Fixing the Finance

Gutz

So I have played this game for allmost 7 years having only one 6mths pause during that. The way I see is that there is two major problems in this game and I would like to offer solution for both of them. I can guarentee that there will be muttering against these but at the end of the day this game would enjoyable for players and more profitable for Mike.

The biggest problem is that it takes forever to build a top level fighter. To get to the top you need to optimize your training and to do that you need to create 16-18 years old fighter, test learning, test hiddens and then train him with certain protocol etc. We all know this. It just takes too long to do that. Easily 6mths.

Solution. Double the training speed for 16-17years old fighters. You want to get fighters ready faster. Fine. But you need to pay for it. Creating 16years old fighter is a gamble since you could still end up with moonwalking glassjaw but the reward would be there as well.

Second problem is that there is too much money in this game. After you have succesful played this game for 1-2 years you end up with so much money that you dont really need to pay to play anymore. You will have all the supplements, jets, private gyms etc.. And you can buy your VIP but since you buy it from other players this money doesnt get deleted. It is still there so you are more likely to get the cash back easier. So there needs to be way to spend big money here.

Solution. You should be able to buy fast learning 16-17olds also with game money. But it needs to be very expensive. Lets say 1million for 17years old prospect and 2million to gamble with 16years old. As maybe half of these fighters would end up having crappy hiddens it would mean that huge sums of game money would be deleted from the game.

So after some time managers would start to pay for their VIPs and use real money to buy younger fighters. Sure you would still have the option to play for free but as other games like Clash Royale etc in game buys would give you clear advantage.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As the game population gets smaller over time it makes sense to have things happen a little faster and have options for this kind of thing to ensure the rest of us still playing have a solid list of potential opponents I guess, I'm not against it.

Is the game population really getting smaller??

I also disagree with paying for faster learners. As you say, once you've played this game (semi successfully) for a few years you'll have more money than you can spend. So the only ones taking advantage of this would be the established managers, who are already at the top, who will become even further ahead of the noobs and intermediates.

Having played myself for a few years, I am beginning to feel a bit reluctant to make new prospects because I know how long it takes to see them reach a high level. Like another few years of my life. So I would like a faster game somehow..

• Upvote 2

VIP and its partner features are as close as MMATycoon gets to "pay to win." I'd like to keep it that way.

If you aren't patient enough to play, don't.

There is so much that could already use tweaking. Some things about MMA Tycoon are just here to stay. Tiny things built up over 8 years are irreversible.

Mike may as well keep this game in tact as Tycoon Classic, then launch a brand new version where Org payouts are nerfed, fighter progress is a little faster, Clothing & Nutrition items need to be replaced more often, and whatever else he can think of.

As for a supposedly waning playerbase (I don't know if that's true or not - between this and BetMMA Mike always has over 400 people online) - you can draw in thousands of new players with a well-placed ad campaign. They're cheaper than you'd think.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I dont understand why everyone is complaining about the learning speed? This is a manager game and learning speed is very fast compare to other games of this type. Where you have seens any good sports manager game where you can boost up your fighter to be the best in the game for less than a 2 years? No other game you would get to top of the game in tha time you would need years to break top manager ranks.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I dont like it. Allowing managers to buy fast learners just increases the gap between new and vet players. There are better ways to fix the economy.

Think about it. 2mil for 16years old that could easily have bad hiddens. Sure you could buy lets say 6-10 of them. You could still end up with less the average roster. Only thing is that your fighters would be ready sooner. So more time to play until age kicks in. I would even argue that this would worsen the old managers position since they couldnt lay on their money anymore.

But noobs could also buy these 16-17y fast learners. Just use VIP days for it. It is no other then basic buy-in-play that games like Clash Royale etc use to bring in revenue. I dont think Mike gets rich doing this so it wouldnt harm him at all..

I havent been in the game as long as some but in the just over 2 years I have been here YES the number of managers has gone down...not by much but considering what an great game it is...it should of doubled and tripled and grown FAR past what it has.

WHY? ok here is MY opinion....there are 2 major factors involved and one is mentioned above...

1. Speed of the game....its SLOW damn slow...REALLY fucking slow....someone was saying compared to other manager sports games its not and that may be true I dont know....I havent played any other manager sports games....But what I DO know is easily 90% of the new registrations are gone in less than a month...why? 1 reason is its too damn SLOW. Lets look the demographics and its a DUH to say the majority of online players are Americans...and the majority of them are the younger generations...who have lived their lives in a society where EVERYTHING is NOW....fast and quick and immediate gratification are the key words. American culture LOVES everything fast and expedient. They want it NOW and if u cant handle it they will move on and find someone who can. Or just change focus to something else to occupy their attention. Thats the mentality and look how popular the faster games are to see it clearly. Now for reason 2.

