A sneak peek inside... Unicorn Powered Fighting (writing series)

UniConor

Just a little intro to the intro.. I fancied writing something, so I've been planning this for about a month now so I don't run out of content quickly. This first one is a bit boring and I apologize, I want to make it as entertaining and fun to read as possible and next week we should get into that, in my head in this game all my fighters have a unique personality and I love imagining how they interact with each other and this is just a fun way for me to really visualize it while (hopefully) entertaining you too. There is no rhythm or schedule to when I'll be updating new episodes or the size of each one, whenever I have the urge too I guess. I'm a guy that really feeds off feedback so please let me know what you think and tell me who you like the most I guess, I did it in the version of a documentary/reality TV show and even made myself and the host a character. So this should be fun. Thanks for reading.

Unicorn Powered Fighting TV show. An introduction to all the fighters.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/1435339984Gradys%20logo%20for%20my%20gym.png

Logo made by Gwad

Hello and welcome to inside MMA gyms! For this series, eccentric MMA manager and MMA gym owner King Con, otherwise known as just Conor has opened the doors to let us film in his gym under the one agreement we don’t televise, show or talk about any of the coaching drills we see. Although everything else, sparring, circuit training and strength and conditioning is available footage for our cameras. We’ll be taking an inside look at his gym Unicorn Powered Fighting in Helsinki, Finland. Speaking to him and his fighters, about life as fighters, upcoming fights and about the gym. I am your host Owen Bryant and this is inside MMA gyms, a new series focusing on the fastest growing in the world MMA and how fighters live and learn before stepping forward into the cage.

The shot opens up on Owen shaking hands with presumably Conor, a young man around 5’8 small in stature, brown curly hair with blue eyes, seemingly very confident.

Thanks for letting us in Conor - Can you tell us anything about what we will see once we’re inside?

Well you’ve come at a good time, the guys are just preparing for the morning session, they’re a big bunch of characters so beware about that - Osvaldo Martinez and Drew Peacock don’t speak any English so don’t try to interview them. The rest know what you’re coming to do and are absolutely fine with it, I think I saw Wijnbergen put some makeup on in preparation. Just don’t ask any questions or piss them off, don’t get in the way because at the end of the day this is a gym and not a studio and training comes first.

Sure thing Conor, we’ll try and stay out of the way. You’ve touched on Oswaldo - Did I get that right?

Yes. Well nearly, it’s OsValdo but not to worry.

Alright, well the point I was getting at was you’ve told us a little about Osvaldo and Drew, can you tell us about all your fighters in your gym?

Hmph, well alright. We have 12 guys training full time here, and 3 sparring coaches. I don’t know where to start - I suppose with the guys I don’t manage. We have Malik Al-Khadi a very good prospect from top, top manager Dean Sutherland in. I struck a deal with Dean and I have an open door policy for his fighters. Malik and Dean didn’t sign any papers so you won’t be able to get any more information from me or footage on him. Another guy who I don’t manage but trains here is Quincey Ferguson, he’s been here for a while now and is a good striker. Much like Malik you won’t be able to get any more info or details on him.

That’s fine we already know about that, what can you tell us about the fighters you manage?

Well starting with Cruz White - He’s a crazy gangster who can take a lot of punishment, he is the SPI light heavyweight champion and he’s representing our alliance Vendetta against the Bomb Squad in an upcoming fight card in Dissolution. He really is a wild card, but he’s a great fighter with a lot of potential.

After Cruz White, we have Timothy McGee. A state champion wrestler from America who is quiet, not one for social interactions but is no doubt a future champion. All of the coaches give me feedback on this guy and how good he is, how fast he picks things up and in the cage he’s a real killer.

How about Afeef Isa Baba? He’s starting to make his mark in Victory Combat League

Yeah, you’re well informed. He’s the Saudi Arabian lightweight kickboxing champion. He wanted to make a transition to MMA, I got a phone call one day from this kid who could barely speak English. I gave him a trial and we never looked back. He has some real power. He struggles with the language, not through a lack of effort so he’s not very sociable right now. All I know is he comes from a very wealthy family.

Scott Hall was introduced to the gym about the same time as Afeef, and couldn’t be more different. This guy is a good looking goody two shoes, we call him the Hall monitor, as a play on his surname. He’s a total perfectionist and hates doing things wrong or against the rules. The coaches love him for it.

