GSP = BORING!

It doesn't change the fact that he'd be the smallest Middleweight in the UFC.

Jake Shields cheated, putting GSP once again into cruise-control mode. You are a known Shernoob, so it's understandable.

Excuses and legitimate reasons are different, learn to look outside the box, Mr. Shernoob.

I R LUV KNOKOUTS! YAY!

Anderson Silva is an amazing fighter, who doesn't respect him? No one is arguing that GSP is better on here, stop padding the argument because your a moron.

Good for you. Did GSP bang your mom or something? Jesus grow up, it's not natural to hate someone that much that you don't even know.

I hope they keep doing it, for years and years. Just to piss off immature losers like you.

haha...gzzzzzzp nuthugger taking it hard. poor baby...what percentage of gzzzzzzzzzp's night purse do u get?

seeing as shields was and still is one of my fave fighters i dont see how i can be all about ko's. difference between shields and gzzzzzzp is shields tries, within his limited arsenal, to finish fights. despite being super tired against kampmann, he was still going for the take downs, trying to pass, even leaving his neck in for kampmann to try and sub him while he used that to pass.

about gzzzzzp banging my mom, i wouldnt really mind cos i know he wouldnt finish. :D

you haven't given a single legitimate reason for him not moving to mw or FIGHTING SILVA AT CATCHWEIGHT. all u give are ur "im in love with gzzzzzzzzzzp excuses" :D

please give me proof that gzzzzp would be the smallest mw...or more excuses based on ur blind, undiluted lust. unless you provide me with a chart, detailing all the current ufc MW's and what they cut from, i deem you, Sir Gzzzzzzzzzppppp Nuthugger! :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I just wish MMA fans would be more objective in general. Liking fighter that someone dislikes does not equal Nuthugger. Someone disliking YOUR favourite fighter does not make them a hater.

• Upvote 1

GSP will never be great. The only way he can do that is to stop fighting these bums and take on a real dangerous in Anderson Silva so Silva can destroy his ass and put him in permanent retirement cause GSP sucks ass. I have been a die hard ass of this sport and people like GSP fighting style kills the sport. when you are getting booed in your own home town that should tell you something that you need to step your game up or retire if you can't do that. one day GSP followers will get tired of him and we are actually starting to see that. I watch the fight in a sports bar where 90 of the people who were there were gsp fans. After his boring ass fight, about 50 or more % of those people will never pay to see him fight again. GSP is a fraud and is ducking Silva. The facts are there. Stop taling about weight and how he wants to make permanent move. its all bull shit excuses for him not to fight Silva.

Silva could have pulled out of Sonnen fight when he had the broken which was confirm after the fight, but Silva been a great fighter and not caring about losing still took the fight and even Sonnen on the juice he still win and sonnen face looked like Silva put a grinder to it after the fight. How did Silva face looked. Not even a scratch was on his face. GSP got hs face busted up by a guy with no punching power, tells me a lot about him. F++k GSP bum ass. I'm out

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I like fighting. I appreciate the technical aspects and enjoy GSP and Silva more or less equally.

If you want to see nothing but knockouts, that's fine and all. Kickboxing is great and I'm entering a kickboxing tourney myself, and you should look up Remy Bojanksy and Mark Hunt. I just don't believe it's ducking as of this moment. If GSP and Silva happens, GSP should be allowed the time to actually bulk up. Catchweights are very bad for the sport and only serve to take up spots on the card that could be used to build actual weight classes.

I don't think the fans are showing how bored they are with GSP. There was a pretty big attendance at the arena, and I think the ppv sold well. When those slip, GSP should take people calling his fights boring serious.

I just wish MMA fans would be more objective in general. Liking fighter that someone dislikes does not equal Nuthugger. Someone disliking YOUR favourite fighter does not make them a hater.

yea, but him calling me a shernoob is all good to u isnt it? cos he's a fellow gzzzzzp lover? and IM close minded? how fucking rich of you...hypocrite!

GSP will never be great. The only way he can do that is to stop fighting these bums and take on a real dangerous in Anderson Silva so Silva can destroy his ass and put him in permanent retirement cause GSP sucks ass.

Welterweight is the most stacked weight in the UFC. He is just on another level. Anderson Silva is a bum because he won't move up and fight Akebono. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? GSP is tiny compared to Silva and he still hasn't rejected the fight. All he said was if he were going to take the fight he he would have to vacate his title and make the mover permanent.

I have been a die hard ass

I won't argue you there.

People like GSP fighting style kills the sport. when you are getting booed in your own home town that should tell you something that you need to step your game up or retire if you can't do that.

