Fedor is the best fighter

jacky67

Mike Tyson [...]is one the best boxer in boxing history .

No. Mike ruled the weight class at a time where it was pretty shit, so he's a lot like Fedor in that regard.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Mike Tyson is well known to be one the best boxer in boxing history ,and he get some bad loss at the end of his career .

But he still is one the best boxer in boxing history .

Why u mad ?

If it's not fedor just told me who is the best in mma history:) .

LOL where did you get that? Tyson is not considered to be the best boxer ever. There is a few different answers but Tyson isnt high on the list. Maybe Ali. Even so Claiming Fedor was the best is like calling Butterbean the best because he killed everyone in the Toughman contest. As we saw with Fedor and Butterbean when they stepped up to real competition they were not so great. Butterbean also fixed and cherry picked fights to built his legacy. Butterbean is a much better comparison to Fedor that Tyson.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

LOL where did you get that? Tyson is not considered to be the best boxer ever. There is a few different answers but Tyson isnt high on the list. Maybe Ali. Even so Claiming Fedor was the best is like calling Butterbean the best because he killed everyone in the Toughman contest. As we saw with Fedor and Butterbean when they stepped up to real competition they were not so great. Butterbean also fixed and cherry picked fights to built his legacy. Butterbean is a much better comparison to Fedor that Tyson.

comparing Fedor with other boxers...compare Fedor with other mma fighters would be more suitable, but u can't because u don't have any other mma fighter to compare him with. At his prime Fedor was virtually unbeatable and that's also supported by facts, his winning streak. Now if u believe that there might have been some fighters that could beat him that doesn't necessarily mean that in a fight they would be able to defeat Fedor. Randleman already stated that Fedor is the best in the world, at that time of course, actually almost everyone in the mma world said he's the best, even Dana White admitted he could be after Rogers' fight, previously criticising Fedor for not signing UFC(this sounds like sour grapes to me).

Now you're saying, Brainsmasher, that Fedor was not doing very well when facing real competition, well Fedor is not doing so well since he lost to Werdum and after that to Silva, now u can't really claim that's real competition, I'd lmao

Fedor start losing because of aging, injuries, lack of motivation as Henderson said, and other factors related to that

that's just my opinion!

• Upvote 1

It was an early stoppage plus strike in the back of the head period .

Diaz vs daley , Edgie edgard s maynard , where are the stoppage ?

Fedor is the best period :) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufQ8jZmMFb4&feature=player_embedded

Why u mad bro ?

don't the period and dot at the ending of the sentence have the same meaning

marking the end of the sentence ? it's pretty weird to type period and dot for marking the end of the sentence :bigshock:

Uh...........yeah, Tyson actually -isn't- considered the best boxer ever. Really. Not unless it's people who don't know shit about boxing talking about it.

Sugar Ray Robinson.

Sugar Ray Robinson.

Between Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis and (for those knowledgeable boxing purests) Henry Armstrong Jr.

100 wins via knockout and 3 world titles at different weights at the same time for those that wonder who the hell Armstrong Jr. is :)

comparing Fedor with other boxers...compare Fedor with other mma fighters would be more suitable, but u can't because u don't have any other mma fighter to compare him with. At his prime Fedor was virtually unbeatable and that's also supported by facts, his winning streak. Now if u believe that there might have been some fighters that could beat him that doesn't necessarily mean that in a fight they would be able to defeat Fedor. Randleman already stated that Fedor is the best in the world, at that time of course, actually almost everyone in the mma world said he's the best, even Dana White admitted he could be after Rogers' fight, previously criticising Fedor for not signing UFC(this sounds like sour grapes to me).

Now you're saying, Brainsmasher, that Fedor was not doing very well when facing real competition, well Fedor is not doing so well since he lost to Werdum and after that to Silva, now u can't really claim that's real competition, I'd lmao

Fedor start losing because of aging, injuries, lack of motivation as Henderson said, and other factors related to that

that's just my opinion!

