Degenerate Managers

Is there any place to rank or to mark degenerate managers? I've had to deal with managers who have multiple NC's and never respond to any messages where I offer to pay for their fighter's flights, just to have them be overweight and half way across the country a couple days before their fight. If they can give my org a shitty rating for literally no reason, I should be able to mark them so other orgs don't have to deal with them in the future. Has something like this been started on here?

• Upvote 4

Not sure, you might just have to keep an eye on their activity levels. If they have a clock next to their name in "view all fighters by weight class" then don't even bother offering them a fight right now.

I am starting to avoid those managers, but this is a guy who signs on almost daily. I don't get it. This will be his third NC - which is something I wasn't keeping an eye out for. My mistake, I guess

yep,that's what notepad is for.

This. The notepad is your best friend, it can be taxing at times but make a list of your negative interactions with managers, hell even list your positive interactions if you have the time. If you start to see a pattern you know which managers to cut communication with and which managers you really want to work with and keep tabs on their projects.

• Upvote 1

This. The notepad is your best friend, it can be taxing at times but make a list of your negative interactions with managers, hell even list your positive interactions if you have the time. If you start to see a pattern you know which managers to cut communication with and which managers you really want to work with and keep tabs on their projects.

I've actually had mostly good managers come aboard, it's just one or two outliers. Regardless, I'm starting this now. Thanks

Maybe we should sticky a thread in the Fight Organisations forum for managers to look out for?

That's the kind of thread I was looking for. Although, it might just turn into a "he said, she said" type of thing

I think it's just one of those things with orgs, especially newer ones where you try and sign everyone you can in the early stages. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt once or maybe even twice but if they are not even responding to your pm's, logging in daily and still causing NC's I'd just cut them from the org.

In theory sometimes I quite like the idea of a black-list but worry about managers who have communication/language problems and are really new to the game and don't realise how much hassle they are causing to find themselves on a black-list and then unable to sign his fighters to an org anymore.

• Upvote 4

I think it's just one of those things with orgs, especially newer ones where you try and sign everyone you can in the early stages. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt once or maybe even twice but if they are not even responding to your pm's, logging in daily and still causing NC's I'd just cut them from the org.

In theory I quite like the idea of a black-list but worry about managers who have communication/language problems and are really new to the game and don't realise how much hassle they are causing to find themselves on a black-list and then unable to sign his fighters to an org anymore.

I agree with Skipper here. I don't believe in shunning on a black list, you may as well delete them from the game. If they're hassle, make a note yourself and cut him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's what I'm thinking too. Maybe we could have a scoring system, where if someone gets nominated 5 times or more they get black listed?

Absolutely not, with the way forums will hang anyone for evidence presented that makes someone look like a cheater whether the evidence substantiates this or not will just lead to hard feelings and targets leaving the game.

• Upvote 2

Keep in mind that this is a public game, and it's worldwide. The more you'll play this game, the more "degenerate" managers you will find. I could name a few of them off the top of my head (but I won't), since it's pretty much always the same manager over and over again.

You can make yourself a blacklist, a public blacklist will only drive people away from the game, since some managers are dicks on purpose, can't take away their fun, right?

Yeah, seems like this sort of thing should be kept private. Since I've got a good base of fighters and managers now, there's no need to be throwing contracts at everyone anymore.

i see the guy your talking about.Done a little research :) .I don't think he fits the bill as a "degenerate" more like a noob player who inst to much into the game at the moment .More then likely just joined and has no idea what he is doing .The simplest thing to 2 is send guy a new contract for 265 so weight aint a issue. And nc or not that big of deal .you just started and one or 2 inst going to kill your hype .It only a issue with the big orgs

ps here a fighter for you just dont fight him to often.Once every 28-35 days is enough for young fighters so they can get training

Lars "Slaughterhouse" Kristoffer (271407)

• Upvote 1

Back in the day I used the org chat as a sort of a black list / managers to avoid list for myself (I ran the org by myself).

That said I would love to have some kind of open manager rating system put in place. By open I mean that all ratings would be visible for everyone (who rated what) so you could judge for yourself if some fruitcakes like castor or Mr.J decided to rate you a zero for no reason.

• Upvote 2

Back in the day I used the org chat as a sort of a black list / managers to avoid list for myself (I ran the org by myself).

That said I would love to have some kind of open manager rating system put in place. By open I mean that all ratings would be visible for everyone (who rated what) so you could judge for yourself if some fruitcakes like castor or Mr.J decided to rate you a zero for no reason.

Do you mean for an org , or for managers?

As for orgs, I don't mind that it's anonymous. They are more likely to give a rating when it's like that in my opinion.

Concerning managers, I don't know if that's a good idea. I think people should make up their minds if someone is good or bad by talking /working/dealing with a person and not by the rating they get from other managers.

I have to agree with everyone else a black list is a bad idea. If you have someone who is a pain then just cut them and avoid the problem. It sucks you lost out on the signing bonus but better to cut your losses and take a couple NC's to go with it. I could see telling another org owner in PM if you are friends with them but as for black list the whole game no.