Future of Avatars

Freddie

Yeah, kindly takes away from the fighting theme for me ... starting to look a bit dungeons and dragons.

Makes we wonder if I should be looking for a "poison resistance" or "immune to magic" hidden to tick soon.

Haha, this just made me think of the old boxing games where you could get gear that gave you a little bonus in your attributes. +1

Custom avatars use to be a rare thing in this game, since it required actual graphic design skills and a good understanding of Photoshop. I remember buying quality avatars, where it wasn't even a question if it would be accepted, since it was just that good and following the rules of acceptance thoroughly.

The current batch of "designers" creating avatars in bulk are spending something like 15 minutes per shitty avatars, and they sell them at the same price that a writeup would go for. It's really bad, because managers who use to write for orgs would spend hours coming up with a decent writeup that would get them around 50k, while a shitty avatar can sell for 50k+.

Edit: Looking at actual tycoon avatars vs. current ones for sale, it seems like the tycoon community are digging men with muscles and shiny body, since the focus isn't on faces anymore, but on body details and backgrounds.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Custom avatars use to be a rare thing in this game, since it required actual graphic design skills and a good understanding of Photoshop. I remember buying quality avatars, where it wasn't even a question if it would be accepted, since it was just that good and following the rules of acceptance thoroughly.

The current batch of "designers" creating avatars in bulk are spending something like 15 minutes per shitty avatars, and they sell them at the same price that a writeup would go for. It's really bad, because managers who use to write for orgs would spend hours coming up with a decent writeup that would get them around 50k, while a shitty avatar can sell for 50k+.

Edit: Looking at actual tycoon avatars vs. current ones for sale, it seems like the tycoon community are digging men with muscles and shiny body, since the focus isn't on faces anymore, but on body details and backgrounds.

Yup, some of the old ones that guys like Opa did back in the day were amazing. Like, on a whole different level.

Completely agree with Listerman. When I came to this game, I started writing for events but then I was like fuck that shit, lemme learn to photoshop. For the time you can write one preview(let's say ~2 hours for something not so sophisticated), I can produce at least 300k worth of avatars. It isn't fair at all, based on the effort it requires and this is why no one is writing anymore I guess.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

True, heck I'm guilty myself of this. I like writing a lot more, but I can't justify spending 1 to 2 hours on a write up, while I can make more doing half an hour of work on avatars

You are right there man. When I first joined MMAT, I used to do some write ups here and there, making a decent amount of cash that led me to being able to finance my first org. Then seeing avatars was a nice way to make money too to continue to finance my org, I started doing that. The auctions usually are the money makers and can make any avatar go from the regular price between 30k and 50k to over 250k in some cases. I think a lot of guys see this too and start making avatars to make that quick money.

There are a few that are not improving on their skills with designing and I feel those are in it for the money alone. And the problem there is that the quality is not up to what the original guidelines were for avatars, yet they get accepted AND people keep buying it. I sort of feel like there is some responsibility here with Mike, as he can deny any avatar he deems to be not fit. It seems he opened up the flood gate and allowed these to go through, basically reaching a point of no return at the moment. I feel that if Mike no longer has the time to deal with the avatar acception/rejection progress based on his own criteria put in place, he should hire someone to help out. That way we can get it back to where it used to be. Hopefully we will see some people improving their skills then and we get solid avatars all around. At the end of the day, its quality over quantity for me, though I still have some flaws in my work here and there xD

• Upvote 1

You are right there man. When I first joined MMAT, I used to do some write ups here and there, making a decent amount of cash that led me to being able to finance my first org. Then seeing avatars was a nice way to make money too to continue to finance my org, I started doing that. The auctions usually are the money makers and can make any avatar go from the regular price between 30k and 50k to over 250k in some cases. I think a lot of guys see this too and start making avatars to make that quick money.