2. The other problem why we lose so many new managers is the game is difficult to learn and get started in. Watching the new registrations I have seen like 50% make ONE fighter and they are gone and didnt even have a fight....why? Because they dont know what a "QFC" is. Dont know what an "org" is. Cant figure out HOW to get a fight ! Barely figured out how to create a fighter! Then after getting some crap fighter thrown together...they try to use him and CANT FIGURE IT OUT ! Stupid game...and they quit and never return. I myself have quit games because I couldnt figure out how to build the 1st city...wtf? how am I gonna get to liking the game if I cant complete the 1st damn mission or build a city or figure out where to get a general so I can fight the army I made? Wasted that hour! wont return...stupid game!

And thats happening here big time...u go check like I have been for over a year...look at the new registrations and see how many return...see how many make ONE fighter and vanish...didnt even fight ! some dont even make a fighter! why? cause they cant figure out HOW. And then for the few who bumble their way thru...MOST wont buy VIP until they see if they will LIKE the game. So they make crap creations and join orgs and get their asses kicked...again and again and who the hell gonna pay money for a game they are LOSING? You want to keep people here and get them to pay them dollars to get VIP and keep this game rolling along u need to get them WINNING! People who WIN are having fun and will LOVE the game and out comes then credit cards ! HELLO ! Is this so difficult to comprehend? To me its like...DUH ! And yet just a month ago I had some retard talking shit about me here in the forums about how I contact new managers and tell them how to play the game ! omg how can any person be so ignorant and still breath and eat at the same time?? And in the same breath accuse me of scaring people away from the game! By HELPING them....anyway...getting off subject...and out of time....

Summary...the game is SLOW...and its a bitch to get started....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I picked out all your words in capital letters. Does they have something common? Its some sort of an code like zodiac killer did use?

Yes far why my slow really do slow duh everything now loves now how cant figure it out one how most like losing winning win love hello duh helping slow.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Think about it. 2mil for 16years old that could easily have bad hiddens. Sure you could buy lets say 6-10 of them. You could still end up with less the average roster. Only thing is that your fighters would be ready sooner. So more time to play until age kicks in. I would even argue that this would worsen the old managers position since they couldnt lay on their money anymore.

But noobs could also buy these 16-17y fast learners. Just use VIP days for it. It is no other then basic buy-in-play that games like Clash Royale etc use to bring in revenue. I dont think Mike gets rich doing this so it wouldnt harm him at all..

I did think about it. It would do very little other then widen the already huge gap a new player has to over come when first starting the game. Imagine your fast learning 16 year old when he enters an id org and pummels regular 18 year olds. You wouldnt even need good hiddens at that point.

Getting rid of the 90k arenas will be a big step towards fixing the economy and wouldnt give a huge edge to vets.

• Upvote 2

I did think about it. It would do very little other then widen the already huge gap a new player has to over come when first starting the game. Imagine your fast learning 16 year old when he enters an id org and pummels regular 18 year olds. You wouldnt even need good hiddens at that point.

Getting rid of the 90k arenas will be a big step towards fixing the economy and wouldnt give a huge edge to vets.

Nerfing Org money in general would be good.

But again, it's hard to account for every little thing that has gone awry over the game's lifetime. The best and only way to get a clean slate would be to launch a 2.0 with these fixes and work from there.

• Upvote 1

Nerfing Org money in general would be good.

But again, it's hard to account for every little thing that has gone awry over the game's lifetime. The best and only way to get a clean slate would be to launch a 2.0 with these fixes and work from there.

I've called for that a few times over the last few years, but ive since given up on it. Many reasons why it'll never happen that i disagree with, but there is a very vocal opposition.

The money that has flooded the game and ruined the economy all comes from the same source; the orgs that use the 90k arenas and make bank on the ppv's. Just cut off the source and the economy would eventually get back to some semblance of normalcy. In the game you have 2 90k arenas that are filled probably three times a week each. There has been yet to be an event in RL with over 75k. Highest attendance for the UFC was 56,214. Highest attendance for the UFC in the US was around 19k.

• Upvote 1

I've called for that a few times over the last few years, but ive since given up on it. Many reasons why it'll never happen that i disagree with, but there is a very vocal opposition.

The money that has flooded the game and ruined the economy all comes from the same source; the orgs that use the 90k arenas and make bank on the ppv's. Just cut off the source and the economy would eventually get back to some semblance of normalcy. In the game you have 2 90k arenas that are filled probably three times a week each. There has been yet to be an event in RL with over 75k. Highest attendance for the UFC was 56,214. Highest attendance for the UFC in the US was around 91k.

It will probably take around 15-25 years to get back economy to normal after these changes.

That is org owners problem. I think it is ok to decline fight if the skill diffrence is too high in that case. ID orgs mean nothing as your goal is going to be in real orgs.

I like your idea about the mega-arenas. It really doesnt make sense that they are full 3Xtimes in week.

Byw. Reletad to the topic. I jus got fight booked in QFC. I just gotta admire the patience this manager had building his fighter.. http://www.mmatycoon.com/scoutfight.php?fida=260087&fidb=308714

• Upvote 1

That is org owners problem. I think it is ok to decline fight if the skill diffrence is too high in that case. ID orgs mean nothing as your goal is going to be in real orgs.

