• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Stu_Pidasol

Stu_Pidasol

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:02 AM

Yea I think you can only use that as your 'Niche' slot so it'd be limited to 1 fighter per roster

It really depends on what Mike whats to achieve.. If it's to add some extra fighters to niche aspects of the game then sure 1 fighter..

If he want to use this idea (QFC 70% fighters) to try and expand/generate etc etc the game then I think it would be silly to limit it to 1 per roster.. To be fair this 70% QFC thing has more spawned from the idea of an additional speciality slot.

#62 CusDamato

CusDamato

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:12 AM

fukn cus

What?

#63 shortfuse122829

shortfuse122829

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:20 AM

Not entirely true Stu. I been pushing for this for a year now. 

^^ the old thread w/ poll included

mrblack, on 13 November 2011 - 01:14 PM, said: i take the fights if i think i can win them and wont take them if i dont want to.

#64 Stu_Pidasol

Stu_Pidasol

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:52 AM

Yeah  I should have been more clear about that post - I know this has been brought up before..

Interesting to see in that thread I was only luke warm on the idea.. hahahaha

#65 MMATycoon

MMATycoon

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • 9,579 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

I honestly don't think we lose people because they think it's too scary looking at top fighters and not competing at the top straight away. I think we lose people because;

1. The game looks too complicated and they can't be bothered learning. 30%

2. They lose. 30%

3. It looks too slow. When they see they have to wait 2 days for their first fight they can't be bothered waiting. 20%

4. They thought it would be graphical. 10%

5. Other 10%

Just a random guess but they're my assumptions. Whenever I have played a game like this I always assumed I would have to work my way to the top over a decent period of time. We lose most people in the first few days; often before they have chance to even understand the concept of fighter skill levels etc.

#66 LanceTempleton

LanceTempleton

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

I honestly don't think we lose people because they think it's too scary looking at top fighters and not competing at the top straight away. I think we lose people because;

2. They lose. 30%

3. It looks too slow. When they see they have to wait 2 days for their first fight they can't be bothered waiting. 20%

5. Other 10%

Just a random guess but they're my assumptions. Whenever I have played a game like this I always assumed I would have to work my way to the top over a decent period of time. We lose most people in the first few days; often before they have chance to even understand the concept of fighter skill levels etc.

I think this is pretty much spot on.

00:00 zyd people have said other managers were the best ever before guys like luke and GG and shit but i never felt that way about any of them and it shows i was right with how they went out

00:00 zyd but lance is that guy

00:00 zyd hes the real #1

00:00 zyd like ... to the point where i kinda think something shady must be going on that i cant see

00:01 zyd cause no ones ever been this

#67 shortfuse122829

shortfuse122829

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

2. They lose. 30%

5. Other 10%

I mostly agree with this. I think the changes you were going to make with sliders so it shows how often you'd throw certain moves will help a lot with #1.

I think the fighting at the top end part is really for returning managers. Once you've fought at the top before it's hard to do that 2 year grind again if you're a competitive person. That is why guys like Edsfan, Shiv, Swan Song, Rayden, Skinny and even J-bomb to an extent tried to pick up scraps on the FA market. A few of them played the spam QFC's to get their rank really high so they could actually get GOOD FA's.

I think the other thing you have to consider is not everybody gets VIP right away. If you build 4 guys @ 18 most likely those fighters are only fighting one time a month or so because you have to give young guys time to train their skills up since they start with so few. If a couple of those fights happen on the same weekend you could be looking at a month before your next fight. That's not a great incentive to sign in everyday especially because non-VIP's can't even really see pops.

If you do manage to go VIP very early in your experience do you think the pops from training is really a reason to sign in everyday like it used to be? I don't. So okay let's say you go VIP and start with 10 fighters right away. Let's also say they're also fighting about once a month so they have time to train. There are times you can go 10 days or 2 weeks with no fights, again I think people lose interest before they ever really get the chance to get hooked.

If you give them 1 guy who can fight with no injury and potentially fight every couple days or once a week, even though it's only 1 guy that could be enough to keep them signing in for a while and leave a greater opportunity that they get hooked on the game

mrblack, on 13 November 2011 - 01:14 PM, said: i take the fights if i think i can win them and wont take them if i dont want to.

#68 shortfuse122829

shortfuse122829

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

Boxing Superb, 10 (2)+ Muay Thai Wonderful, 12 (3)- Wrestling Exceptional, 13 (14)+ BJJ Strong, 9 (7)++     Agility Exceptional, 13 (17)- Flexibility Wonderful, 12 (32)++ Speed Wonderful, 12 (17)- Strength Sensational, 14 (40)- Conditioning Sensational, 14 (25)+ Balance Exceptional, 13 (8)-

Punches Exceptional, 13 (10)+ Kicks Exceptional, 13 (15)++ Elbows Useless, 1 (60)+ Knees Exceptional, 13 (1)-- Clinchwork Exceptional, 13 (3)-- Striking Defense Exceptional, 13 (13)++ Ground n Pound Wonderful, 12 (3)- Takedown Off Wonderful, 12 (12)++ Takedown Def Exceptional, 13 (8)-- Submissions Useless, 1 (60)-- Defensive Grap Exceptional, 13 (7)++ Transitions Superb, 10 (28)- Escapes Useless, 1 (60)--

This fighter is 69.10% skills. I think having a guy who can have a little bit of diversity in his builds without having HUGE glaring holes in other parts of his game and fight every couple of days to once a week could keep guys wanting to come back long enough to keep them around. I agree with Mike in the sense I think we lose most of the guys before they ever get a chance to give the game a chance.

If those %'s are pretty close that means we're losing half or more users in the first couple of weeks from either thinking it looks too complicated or seeing 2 days for that first QFC and immediately giving up on the game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mma, fighter, game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users