Buying VIP

Mannetosen

I like the game and for sure, many games do charge. I'm just comparing it to three years ago. I could buy VIP (i maybe got the noob fund), I started an org which was very profitable and then I was able to keep everyone in my alliance in VIP too.

But without the money for huge contracts, you're talking a few years to build up a promotion. At minimum that's like $80 without the old option of earning it organically as 1mil is MUCH different from 250k.

I used to pay like 100k per write up and that was considered megabucks. Not you'd need to run about 10 PPV events to buy 3 months VIP.

I really like the concept of the game but I'm not that interested in making a financial investment to it. Just want to keep it casual and do what I used to enjoy, only it's impossible for me to do that casually now

• Upvote 1

I like the game and for sure, many games do charge. I'm just comparing it to three years ago. I could buy VIP (i maybe got the noob fund), I started an org which was very profitable and then I was able to keep everyone in my alliance in VIP too.

But without the money for huge contracts, you're talking a few years to build up a promotion. At minimum that's like $80 without the old option of earning it organically as 1mil is MUCH different from 250k.

I used to pay like 100k per write up and that was considered megabucks. Not you'd need to run about 10 PPV events to buy 3 months VIP.

I really like the concept of the game but I'm not that interested in making a financial investment to it. Just want to keep it casual and do what I used to enjoy, only it's impossible for me to do that casually now

Orgs were not like this 6 or 7 months ago. Contracts were inflated recently by a p2w cashing move.

If you REALLY feel like opening an org at 370k hit me up, I might help you up

And Camara, saying "It's only $30" is cool when you're on here as much as you are. But for someone who wants to play casually, maybe jump on every few days or so (and in my case pays about £100 on MMA per month already), I'm not overly interested in having a yearly subscription to MMATycoon. If I paid for a few months, I liked the old idea of "Work hard and smart and you can cover the next 3 months too". I did all the write ups. I did the avatar auctions. It takes a tonne of time and borders on actually working for the money, as opposed to just getting to play the game the way I used to.

Orgs were not like this 6 or 7 months ago. Contracts were inflated recently by a p2w cashing move.

If you REALLY feel like opening an org at 370k hit me up, I might help you up[/quote

I was probably waiting until The Island and Ive got 2.8mil from way back still in there. But after 3 months I'll have made 50k off the org and thats another 1mil gone for VIP. The motivation of putting in the work to keep the VIP ticking over isn't incentized anymore. Nothing has changed about how I want to play the game in the last 4 years. The game has changed.

And Camara, saying "It's only $30" is cool when you're on here as much as you are. But for someone who wants to play casually, maybe jump on every few days or so (and in my case pays about £100 on MMA per month already), I'm not overly interested in having a yearly subscription to MMATycoon. If I paid for a few months, I liked the old idea of "Work hard and smart and you can cover the next 3 months too". I did all the write ups. I did the avatar auctions. It takes a tonne of time and borders on actually working for the money, as opposed to just getting to play the game the way I used to.

Somebody was telling me a similar argument when it came to paying or not for Netflix.

MMA gyms are closed (or closing again in 3,2,1...) here and from my understanding also in Europe (unless illegal contact happens underground) except for Sweden.

£100 for Zoom classes seems like a ripoff to be quite honest. You might get a better ROI investing in Tycoon.

I wasn`t kidding about the begging option. It`s not actually begging, more like asking really nice.

I swear people are just dying to throw their money at returning players. It`s part of the circle of life of this game, players with really good fighters and too much money give back in order to make the circle of life go round and round.

I was talking about watching MMA, but you considering MMA Tycoon to be a better investment than training in a sport is hilarious.

I have plenty of money on here. I don't need to beg. It's just clearly impossible to use an org to return the investment any time soon, especially if I'm not just running a generic big org, so it's pay to play or nothing. Slider fu is the most boring thing ever to me so this game was always about org running.

And Netflix is a good example. Sure, its not that expensive. But it's completely reasonable if you don't want to subscribe to it. A years subscription on here is the same price as a lifetime of WMMA 5. What would make me pick this?

I was talking about watching MMA, but you considering MMA Tycoon to be a better investment than training in a sport is hilarious.

I have plenty of money on here. I don't need to beg. It's just clearly impossible to use an org to return the investment any time soon, especially if I'm not just running a generic big org, so it's pay to play or nothing. Slider fu is the most boring thing ever to me so this game was always about org running.

And Netflix is a good example. Sure, its not that expensive. But it's completely reasonable if you don't want to subscribe to it. A years subscription on here is the same price as a lifetime of WMMA 5. What would make me pick this?

I was just kidding about the investment part lol, a ton of people here knows what I do lol, let`s just say I stay plenty active when not injured or during a global pandemic lolol

Oh man, if you need MMA streams just jump on Discord from time to time, I can find you plenty for free. That`s a lot of money to pay Dana for more snow in his Vegas driveway lol

Having a restricted or mid level org these days is like holding a public gym. It`s a -EV mission of love for the most part lol. But well ran orgs are needed as they help managers get fair fights and stay in the game.

