GAMMA opens in Las Vegas

Mentor

Bwang Jong Sr (91781) HOF induction

Bwang is one of the all time greatest Tycoon managers, a former #1 and game HOFer and i am proud to announce he is now inducted to our own GAMMA Hall of Fame!

His record in GAMMA (as of May 2019) is 45-22-2 and he has been involved in a total of 25 title fights. His total of 283 points ranks him 28th in the all time list. I expect him to shoot up this list in the next update i plan at the end of the year (i expect him to be in the top 20 by then).

Bwang has had a total of 4 fighters in the org and all have had success. Hector Verama was a multiple time 205lbs title contender. Ghazi Okah was a 205lbs champ with several title defenses. The same applies for Dustin Kruger and Cheik Imbula, in fact, he has never had an unsuccessful fighter in our org to date. Clearly one of the best managers in the game.

• Upvote 5

The last weekend, Lao Shin "To Chin" (256055) broke a few records all in the same weekend.

First, he became one of only 10 fighters to have 50 fights as a GAMMA fighter. He is also ranked 5th all time with a total of 34 wins.

In his last 20 fights he either won or avenged the loss against the guys he lost to, with the exception of Cheik Imbula (2 losses and 1 draw).

At the age of 39y, he became the highest ranking fighter in GAMMA. Not sure if that has been done before, but if it has, it has been a while.

More impressively though, he became only the 3rd fighter in GAMMA history to become a 6 time champion, dethroning recently crowned champion Joy Rones of his title. The only 2 fighters to achieve this was Renan St Juste (who is ranked #1 all time in GAMMA) and Gunnar Steigleman (ranked #3 among all fighters in GAMMA).

If he was to retire now, he would be ranked 5th all time in GAMMA with 229 points in total. Next above him is the great Jeremy Tonal with 262 ranking points.

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...
Darth did something that nobody has done in our 10 1/2 year history. He became the first fighter ever, to win a GAMMA title while starting on the island.

Lets be honest here, the dude is not exactly elite material, with a 36-22 fight record, you can probably call the guy a journeyman. In fact, his time outside of GAMMA was not that impressive with only one title win in the minor leagues. He had time when he just joined Duel where he went 1-6, so it was looking very likely the guy was done.

After he joined during the Duel merger, he went 2-3 in his first 5 fights. It was his more recent form of 4 straight wins that gained him a title shot, which he fully took advantage of.

Congratulations to Darth and his manager Power Shark for sticking to it and getting the results when it mattered.
  • Upvote 1

Saul Goodman HOF

Managed by David Brent, He is a former #1 ranked fighter and 185lbs fighter of the year. In GAMMA 22-5-1. Ranked 28th best fighter in GAMMA history (4th among 185lbs fighters) with 132 points. His biggest wins were over Bruce Diehard, Russian Obama, Hector Verama, Kalervo Kaunismieli, Edward Stoker, Takeru Ozaki, Ilya Mstislav Volkov among others. Saul retired very early, he was basically in his prime at the time, coming off a big win due to his manager temporarily leaving the game.
This induction is the 2nd for David Brent after Gareth Keenan was inducted in the summer. This moves David into the 7th place among all GAMMA managers of all time.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Super Fight confirmed:

We can now confirm that Dao "Hammer and The Nail" Sonnen (273645) (GAMMA) vs Masa Sanada (295178) (CEC) super fight is now in place. The fight will take place in the first week of October.
Another big super fight confirmed between Dao and Sanada. This is #3 vs #1 in the Welterweight division and a competition between CEC and GAMMA. Despite being 163-93-4 historically, as of late we have been sucking major league balls in our super fights. We are currently 3rd in the Super fight league table with 9 points since the summer with 9 points behind the current leaders CEC who have 18 points. A win will help cover some ground, but CEC are way ahead at the moment.
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Trippin Balls HOF Induction

Trippin Balls (104409) is one of the best managers in GAMMA history. Specifically, he is ranked #30 all time in the rankings with a total of 283 points.

His all time record in GAMMA is 47-36-2 (This is updated in May 2019, so it is more now). His total of 85 fights ranks him 21st all time in total fights.
But it is not just volume that got him into our HOF, he also has a total of 15 title fights during his run.
All in all, Trippin Balls is a consistent, hard nosed manager who never backs down from any fights ever and has been performing at a high level at the Global Association of MMA for a very long time, his induction is well deserved.
  • Upvote 2

It has been confirmed that #1 in 185lbs will be up against the #3 of the division in another super fight between GAMMA and Syn.