You are right we dont have other MMA fighters to compare to him. Other MMA fighters didnt have M-1 picking their opponents protecting their cash cow. Other non Pride fighters didnt get 3 easy fights between contender fights. But Fedor has more in common with Butterbean than anyone in boxing or MMA. Beans toughman career made him. Now you can claim toughman is just a bunch on no talent bums. Or, you can claim it is a completely different sport that requires different abilities, skills, and game plan than boxing. It isnt worse just different. Same with Fedor. Even if you dont want to admit Cop, Nog, Hunt, Aleks, etc werent that good or as good as everyone thought. You have to at least admit it was completely different game than the rest of the MMA world was playing. To consider Fedor better than everyone who was playing under much different rules and standards is silly. You cant pass Roger Federer in tennis by winning the gold medal in Badminton.

I know it is your opinion but how do you know his decline was due to age? The guys he lost to were much more skilled than anyone he really ever fought. We do know from M-1 Negotiations the last few years that Fedor has had the ability to fight anyone he wants. He choose to fight Hong Man. We also know he could have faced Werdum in Pride but it never happened. If it did we would have some evidence to see if he is better or worse due to age. But he avoided the bad match ups. Henderson fought Arona to a close fight back in Pride. We know how much trouble Arona give Fedor. No reason to think Hendo would have ever been an easy fight for Fedor. The only reason some even favored Fedor this time was Dans chin has weakened with age. If they fought in Pride the fight would have been the same. Big foot has size and skills like no one in Pride. Its hard to say he wouldnt have lost in his "Prime" when Silva is more athletic than guys who are smaller like Barnett and Werdum. The guys Fedor lost to were better than anyone he has faced. As much as i dislike Big foot he would beat Nog at any point of Nogs career due to styles alone.

Take a look at boxing and see how powerful a tool picking your fights is. Fedr went unbeaten for so long because he did what boxers do to run their records to 30-0 or 40-0. They avoid bad match ups. Even the biggest journeyman can easily run his record to 20-0. Which is fine if thats what they want to do. But you cant claim to be better than other fighters who do not have that luxury.

Take a look at boxing and see how powerful a tool picking your fights is. Fedr went unbeaten for so long because he did what boxers do to run their records to 30-0 or 40-0. They avoid bad match ups. Even the biggest journeyman can easily run his record to 20-0. Which is fine if thats what they want to do. But you cant claim to be better than other fighters who do not have that luxury.

I'm not agree your looking the guy he beat actually , but at the time he beat them they was beast .

Fedor beat 5 former UFC champ ,and when he was on top (2005-2006) just look who was the ufc champ and you will see he couldn't face better competition ,except barnett but that fight was supposed to happen .

I'm not agree your looking the guy he beat actually , but at the time he beat them they was beast .

Fedor beat 5 former UFC champ ,and when he was on top (2005-2006) just look who was the ufc champ and you will see he couldn't face better competition ,except barnett but that fight was supposed to happen .

There is the key word. Those former champs were former for a reason. Once they left the UFC they never fought with the same desire. There is a reason why Sylvia bloated up to over 300 lbs. That didnt happen when he was champ. But that is the fighter Fedor beat. Arlovski was already exposed as having a horrible chin. That wasnt the case when he was champ. After he was exposed people gun for it like Fedor did. The UFC also had Mir who is in the same mold as everyone who beat Fedor and who Fedor ducked. Werdum, Big foot, Barnett, Monson. Funny you credit Randleman and Coleman as some meaningful win. Both were kicked from the UFC becasue they couldnt win. Coleman blew his knee out and couldnt beat anyone. He was sent packing by Pete Williams. Who else did Williams ever beat? Coleman was done as a REAL fighter. But he could still be champ in the minor leagues of Pride and so he did. Randleman was only champ because Couture was holding out for more money. Randleman never beat the champ to be champ. BTW, Fedor wouldn't have to worry about the UFC champs. He would have enough trouble getting by guys like Pe De Pano.

I think it is very ironic that everyone hypes Fedor and Pride when they beat past their prime former UFC champs but dont mention that UFC fighters beat Pride champs before they were champ and in their Prime. Babalu beat Shogun, Everyone beat Coleman, Penn beat Gomi, Tito and Vitor beat Wandy. Every time a Pride fighter loses it was because they were to young or too old. Always something. lol

Sugar Ray Robinson.

