ITFL Season 5 - Official Thread

GBK16

Kind words as ever grant :( and short fuse sorry about not replying to the mail I've been slacking. Will be more active for the tourney!

I said pretty much the same about me for my team :D I'm expecting them both to do roughly the same, if not Bruce will probably do slightly better.

Also, I won't have much time to do it this season, but I hope to have a writer for each round of the season

Slight update

Team Heel Turn will now be officially known as

The Charles Grace All-Stars

Icon, Vendetta, Charles Grace All-Stars and Sully's Regulars have paid up, so just waiting on Team Conquer and The Dong Squad to have that part sorted,

Also just waiting on The Dong Squad's last two picks and Round 1 is all set to go as soon as the fighters are signed up.

I think the Dong Squad is more apt, personally.

I like it but the team didn't choose it. Apart from the fact non of us got chosen for a team (including my own alliance) cough cough.

I can't pretty much guarantee there all rats and have somthing up with them haha.

Grant will be updating post #3 each week with the picks on Dale.

I Put 50K on team Icon at 9-1 with Mickey.

And I am predicting we start the season 4-1 vs the flaccid Dong Squad.

Shut up you mug we will smash you

• Upvote 1

Fight offers have been sent out guys. Looking forward to getting this underway. As one card needs 5 fights filling as the org owner i will cover them fights but if any of you have a 270k fighter you want a test for or any other fighter you want 1 fight grudge match with or just to test your fighters hiddens with someone else etc feel free to PM in game and i will chuck it on one of the spare fight slots for you guys.

• Upvote 2

270k fighter you want a test for or any other fighter you want 1 fight grudge match with or just to test your fighters hiddens with someone else etc feel free to PM in game and i will chuck it on one of the spare fight slots for you guys.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14296277072583.gif

Lars "Slaughterhouse" Kristoffer Interview for mma tycoon times

Reporter :Wow we are here with one of the most exciting prospects in mma today and also Rio Chain Gang champ Lars Kristoffer.Lars great to have you.

Kristoffer: Great to be here.

Reporter :Okay let get down to the questions all the fans what to know.With the owner of Alan Maynard no where to be found anywhere rumors have it he is wanted for money laundering by the feds and the Rio Chain Gang org will go inactive or close soon .What are you going to do if it does close?

Kristoffer: Not sure i have plenty of money to get the best training possible no i am in no hurry to get back into the cage.Maybe a little training break.

Reporter:There are rumors that GENERATION are looking for fighter and are willing to spend big money to get then.Would that be a move you be interested in ?

Kristoffer: If the price is right and fight is right sure i could make the move .

Reporter:If you were to make the move what fight would you like to have ?

Kristoffer: I like to fight Rod Black and get another title around my waist .He is a paper champ and would love to expose him for the fraud he is .

Reporter: Your arch rival Orpheus Boagrius is here .The fans would love to see that fight will you fight him?

Kristoffer: Well i love to fight him again but not at the present time sorry fans.From all reports he be killing it in the gym and i am a bit slower learning then he is .I will need a few more fights to iron out my game then i be ready .

Reporter: Ohh the fans will be disappointed is there anyway to make this fight happen sooner.

Kristoffer: Well my manger mickey loves money if we were offered a million dollars for the fight yep we will fight this istant .So any rich fans out there what to see the fight we need a million dollar payday

Reporter:Maybe the org will pay it are some diehard super rich fan will pony up the dole but it is a dream match for sure.I better left you off Kristoffer i bet you have training to do.

Kristoffer: Sure do all the best now.

Reporter:Well the gauntlet has be trowed down to the generation management .Only question is will they fork out the cash to get the fans the fighter they what to see only time will tell.Back you in studio .

Got a nice announcement to make for the season, and I am sure it's something you will all be delighted with

This Season of the ITFL will have previews provided by the fantastic Mr. Wolf. He is gonna be doing them every week, and should there be any weeks he is unavailable to do it, I will step up to cover them ensuring one comes fresh to you each week, while I heard Sully will be making a return to give his opinion on his own teams chances each week.

• Upvote 5

Got a nice announcement to make for the season, and I am sure it's something you will all be delighted with

This Season of the ITFL will have previews provided by the fantastic Mr. Wolf. He is gonna be doing them every week, and should there be any weeks he is unavailable to do it, I will step up to cover them ensuring one comes fresh to you each week, while I heard Sully will be making a return to give his opinion on his own teams chances each week.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14046526106802.jpg

James "Sully" McGuiness (237725)

(Participant of The Island Season 2. Former MMA and KT Fighter.

