1. 1. Alliance of the Year 2015

• Convicted Inc
    • The Cage Cartel
    • The Highland Network
    • Droogs: Ultraviolence
    • The Broken Halo Pride
    • Vendetta
    • Legion of Doom

If it is that big an issue then make a new poll with whatever rules previous years used and label it as new in the thread title and lock this one. Honestly, other than posts targeted at Rabid Alien or Mentor I don't see any hate being directed at LOD as a whole. I keep hearing about it, but i don't see it. LOD hasn't been mentioned in alliance chat once since I joined Convicted. There are quite a few LOD members in my org, and I haven't had an issue with a single one. They have been good managers to work with. Looking back at past years it seems this award is always in the middle of some controversy. Replace LOD with Steel Penn and it is almost identical to the threads from the last couple years. Looking further back it was JMFC and before that MMA Brazil. Maybe we should just scrap it.

• Upvote 2

The last and possibly only time I ever saw any blatant anti-LOD-in general thread on the forums was by Skap about a year ago when he called for a complete boycott of everything LOD related. Skap was an idiot with a ridiculous temper and not too many people agreed with him iirc. I know I defended LOD there.

The only negative thing I can think to say about LOD is that they are not the #1 alliance. Not many alliances are the #1 alliance though.

• Upvote 2

I just changed my vote from The Cage Cartel to Convicted. I voted on the cage cartel first because they were a new created alliance with a ton of awesome top managers and were doing great, but now that LOD seems to vote on their own alliance and make it close with Convicted, I changed it. Convicted earns it more than LOD, that's for sure. They might be a good alliance and have a few top managers like Whymer ( who is very friendly and helpful by the way! ) , but Convicted is better and we all know that.

• Upvote 2

I thought there used to be a rule where you had to have so many posts in the forums in order to be able to vote? To avoid guys creating fake accounts just to vote and stuff? This would probably limit a lot of LOD guys from being able to vote in itself would it not?

The first part of this is a great point in general. Not just to stop LOD for voting for themselves. Everyone seems to be uncomfortable about the thought of alliance members voting for their own alliance because of the size of the alliance <---. Kinda says that you have to consider them for the best alliance; otherwise, why do people keep joining it and especially new people. Before anyone says it, Tycoon actually has the largest alliance and people leave there and join other alliances (Not because Tycoon is bad, but more because it is like furniture in the game). Fact is the biggest doesn't always win, because it is not always the best. Mac makes more money, But Microsoft owns the pc world. Why? because Microsoft is the best? No! Because the majority of the world (Businesses mostly) had Windows based servers and it would cost far to much money to switch over to Mac.

Bottom line. If you are the largest, it could be perhaps that you are the best... or not or just the larges. But, you definitely should not be penalized and told that you can not vote, because your group is to large and thus you can not vote for your group. The whole size thing says that maybe they are the best. From the Microsoft and Mac example you can see that group awards are not as simple. It is not just about winning records, but how people relate within that group and extends it to the community. :)

• Upvote 1

The first part of this is a great point in general. Not just to stop LOD for voting for themselves. Everyone seems to be uncomfortable about the thought of alliance members voting for their own alliance because of the size of the alliance <---. Kinda says that you have to consider them for the best alliance; otherwise, why do people keep joining it and especially new people. Before anyone says it, Tycoon actually has the largest alliance and people leave there and join other alliances (Not because Tycoon is bad, but more because it is like furniture in the game). Fact is the biggest doesn't always win, because it is not always the best. Mac makes more money, But Microsoft owns the pc world. Why? because Microsoft is the best? No! Because the majority of the world (Businesses mostly) had Windows based servers and it would cost far to much money to switch over to Mac.

Bottom line. If you are the largest, it could be perhaps that you are the best... or not. Just the larges. But, you definitely should not be penalized and told that you can not vote, because your group it to large and thus you can not vote for your group. The whole size thing says that maybe they are the best. From the Microsoft and Mac example you can see that group awards are not as simple. It is not just about winning records, but how people relate within that group and extends it to the community. :)

There are no Mac "Servers", so its useless in a corporate environment other than as a client.

Airprint is only meant for Lan's and Apple's Bonjour protocol is very "messy" on a wider scale.

As much as I hate to say it, Microsoft simply "piss their excellence" over the competition in an corporate environment,

Very much like one Convicted Alliance does in the Tycoon universe.

Hence, LOD can have loads of dreams, wet even, but what really trickels down their cheeks,

comes from the Sprayers of the Golden Shower of Excellence, collectively named Convicted. :shades:

• Upvote 3

LoD certainly deserves the mention. A lot of their members really enjoy their time with the alliance, a lot of their managers get solid private gym training and they have several orgs and a solid tier system.

That being said, quantity doesn't really matter because LoD sends out invites to almost every new member (myself included). If that new member joins, they aren't joining because of quality of because they know they'll enjoy their time in the alliance. They are joining because it's the first offer they've got. Is Tycoon Alliance better than Convicted? It has more members. A big part of it all is also quality.

For someone like Convicted or Vendetta, if I'm right they really recruit top quality guys so they are held to a different standard from LoD. Convicted and Vendetta need to be firing on all cylinders. Almost all of their members have to be on the top of their game and winning big events just to get a mention. For somewhere like LoD, they train up guys and stuff so there is less of a focus on quality and things like Olympic wins and they get mentions for more than just top level stuff.

There's a balance. The fact that the majority of the other alliance members voted for Convicted speaks volumes compared to the almost all LoD-related votes for LoD. You also need to make other people see your successes, and not in a bragging way but if you hit targets and achieve big, people will see it.

• Upvote 1

There's a balance. The fact that the majority of the other alliance members voted for Convicted speaks volumes compared to the almost all LoD-related votes for LoD. You also need to make other people see your successes, and not in a bragging way but if you hit targets and achieve big, people will see it.

Thank you for making my point for me. If you truly are the best, then the votes would probably reflect that message so the size of the alliance does not matter and thus there is no need to regulate who someone can vote for. Convicted appears to be the best and the voting has reflected that so far even though LOD has the second largest league. Given this fact, why so much uproar about LOD voting for LOD?

Thank you for making my point for me. If you truly are the best, then the votes would probably reflect that message so the size of the alliance does not matter and thus there is no need to regulate who someone can vote for. Convicted appears to be the best and the voting has reflected that so far even though LOD has the second largest league. Given this fact, why so much uproar about LOD voting for LOD?

No uproar for me, although that wasn't the point I made. Does anyone here think Highland Network are better than Vendetta? A few of us are pretty close and have made some solid moves, but Vendetta are one of the closest on the site and have made a lot of modes both with top level guys and organisations. That being said, in about 2 hours I'd imagine I could get Highland Network above Vendetta in the votes. What do I gain from that? Do I brag even though I and everyone else knows it wouldn't be a real representation of where both alliances stand?

• Upvote 1