Bingo. It's usually some combination of him, Ali, Louis, and in some cases Marciano and Dempsey.

Tyson was no doubt an immensely talented fighter, but his demons and just some bad choices really kept him from being what he could have been.

Bingo. It's usually some combination of him, Ali, Louis, and in some cases Marciano and Dempsey.

Tyson was no doubt an immensely talented fighter, but his demons and just some bad choices really kept him from being what he could have been.

I think things would have been different if Cus D'Amato lived during Tyson's championship reign.

Once he lost the strong father figure the foundations started to fall apart.

Very true, I know Cus said they had to have him fighting every month or so otherwise he would go crazy and once the one man in the world who Tyson trusted was gone it was never gonna end well. Tyson had the ability and raw aggressiveness to be a world beater but we never got to see the best of him

There is the key word. Those former champs were former for a reason. Once they left the UFC they never fought with the same desire. There is a reason why Sylvia bloated up to over 300 lbs. That didnt happen when he was champ. But that is the fighter Fedor beat. Arlovski was already exposed as having a horrible chin. That wasnt the case when he was champ. After he was exposed people gun for it like Fedor did. The UFC also had Mir who is in the same mold as everyone who beat Fedor and who Fedor ducked. Werdum, Big foot, Barnett, Monson. Funny you credit Randleman and Coleman as some meaningful win. Both were kicked from the UFC becasue they couldnt win. Coleman blew his knee out and couldnt beat anyone. He was sent packing by Pete Williams. Who else did Williams ever beat? Coleman was done as a REAL fighter. But he could still be champ in the minor leagues of Pride and so he did. Randleman was only champ because Couture was holding out for more money. Randleman never beat the champ to be champ. BTW, Fedor wouldn't have to worry about the UFC champs. He would have enough trouble getting by guys like Pe De Pano.

I think it is very ironic that everyone hypes Fedor and Pride when they beat past their prime former UFC champs but dont mention that UFC fighters beat Pride champs before they were champ and in their Prime. Babalu beat Shogun, Everyone beat Coleman, Penn beat Gomi, Tito and Vitor beat Wandy. Every time a Pride fighter loses it was because they were to young or too old. Always something. lol

Even if you dont want to admit Cop, Nog, Hunt, Aleks, etc werent that good or as good as everyone thought

You're beating around the bush, u say that Barnett would be real competition for Fedor, but if u look at his record Barnett got beaten twice by Cro Cop (which u say he wasn't that good), and also got beaten by Nog quite clearly in my opinion, and another split decision

So how is Barnett real competition when he's not able to clearly defeat these not so good fighters that you're talking about ?

Monson ? well Monson got beaten by Barnett at Sengoku :lol::OMG:

Edit: I do have high respects for Monson's MA in psychology tho

You guys are missing the big picture. Dan Hardy is the greatest fighter of all time. He is just getting old. That is why he has had those 4 losses at the end of his career. U mad?

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit you know, fortunately I'm in the bracket myself so Touche at the dig lmfao

You're beating around the bush, u say that Barnett would be real competition for Fedor, but if u look at his record Barnett got beaten twice by Cro Cop (which u say he wasn't that good), and also got beaten by Nog quite clearly in my opinion, and another split decision

So how is Barnett real competition when he's not able to clearly defeat these not so good fighters that you're talking about ?

That's the point the guy is clearly 12yo fand boy , or Dana White brother to say as big BS.

Fedor was the best during 12 years period .

He beat the best there was during 13-14 years period .

Why are they so mad :) ?

Wow, MMA math! Lets see how that stands up. Fedor beat Nog 3 times, Nog beat Werdum, i guess Werdum could never beat Fedor right!

Claiming Nog beat Barnett "clearly" shows that you are not arguing facts but just trying to justify keeping the Fedor fathead above your bed by any means necessary. Both fights were about even. However, how Barnett matches up with Nog has nothing to do with how he matches up with Fedor. Same with Monson.