Dao Sonnen is the current 170lbs and former 185lbs of GAMMA. He beat 170lbs legend Lao Shin to win the title last month. His opponent will be the younger Hairy Scrotum, the current 170lbs Syn champion.

• Upvote 4

The joke at the old smoke or the wannabee at the Wombley?

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14991697951037.gif Vs http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14829606845328.jpg

Say what you will about how the match came to be, Pablo Maraçon Vs Thomas Bolleke for the middleweight title will be the match to see. Ninth of November, you don’t want to miss. Only one of these two warriors will find victory and bliss. The reigning and defending GAMMA middleweight champion Pablo "El Diablo" Maraçon puts his title on the line against young blood Thomas Bolleke.

To say the champion is the favorite would be a massive understatement. Pablo "El Diablo" Maraçon has been dominating the division. He has held the entire middleweight division hostage for almost an entire year. He stands tall on his golden throne and reigns with an iron fist. His only losses in recent memory were super fights. The Nicaraguan bad boy is known by his peers and the fans as a tough son of a gun, having been finished only once in the steel cage in his entire career. Considering he’s had over fifty fights, that speaks volumes about the toughness of the champion.

Fresh off his first win in the big leagues, Thomas Bolleke is handed the opportunity of a lifetime on a silver platter. With the number one contender unable to pick up his gloves, promotional newcomer Thomas Bolleke gets his trial by fire at the biggest stage of them all. Will his shocking promotional debut - a knockout victory heard around the world - be the preview of an upset of epic proportions or will the challenger fade away under the roaring heart of the champion?

After finding out about this historic fight, we called the challenger who had this to say about the announcement of the fight:

Thomas Bolleke: “I came in with a fist full of dynamite. I crashed through the front gate and pummeled seasoned veteran Beast Boy into a state of living death. Now it’s time to put up or shut up. Am I scared to face the champion so early in my career? Without a doubt. The dude is built like superman, he is the man of steel, the man who can’t be beat. A living legend, if you will. Wanna know the real reason why they are throwing me in the lion’s den? It’s because he’s beaten everyone already. There is no one left standing. He truly is the king of the mountain. That’s why they brought me in, fresh blood to sacrifice. But I know something they don’t know. I was raised in this cage. Throw me to the wolves. I don’t care. I’ve been raised by wolves. The steel cage is my home. Let him throw his best at me. We’ll see who cracks first. His fists or my skull.”

There you have it ladies and gentlemen. Don’t miss Pablo Maraçon Vs Thomas Bolleke, ninth of November at GAMMA#797.

• Upvote 5

Away from 22nd until 6th

As the title says, i will be away during the period mentioned above. This means that some fights could get booked a bit later than usual and i wont be online as much. Most likely i wont be logging into the site during that period either and if i do, i wont have much time to reply or do things.

The joke at the old smoke or the wannabee at the Wombley?

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14991697951037.gif Vs http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14829606845328.jpg

Say what you will about how the match came to be, Pablo Maraçon Vs Thomas Bolleke for the middleweight title will be the match to see. Ninth of November, you don’t want to miss. Only one of these two warriors will find victory and bliss. The reigning and defending GAMMA middleweight champion Pablo "El Diablo" Maraçon puts his title on the line against young blood Thomas Bolleke.

To say the champion is the favorite would be a massive understatement. Pablo "El Diablo" Maraçon has been dominating the division. He has held the entire middleweight division hostage for almost an entire year. He stands tall on his golden throne and reigns with an iron fist. His only losses in recent memory were super fights. The Nicaraguan bad boy is known by his peers and the fans as a tough son of a gun, having been finished only once in the steel cage in his entire career. Considering he’s had over fifty fights, that speaks volumes about the toughness of the champion.

Fresh off his first win in the big leagues, Thomas Bolleke is handed the opportunity of a lifetime on a silver platter. With the number one contender unable to pick up his gloves, promotional newcomer Thomas Bolleke gets his trial by fire at the biggest stage of them all. Will his shocking promotional debut - a knockout victory heard around the world - be the preview of an upset of epic proportions or will the challenger fade away under the roaring heart of the champion?

