defensive positioning, good head movement and arguably a good pokerface (hiding the pain). But when fighters get hit in a certain way (like the famous hook or head kick, that they didn't see coming), they are pretty much always in trouble. Regardless of the praises about their chin.

Who has knocked Bader out anyway? A Lyoto Machida, who was just starting to lose a step and was one of the most tricky strikers out there, Glover Texeira and Anthony Johnson (both gentleman known for their affinity to KO their opponents).

Baders problem imo always was, that he, in spite of his undeniable talent (I think Bader is one of the best "MMA wrestlers"), falls apart under pressure. That's why he seemed so hot and cold. He either domintes or gets dominated. He panics under pressure. So much so, that if I would magically appear in Fedor's corner, I would advise him to go for broke right away. Bet it all on one simple spin. If Fedor tries anything more elaborate than that, he will be in trouble fast.

But I cannot put any stock here on Fedor anyway. Bader is the best version of himself right now. And that not just because he happens to fight in Bellator. Going to Bellator, if anything, was a fantastic career move on his part. He is primed for the title - and he knows it. The fact that even Chael Sonnen (who is no heavyweight at all) could lift Fedor off of his feet (twice!), spells doom for Fedor. Once Bader gets close to him and initiates any sort of clinch or takedwon, Fedor will be done.

The hail Mary punchers chance is there. But it always is. Which is the fighting game's way to say, that we are about to see the next best thing to a forgone conclusion.

If anything, this tournament shows what a smart promoter Scott Coker is. Because it is a win-win for him already. He has put together, what the UFC never managed to do: Fedor in a title fight on American soil! If Bader wins, Coker will have his first two division champion. If Fedor wins, Coker will be the host of one of the biggest feel-good moments in MMA history. A moment, which movies will be made about (certainly in Russia).

I don't fully agree with you. The main point (positioning, movement, seeing the strike coming) are certainly correct, but there also are fighters with a clairly better chin than others (Hunt, Nelson, Holloway, Nick Diaz, Condit) where they can even can get hit out of position and still be fine.

I don't think Bader's problem really is pressure. The only time an opponent really spooked him was Rumble. The other times he just isn't defensively responsible, either coming in (Machida, Latifi) or while flurrying (Teixeira)