Speaking of rules, as I said earlier. Osvaldo Martinez doesn’t speak any English, I don’t think he’s ever bothered to learn. He’s rather obnoxious, I guess I can say this because he won’t watch this or understand this. Rules don’t apply to him, he comes into training late, he goes too hard in sparring and is quite frankly on his last warning here at the gym. Scott and Osvaldo had a push fight recently when he took Drew Peacock down during stand up sparring. Scott is our super hero, standing up for those in need. Since Peacock can’t stand up for himself. We found Peacock outside the gym one day, he can’t say anything other than peacock and we don’t know his name, his age or where he’s from. He doesn’t smile or frown, just “peacock peacock” maybe he was raised by peacocks or something. So we gave him the name Drew Peacock, sounds about right huh? Scott takes good care of him though, they live in the same apartment together.

Then it’s to our three newest members, Albert Ricci, Joels Wijnbergen and Darryl Gibbons. Albert is still on trial with us, we rip him about his heritage, he has an Italian father but was born and raised in America with an American mother, he can’t speak a word of Italian but is adamant of using it as bragging rights, but the kicker is, he’s patriotic as hell about America too. So we call him “The All American Italian” until he can make his mind up about which he prefers.

Joels is a funny one, you probably know him. He has his own TV show out about kickboxing and self defence, I’m sure he’ll let you all know when you interview him, it’s a story he always recites about how he got bullied because he was fat and then he got into kickboxing and wants to teach everybody else how to.. *sigh* we hear it everyday.

Darryl is training here under my management while he competes in the BloodSport kickboxing tournament. He’s a fun guy, makes everybody laugh. Fucking prankster though. How many times am I going to walk into a clingfilmed doorway? I think he even made Peacock boy laugh when he did some wrestling sparring in a power rangers morph suit. Will be nice to see him kick his opponent to shit soon, he’s a talented kid.

Is it true you own an apartment block 10 minutes away from the gym? That’s true dedication there.

Yeah. Getting people to come all the way to Finland is hard enough, telling them they have to find their own accommodation is unsettling, so I bought an apartment block that the fighters I manage and myself live at. They all have their own kitchen, bedroom, lounge and toilet but we have a common room too. Some of these guys are really close like Cruz and Timothy, but in truth my whole roster is new and they’re all getting used to each other.

And it’s still okay if we come to film in the common room of the apartments at some point?

Absolutely yeah, just don’t go into their apartments, that’s their time away from fighting and there isn’t all that much of it, so be respectful.

Alright, with all that said. Shall we go on in and get filming with the fighters?

Be my guest, I’ll open the doors for you.

To be continued….. (didn’t realise how much I’d write)

I hope you guys appreciate the effort I went to to hyperlink all the stuff so you can take a look at the guys, I will be adding an up to date and relevant bio for all of them later on today. The beauty of this is, I can focus on whatever I like, whoever I like when I like. So if you guys really want a "Solving the mystery of Drew Peacock" or something I can do that easy peasy. I know what the next episode is going to be, it's going to feature all the guys and I'll leave a little tease on the reserved post.

As I said before, please give me feedback, let me know how to improve, if you're enjoying it (well all of what there is.. which isn't much) let me know and let me know what you are enjoying so I know whats popular! I'd also like to do cameo appearances of other managers, just let me know if you want to be involved.

• Upvote 5

Episode 2 - The spider...

The doors at Unicorn Powered fighting open to a rather large spacious room with a rainbow coloured carpet and walls with pictures of fighters currently at the gym in action shots of their fights. There is a large reception desk with a small emo looking boy with a name badge that reads Joonas.

Hey Joonas, the TV people we talked about are here. When you see Owen or his crew, let them straight in please.

"sure Conor" says Joonas with a finnish accent.

Conor leans over to whisper to Own and the cameras

We like to help the community here in Finland so we recruit the local guys. We have Joonas here on reception. We have a couple cleaners called Marky, Dee and Ville too. They're good kids.

The crew follow Conor through the room and stop at a pair of double doors

Through this door, we go into a another hallway where you can find the changing room and showers and if you carry on going straight, you'll find the actual gym. If you want us to turn the music down just say alright?

"Alright Conor, we're planning to section out a part of the changing room to conduct all the interviews"

Absolutely fine Owen. Just to let you know, spirit in the camp is really good. Cruz just recently won a fight via brutal headkick, Albert Ricci picked up a win in his debut and looked really good, he's jetting off to Montreal to train with a friend of mine called Scooby. And finally Darryl Gibbons won in the first round of his tournament. The boys might be pretty excitable alright?

"Best mood to be in to conduct interviews"

Great answers Conor as he opens the doors and walks through into the changing rooms and out of sight.

