22 replies to this topic

#1 Beck

Beck

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Hey guys,

Does anyone play the game DayZ?? I have played the mod, and have had the stand-alone game since it came out, but I haven't played it all that much.

So was wondering if some of the MMAT Community plays the game and would be up to play it online and get a big group going on a server.

The game still is in 'alpha', so its being developt still. However, I have had a lot of fun playing the game and the last time I played it was roughly in April, since then there have been a bunch more updates to improve the game and I have heard that vehicles should be added soon too.

For those who do not know much about the game, i would suggest a google search :) But is a pretty hardcore zombie game, that if your character dies you lose everything you have gathered and have to start over. Not only do you play against the weather, your needs for food/water, zombies, but also other players. Hence playing in a bigger group is best for your survival chances as majority of people are dicks and shoot on sight to loot your gear.

Here is a clip to basically show you what its about

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Wolf

Wolf

Red Belt

• Banned
  • 7,267 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

I don't have it but its one of those that i have thought of buying. Only problem is i only have a laptop so any good games usually overheat it in 5 minutes :(

vbw8Ba.gif

Wolf is a fucking cheater

#3 Beck

Beck

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

Yeah a laptop might not work too well with this game, as it does take a lot of your hardware. Shame though, as it is a good game.

figured I'd attach an image of my most recent character, I got pretty good gear on him :)

2rwnkhs.jpg

#4 Wolf

Wolf

Red Belt

• Banned
  • 7,267 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

this is making me want to buy a proper computer :D

vbw8Ba.gif

#5 DavyJones

DavyJones

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

I played the mod and had quite a bit of fun with it. It's definitely a frustrating game because almost everyone kills you on sight. I got to be the same way thinking "if you can't beat me, join em". So much time is wasted just wandering aimlessly looking for gear, only to lose it all in a split second LOL! It can really get the heart rate going whenever you encounter another player, even though it's fruatrating I always liked that adrenaline rush 'kill or be killed' feeling of the game.

I wouldn't mind buying the stand alone but can't bring myself to spend 30 bucks on a game in alpha.

7gGdAvs.png

#6 Beck

Beck

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

Haha yeah, the frustration is defianetly there. But as you say, its quite exciting when you encounter someone, and hopefully you'll end up being the one walking away.

I share the same motto though with DayZ;  kill or be killed. It has been that way since the mods days too. I had so many great moments in that with some friends as I did alone in the stand-alone. Not long ago,  I came across 2 guys armed to the teeth and I just had my crappy M4 with 30 rounds.. Took them both out and had the finest gear next, only to be shot by a sniper 30 minutes later when going in to a city (Elektro) to get loot haha

#7 markyosullivan

markyosullivan

Red Belt

• 6,023 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:42 PM

I love DayZ was playing it loads a couple of months ago but now I haven't been playing much, haven't been playing much of any games tbh

1376065122corporation4.png                     1452094593LuckyLiamsAcademy.png

#8 The1rstSaint

The1rstSaint

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,816 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:33 PM

Gonna have to check this out.

f7jvwER.gif

#9 Beck

Beck

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:28 AM

I love DayZ was playing it loads a couple of months ago but now I haven't been playing much, haven't been playing much of any games tbh

Well if you ever want to play a for a bit, just send me a message on Steam :) Hope you do play like a bandit though :P

#10 catako

catako

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:02 AM

Nice looking game, seems very interesting, maybe will get it after I change my pc as well.

000_ready.png

#11 Erik

Erik

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

Am interested but haven't got it yet -- not a fan of early access.  Will probably get it when it moves into full release.

Frank Zappa was a troll, you are just a twat.

See You Next Tuesday

#12 Beck

Beck

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

I played a little yesterday, but its pretty nerve wrecking to play alone haha. I like to play on busy servers, because I do want to come across other people, BUT , the more people the higher the chance is I get killed and I would hate to start over from scratch at this point. I usually wait till night time to go into the army locations to look for weapons. I got a flashlight but I dont like to use it... it gives you away so quick.. And others too, soo I have seen a few walking around and tried to set up an ambush, only to realise they are with a group of 5 and I just remained hidden haha.

#13 Wolf

Wolf

Red Belt

• Banned
  • 7,267 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

can you set up a private server? or does it just put you in a lobby with 50 dickheads?

vbw8Ba.gif

#14 Beck

Beck

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

You can hire your own servers, I am not sure if you can set up one via your own computer. But once you got your own server you got admin powers and are able to password it I believe, if not that, you still got the power to kick anyone who joins your server so you can just host for your friends.

You can pick what servers you play on, so you can choose to join an empty server, or one closer to the max limit of 40 players. The map is huge, so 40 players IMO is still a bit low. However, if you get to the cities or other big loot places, it can get pretty crazy really quick with 40 players around. This one time I got stuck in a battle with a buddy in a city, and there were at least 3 other groups around all fighting each other. Crazy stuff, but lots of fun

#15 Wolf

Wolf

Red Belt

• Banned
  • 7,267 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

Sounds great. Will be a buy when i get a good PC, or if it comes out on a console which is doubtful :P

vbw8Ba.gif

#16 Beck

Beck

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

DayZ lesson of the day; DO NOT take on a group of 4 players on your own inside a building.

Got at least 2 of them, but lost all my gear that I had for AGES, haha.

#17 markyosullivan

markyosullivan

Red Belt

• 6,023 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 03:36 PM

DayZ lesson of the day; DO NOT take on a group of 4 players on your own inside a building.

Got at least 2 of them, but lost all my gear that I had for AGES, haha.

Must of felt awesome killing 2 of them though :D

#18 Beck

Beck

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

Must of felt awesome killing 2 of them though :D

Haha, oh yes it did :D

Played for a little bit afterward and got some decent gear. But my looks went from intimidating to not so intimidating, haha.

221100_screenshots_2014-08-12_00006_zps2

221100_screenshots_2014-08-12_00007_zpsc

Brown checkered jacket with matching hat, and schoolboy backpack :shades: haha. Got the fire axe again and a CR527 Carbine with no ammo..

I found ammo for other weapons and might swap the gun eventually, though I would like to try this, or any bolt action rifle with a scope.

For all weapons in the game currenty, you can look here: http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Weapons

#19 markyosullivan

markyosullivan

Red Belt

• 6,023 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:05 PM

Apparently this will be coming out for PS4 which is pretty cool :)

#20 Wolf

Wolf

Red Belt

• Banned
  • 7,267 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

Apparently this will be coming out for PS4 which is pretty cool :)

What about the xbox 1???

vbw8Ba.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zombie, survival, game, steam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users