Cracking on and getting some shiz done!

MMATycoon

First off - The whole debating on the size of the committee (for lack of better term). The whole point of Mike setting this up is to get a group of people who will be able to have a civil discussion focused on improving the game experience as a whole. Arguing early doors about the size of the group - Complete opposite of what we should be looking to achieve. Of course, there is a limit on the amount of voices that should be in any group, but worst case scenario we get 20 people in, and numbers in the committee can be cut based on criteria so you get a group of people who are laser focused on improvements to the game. I disagree with Bjorn's post above based on a few factors, but this is not the thread for it as it will only distract from the topic we should actually be discussing. While he may have some merit to his post, I don't think this is the time to be discussing it when Mike is making a clear way for players to get involved in progressing the game.

Alliances - I don't think there should be a 1 per alliance cap on it since some alliances host multiple people who can have a fantastic impact on improving the game through discussion and co-operation. Of course, some people will have an agenda within a minor group of managers, but you gotta go with trust that the people selected have the game's best interests at heart.

I'm 50/50 on Rocket Sausages previous idea about having a Leader, Minor Group who votes, and the rest are a suggesting body. While it would give more of a definitive answer on some of the ideas, I can see tensions rising about potential voted people to the higher bodies.

From reading Adam's post, I would also have no issues with joining and getting involved with the group.

Just as a quick and easy list of people who expressed interest so far, also to make it easier on CK updating Post #2:

Chris Karter (Rambo) - Convicted Inc

King Kendrick (Ovoxo) - ATTL

Jamie McKenna (UndergroundKing) - The Outsiders

Glenn Rocket (RocketSausage) - Vendetta

Hannibal Buress (GreenGrocer) - Decimation

Lieutenant Columbo (Columbo) - Kryptonite

Kc Cooper (Deuce7) - BAMF Army

Shiv Redux (Shiv) - ATTL

Money Mayweather (mmagladiators) - Decimation

Adam Holland (AdamHolland) - Aspire Alliance

Tom Bickle (tomburgerpie) - Aspire Alliance

Mark O'Sullivan (markyosullivan) - The Corporation

Rei Rei (Rei) - 7th Circle

Grant Brophy (GBK16) - The Six Musketeers

Blake Phoenix (BlakePhoenix) - Legion Of Doom

John Hetfield (Beck) - The Corporation

Bjorn said he would only join if it was limited to 10 people at most, while Lefty , Alika Webb and Whymer all posted about the idea but didn't say if they would be interested in joining.

• Upvote 2

I've literally asked you guys to do one thing: "Get a group together of 20-30 people and give me the list", yet a quick skim through this thread is already making me lose the will to live.

A small group is a terrible idea because it is elitist and exclusionary. This is not meant to be either of those things. 20-30 people are perfectly capable of having a basic discussion. Anyone who isn't capable of that shouldn't be in the group.

I'm not going to read this thread again, so don't write anything to me. Get the group together. It's not hard. Mail me when it's done.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Just as a quick and easy list of people who expressed interest so far, also to make it easier on CK updating Post #2:

Shiv Redux (Shiv) - ATTL

This is definitely a good starting point for "choosing" the committee. You have plenty of "old timers" that have been at this thing for quite a few years (5+), "newer" guys that are sitting around 6months-1year, plus some veterans in between. Input from new and old managers needs to be a key point of focus when we're choosing who should be involved.

• Upvote 2

Shiv Redux (Shiv) - ATTL

Strong list so far. Hopefully duphus and a couple of others added then you can get cracking. Using markys best ideas thread would be a good starting point.

We've all been complaining about very little being done with the game and this seems like the perfect opportunity to get things rolling.

I will be on the committee if there is room. I know I dont post on the forum a lot but I been around a while.

Personally I hope the committee doesnt turn into a popularity contest. I think Mike has a great idea in doing this. I would like to see a very diverse group, some of us old guys, some new, some top managers and some average. That way we can get input from each group in the game. No one will be happy if we only have a select few picking all the updates. I dont see why it should be limited to just 1 per alliance either, as long as we are doing 20-30 people we should be able to get it spread out pretty well.

We really need to give it time don't pick the committee right now today, wait and see what names come up and then decide who will be the best for it.

As for Bjorn's post and him being on the committee. I hope he is not. I like Bjorn a lot, I am one of the few that defend him on here. But he would bring to much drama and fighting between the group. Plus he has already said he doesnt like the idea so why bother. it would be almost as bad as adding humors.

• Upvote 1

I will be on the committee if there is room. I know I dont post on the forum a lot but I been around a while.