After finding out about this historic fight, we called the challenger who had this to say about the announcement of the fight:

Thomas Bolleke: “I came in with a fist full of dynamite. I crashed through the front gate and pummeled seasoned veteran Beast Boy into a state of living death. Now it’s time to put up or shut up. Am I scared to face the champion so early in my career? Without a doubt. The dude is built like superman, he is the man of steel, the man who can’t be beat. A living legend, if you will. Wanna know the real reason why they are throwing me in the lion’s den? It’s because he’s beaten everyone already. There is no one left standing. He truly is the king of the mountain. That’s why they brought me in, fresh blood to sacrifice. But I know something they don’t know. I was raised in this cage. Throw me to the wolves. I don’t care. I’ve been raised by wolves. The steel cage is my home. Let him throw his best at me. We’ll see who cracks first. His fists or my skull.”

There you have it ladies and gentlemen. Don’t miss Pablo Maraçon Vs Thomas Bolleke, ninth of November at GAMMA#797.

Nice article brother.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
Once every 6 months i update the list of the greatest managers in GAMMA history, the last update was in May. We give points for total wins (4), losses (1) and title fights (3). Based on that criteria, here are the best managers in GAMMA over the past 6 months:

Laz Staz (82447) = 110

Runt . (108617) = 75

Trippin Balls (104409) = 71

Hunter Jones (38476) = 64

Kostas Tsaq (113079) = 58

Marky Mark (22640) = 53

Whymer Van Mastodon (40116) = 51

Carlos Castenada (84794) = 51

Pablo Spezziale (16996) = 48

Power Shark (94407) = 43

I also updated the all time list, here is the top managers of all time (minimum of 200 ranking points):

Whymer Van Mastodon (40116) 1307

Gale Hawthorne (22636) 1200

Dom Jaehnke (20196) 827

Gerbert Bryant (84742) 800

Mr Gutz (3074) 721

Boondock The Destroyer (503) 691

David Brent (104382) 664

Alika Webb (62511) 653

Pawel Ufcowski (52087) 595

Grumpy Bastard (102643) 550

Igor Psycho (6994) 548

Laz Staz (82447) 548

Marky Mark (22640) 456

Face Kicker (2965) 448

Bobby Heyman (99756) 434

Mike Hunt (39215) 433

Brad O'Neil 371

John McGuirk (1306) 351

Trippin Balls (104409) 344

Hunter Jones (38476) 333

Grund McGrunderson (3341) 323

Carlos Castenada (84794) 320

Bwang Jong Sr (91781) 315

Paulie Walnuts (79001) 314

Jebba . (61031) 310

Thor HGH (24686) 308

Richard Davenport (10647) 303

Andy McKenzie (101467) 289

Matt Cave (45538) 288

Klatz Matz (46802) 287

Gritty Smitty (1206) 286

Digga Dogman (91254) 275

Runt . (108617) 268

Seppo Koskinen (2820) 266

Doug Heffernan (10852) 260

John Bravo (50889) 260

Lance Templeton (889) 256

Jack Smith (7552) 251

Central Park Wigan (27741) 238

Choose Life (3393) 229

Blake Phoenix (105403) 229

Power Shark (94407) 227

Randall McSweeny (14361) 212

Rodrigo Rojas (101547) 210

• Upvote 3

We are proud to induct Carlos to our HOF!

Carlos Castenada (84794) is a long term GAMMA manager, currently ranked 22nd best of all time with 320 points in total.

His all time record stands at 51-37-2 with a total of 25 of those fights being either super fights or title fights. He is 16th ranked in total super/title fights in GAMMA's history and is also the current holder of the 155 and 170lbs titles. He has also held the 145 and 185lbs titles, making him one of few GAMMA managers to hold 4 out of the 6 active GAMMA titles.
Carlos is also one of the legendary in game managers, part of the Hall of Fame, being ranked #1 in game on multiple occasions.
We congratulate Carlos for his great achievement and wish him success for the future.
  • Upvote 5

Damn, that is a crap load of events. We have been grinding events in the past year, mainly due to us only running 1 event per week (we had a time we was running 3, that dropped to 2, then 1 1/2 and as of May, just 1 per week).

I had a look and over the history of GAMMA, we had 2.7 billion spent on fighter expenses, sign on fees and event fees. That does not include all the manager to manager transactions over that period of time.

Anyway, it is our 800th anniversary, so a big shout out, to all the legendary GAMMA managers over the years!

Away from 4th till 22nd of December

I will be going on a trip during this period, which means limited to no access during large periods of time. I will try to get online every now and then, but i will be much less active. All cards are fully booked until the 21st, most of the 28th is also booked.