The 2017/2018 Football (Soccer) Thread

Bwang

Liverpool's transfer committee (owners) is pathetic.

Like how can we not sign a decent CB with our shambles of a defence?

I also expect Coutinho to go and we won't sign an adequate replacement.

If it were up to me:

Sell Coutinho for £120m

Sell Sakho for £30m

Sell Henderson for £30m

Sell Origi for £20m

Buy Draxler for £40m

Buy VVD for £75m

Buy Jean Seri £30m

Buy Aubameyang for £90m

That's a net spend of £35m + £30m up to now = £65m

We'll recoup that in the champs league alone.

All realistic transfers in my opinion but I reckon we'll end up selling Coutinho & Sakho, signing a mediocre CAM and no CB, meaning our net spend will be like MINUS £100m which is pathetic. Last year our net spend was MINUS £10m.

Rant over.

I've been surprised by Lukaku so far, Hope he keeps it up cause United look very entertaining.

I'm a Norwich fan and we've had an interesting mixed bag of results thus far.

I went to the Villa game last weekend and we got fucked over so badly, handball for the 4th goal and wicked deflection for the 3rd it was a shame really.

Excited for a season of re building.

Champions League draw in full

Group A: Benfica, Manchester United, Basel, CSKA Moscow

Group B: Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain, Anderlecht, Celtic

Group C: Chelsea, Atlético Madrid, Roma, Qarabag

Group D: Juventus, Barcelona, Olympiakos, Sporting

Group E: Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Liverpool, Maribor

Group F: Shakhtar Donetsk, Manchester City, Napoli, Feyenoord

Group G: Monaco, Porto, Besiktas, Leipzig

Group H: Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Tottenham, APOEL

Europa League groups in full

Group A: Villarreal, Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Astana, Slavia Prague.

Group B: Dynamo Kiev, Young Boys, Partizan Belgrade, Skenderbeu.

Group C: Braga, Ludogorets, Hoffenheim, Istanbul Basaksehir.

Group D: Milan, Austria Vienna, Rijeka, AEK Athens.

Group E: Lyon, Everton, Atalanta, Apollon.

Group F: Copenhagen, Lokomotiv Moscow, Sheriff Tiraspol, Zlin.

Group G: Viktoria Plzen, FCSB, Hapoel Beer-Sheva, Lugano.

Group H: Arsenal, BATE Borisov, Cologne, Crvena Zvezda.

Group I: Salzburg, Marseille, Vitoria SC, Konyaspor.

Group J: Athletic Bilbao, Hertha Berlin, Zorya Luhansk, Ostersund.

Group K: Lazio, Nice, Zulte Waregem, Vitesse.

Group L: Zenit St Petersburg, Real Sociedad, Rosenborg, Vardar Skopje.

Hoping spurs lose in CL group stage and get to Europa so that we can have a chance to see N.london derby in EL finals.

I've been surprised by Lukaku so far, Hope he keeps it up cause United look very entertaining.

I think Lukaku could end up being the buy of the season and 75m today is like 25m 12-15 years ago, sure it is a lot, but i think United got a fantastic deal for a very young and capable striker. They are saying Kane should go for 200m+, i think Lukaku is at least comparable with Kane, so his value should be well over 100m.

I also think United are the favorite, i said that before the season started and now i think it even more, they have a lot more firepower this year, i like their purchases and we all know Mourinho usually does better in year 2.

Transfer deadline day today in the UK.

Lots of fun stories happened:

The Ox forgoes 60k a week wages to join Liverpool, turning down champions Chelsea on the way. (Will be a good back up player and if anyone can improve him Klopp can)

Lemar turns down £92m Arsenal move, wants Liverpool instead.

VVD not going anywhere, only wants Liverpool apparently.

Last and funniest, Barkley agrees terms with Chelsea, and then mid medical decides not to!! (Probably wants to join Liverpool?)

Finally back in the champs league and with a great manager, the most popular club in the world is heading back to the top!!

Transfer deadline day today in the UK.

Lots of fun stories happened:

The Ox forgoes 60k a week wages to join Liverpool, turning down champions Chelsea on the way. (Will be a good back up player and if anyone can improve him Klopp can)

Lemar turns down £92m Arsenal move, wants Liverpool instead.

VVD not going anywhere, only wants Liverpool apparently.

Last and funniest, Barkley agrees terms with Chelsea, and then mid medical decides not to!! (Probably wants to join Liverpool?)

Finally back in the champs league and with a great manager, the most popular club in the world is heading back to the top!!

dont get too excited.Utd have a lot to prove.they havent faced top side yet.yet to see if mou will be back to park the bus or play the utd way.

I think Spurs did ok in the end for this window, Levy is famous for not doing shit the whole transfer window and get everyone on the last 2-3 days. Personally i hate this because our players end up missing training camp and August we always suck, but end of the day is that Spurs have a surplus over the past 5 years while holding a top 2-3 spot in the past 2. Most the competition have a negative of 100s of millions. I think we earned 20m+ in this window again.

The only starter we sold was Walker (to City), his replacement is Aurier from PSG, a younger + comparable player to Walker, a bit controversial, but for 50% of the fee of Walker, i guess he is worth the risk. Our top transfer was Davidson from Ajax, i think he will be a solid DC for Spurs, he has all the qualities, apparently he rejected a move from Barca to come here, so he clearly wants to be at Spurs. We hijacked Llorente's move to Chelsea, the dude is not a spring chicken at 32y of age, but he is a proven 15+ goal striker, he did that in every league he played including Spain, Italy and England (with Swansea), he cost us 12m and i think he will be the solid backup we needed. We got a backup at GK and Foyth, a young U21 Argentinian similar to Vertongen, just lighter, faster and younger. Overall i think we are stronger after these moves, i would give us a B+ overall, mainly because we failed to get a speedy winger or AM creative type + we failed to offload last years flop Sissoko, he will probably degrade even more in value. But considering we are building a 700m stadium, the fact that we got stronger, while also making a profit is a fantastic feat.

England time and time again playing like shit.Rashford should be starting for england.

Italy lose to Spain so now they will enter the play offs.

Bad news for some other play off regulars.

hoping for a Portugal vs Italy.seedings will be a factor off course.

England are useless. Mainly because they have shit managers.

We just scraped past Malta. No goals in the first half. Why Joe Hart keeps playing in goal is beyond me, especially with such a good opportunity to try out someone else. They have a collective fear of failure that leads players to be unimaginative and managers to stick with old age players. Southgate even wanted to get Rooney out of retirement, he would of probably played him against Malta if he could!!