Suddenly crashing through the reception doors with a big gym bag comes Joels Wijnbergen.

"Hey Joonas!"

"You haven't paid your fees yet Joels"

"Must be a mistake buddy, I pay them online!"

"We take cash only, you know Conors rules"

"look buddy, you're just a receptionist. Have some respect" Answers Joels in a cross Dutch voice

Joonas flicks his pitch black emo hair and goes back to day dreaming about innebandy

Joels approaches the crew and camera

"Hey guys! You want to do an interview yet?"

"No sorry we haven't set up the area yet"

"oh right, funny story to why I was late!"

pause....

"On the walk to work I met a girl I met a couple weeks ago in a shop" Joels smirks to the camera "she is a nutritionist and she offered to help me with my diet, but it turns out I helped her with a number of her clients and now she keeps asking for my advice!"

"thats great Joels..." answers Bryant

Joels looks to the floor and then looks up, crashes through the double doors and into the changing room. The crew follow him. As Joels holds open the changing room door for them to walk into, the camera sees every fighter on the exception of Albert Ricci who has flown to Montreal and won't be in the series any longer and Timothy McGee who is doing 1-1 training with a coach.

The crew set up a little section with lights and cameras for conducting interviews.

Alright guys, who wants to be interviewed first? Joels stands up I reckon Cruz or Darryl should since they fought last? You wanna do an interview Cruzey boy? Conor asks sarcastically to Cruz

"Fuck it, I'll do it then" says Cruz with an attitude as he stands up and swaggers to the interview booth.

So Cruz you won your last fight with a brutal headkick is that something you have been preparing at this gym?

Yes mate, been practicing kicks for... fuck knows how long, been waiting to buss some skulls with a kick.

Is there anything else you are adding to your game from the coaches at Unicorn Powered Fighting?

Cruz is gone from the booth... The crew look puzzled. Cruz is panting by the changing room exit.

Owen walked over to Cruz. "The interview isn't over yet?"

"THE FUCKIN SPIDER BRUV ITS FUCKING HUGE"

With that all the crew dash over to the other side of the changing room leaving the interview section isolated. The fighters are looking panicked. Especially Osvaldo Martinez who has no idea what is going on.

"Que?" Shouts Martinez

"How big was it?!" Says Hall to Cruz

"Fucking massive bruv it's like the size of my hand"

Cruz makes a fist of his hand and then opens his hands because that makes it bigger and he was aiming for emphasis.

You're all fighters, go and kill it you big pussies

"Shut up Conor" squeaks Darryl Gibbons "I didn't even think we got spiders in Finland!"

Joels tip toes over to the interview section slowly

"When I went to Africa to make an orphanage with my bare hands

Everybody's eyes roll

There was a giants spiders nest and I had to kill them all with just stomps" whispers Joels expertly as if he was narrating a survival show.

"Joels Grylls" says Darryl Gibbons jokingly

Wonder when he's gonna drink his own piss Conor adds

Joels gets to the interview section, throws a cross and runs back

"Did you get it?!" exclaims Scott Hall

Joels shows his right fist without any sign of spider splattering

"I must of hit it so hard, it exploded after I hit it" explains Joels

"or you just didn't hit it" counters Darryl

"I got an idea" Shouts Cruz, he grabs the poor confused Peacock and begins pushing him closer to the interview booth. He eventually pushes him in the booth and shuts him in.

"Peacock?"

Everybody is silent in anticipation of who will win in the battle of a great humanoid peacock or the giant spider

"Peacock?...."

"Peacock?"

"PEACOCK?"

"PEACOCKKKKKKKK!!!!!"

Drew Peacock busts out the door charging Cruz down, the spider follows. No bigger than the average house spider.

Osvaldo stomps on the spider. Tuts and walks out in disgust.

Conor sighs.

"Unbelievable"

• Upvote 2

I have not forgotten about this, I'm just super busy with real life since I got a new job and I'm doing extra hours and helping my brother with his children and I'm feeling pretty tired whenever I get home and can't really be bothered to write this. I got this Sunday and Monday off, hopefully I'll get round to writing episode 2 then. I just want to clarify that there is not a schedule. I have a lot of episodes in my head, so I won't run out of material it's just when I have the time and the patience to write it all up in what order.

Episode 2 is up, was a little rushed. Sorry guys, 3 will be when the fighters are training and about their preferences and fighting styles. Then 4 will be focused on a specific fighter. If you guys want to know a little bit of back story of any fighter, let me know. If it is Drew Peacock, then it will be Scott Hall investigating whats wrong with Drew.