I like your idea about the mega-arenas. It really doesnt make sense that they are full 3Xtimes in week.

Byw. Reletad to the topic. I jus got fight booked in QFC. I just gotta admire the patience this manager had building his fighter.. http://www.mmatycoon.com/scoutfight.php?fida=260087&fidb=308714

IDK, seems like he's gone too long in training and will never know if he's got anything decent.

Sucks when you go over the skill point limit for level 1 QFC doesn"t it?

• Upvote 1

Sucks when you go over the skill point limit for level 1 QFC doesn"t it?

Sucks when you don't realize it either... :yawn:

I had one of my guys, a 25-year-old QFC fighter at 1,001 total points - matched up with a monster who had everything at Superb or higher. All because I didn't notice the 2 next to the Book Fight button.

1st round TKO.

Sucks when you don't realize it either... :yawn:

I had one of my guys, a 25-year-old QFC fighter at 1,001 total points - matched up with a monster who had everything at Superb or higher. All because I didn't notice the 2 next to the Book Fight button.

1st round TKO.

This. I wanted to test his hiddens and send him to QFC. He was there waiting some time so perhaps he went over. But I dont think he should be over Tier 1. Still just some basic stuff done. Noway near ready.

I dont like it. Allowing managers to buy fast learners just increases the gap between new and vet players. There are better ways to fix the economy.

agree.

all the ideas for more features that will allow players to BUY an advantage in the game are bad. there are already enough of them.

I wanna game where i win thanks to my regularity, tactics, knowledge, months of training. etc.etc. not because i bought my win.

plus, i like the speed of the game as it is right now. it is enjoyable for me

• Upvote 2

This. I wanted to test his hiddens and send him to QFC. He was there waiting some time so perhaps he went over. But I dont think he should be over Tier 1. Still just some basic stuff done. Noway near ready.

Not a 100% on this, but pretty sure when you join QFC you are locked in to whatever level you joined at. So I'd say you just missed it was level 2 when you joined.

• Upvote 2

agree.

all the ideas for more features that will allow players to BUY an advantage in the game are bad. there are already enough of them.

I wanna game where i win thanks to my regularity, tactics, knowledge, months of training. etc.etc. not because i bought my win.

plus, i like the speed of the game as it is right now. it is enjoyable for me

I totally understand that vets dont like this idea.

One thing i agree with Gutz is maybe 17 or 16y olds should have a "minimum cap" for learning speed. I mean, if someone pays 90 days of VIP, that is a lot of money. He should be guaranteed that his 16y old rookie fighter is not a ridiculously slow learner. I am not saying he should automatically be a fast learner either. But if let's say we have learning speed from 1 to 150 points, for 16y olds you should be guaranteed "at least" 120, for 17y olds a learning speed of half (ie 60). This does not automatically mean you have a fast learner (especially for the 17y olds).

But think of it this way, 3 whole months of VIP time for a fighter you will release in the next few hours due to slow learning? Does that make any sense? Currently that is what we have. I know a lot of people are complaining "paying for success" etc, but that is not how i see it. Having a "fast learner" does not guarantee you anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

One thing i agree with Gutz is maybe 17 or 16y olds should have a "minimum cap" for learning speed. I mean, if someone pays 90 days of VIP, that is a lot of money. He should be guaranteed that his 16y old rookie fighter is not a ridiculously slow learner. I am not saying he should automatically be a fast learner either. But if let's say we have learning speed from 1 to 150 points, for 16y olds you should be guaranteed "at least" 120, for 17y olds a learning speed of half (ie 60). This does not automatically mean you have a fast learner (especially for the 17y olds).

But think of it this way, 3 whole months of VIP time for a fighter you will release in the next few hours due to slow learning? Does that make any sense? Currently that is what we have. I know a lot of people are complaining "paying for success" etc, but that is not how i see it. Having a "fast learner" does not guarantee you anything.

Thats the thing. It would be actually huge risk to take. And it would pull out and delete huge sums of money from the game. At the beginning all would be paying these fast learners with game money but after some time this would get harder and harder as cash would get deleted faster then created.

1) Even if they aren't fast learners, you're paying to have 2 extra years of in-game experience. By the time a mediocre 16 year old turns 18, he already has a tremendous advantage. If you don't want to wait don't pay for it. I'm tired of people clamoring for more immediate satisfaction in return for real life money.

2) Just like you said, fast learner guarantees nothing. How would you feel if you paid for a "guaranteed" elite learner, then had a rating of 30 for your chin and heart? It will never stop.

Of all the things that this game could use, more pay-to-win isn't one of them.

• Upvote 3

I totally understand that vets dont like this idea.

i'm not sure if i can be considered as a vet :) only 1 year of playing behind me

I'm tired of people clamoring for more immediate satisfaction in return for real life money.

well said. totally agree with you man

• Upvote 1