http://www.mmasportcenter.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Allistair.jpg

Almost all of those fights were not uber-reem. They were just reem... SECOND OFF, as I said ANYONE can get cracked. He was dominating the silva fight AND the browne fight before the ''lucky punch'' theory took its place.

NOW that UBER reem has smartened up. He is simply unstoppable and will hold that belt FOR A LONG TIME.

Will post back in this thread a few months from now when UBER-reem holds the belt.

Anyone who says otherwise is simply a hater. and to be frolicly dismissed.

• Downvote 2

Name ONE person in the UFC (at HW) today that could win a k1 title....... yea..... what I phucking thought.

ALONG, With competing in abu dhabi.... again, what I thought.

He is simply the most TALENTED HEAVY WEIGHT IN THE FUCKING WORLD. besides fedor who is a sambo super gangster.

Almost all of those fights were not uber-reem. They were just reem... SECOND OFF, as I said ANYONE can get cracked. He was dominating the silva fight AND the browne fight before the ''lucky punch'' theory took its place.

NOW that UBER reem has smartened up. He is simply unstoppable and will hold that belt FOR A LONG TIME.

Will post back in this thread a few months from now when UBER-reem holds the belt.

Anyone who says otherwise is simply a hater. and to be frolicly dismissed.

Whether he was dominating or not is irrelevant as both Bigfoot and Browne put "Uber-Reem" in lala land. I believe skill wise Overeem is one of the best heavyweights out there but he doesnt have a good chin and he reacts poorly when he gets rocked. I honestly think JDS is as terrible a matchup as you can get for Overeem, even with Cain he could rock him early but JDS has proven to be insanely tough to finish and he hits like a truck.

Whether he was dominating or not is irrelevant as both Bigfoot and Browne put "Uber-Reem" in lala land. I believe skill wise Overeem is one of the best heavyweights out there but he doesnt have a good chin and he reacts poorly when he gets rocked. I honestly think JDS is as terrible a matchup as you can get for Overeem, even with Cain he could rock him early but JDS has proven to be insanely tough to finish and he hits like a truck.

If you were to take chin out of the equation. In terms of skill, who would you go with... overeem, as I thought.

Me personally, If I'm basing fights on knockout power. I'd feel like a pussy.

The more skillfull fighter WILL and SHOULD win 90% of the time.

The more skillful fighter will not win if the skill difference is not massive and the more skillful fighter is afraid to be hit, has no KO power, has no cardio, has a glass chin, etc.

The more skillful fighter will not win if the skill difference is not massive and the more skillful fighter is afraid to be hit, has no KO power, has no cardio, has a glass chin, etc.

And when he does? Then what will you say Kbag?

Guest VladTheImpaler

Name ONE person in the UFC (at HW) today that could win a k1 title....... yea..... what I phucking thought.

Mark Hunt

Actually last GP was won by Cro Cop so I think you can add few more there.

Guest VladTheImpaler

K1 World Champion Brendan Schaub.

overeem%252520shogun.gif

Don't forget that Overeem dominated whole fight and got hit with lucky punch.

http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af117/wonkalumpsMMA/Shogun-Overeem.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Exactly

Overeem was dominating Travis Browne too but then he lost. Also just fought Mir could've put him away quite easily at the end imo but instead just stands in front of him coasting to the cards.

the only reason overeem lost to Bigfoot Silva and Travis brown is because he was being very stupid and let them beat him... how many front kicks in a row did Travis Browne have to throw before finally knocking him out with it 30 that's pretty retarded. and how long did he let Silva stay in the fight we could have finished him way sooner. another very poor choice which I think was driven by his big head and excessive ego thinking he had cardio when he did not.

but I'll say it again in his last fight I've seen a different Overeem than I've ever seen I think he's straightening out his punches I think he will bring some more kO power now that he's thinned out a little. the only thing I don't trust about him is his chin and his brain.

JDS is a different kind of striker. "Lucky punches" are one thing, but Junior doesn't need luck. If you aren't on top of your striking defense game, JDS can put you to sleep with a single shot. Overeem is a guy that has shown a little bit of a tendency to enjoy a nap every now and then. That is not a good matchup for Reem. Fights aren't about overall skill as much as they are matchup and preparation. If overall skill level was the main driver, BJ Penn would still be undefeated. We all know that isn't the case.

BTW, I cracked up at the question "If we took chin out of the equation...." That's like saying if we don't let Rousey use Judo or armbars would she still be undefeated. If you remove part of the equation, you aren't asking a real question. Reem's chin is a little questionable at this point, and that makes expert punchers like JDS a bad matchup for him.

So many lucky punches resulting in losses.

At what point does lucky equate to poor chin/heart and/or strike defense?

At what point does losing to others make them better than you and not luckier?

• Upvote 2

To all the people attributing Overeem's losses to "lucky" punches, it's pretty obvious that Overeem doesn't defend strikes well with the smaller gloves; in K-1 his defence was entirely around that double forearm guard, which doesn't work anywhere near as well with the little gloves. Sergei Kharitonov hit him with tons of strikes around the double forearm guard and if you think that was luck that's because you were used as the family basketball as a baby.

I like Overeem and want to see him do well but I think he has been chucked in the deep-end with JDS. I really don't see a way he will win, would be keen to see a rematch with bigfoot silva on the other hand.