People in the arena couldn't see how much Shields was cheating, because GSP did call time out every time he got stabbed in the eye. If you are pissed about anything in that fight is should be Shields trying to end a fighter's career through dirty tactics once he realized he couldn't win through skill.

One day GSP followers will get tired of him and we are actually starting to see that. I watch the fight in a sports bar where 90 of the people who were there were gsp fans. After his boring ass fight, about 50 or more % of those people will never pay to see him fight again.

98% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

GSP is a fraud and is ducking Silva. The facts are there. Stop taling about weight and how he wants to make permanent move. its all bull shit excuses for him not to fight Silva.

Anderson Silva is a fraud, because he won't move up and fight Brock. Again, that looks pretty stupid, right? GSP never even said he won't. He said if he ever does he won't move back to Welterweight.

Silva could have pulled out of Sonnen fight when he had the broken which was confirm after the fight, but Silva been a great fighter and not caring about losing still took the fight and even Sonnen on the juice he still win

GSP hasn't pulled out of any fight due to injury either and has not refused a single contender to his title. Your point is moot. A red herring if you will.

Sonnen face looked like Silva put a grinder to it after the fight. How did Silva face looked. Not even a scratch was on his face. GSP got hs face busted up by a guy with no punching power, tells me a lot about him. F++k GSP bum ass. I'm out

Silva didn't have someone eye gouging him for 50 minutes. Let me stick my thumb in your eye 8 or 9 times and rake your face with my fingers. Wanna guess how your face would look? That says nothing about GSP. What it does show is that Shields is a bum just like all his buddies in Ceasar Gracie's camp. A bunch of wannabe thugs.

Go back to Sherdog if you want to be all e-thug. They are used to it.

• Upvote 1

I like fighting. I appreciate the technical aspects and enjoy GSP and Silva more or less equally.

If you want to see nothing but knockouts, that's fine and all. Kickboxing is great and I'm entering a kickboxing tourney myself, and you should look up Remy Bojanksy and Mark Hunt. I just don't believe it's ducking as of this moment. If GSP and Silva happens, GSP should be allowed the time to actually bulk up. Catchweights are very bad for the sport and only serve to take up spots on the card that could be used to build actual weight classes.

this is what i hate about gsp fans. because i dont like gzzzp=im not a fan of mma and i dont like technical fights? fucking bollocks. I DONT LIKE SEEING SOMEONE WHO DOESNT CARE ABOUT THE FANS AND DOES THE MINIMUM TO WIN AND PICK UP A PAYCHECK. simple. not because i cant understand the intricacies of mma or i dont like technical fighters. I DONT LIKE SOMEONE WHO ISNT ENTERTAINING BECAUSE HE CANT BE BUT BECAUSE HE WONT BE.

i hope the gzzzzp fans finally get it but somehow i doubt it...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

yea, but him calling me a shernoob is all good to u isnt it? cos he's a fellow gzzzzzp lover? and IM close minded? how fucking rich of you...hypocrite!

You don't even know what that word means. If you did, you'd not post such silly, self defeating things, you dime store blixxx :).

You can quote my posts all you want and type in caps, but i'm pretty sure I didn't say you weren't an MMA fan. I just said -I- appreciate a certain fight aspect, and even recommended a few of my favourite fighters to the guy who said he liked knockouts and standup. I, too, like knockouts and standup. Just like everything else. I don't take anything you say seriously not because you dislike GSP. Believe it or not, you can dislike a fighter. I don't take you seriously because you present your points in a brash, uncouth juvenile manner and make yourself look quite silly for doing so.

So yes, it's okay that he calls you a stereotype when you choose to present your points in a way that shows you are acting exactly like said stereotype. Perhaps you should stop -acting- like one. Had you presented your point without attacking people, you'd probably be much better off and avoid arguments.

So yeah, you can dislike GSP. That's fine. I have pretty civil discussions with people I disagree with all the time and it's friendly, because adults can actually, you know, disagree on something and discuss it -constructively- without this "sherdog speak". If you'd like to talk about GSP being boring by being objective and not hurling petty insults, I am more than game, but until then, don't expect anything you say to be taken seriously by anyone with more than half of a brain.

• Upvote 2

GSP will never be great. The only way he can do that is to stop fighting these bums and take on a real dangerous in Anderson Silva so Silva can destroy his ass and put him in permanent retirement cause GSP sucks ass. I have been a die hard ass of this sport and people like GSP fighting style kills the sport. when you are getting booed in your own home town that should tell you something that you need to step your game up or retire if you can't do that. one day GSP followers will get tired of him and we are actually starting to see that. I watch the fight in a sports bar where 90 of the people who were there were gsp fans. After his boring ass fight, about 50 or more % of those people will never pay to see him fight again. GSP is a fraud and is ducking Silva. The facts are there. Stop taling about weight and how he wants to make permanent move. its all bull shit excuses for him not to fight Silva.

