• Duphus
    • Grant Brophy
    • Marky O'Sullivan
    • John Hetfield
    • Bjorn O'Donnel
    • Aaron ThaiGuy
    • Mentor Corleone
    • Callum McGregor

IMO Marky takes this one. He contributes more than just money to the game, ran the podcast all year did the facebook half the year + all the other stuff he goes unthanked for. He also isn't (to my knowledge) mass mailing people to vote for him like a certain someone is doing

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Didn't know I was nominated for this (or that SteelPenn voted for me despite minimal contract haha).

I voted for Grant. I can only vote from a personal stand point. I've got loads of help with Highland Games from Grant for a while despite the fact that if anyone had a reason to say something negative about us it'd have been him. If I'm right, I used to get Grant's help back when I first made HG in chat and now that we got to another level up he's helped me out with a couple of things.

I've have voted for Dinooo if he was up since pretty much everything I know about PPVs and everything was learned from him (plus he waived off any pay for helping me keep HG afloat when I thought my internet was going to be gone for a while). I know SP does loads of stuff with VIP and everything but I can only really vote for the people I know about personally you know?

Mentor was also really helpful when I had a problem with a fighter being stuck in a GAMMA org and the manager trying to hold him hostage. I threw Mentor a PM and he sorted it out pretty quickly.

Wish I could vote for someone else because poor Sephiroth's career got fucked over by Grant :D

I've voted John because he's always been available to record and join myself and Grant on the podcast. Once it's recorded, he sits down and listens through the entire thing editing out any swear words (often many) and reducing any long unnecessary pauses (e.g. if one of us needs to go for a piss). After he edits it, he creates a graphic to use for the YouTube version of the podcast and uploads it to YouTube and finally sends the audio to Mike so he can upload it to the RSS feed which is hosted on iTunes and other podcast websites.

It was really a toss up between John and Grant because I can't do the podcast without either but if either myself or Grant wasn't available to do the podcast, then I'd like to think the podcast could continue to run but if John wasn't available I don't think both myself and Grant could do it without him. I had done the editing of at least one of the shows before and it takes a long time (depending on how long the episode is) so John deserves credit going through all that effort. That being said if we got another person to help out with the audio editing, then we'd still be able to do the podcast with or without John :P For now though, he's the guy who puts in the effort editing the audio and getting everything ready.

In addition to helping out with the podcast, both do a great job with their own orgs in game.

Duphus does a great job helping out the new players and we're lucky to have managers like him who are prepared to share his knowledge with the new players but he's not the only manager who does this and so that's why I haven't voted for him.

We're lucky to have guys like Steel Penn who buy VIP to help keep the game running but again he's not the only guy to do this, there's guys out there who sell VIP for Tycoon money who also keep the game running.

Bjorn has recently started helping out with the Facebook page but he hasn't been doing this for a long period of time, I feel he deserves a mention because he's helping out the game by keeping the Facebook page up to date but if he continues to do it and do it well, he'll deserve more credit for it in the 2016 awards. I've found it's easy to get burnt out posting updates about the game because it can be hard to track at times.

Aaron was helping Mike out with converting pages to mobile size so he deserved a nomination for that but I feel there's other guys who deserve this more.

Callum has made a couple of top notch videos for MMA Tycoon along with doing a great job with Highland Games and I feel if he could make these videos on a consistent basis (once a month for the biggest event in the month or something), he'd be a very strong contender for this award.

Mentor, well I'm not sure why he's nominated, I'm guessing it's because he helps out his LOD alliance members? If that's the reason, I've heard some apparent advice they give their members and I wouldn't exactly call it good advice.