Mayweather vs Pacquiao ?

bjornmma1

I said it wasn't going to be close and it wasn't. Mayweather is just far too skilled and has too good defensive skills.

running and hugging skills.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's so funny how every1 is bashing Floyd cause the fight was boring lol. Floyd fought like Floyd. He averages 468 punches per fight & threw 431. He lands 50% of his power shots & landed 48%.

Manny averages 67 punches per round or about 800 in a 12 rd fight & threw 425.
You know what would've made that fight exciting? Manny being Manny. But the problem was JMM's counter style always gave him fits & Floyd is bigger, stronger, faster, has better footwork & defense than JMM. If he had been averaging 67 punches a round??? They'd still be trying to wake him up from his nap
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's so funny how every1 is bashing Floyd cause the fight was boring lol. Floyd fought like Floyd. He averages 468 punches per fight & threw 431. He lands 50% of his power shots & landed 48%.

Manny averages 67 punches per round or about 800 in a 12 rd fight & threw 425.
You know what would've made that fight exciting? Manny being Manny. But the problem was JMM's counter style always gave him fits & Floyd is bigger, stronger, faster, has better footwork & defense than JMM. If he had been averaging 67 punches a round??? They'd still be trying to wake him up from his nap

Couldn't agree more. I don't understand why the fuck so many people (I know most are casual fans) thought Floyd would change his style all of a sudden.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Flyd's defense relies on footwork and movement. Every tike he got to a corner Manny hit him well and the crowd loved it. Both of them are great, I prefer Manny because of his style, but Manny lost the fight no doubt about it. Back to MMA, boxing is boring like wrestling

• Downvote 1

I thought it was a decent fight. Seen some people saying Pacman shouldve got the decision, that seems crazy to me! I was supporting him but it was pretty clear to me that Mayweather was in control for pretty much the whole fight. Pacquiao should have gone all guns blazing in that last round especially, it was obvious he needed a KO to win by that stage.

I expected Mayweather to win if it goes to a decision. Props to Money on his great defensive skills in boxing. Definitely future HoF for Mayweather and Manny too... Damn it! I just wished Manny won. Hahahaha! Our councilor even put up a free showing of the fight (really great use of public funds) only to see him lose. Back to normal here I guess.

Yeah, same as I said. I said it wouldn't be a hard fight for Floyd and it wasn't hard indeed. Hate him or love him, but one thing is for sure, his boxing skills are extremely good. He moves in and out so fast and counters with perfect shots. I am in general a fan of the more attacking boxers, but seeing Floyd fight is pure art.

I had it 116 - 114 to Floyd

I had Floyd up 3-2 through the first 6 and Floyd up 3-2 through the second 6.

there were a few close rounds which i just scored 10-10's. I am going to have words with Jim Watt though, the commentary made it out to be a one sided ass whooping. The last i checked you win boxing matches by landing punches, not avoiding them. Floyd put on a masterclass in defensive boxing, he landed when he had to, put a few shots with a fair bit of pop into them to seal up the rounds he won. Manny doesn't box smart enough to beat Floyd and that is quite sadly a fact. Hopefully there will be no rematch and finally Amir Khan will get to fight Floyd to see if i am correct.

• Upvote 2

You think Amir Khan is next ? I think so and hope so . Should be a more competitive fight for sure

He should have got the fight instead of Maidana, but Floyd went against the fan vote and gave it to the guy who Khan beat. I hope Khan gets his last fight because i am a fan of styles make fights and i am a firm believer in the fact that Khan fights tall, i am fairly certain will have a better reach and also fights at range. It will give Floyd all sorts of fits when you couple it with the speed Khan punches at (faster than Manny) and Khan has good movement.

• Upvote 1

Agree Khan can make it a contest and Erik is right in that fight attracted ppv from people who had been told this was huge but will feel short changed, and won't bother again.

I paid for it only because my father is over from France and he wanted to see this historic fight. I didn't expect it to be worth it and I won't bother again to be honest.

Not to say anything bad about those who didn't like the fight, but I think the boxing public needs some schooling. I'm not a fan of Floyd as a person, but in the ring he is a mastermind and elite between the elite. Some people don't seem to understand that altough he is countering, he controls pretty much the entire fight by picking his opponent apart and frustrating him. The guy is a phenom and it's not because he isn't a Tyson type of fightr that he shouldn't be appreciated as much by crowd. He works extremely hard and proves that he is the best every single time

First boxing fight i've watched since... maybe 20 years.

Some comments above were right : I grew disinterested in boxing since the 90's and this fight did nothing to change my mind. Maybe i'ts because i'm highly uneducated in boxing, maybe it's because i'm convinced that any semi-pro MMA prcationner could kill either Pacman or Money in less than a minute, but I just wasn't interested. Not my sport I guess.

Not to say anything bad about those who didn't like the fight, but I think the boxing public needs some schooling. I'm not a fan of Floyd as a person, but in the ring he is a mastermind and elite between the elite. Some people don't seem to understand that altough he is countering, he controls pretty much the entire fight by picking his opponent apart and frustrating him. The guy is a phenom and it's not because he isn't a Tyson type of fightr that he shouldn't be appreciated as much by crowd. He works extremely hard and proves that he is the best every single time

Just because someone has fantastic skill doesn't make point fighting any less fucking boring.

• Upvote 3