This whole argument is truly mute though, Gladius on the island will bring it`s Island roster to the mainland as well as the other org that was active in the season that just ended. Pretty sure the plan is to also attract next season`s best fighters to join Gladius after their season ends.

But maybe you could get in on that as a feeder org or even better just get absorbed asa you hit mainland? I believe there is a play here.

Anyways, whatever you decide I wish you fun times.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm good for UFC, but it's not the easiest to find streams for PPV only Polish MMA promotions haha. How does Gladius make anything "mute" though? That doesn't change what I'm saying.

Let's say I have $0 like every newcomer. What do I possibly do to earn enough to pay for VIP with in-game cash? I can't pick up fighters, I can't start a promotion and sign big guys. Even if I start small, I'm probably not profiting until about 2 years into the promotion with a hard cap on the skill level I can attract. You're basically saying "Hey new guy, you can make a few fighters if you want but to do any of the fun stuff you're gonna have to do a $10 subscription every 3 months".

That's not how the site used to be. I started a promotion called Lions Share MMA in Jan 2014 and even though it only lasted for 4 events or something, doing write ups and promo videos for the the cards was what sort of hooked me in. If there wasn't a framework for me to tryout that side ofthe site, I would never have stuck around.

Also Camera, I'm not the rest of these guys. I know exactly what you're doing with "Maybe you could become a feeder org for them". I'm not jumping on those hooks mate. No nibbles here.

• Upvote 1

It SHOULD be a little bit difficult. You want people to do a bit of graft. I earned my money through writing, avatars and probably the noob fund. Someone can offer to hold a gym or matchmake if there's a demand on it. Otherwise, they can get VIP if they choose to.

However, the only thing to buy with the money essentially is VIP. Nothing else really matters. So if it's impossible to organically generate the VIP money within several years within the game as a new member, what's the point in money at all?

Also btw, this is absolutely nothing against Mike or the game. Massive inflation has made it anti-competitive. An org now can't generate the income to pay for the going rate of VIP, but realistically the going rate of VIP is dictated entirely by the community. Because that's went up so much now, the amount of events to generate that sort of income is restricted to the existing top level events.

It SHOULD be a little bit difficult. You want people to do a bit of graft. I earned my money through writing, avatars and probably the noob fund. Someone can offer to hold a gym or matchmake if there's a demand on it. Otherwise, they can get VIP if they choose to.

However, the only thing to buy with the money essentially is VIP. Nothing else really matters. So if it's impossible to organically generate the VIP money within several years within the game as a new member, what's the point in money at all?

It should be difficult to make money, agreed. However, unless you’re a writer or a graphic designer, your options to make money are limited.

Don’t quote me on this, but I’m fairly certain that running a public gym isn’t making anyone a sizeable amount of cash.

It would make sense to have a few more “money pits”, to force players to spend cash in more ways. Clothing is rather cheap, as are supps. I don’t fully understand the need to own a private jet, from my research it appears to be more of a status symbol.

Private jets are used to transport your fighters as well as launder money from companies. Skins and stuff are defo status though.

Yeah I don't think public gyms or clothing orgs earn too much. Anyone can write though. I actually write MMA irl and I rarely see a really GOOD write up on here, or at least back when I played a lot, but you did see tonnes of content that was interesting if you had a dog in the race which was always brilliant to see.

Private jets are used to transport your fighters as well as launder money from companies. Skins and stuff are defo status though.

Yeah I don't think public gyms or clothing orgs earn too much. Anyone can write though. I actually write MMA irl and I rarely see a really GOOD write up on here, or at least back when I played a lot, but you did see tonnes of content that was interesting if you had a dog in the race which was always brilliant to see.

It would be awesome if you could dedicate a set amount of time to promoting your fighters, as a way to make money.

For example: Send some of your best fighters to participate in mock interviews for TV stations, radio channels, etc,, earning them (and the manager) a sum of money. Depending on their pop/hype, it would increase.

• Upvote 1

We have great write ups in 2020, 2019 also.

I cannot compare to back in the days and I’m sure just due to novelty we had more volume back in the days but to say that 2020 write ups are not good enough is false and borderline disrespectful to our dedicated writers.

Not sure what the big deal really is. Not to be rude but nobody here will convince you to stay, if you don’t like the status of the game or are unwilling to put in the effort then you have your answer,

Also this is just the monetary aspect, managers are much more knowledgeable these days and have project building down to a science. I have seen a lot of former top managers just do ok and they all sound exactly like you on their way out.

Nobody is trying to pull anything on you. If you don’t want to write, design or beg then 100% money won’t just materialize in your account. I think the Tycoon simulation is working no?