There are a few that are not improving on their skills with designing and I feel those are in it for the money alone. And the problem there is that the quality is not up to what the original guidelines were for avatars, yet they get accepted AND people keep buying it. I sort of feel like there is some responsibility here with Mike, as he can deny any avatar he deems to be not fit. It seems he opened up the flood gate and allowed these to go through, basically reaching a point of no return at the moment. I feel that if Mike no longer has the time to deal with the avatar acception/rejection progress based on his own criteria put in place, he should hire someone to help out. That way we can get it back to where it used to be. Hopefully we will see some people improving their skills then and we get solid avatars all around. At the end of the day, its quality over quantity for me, though I still have some flaws in my work here and there xD

I was kind of thinking the same thing. A panel of a few managers that would critique the avatars before they are ok'd to be sent off to Mike for final approval or not. Not sure how or where it would/could be set up but I think in the end it would help out Mike and the overall look of the game when it comes to fighter avatars.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I guess i dont look at it the way some do and thats ok because its kind of my point

I think for the most part the avatars being made by most

are just fine

If you like avatars that have flashy backgrounds then there are some out there for you to get

if you dont then dont buy them

That dont mean they are bad they might not be something you like and thats ok

some like avatars to look more like those in game and there are some who make those

its all about what ever you per-fur both avatar makers and buyers

there are some who love my avatars and some who think they are shit both are right

Because the true is its your opinion not a matter of fact.

• Upvote 1

I stopped making avatars because it seemed like guys were focusing on the backgrounds and making things move. All of my fighters have avatars I made or that Topo made (IMO best ever) To be honest I think a lot of the avatars made today, aren't worth the 15 days of VIP. I know you can get free avatars from Spin n Win, but to me it still isn't worth it. If I need one I make my own. Then I know how much time is spent on it.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=87458

Topo made Anton Poirier, Stryker Payne, Asa Sharp. I made all the others

if an avatar is bad, it shouldn't be accepted. we don't need licenses if each avatar has to be manually accepted by Mike. if he thinks that avatar is good enough, IT IS good enough.

if you see the avatar that you don't like, don't buy it, don't submit it. but if somoe one else likes it and wants it for HIS fighter, who are you to tell him that is bad and he shouldn't use it or shouldn't pay for such avatar?? will you pay your 15 days vip for him to submit the avatar that YOU would like to see on HIS fighter?

just keep your nose in your own business, people
and let the others have the avatars they like (as long as they're acceptable by Mike)

A panel of a few managers that would critique the avatars before they are ok'd to be sent off to Mike for final approval or not. Not sure how or where it would/could be set up but I think in the end it would help out Mike and the overall look of the game when it comes to fighter avatars.

worst thing to do, imo
will only give unnecessary power to some 'no life' forumers, and the whole avatar making thing will turn into a popularity contest.

• Upvote 6

I guess this is it?

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14892802558901.png

I see it was accepted and is now on two fighters. :no:

I was under the impression that those hands are part of a chair or something... I wouldn't pass if if they are meant to be his actual hands. He doesn't have pixy ears or anything like that - as far as I can see it's just a dude in a chair with arms and wings on the chair.

• Upvote 1

I don't get caught up on avatars. People should be able to look like whatever they want, we already suspend our disbelief to account for fighters with outrageous names, and that appears in the actual fight.

Yes, you're right, people should be able to look like whatever they want, we shouldn't have to limit what gets uploaded and accepted, because I'm looking forward to fight a dog with my exaggerated cartoon dummy:

d627c53e9709f6422ff77ddb2b18898e.png

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 3

Yes, you're right, people should be able to look like whatever they want, we shouldn't have to limit what gets uploaded and accepted, because I'm looking forward to fight a dog with my exaggerated cartoon dummy:

d627c53e9709f6422ff77ddb2b18898e.png

If we can name our fighters pretty much whatever we want, I really don't see a big deal with the avatars.

Ultimately comes down to a I couldn't care less moment. I have an org owner named Justin Ass and I received a fight offer vs Dick Pound. And these aren't even close to the dumbest fuckin names I've seen or fought. And you can decline fights vs guys with retarded names but it doesn't stop somebody from picking up a FA and changing his name to Penis Wrinkle or cbomb Licker or Robot Coach Stand Up.

• Upvote 5

If we can name our fighters pretty much whatever we want, I really don't see a big deal with the avatars.

Ultimately comes down to a I couldn't care less moment. I have an org owner named Justin Ass and I received a fight offer vs Dick Pound. And these aren't even close to the dumbest fuckin names I've seen or fought. And you can decline fights vs guys with retarded names but it doesn't stop somebody from picking up a FA and changing his name to Penis Wrinkle or cbomb Licker or Robot Coach Stand Up.

I have not made one avatar that CK has liked yet lol

so one of my goals this year is to sell him 3 avatars !

lol or maybe 1

• Upvote 2