Personally I hope the committee doesnt turn into a popularity contest. I think Mike has a great idea in doing this. I would like to see a very diverse group, some of us old guys, some new, some top managers and some average. That way we can get input from each group in the game. No one will be happy if we only have a select few picking all the updates. I dont see why it should be limited to just 1 per alliance either, as long as we are doing 20-30 people we should be able to get it spread out pretty well.

We really need to give it time don't pick the committee right now today, wait and see what names come up and then decide who will be the best for it.

As for Bjorn's post and him being on the committee. I hope he is not. I like Bjorn a lot, I am one of the few that defend him on here. But he would bring to much drama and fighting between the group. Plus he has already said he doesnt like the idea so why bother. it would be almost as bad as adding humors.

I don't agree with that, but maybe others would be pricks about it, or Bjorn would do it to himself. Overall I think things would be fine.

15 people should be enough though. I think Mentor should represent LOD.

I don't agree with that, but maybe others would be pricks about it, or Bjorn would do it to himself. Overall I think things would be fine.

15 people should be enough though. I think Mentor should represent LOD.

I hope you are right, as I said I like Bjorn. I agree about Mentor, if he will do it. That's why we need to give it a little time, see who all is interested and go from there.

Look. Mike has asked us to get a group of 20-30 players together. Thats all hes asked. He hasnt asked for us to decide if thats too many. Lets get the number that hes asked for together, and if he feels at some point that its too many, then he/we can cut some. He's offering us an opportunity to get some decent updates that the playerbase wants, so lets not ruin that by fucking around. Hes asked for 20-30 so we choose 20 (as people seem to think that the lower the better).

We are making this way more complicated than it needs to be

• Upvote 3

Im down to Join. But ok if not selected.

Basically this needs someone to run with it to get the board together.

Personally i would choose CK or Grant let them pick the 15/20 managers to get this thing rolling. I know they wont be selective. So guys like Mentor and JPL should be in it also with a few of the guys who are around a lot like Adam holland,

Im down to Join. But ok if not selected.

Basically this needs someone to run with it to get the board together.

Personally i would choose CK or Grant let them pick the 15/20 managers to get this thing rolling. I know they wont be selective. So guys like Mentor and JPL should be in it also with a few of the guys who are around a lot like Adam holland,

I wouldn't mind either working with CK to come up with it, or just letting CK take the role of chairman. I think people know him well enough and seen some of his suggested improvements enough to know he would be a great person to have at the forefront.

If we include Lefty and Joe River above, we got 18 members for this already. Add in Dale Mac, and we got 19. I do agree that guys like Mentor and JLP should be a large part of it as they have a wealth of knowledge on the game and have a more broad viewpoint than most.

Overall though, I say just get everybody who wants to be a member of it on a list, forward that to Mike, and then when the Sub Forum is set up, we can elect 3 people to lead the group so to say. Prevents an all out one person having all the power, while giving everyone a chance to contribute imo.

• Upvote 6

I wouldn't mind either working with CK to come up with it, or just letting CK take the role of chairman. I think people know him well enough and seen some of his suggested improvements enough to know he would be a great person to have at the forefront.

If we include Lefty and Joe River above, we got 18 members for this already. Add in Dale Mac, and we got 19. I do agree that guys like Mentor and JLP should be a large part of it as they have a wealth of knowledge on the game and have a more broad viewpoint than most.

Overall though, I say just get everybody who wants to be a member of it on a list, forward that to Mike, and then when the Sub Forum is set up, we can elect 3 people to lead the group so to say. Prevents an all out one person having all the power, while giving everyone a chance to contribute imo.

I second this motion here here
  • Upvote 3

Getting the group together is step #1. Let's get 'er done and get a move on it. I'd say it's pretty much mandatory about adding JLP and Mentor. Throw them on.

we can always add or remove people if it really comes down to it.

Agreed on the adding and removing. Current list is below, I added in some people who posted on this thread, or else haven't but would be great additions for their opinions

1. Chris Karter (Rambo) - Convicted Inc

2. King Kendrick (Ovoxo) - ATTL

3. Jamie McKenna (UndergroundKing) - The Outsiders

4. Glenn Rocket (RocketSausage) - Vendetta

5. Hannibal Buress (GreenGrocer) - Decimation

6. Lieutenant Columbo (Columbo) - Kryptonite

7. Kc Cooper (Deuce7) - BAMF Army

8. Shiv Redux (Shiv) - ATTL

9. Money Mayweather (mmagladiators) - Decimation

10. Adam Holland (AdamHolland) - Aspire Alliance

11. Tom Bickle (tomburgerpie) - Aspire Alliance

12. Mark O'Sullivan (markyosullivan) - The Corporation