It would be awesome if you could dedicate a set amount of time to promoting your fighters, as a way to make money.

For example: Send some of your best fighters to participate in mock interviews for TV stations, radio channels, etc,, earning them (and the manager) a sum of money. Depending on their pop/hype, it would increase.

That'd be pretty cool. Like you can't train for a while because you're busy on the media circuit. But tbh I've been on a few sites like this over the years and quickly you need to get "new coding developments" out of your head.

. I actually write MMA irl and I rarely see a really GOOD write up on here, or at least back when I played a lot, but you did see tonnes of content that was interesting if you had a dog in the race which was always brilliant to see.

tbh most RL MMA writing I see sucks donkey balls as well. I've never read any of your writing I believe, but generally speaking it's usually trash tier.

tbh most RL MMA writing I see sucks donkey balls as well. I've never read any of your writing I believe, but generally speaking it's usually trash tier.

I'm not that good at writing tbh, I just write about stuff others don't. My current series is evaluations of European fighters from the previous week. Most "writing" is just media in MMA, although The Athletic was incredible for a while before COVID took it's toll.

I didn`t want to comment on that because I don`t want to trigger his passive-aggressiveness even further but yeah MMA writing in the bottom of the barrel of writing.

I know a lot of the MMA junkie writers and other media outlets and it also pays peanuts. MMA writing is closer to a pro-bono hobby than an actual job.

Would love to see him write for some orgs though, see how he stacks up vs great writers like Esiah and many others.

My writing on here wasn't anything special, but my old "I only have powerpoint" videos were killer. Also very few fucking with me in the posters dept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a561JviDgOA&t=280s

I fucking handdrew those pictures on something like Paint, got all the voices from an online voice provider thing, and put it all together using PowerPoint of all things.....for an 8-5 Island fighter lmao.

My writing on here wasn't anything special, but my old "I only have powerpoint" videos were killer. Also very few fucking with me in the posters dept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a561JviDgOA&t=280s

I fucking handdrew those pictures on something like Paint, got all the voices from an online voice provider thing, and put it all together using PowerPoint of all things.....for an 8-5 Island fighter lmao.

This is top notch

Jordan here did a podcast once for I think 4-6 episodes. It was really well done but these things are soooo time consuming, seriousy kudos to the managers that put this kind of effort into the gaming experience.

I'll weigh in, as a new player.

It would be very difficult for me to make money, short of selling VIP time.

I don't have any professional skills in writing bio's, interviews, or any of that stuff, so that avenue is a no go.

I don't have any skills creating banners or avatars, so that avenue is a no go.

The money you make from base level contracts is barely enough to afford a semi-decent gym, supps and clothing.

I imagine that my experience in playing this game, without VIP, would be significantly hindered.

When I first started on here I didn't have any sentence structure, my spelling was fucking terrible and I literally couldn't write to save myself - but I tried and eventually you get better. I used this platform and writing to help me improve before I went to University - I went from not being able to write a lick to writing a dissertation that got a merit and was the second best in my class. A lot of it was just doing it consistently and getting feedback from people on here about it. You don't have to be a professional, shit half the people on here have English as their second language. Tosen up there writes better in English than 99.9% of this forum does.

• Upvote 3

When I first started on here I didn't have any sentence structure, my spelling was fucking terrible and I literally couldn't write to save myself - but I tried and eventually you get better. I used this platform and writing to help me improve before I went to University - I went from not being able to write a lick to writing a dissertation that got a merit and was the second best in my class. A lot of it was just doing it consistently and getting feedback from people on here about it. You don't have to be a professional, shit half the people on here have English as their second language. Tosen up there writes better in English than 99.9% of this forum does.

You`ll laugh but I have actually used a lot of the knowledge I gathered in this game in the real world.

I am what you consider a "hot head" but when you run an organization you have to bend over backwards for your clients, your clients are always right no matter what. Add to that the financials, the ratings, the repeat customers, the pussies, etc lol

Asa COVID hit my best friend and I started an online business back in March while maintaining our 9-5 jobs. It did really well and the similarities in dealing with our own clients and let`s say some picky Tycoon managers were uncanny. We were also stuck with no travelling so I knew I had to find myself something to do at home or go nuts as I usually travel heavily from September to March for competition.

We deal a lot in cash and cash attracts some unsavoury kinds too so even that is crazy similar to MMAT as some of the people in here that will screw you at the first turn lol.

Crazy too because I was lined up for a promotion at work but that is a 15k hike, I`m raking in 6x that in our first 2 quarters so very happy with my decision to decline getting in that corporate hamster wheel :) Maybe in my 30`s and 40`s I will but for now I`m just not interested.

We are moving onto a different business in 2021 (85% sure it wil lbe real state as borrowing money is almost free nowadays) and will sell this one for a nice profit. All in all, 2020 has been incredible and MMAT showed me a lot of patience and really taking the high road on everything.