Silva could have pulled out of Sonnen fight when he had the broken which was confirm after the fight, but Silva been a great fighter and not caring about losing still took the fight and even Sonnen on the juice he still win and sonnen face looked like Silva put a grinder to it after the fight. How did Silva face looked. Not even a scratch was on his face. GSP got hs face busted up by a guy with no punching power, tells me a lot about him. F++k GSP bum ass. I'm out

there's no possible way that you're more than about 14 years old. am i right?

We seem to have a lot of Pro GSP and Anti GSP people here, I'd be interested to see what some of the people sitting somewhere in the middle of those extremes thought of him.

This thread seems to consist of the same people, myself included repeating largely the same points over and over again.

I would just like them to look at it with objectivity.

Personally, I do like GSP, but I also like Anderson Silva. I'd love to watch them fight, but I realize why that may not come to fruition. I understand the reasons that St-Pierre would have for not moving up, and I don't blame him. Silva isn't a fighter you take lightly, especially when he is nearly two weight classes larger than you.

It isn't fair to call anyone looking at the situation from outside the box a "Gzzzp or whatever nuthugger", because it really makes no sense. Put yourself in his shoes, and try to realize why that fight may not make a lot of sense to you.

I would just like them to look at it with objectivity.

Personally, I do like GSP, but I also like Anderson Silva. I'd love to watch them fight, but I realize why that may not come to fruition. I understand the reasons that St-Pierre would have for not moving up, and I don't blame him. Silva isn't a fighter you take lightly, especially when he is nearly two weight classes larger than you.

It isn't fair to call anyone looking at the situation from outside the box a "Gzzzp or whatever nuthugger", because it really makes no sense. Put yourself in his shoes, and try to realize why that fight may not make a lot of sense to you.

Man, I could watch that sig all day.

We seem to have a lot of Pro GSP and Anti GSP people here, I'd be interested to see what some of the people sitting somewhere in the middle of those extremes thought of him.

This thread seems to consist of the same people, myself included repeating largely the same points over and over again.

I'm totally impartial on this subject as I'm a fan or neither GSP or Shields

GSP HAS turned into a dull fighter to watch over the last few defences but that doesn't take away from his skill. I think the only difference between Couture and GSP is that people always knew Randy left it all in the cage but GSP looks so nonsulant in there (and just to clarify I'm not comparing styles, just saying Couture had a lot of dull clinch hugging rounds throughout his career)

GSP exploits his opponents weaknesses in every fight, which cannot be overlooked as I can't think of another fighter that can outclass his opponent for a full fight like he can, but in doing so he is wary of getting caught (since the Serra fight) but I agree his fights aren't exciting just simply technically great

As for the Silva fight, it would be madness for GSP to expect to win purely due to the physical advantage of Silva. He is 4 inches shorter, 30 lbs lighter (I know its the same at weigh in but Silva would pack on maybe another stone in weight by fight time) and Silva is the most elusive fighter bar Machida who utilizes leg length with a lot of kicks. I don't think anyone of GSPs size would have anything more than a punchers chance against Silva, and the fact people are saying Silva had a chance against Jon Jones shows his size strength and power

To sum up, GSP can't be criticised for his skill or effectiveness. A whole lot of people get bored watching him fight but again, that's to do with the seeming lack of urgency to finish. And the Silva fight, he shouldn't have entertained fighting Silva in the first place but as he hasn't said he will or won't let's just wait and hope its decided one way or another sooner than later

Ok people, ready to be abused and slagged off lmfao :)

Welterweight is the most stacked weight in the UFC. He is just on another level. Anderson Silva is a bum because he won't move up and fight Akebono. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? GSP is tiny compared to Silva and he still hasn't rejected the fight. All he said was if he were going to take the fight he he would have to vacate his title and make the mover permanent.

I won't argue you there.

People in the arena couldn't see how much Shields was cheating, because GSP did call time out every time he got stabbed in the eye. If you are pissed about anything in that fight is should be Shields trying to end a fighter's career through dirty tactics once he realized he couldn't win through skill.

98% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Anderson Silva is a fraud, because he won't move up and fight Brock. Again, that looks pretty stupid, right? GSP never even said he won't. He said if he ever does he won't move back to Welterweight.

GSP hasn't pulled out of any fight due to injury either and has not refused a single contender to his title. Your point is moot. A red herring if you will.

