Starting an Org.

Hey guys. I've been playing MMAT for a long time now and I've always wanted to run an Org. - I've never been a supporter/had the extra money for it but, my High School athletic career is going to be 100% over in about 3-4 weeks (It's my senior year) and then I will have plenty of free time to work and make money - and to train more than 4 fighters/ run an org.

What I want to ask you vets, is how much money I should have saved up before I start the orginization - I think I asked this once a long time ago and the response was "At least 100k" - I have over 250k saved up right now so I feel good. But I would love extra advice. Also, what city should I go for? And is another org. a good move for MMAtycoon? I love this game and I want to help it grow/become more active. I think another 6 fighters and an org. would help.

What do you guys think?

We are looking for full time help with our org in Hilo - http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=2905

• Upvote 1

I run Victory Combat League and I started with a few hundred K...it's very fun to establish an org and watch it grow..I'm always here to help if u need don't listen to guy saying your org will be dead..if u stay active and on top of it people will come to u that's what happens with me..I started it with no experience whatsoever with orgs and I'd say we r doing pretty well with the help of a few solid veterans

I run Victory Combat League and I started with a few hundred K...it's very fun to establish an org and watch it grow..I'm always here to help if u need don't listen to guy saying your org will be dead..if u stay active and on top of it people will come to u that's what happens with me..I started it with no experience whatsoever with orgs and I'd say we r doing pretty well with the help of a few solid veterans

LoL yeah dont listen to me! What do I know? ;)

Its fun in the beginning, and when that feeling drops its a burden, and your guys will move to the bigger orgs, slowly killing the org before u decide to shut it down releasing remaining 45 guys. It happened 50 times before. Just sayin

• Upvote 1

LoL yeah dont listen to me! What do I know? ;)

Its fun in the beginning, and when that feeling drops its a burden, and your guys will move to the bigger orgs, slowly killing the org before u decide to shut it down releasing remaining 45 guys. It happened 50 times before. Just sayin

There are ways to connect with the guys though. I tend to reply to guys accepting fights and stuff just saying a bit about my plans with their fighters. I'm sure some of the guys in HG could get farmed for hype in top orgs and their managers would get a million+ for it but if you make the managers actually give a fuck about the fighters then they'll be more likely to stay with you. Easier for me based on the gimmick of course and guys in top orgs are gonna want to fight the best which might be elsewhere, but at the same time you're gonna be connected to that manager and have a door opened for them to return to the org or for their next projects to join it or whatever else so it all comes together in the end.

My first org I ran like 3 events, got board and left the site for like 8 months so there's the other side of it where you need to be committed. I asked questions constantly as well so I had plenty of help starting out.

• Upvote 1

Another thing to remember is not to try to fill to many weight classes right off the bat. Starting out a weight class with a tournament is usually a good way to get started.

Great point. HG was fine because we started with Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight, but HC struggled with several weight classes. Definitely a learning experience.

• 2 years later...

well the competition with signing bonuses are stiff nowadays...and even 3000 for a signing bonus is often turned down....but if u use that as a BASE figure...and also figure to start out strong u want at least 6 of the 8 weight classes....(yes u CAN start with less) but with the 6 or more weight classes u want over 100 fighters total to provide more flexability with fair fight matchups....the math tells u that 300k will probably not quite float ur boat....in fact the last 2 orgs I got running spent 300k fast and needed 200k more....which was plenty. So MY answer is....if u want a strong start u best have 400 or 500k.

U said u have 250k. ok great....just be a bit selective on the weight classes u start with....maybe go with 4 or 5 only....

A thought on signing bonuses.....something not MY original idea...cant recall WHO was talking about it but it seems a great idea and i think it could work....specially if all the noob orgs did it....the killer of noob orgs (besides shitty management) is the losses from inactive and sacked fighters. The currently over-inflated signing bonuses are bankrupting noob orgs left and right and is probably the PRIMARY reason over 90% fail.

The idea.....tiny signing bonus....maybe 1000 but load up the win bonus and make the Base medium....So a noob contract would be looking like 1000/3000/6000. Figure the money is with the winners and losers get sacked and with so many managers in the game who dont have the HONOR to understand the concept of a broken contract and RETURN the signing bonus (or a portion of it).....does it make sense to pay the losers big money? Let the ones who EARN the big money be the ones who GET the big money....and at the same time maybe some of these new orgs will last more than 6 months....

• Downvote 4

well the competition with signing bonuses are stiff nowadays...and even 3000 for a signing bonus is often turned down....but if u use that as a BASE figure...and also figure to start out strong u want at least 6 of the 8 weight classes....(yes u CAN start with less) but with the 6 or more weight classes u want over 100 fighters total to provide more flexability with fair fight matchups....the math tells u that 300k will probably not quite float ur boat....in fact the last 2 orgs I got running spent 300k fast and needed 200k more....which was plenty. So MY answer is....if u want a strong start u best have 400 or 500k.

U said u have 250k. ok great....just be a bit selective on the weight classes u start with....maybe go with 4 or 5 only....

A thought on signing bonuses.....something not MY original idea...cant recall WHO was talking about it but it seems a great idea and i think it could work....specially if all the noob orgs did it....the killer of noob orgs (besides shitty management) is the losses from inactive and sacked fighters. The currently over-inflated signing bonuses are bankrupting noob orgs left and right and is probably the PRIMARY reason over 90% fail.

The idea.....tiny signing bonus....maybe 1000 but load up the win bonus and make the Base medium....So a noob contract would be looking like 1000/3000/6000. Figure the money is with the winners and losers get sacked and with so many managers in the game who dont have the HONOR to understand the concept of a broken contract and RETURN the signing bonus (or a portion of it).....does it make sense to pay the losers big money? Let the ones who EARN the big money be the ones who GET the big money....and at the same time maybe some of these new orgs will last more than 6 months....

This thread is from 2015 you daft prick
  • Upvote 8