1. 1. Alliance of the Year 2015

• Convicted Inc
    • The Cage Cartel
    • The Highland Network
    • Droogs: Ultraviolence
    • The Broken Halo Pride
    • Vendetta
    • Legion of Doom

I have given no opinion on whether or not LOD is a good alliance, it just shouldn't be up to its its own members to decide.

The thing is, if LOD members voted someone else, it would put them in a serious disadvantage in all voting because we have the biggest % of VIP managers in this game (and hence, a large portion of the active members as well). If they think their alliance/fighters/managers are the best, they should be allowed to vote for who they want.

What others seem to forget is that most these voting is not based upon any real criteria. It is based upon popularity or opinions. Most these votes tend to be "vote for anyone else other than LOD", so we end up being at a disadvantage anyway. I mean past records have shown that we never win any awards, even when we have legitimate claim, so if you ended up "banning" votes towards your friends, it would basically remove the whole point of these awards. The fact that we were added to these polls late is not even being debated at all from what i see, but anyway.

LOD does have legitimate claim to being the best alliance in the game, based upon multiple criteria (i am not going to start debating this again), which is also one of the reasons why people are voting for their alliance. People outside of LOD do not know us much as we have a weak presence on these forums and on the chat, which is also one of the reasons why we do not have much support outside of it.

In regards to the actual votes above, Convicted votes for Vendetta and Vendetta votes for Convicted, so if you was to remove those votes and the votes for own alliance, you would not have as much support for each group as it seems.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

The thing is, if LOD members voted someone else, it would put them in a serious disadvantage in all voting because we have the biggest % of VIP managers in this game (and hence, a large portion of the active members as well). If they think their alliance/fighters/managers are the best, they should be allowed to vote for who they want.

What others seem to forget is that most these voting is not based upon any real criteria. It is based upon popularity or opinions. Most these votes tend to be "vote for anyone else other than LOD", so we end up being at a disadvantage anyway. I mean past records have shown that we never win any awards, even when we have legitimate claim, so if you ended up "banning" votes towards your friends, it would basically remove the whole point of these awards. The fact that we were added to these polls late is not even being debated at all from what i see, but anyway.

LOD does have legitimate claim to being the best alliance in the game, based upon multiple criteria (i am not going to start debating this again), which is also one of the reasons why people are voting for their alliance. People outside of LOD do not know us much as we have a weak presence on these forums and on the chat, which is also one of the reasons why we do not have much support outside of it.

In regards to the actual votes above, Convicted votes for Vendetta and Vendetta votes for Convicted, so if you was to remove those votes and the votes for own alliance, you would not have as much support for each group as it seems.

A broad range of people (not just Vendetta as I know you can plainly see) vote for convicted because they have more elite of the elite managers than everyone else which is my criteria. I understand you can take other criteria into account but I assume that's what most people who vote for them have in mind.

I certainly don't hate LOD and I'm having a tough time understanding why you think theres so much animosity against you when this is the first time I can remember in the past year where there has been any negative mention of LOD on the forums.

• Upvote 1

Should just not count alliance members voting for their own alliance, problem solved.

This is the way it's been every year. I don't know how an alliance could be happy they won alliance of the year if all their own members voted for themselves, regardless if they think they're best in the game or not.

• Upvote 1

I don't see how that's a good thing if I'm honest. The bigger the alliance the harder it is to organise. You don't have more VIPs in your alliance than in the entire game and even if you did, you could abstain from voting so no other alliance gets votes if you truly think your alliance is the best. Even still I think for this award if you believe your alliance is the best in the game, you should be voting who you feel is the second best alliance in the game.

I don't have any problem w/ LOD, only Mentor. I get along w/ several members of LOD just fine. 1 of them was on my ITFL team. LOD deserves to be nominated and is a threat to this award IMO. I voted for Convicted because the MAIN criteria I judge alliances on are winning fights, p4p rankings, manager rankings. It's a fighting game so no matter what great companies people own or run, i base it largely on fighting. And unfortunately no other alliance can lick Convicted's sweaty jock strap as far as the fight aspect of this game goes just yet. So that's where my vote went.

• Upvote 2

I have to agree with shortfuse, LOD should be in this. But I still feel Convicted is the top alliance, when I voted LOD was not listed so I voted for Vendetta because of the year they have had, but no way they are on the level of Convicted yet, I would say they could get there if they keep going like they are. If I would have known LOD would be added I would have voted different just because LOD has so many members and can win with just their votes.

With the number of members LOD have, they have to be doing something right or people would not be staying there. People's feelings about Mentor should not ruin the entire alliance. I guess what I am getting at is they deserve to be in here and recognized as a good alliance but no way are they the top alliance. I still say alliance members should not be able to vote for their alliance to stop this problem.