Silva didn't have someone eye gouging him for 50 minutes. Let me stick my thumb in your eye 8 or 9 times and rake your face with my fingers. Wanna guess how your face would look? That says nothing about GSP. What it does show is that Shields is a bum just like all his buddies in Ceasar Gracie's camp. A bunch of wannabe thugs.

Go back to Sherdog if you want to be all e-thug. They are used to it.

all the excuss and GSP still sucks. just face the facts and stop trying to justify things. GSP can't finish fights and is ducking Silva. That is the fact. Silva went to Light Heavy and made easy work of Irvin and Forrest and you say he duck some nobody he lose to by disqualification which should have been a win but a lose is a lose right? Lets be real here. Stop making excuses for GSP he is boring and can't finish fights. Just man up and face the truth man.

• Downvote 1

all the excuss and GSP still sucks. just face the facts and stop trying to justify things. GSP can't finish fights and is ducking Silva. That is the fact. Silva went to Light Heavy and made easy work of Irvin and Forrest and you say he duck some nobody he lose to by disqualification which should have been a win but a lose is a lose right? Lets be real here. Stop making excuses for GSP he is boring and can't finish fights. Just man up and face the truth man.

He can't or he won't?

There is a big difference.

Stop being 12.

Now I am seriously questioning your lack of MMA knowledge in general. Do you even know who Akebono or Brock is? Silva lost by disqualification to Yushin Okami who is a middleweight. Akebono is a former sumo yokozuna who failed miserably when trying out MMA getting arm barred by Royce Gracie. Brock is the former UFC heavyweight champ with no striking defense at all. I just threw random names out there to show how idiotic it was to claim a guy not instantly jumping to fight someone way larger than they are was somehow ducking. I assume you at least know Brock, since everything in your posting screams WWE fanatic.

Their walk around weight is about 40 pounds apart and in spite of that GSP still hasn't rules the fight out. Saying he sucks for standing unbeatable atop the most stacked weight in the UFC is just clueless. More realistic, people have been asking Anderson Silva to fight Jon Jones. Silva has stated he will no longer jump weight to fight anybody. So, is Silva ducking Jones?

You don't even know what that word means. If you did, you'd not post such silly, self defeating things, you dime store blixxx :).

You can quote my posts all you want and type in caps, but i'm pretty sure I didn't say you weren't an MMA fan. I just said -I- appreciate a certain fight aspect, and even recommended a few of my favourite fighters to the guy who said he liked knockouts and standup. I, too, like knockouts and standup. Just like everything else. I don't take anything you say seriously not because you dislike GSP. Believe it or not, you can dislike a fighter. I don't take you seriously because you present your points in a brash, uncouth juvenile manner and make yourself look quite silly for doing so.

So yes, it's okay that he calls you a stereotype when you choose to present your points in a way that shows you are acting exactly like said stereotype. Perhaps you should stop -acting- like one. Had you presented your point without attacking people, you'd probably be much better off and avoid arguments.

So yeah, you can dislike GSP. That's fine. I have pretty civil discussions with people I disagree with all the time and it's friendly, because adults can actually, you know, disagree on something and discuss it -constructively- without this "sherdog speak". If you'd like to talk about GSP being boring by being objective and not hurling petty insults, I am more than game, but until then, don't expect anything you say to be taken seriously by anyone with more than half of a brain.

i dont want to start an internet argument with anyone. least of all you.

YOU threw the first insult at me when you called me closed minded. i had no dealings with you prior to that. i had an argument with death zero because he felt it necessary to insult me because i didnt like his favourite fighter. which is something YOU took it upon yourself to do.

my writing in caps is for EMPHASIS. i HOPE you know what that means?

where was the constructive discussions you had while you called ma close minded? so pls, dont get all high and mighty if i decide to attack you back. ok? i NEVER mentioned you in anything. i dont care about you and if you cant take anything i say serious, maybe its because of all the man love u seem to have for gzzzp. really, though, getting butt-hurt over someone who doesnt give a shit about you and doesnt know you exist is pathetic.

about my points. mate, my points are my points. i can present them anyway i see fit. the problem is you gzzzp nuthuggers who seem to believe that not liking your god automatically means we dont 'get the finer points of mma' or we only appreciate ko's. that is a very childish way of thinking...

"they dont like what i like...waaaahhh!!! it must be because they dont get it. they arent as sophisticated as me, they dont appreciate the finer things like i do. waaah!"

• Downvote 1

I said a stone heavier, which is about 14lbs and quite common for fighters to regain that much weight via supplements and rehydration. I meant 30lbs of natural weight and size by the way :)