Multiple Belts at Org's Discretion

Scooby

Allow multiple belts in orgs  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to allow more than one belt per division?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Allow Custom Trophies as Mentor Suggested?

• yes
    • no

It came to my attention that as an org owner, if you would like to get a good hype boost for your restricted org, you may need unrestricted fighters.

In order to be fair and not have a 22 Year Old restricted fighter having his belt snatched by a 35YO legend in tycoon. I believe someone also mentioned separating a KT belt vs MMA belt per division. I would like it if we could create multiple belts, therefore having one for restricted fighters and one for unrestricted fighters, Likewise.... a good example is my Burning Bush tournament and the fact that i want to allow the top two fighters to continue on to each season, it would be cool to allow them to carry a belt as well.

Of course i know this could get risky because then orgs may become like the boxing world and have 12 belts per division with unifications and all of that nonsense, but i think that will be their own demise as this should effect their credibility detrimentally

what do you guys think?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm all for it. When you run an org with a low or no ID restriction it makes it nearly impossible for the higher ID fighters to ever hold a belt in your org. I know I personally don't sign my fighters to non ID restricted orgs for this reason. It would be nice to have the option to have a "junior" belt so you can recruit higher ID fighters and they will have something to compete for.

A separate belt for the KT fighters is another good example.

• Upvote 2

I'm all for it. When you run an org with a low or no ID restriction it makes it nearly impossible for the higher ID fighters to ever hold a belt in your org. I know I personally don't sign my fighters to non ID restricted orgs for this reason. It would be nice to have the option to have a "junior" belt so you can recruit higher ID fighters and they will have something to compete for.

A separate belt for the KT fighters is another good example.

You are aware that there are both pluses AND minuses to id restricted orgs right? You are basically asking for a huge chunk of the minuses to be removed because they make it hard...

Yeah I see your point. As a fighter manager I love ID restricted orgs but as a recruiter it can be limiting once the low ID fighters become harder and harder to recruit. Its more from being an org staff point of view that multiple belts would be fun to play around with but from a fighter manager POV I don't really care.

+1 I don't like the idea of multiple belts in one division in one org, it can only create confusion

Id restricted vs open is confusing? or even better KT vs MMA?

As i stated,i dont support 7 belts for one weight class, AND I DONT CURRENTLY HAVE THIS PROBLEM IN MY ORG, im speaking for orgs who lose restricted status, im sure all the 18yo fighters wont be thrilled to see a triple elite blackbelt taking their spot just because they were created WITH the inception of the org

Id restricted vs open is confusing? or even better KT vs MMA?

As i stated,i dont support 7 belts for one weight class, AND I DONT CURRENTLY HAVE THIS PROBLEM IN MY ORG, im speaking for orgs who lose restricted status, im sure all the 18yo fighters wont be thrilled to see a triple elite blackbelt taking their spot just because they were created WITH the inception of the org

I realise why you'd want to do this, cause this way you can keep your elite fighters and still keep doing ID restricted fights but I don't think it's a good idea, you're either ID restricted or you aren't, you can't have your cake and eat it too, that's just how I feel about it

If you want unrestricted fighters just have an unrestricted weightclass, then you can use that one to bring in more hyped fighters while you build up the rest of the divisions.

I think the solution here is Custom Trophies and not custom belts(multiple titles) but that has been discussed in a different thread I think.

Think of UFC and TUF. There is only one champ per div but they always put quite an emphasis on TUF winners and finalist. The same with the bellator tournaments, they don't get a belt for winning a tournament or TUF but that still stays on their records permanently.

• Upvote 2

A custom org trophy is fine, i saw a thread about a trophy room, i think people in this thread totally missed the point of what this is trying to accomplish

I DONT HAVE ANY OPEN ID FIGHTERS SO I DON'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM

if it was cake id eat it and buy a second one, if yall dont want an org to have KT and MMA champions in one org so be it, I PERSONALLY CAN FIND A WAY TO REWARD MY FIGHTERS (as someone above suggested) AND HAVE FROM THE SECOND I TOOK OVER MY ORG, (i see other orgs already duplicating my reward system) but to make it easier and more rewarding, it would be nice to separate it. If anything this would give more power to the top orgs in this game and 200% tougher for me.

But i digress, i know to only sign my KT fighters to KT ONLY orgs from now on

It came to my attention that as an org owner, if you would like to get a good hype boost for your restricted org, you may need unrestricted fighters.

In order to be fair and not have a 22 Year Old restricted fighter having his belt snatched by a 35YO legend in tycoon. I believe someone also mentioned separating a KT belt vs MMA belt per division. I would like it if we could create multiple belts, therefore having one for restricted fighters and one for unrestricted fighters, Likewise.... a good example is my Burning Bush tournament and the fact that i want to allow the top two fighters to continue on to each season, it would be cool to allow them to carry a belt as well.

Of course i know this could get risky because then orgs may become like the boxing world and have 12 belts per division with unifications and all of that nonsense, but i think that will be their own demise as this should effect their credibility detrimentally

what do you guys think?

I think your titles should be ID restricted. We do that in our rookie org. Basically we have fighters aged 16 to 29 fighting in the org, but only fighters under a certain ID compete for the title, so that means that the title does not end up in the hands of "legends" or older fighters.

Adding more belts per division will make this like WWE although i am fine with the K-1 belt idea (which was mine actually, lol)

I think the solution here is Custom Trophies and not custom belts(multiple titles) but that has been discussed in a different thread I think.

Think of UFC and TUF. There is only one champ per div but they always put quite an emphasis on TUF winners and finalist. The same with the bellator tournaments, they don't get a belt for winning a tournament or TUF but that still stays on their records permanently.

+1 that's indeed a really good alternative

Before doing this I would rather ''lock slider feature'' in any direction for events.

I would LOVE to be able to run a grappling org and set strikes to 0. OR any other combo I do so desire. Just have it so the locked sliders are shown on your fighters sliders so the org owner doesn't trick anyone.

THIS WOULD BE AWESOME!