Photo

CardiffWanderer's Beginners "Beginner's Guide" To MMA Tycoon

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:55 AM

Thanks, thats exactly what i wanted to know.

• Guests

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:02 AM

Thanks for this. This game looks awesome, but there is a lot of info to take in. Your guide helped a ton.

• Guests

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:56 PM

This is a great guide. I keep coming back too it as a reference. There is just so much information here. Thank You!

#64 CardiffWanderer

CardiffWanderer

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:26 AM

Several aspects have been updated so it falls into line with recent in game changes.

Sports Blog: http://bleacherrepor...ardiff-wanderer

Also find me on twitter @CardiffWanderer

#65 MrCee

MrCee

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 531 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:40 PM

You could add that one should never join Joel Nicola's can crushing org tongue.gif

• Guests

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:34 AM

+1

#67 CardiffWanderer

CardiffWanderer

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:49 AM

A couple more updates to keep it relevant.

#68 Krimzn

Krimzn

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 858 posts
  • Interests:MMA, Anime, Video Games, Working Out, Drawing, Sleeping, Eating, Cooking
  • Manager Profile

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:02 AM

I swear I read this guide almost everyday. If it weren't for you, I would've been entirely lost. Thanks a lot CW!

• Guests

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

Really grateful for this. Found out some things about physicals I didn't know (the wiki is incredibly vague). Wish I had found this when I started.

T

• Guests

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

Thanks this really helped me out.

Fight coming up January 31 2011
MY fighter SILVA vs "The"
QFC
My first fight!

• Guests

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:15 PM

This was very helpful to me. I just started today and I am trying to learn everything I can efore creating my fighters. This game seem very tricky and interesting I can't wait to compete.

#72 HousE.MD

HousE.MD

White Belt

• Manager
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:MMA / Movies / TV Shows / Books / Internet / Technology
  • Manager Profile

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

Thanks a lot !!!

• Guests

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

- Sliders -

- Slider are how you tell your fighter to fight, what he should do and how much he should attempt to do it.

- There are some sensible rule of thumb points to sliders that should be your first port of call and are important to all fighters no matter what their objective in the fight is.

- Don't be too one dimensional. This is clearly labelled on the takedown attempts but is true for all fighters as most average fighter will be able to adapt and exploit a fighter who is only going for one manoeuvre. Mixing it up will keep the opponent guessing and will allow you to complete your objective easier, although you should always favour your strong points.

- When you miss a takedown, headkick or submission attempt you lose a lot of energy so there deployment should be thought about carefully as too many attempts to early could leave your fighter exhausted and open to the easy KO.

- Sliders need experimenting with and something that works for one fighter won't necessarily work perfectly for another as they may have different hidden attributes that mean they need to approach the fight in a different way.

- Your opponent is also an important thing to consider when determining sliders, you can gage a lot of information about how your opponent fights from the fight commentary as little pointers may show he is very strong but has poor cardio or favours countering opposed to coming forward and these things can give you an advantage.

- Use your own common sense. Don't try and out strike a wonderful boxer when you only have mediocre abilities and don't try and sub a black belt with a white. Remembering this may even set your game plan up for yourself.

- There are some specific slider questions that have come up and have been debated in other threads and I would like to summarise these also;

- Aggression vs Countering - Fighters with high aggression are going to push the action, go for the opponent and look for the win from the very beginning. Often the fighter with the higher aggression will have an advantage with the judges and put their opponent on the back foot however a well placed counter can ruin all of that.

Countering can be in the form of strikes or takedowns and in looking to slip an attack and do damage when the opponent is vulnerable and against aggressive fighters this can be very affective especially if you are looking for a takedown or against a stronger opponent than yourself. However it does open your fighter up to the chance of being hit first and one punch knockouts can happen and a fighter set to do to much countering may be too defensive and not pull the trigger at all.

Therefore the aggression/countering problem changes from fighter to fighter. Do you have the strike defence to pull of the counter and the agility to land your offense. On the other hand can you be sure that your fighter has the cardio to chase his opponent for three rounds and the takedown defence to stop the double leg takedown. It is not an easy riddle to answer but knowing your fighter and your opponents may help

- Accuracy vs Power - This is something many stand up fighters worry about as they need to land to have a chance of hurting the opponent while they also need to be able to try and knock them out. The actual answer depends on the fighter in question, those who are lucky enough to have good KO power can afford to set their slider to the accuracy side as they have a much higher chance of KO'ing the opponent with accuracy while those not blessed need to look to put far more fire in their shots. Strength is also an important aspect though and the stronger your fighter is the more accurate you can afford to be.

- Stick Positions -

A GnP guy should look to stick at half guard or side control (depending on passing ability) as you can cause all the damage with far less risk of getting subbed.

A BJJ guy is completely up to choice. From mount you get the most options however it is the most difficult position to obtain so your BJJ level is going to have to be significantly higher than your opponent.

Side control opens up a lot of arm submissions such as kimuras and is easier to obtain so it is better for those closer matched in bjj.

None/back is the default as it is the place to get the RNC. However it does have another usage as it can be useful for a strong bjj guy going up against a stronger wrestler as it allows you to go from scramble to back position from the bottom which double your opportunities especially when the triangle has been taken away by half guard etc.

awesome!

• Guests

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Thank you! That's is really useful:)

• Guests

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

someone give me a sponeser

#76 warlord

warlord

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

this thread did serve as one of my guide when i first played tycoon.

#77 CardiffWanderer

CardiffWanderer

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

This definitely needs an update, perhaps suggestions can be made and alterations sorted.

#78 kimpogi

kimpogi

White Belt

• Manager
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:05 PM

great guide !!!!!

#79 Mr.J

Mr.J

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,184 posts
  • Interests:Football,MMA and not giving a fuck.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 13 October 2014 - 03:20 PM

great guide !!!!!

yeah and we fucking know it so you don't need to comment the same thing in multiple threads.

tWUInvj.jpg?1
Modesty is the pride of the Mediocre.
According to me is the only according to me that matters.
A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of a sheep.

Self interest is the best interest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users