TUF 12 - GSP vs Koscheck

Face Kicker

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill definitely be watching Cody McKenzie. right when I saw him I was like OMFG WATCH THIS GUILLOTINE COMING EVERYONE and then when GSP said "he's going to win by guillotine" everyone was like wtf how did you know that??? I've seen a few of his fights and I hope he tears guys up on this show.

ill definitely be watching Cody McKenzie. right when I saw him I was like OMFG WATCH THIS GUILLOTINE COMING EVERYONE and then when GSP said "he's going to win by guillotine" everyone was like wtf how did you know that??? I've seen a few of his fights and I hope he tears guys up on this show.

You just saw his fight record on Wikipedia you bastard. :shades:

Well i hope he has more tools than just that or he isnt going to go very far... im rooting for a good ol fassioned fishermans suplex like curt hening :D (If dan severan can do belly to back suplexs :P)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it was a good fight. I'm glad it went to the third round. I do hope the British guy gets another chance - he showed a lot of heart, and he did very well against someone who was/is thought to be the top prospect in the house.

Did anyone notice that they did not even go to the judges score cards? When the bell rang Dana White stood up and said its going to a third round he walked into the ring and called it? Is that not the Way it happened?

Did he decide there had to be a better ending and over rule the judges? I had the britt winning after the second round, and felt it should not have gone to the third?

Anyone?

Did anyone notice that they did not even go to the judges score cards? When the bell rang Dana White stood up and said its going to a third round he walked into the ring and called it? Is that not the Way it happened?

Did he decide there had to be a better ending and over rule the judges? I had the britt winning after the second round, and felt it should not have gone to the third?

Anyone?

NO, it's called editing, they just took out the few seconds that the judges were tallying

NO, it's called editing, they just took out the few seconds that the judges were tallying

So the none wise ass response would be, Yes I did notice that? :smile_anim: Correct?

Anyone?

how do you think the brit won the second round? i don't have the fight stats, but from what i remember all he really did was get one takedown and land 2 or 3 elbows. the other guy wobbled him in the standup, got at least 2 more takedowns than he did, and controlled the action against the cage. i thought it was pretty clear that the brit lost the second.

how do you think the brit won the second round? i don't have the fight stats, but from what i remember all he really did was get one takedown and land 2 or 3 elbows. the other guy wobbled him in the standup, got at least 2 more takedowns than he did, and controlled the action against the cage. i thought it was pretty clear that the brit lost the second.

You may have a point here, I just thought the other guys was gassed out in the second and that the britt landed more shots in the second. Then again it was 4:20 dooring the whole show so my vision was a bit blurred.

I also liked Lee roy until last nights show, so I would think on a whole his fan base dropped.

You may have a point here, I just thought the other guys was gassed out in the second and that the britt landed more shots in the second. Then again it was 4:20 dooring the whole show so my vision was a bit blurred.

I also liked Lee roy until last nights show, so I would think on a whole his fan base dropped.

not gonna lie first round was johnson all the way until the brit took him down at 4:30 mark and landed the elbows. which in some eyes ment he won.

second was just johnson fully. and thrid.....................nuff said

not gonna lie first round was johnson all the way until the brit took him down at 4:30 mark and landed the elbows. which in some eyes ment he won.

second was just johnson fully. and thrid.....................nuff said

that takedown was way before the 4:30 mark in the first round. johnson was handily winning the first three minutes, but the last 2 minutes was him getting elbowed in the face. hopefully gsp really focuses on his bjj in training, cuz he could be a beast if he becomes more competent off his back.

that takedown was way before the 4:30 mark in the first round. johnson was handily winning the first three minutes, but the last 2 minutes was him getting elbowed in the face. hopefully gsp really focuses on his bjj in training, cuz he could be a beast if he becomes more competent off his back.

Agreed, for sure.

If he learns to fight off his back a bit better, he'd be awesome. Guy's got potential, that's for sure. If I was Michael Johnson, I'd head over to Greg Jackson's as soon as possible. Rashad, you've got a protege!

Goddamn, I love the Brit guy after the fight, that dude has some skill. And I am actually surprised by Johnson on the 3rd round. Wow, both guys looked like dead fish in the final minute of round 2, and Johnson started and ended round 3 like a fresh beast.

And damn, I can't wait to see Bruce Leeroy lose, that dude sure talk big, to an unacceptable level.

another pretty good fight yesterday. i figured the young guy would lose, because koscheck is such an awful coach. he was putting SOO much pressure on the kid to win, and i think that was definitely a factor in how the fight went. i'm not saying he would definitely have won with a better coach, but it certainly couldn't have hurt.

how freakin awesome would it be if GSP wins every matchup? kos is such a huge douche, it's so much fun watching him lose :thumbup:

GSP seems (and I realize that we're seeing a tiny fraction of what actually goes on) the far better prepared and more professional athlete based on the show.

yeah, i think he's the consummate mma fighter. he trains with the best in the world in each discipline and always stays in fighting shape. the guy trains 6 days a week (twice per day) all year 'round, and focuses on the mental aspect of the fight game just as much as the physical and technical aspects of the game.

GSP is like 10 levels above KOs, in everything. MMA, wrestling, being a good person, having a brain, not looking like a fraggle

it's so funny seeing KOs act like the typical jock. "The guy is a nerd, and he talks like a robot. We can't lose to a bunch of nerds guys!" The fucking idiot is still in high school still it seems. GSP is the most humble guy in the sport, and the funniest thing is, he is the most successful guy EVER in the sport. All I have to say is Gatorade, then I guess you can bring up Under Armor. No one dreamed of getting either of them as sponsors till they came knocking on GSPs door.

KOs flipping out is not gonna help his team at all either, he is fucking his teams chances of winning by being himself. I'd be willing to bet 90% of the kids on the show wanted to be on GSP's team