• Upvote 2

You know I think the whole people shouldn't vote for their own alliance has gotten a bit off track. Presidential candidates in the US vote for themselves and so do senators and congressmen, and representatives, governors, mayors etc. As I think Marky said, people should vote for whom they think is best. Let be honest, what real purpose does it serve the competition to vote for someone else, just because you can't vote for the one you feel is best because your a part of it. If 500 people vote and 200 voted for group A and 300 people voted for group B which was their second choice, because they were a part of group C and not allowed to vote for it, then the real choice was not acknowledged.

I voted for best designer yesterday and I voted for warpig. I had not idea who warpig was before yesterday, but I can say that even if I were nominated for designer of the year, I would have cast a vote for him, because his work is far better than anything I have done in this game. So, I can acknowledge that a peer is better than me if that is the case, but if it is not, why would I vote for him. Does that make sense?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

http://33.media.tumblr.com/f7f5c0d420c946e15a24f601bba0dabd/tumblr_n3p1jbWlkJ1skzet2o1_250.gif

• Upvote 5

The only thing I don't like is, as Mentor said, LOD can sometimes have a weak presence in the forums or in chat. So how are they seeing the thread? That's the only thing I don't like. They are obviously being told to check out the thread. If I sent a message out to the guys in Highland Games right now asking them to check out the alliance of the year, I reckon HN would at least hit #3. That wouldn't really be a fair representation of what we or anyone else has done though. The guys voting me wouldn't really know what HN has done, they'd just be doing it because they were asked to check it out.

I do get Mentor's point though cause a couple of times I've been thinking "It's annoying how I bet this aspect of Highland would get a good few votes if only more of the managers knew about these threads" but at the same time for me to direct them to them would be swaying the votes so it's just something I have to live with.

Think of it this way if you want a positive spin on things Mentor. Check the CEO thread and look at your name and then the name of the guy directly under you. If you wanted a reason to be bitter, wait till you get 3 votes for the only thing you actually do in the game :arrowhead: haha

• Upvote 1

Convicted is still leading the voting pretty easily, and rightfully so, so most seem to not agree with what Rabid Alien seem to have said at all....

+ you put a spy in another alliance and that is good...?

I have many moles in many places, you may call me the Master of whispers. I know all that is true, and all that is lies.

If mentor wants to discuss this with me, then he is welcome too. But he is the only person I will discuss this with from LOD.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Convicted is still leading the voting pretty easily, and rightfully so, so most seem to not agree with what Rabid Alien seem to have said at all....

+ you put a spy in another alliance and that is good...?

I think what LOD guys need to realize is that nobody has a problem with LOD guys. I probably wouldn't be able to do what I do with HG without these LOD guys putting it forward. So yeah, not all will agree with him saying that because there are PLENTY of sound as fuck lads in LOD.

It's just the fact that there are so many new guys, that when you have a "bad apple" it's going to corrupt a lot more. If you go in there and tell those guys to vote and win some awards because they are 3 times larger than any other org, how many of these "3 times larger" guys actually know what Convicted, or Vendetta, or Cage Cartel etc. have done in 2015? The majority of these new guys haven't really had the time to get to know the site, so by telling them to go vote for you imo is where people's backs are going to be up and where people are gonna get pissed off.

Nobody I believe on the site has a problem with LOD. They may have a problem with Mentor or maybe specific GAMMA orgs, but with how many sound lads are in LOD I don't think anyone says "Fuck that guy I'm not signing to his org cause it says LEGION OF DOOM" under his name.

• Upvote 1

I have no problem with LOD as a whole, only right now with Rabid, because he's an idiot that insults you and then blocks you like a little bitch and when he types things he makes me feel bi-polar.

and also because LOD are cheating these awards just voting for themselves and using man power to attempt to manpower these polls.

I would still help any other LOD member, as I am currently.

I have no problem with LOD as a whole, only right now with Rabid, because he's an idiot that insults you and then blocks you like a little bitch and when he types things he makes me feel bi-polar.

and also because LOD are cheating these awards just voting for themselves and using man power to attempt to manpower these polls.

I would still help any other LOD member, as I am currently.

If they have the largest alliance, then why not use that to there advantage? Nothing in the rules says that you can't vote for your own team. If its not breaking a rule, its not cheating.

• Upvote 1

If they have the largest alliance, then why not use that to there advantage? Nothing in the rules says that you can't vote for your own team. If its not breaking a rule, its not cheating.

Every other year you haven't been allowed to vote for your own alliance, otherwise the alliance with the most active alliance members would win every year, which would be pretty stupid.

• Upvote 3