Owner of Sully's Bar & Grill on The Island)

You heard right ;)

(PS: Shop at Sully's!) :drunk:

Jack Russell
Johnson Schmid
Renato Silvia
Jermaine Wright

Hello there and welcome to another episode of MMA Fanzone. I’m your host Jack Russell, with me today is former multiple time wrestling Champion, Johnson Schimd and long time MMA fighter and BJJ black belt Renato Silvia. Our special guest this week is former USFC 185 champion and current participant in ITFL season 5, Jermaine ‘Razor’ Wright.

We are very happy to announce that MMA Fanzone has been commissioned to cover the upcoming ITFL season so keep an eye out for our thoughts on each round.

Now, with round 1 just a month away and all the match ups been decided let’s get an in depth look at them.

Starting with The Dong Squad vs. Team Icon, two of the teams who are, shall we say, not expected to achieve too much. The first match up is Neil Gilas vs. Akihiko Yamato. Gilas has been described by some as being this season’s Bosco Brown, who went 1-9 last season. Is this a bit premature to say a fighter will fail in the unpredictable nature of ITFL?

Johnson Schmid: A bit premature, maybe, but this guy is extremely tough to hurt with strikes and has extremely good wrestling ability. Maybe he hasn’t fought the toughest of opponents to date, but you can never count out a guy who you can’t put away with the wrestling of Gilas.

Renato Silvia: Gilas is too one dimensional to succeed here, you know? He may pick up the odd win here or there but I do see him becoming the laughing stock of ITFL. Yamato is a former KT fighter, he has big big power in his strikes so you cannot count him out of any fight when he can change the outcome of a fight in a split second.

Jermain Wright: You are too nice on Yamato. Kid got some power, but that won’t mean jack if he’s been KOed already. Dude’s losses are all from getting knocked the fuck out and when he starts facing fighters that aren’t bums like Gilas he will start getting KTFO again.

JS: I agree, Yamato is good but I doubt he will be a serious contender for the individuals once this wraps up.

JR: Next up we have Rio Yaj vs. Mr Steel Penn, with Yaj representing the Dong Squad and Penn coming in for Team Icon. Neither have had a particularly successful MMA career thus far, but this is a good opportunity for them to turn things around. Renato, I know you know Mr Steel Penn from his regional grappling days, how do you see this fight playing out?

RS: Man, he’s got some seriously scary jits, you know? I’d say he is probably the best grappler in the ITFL. However, his 7-8 record in MMA is less than pedestrian and 7 of those losses were (T)KOs. If he gets fights to the floor he can dominate and pick up wins but he has shown before when he can’t get the takedown he is at a loss on the feet.

JS: Lots of these so called ‘great grapplers’ were great when they were just grappling, but put them in a real fight they can’t take their opponent down. That’s why wrestling will always be superior as it allows you to dictate where the fight takes place and all these grapplers soon realise that and start aggressively working on their takedowns. Yaj is a well rounded young man, although slightly untested he should have no trouble in taking Penn’s head home with him.

JW: Again, both these dudes are bollocks. But Yaj is just slightly better than the chinless wonder that is Penn.

JR: You seem unimpressed so far Razor?

JW: Fuck yea I am, I wanted to fight the best ITFL had to offer, all I see is cans. I know there are good fighters in this season but I have no clue why these fucks would even enter, ya know?

JR: Alright, moving on. Russell "Stringer" Bell vs. Kabal Labak is a fight between a total unknown in Bell who is 0-1 in his career taking on the veteran Labak. Labak used to be a champion in the respected LFC org, although changing management since then, and he has shown a well rounded game. Johnson you have covered some of his previous fights, how will this fight go down and their seasons go?

JS: Labak is one of those old school wrestler types I love so much, as tough as they come, only being stopped by strikes once. He pushes forward constantly and has developed a good striking game but more importantly he knows when to pick his opportunities for takedowns. On the floor he has nasty submissions and poses a constant threat of ground and pound. He can do well for himself, better than his 12-8 record says. Bell is almost a complete unknown, having only 1 fight in which he was quickly finished but since then he has obviously been working hard. We will have to wait on him before giving an opinion.

RS: Labak is a hybrid fighter, wrestler turned into a great BJJ artist. If you tie up with this man, it doesn’t matter where you are as he is constantly seeking to hurt or finish on the mat. Bell will one advantage in this fight though, his opponent will not know what strategy he will come in with.

JW: Bell likely has the better management behind him, managed by The Antidote who led Whittaker JR to the ITFL trophy last season. But we haven’t seen Bell enough to know whether he’s a fighter or not, some people just don’t have it. Labak, well I don’t think he will do very well overall, he’s lost 8 times with most of those losses against opponents no one has heard of.

JR: Now, arguably two of the best fighters from these teams face off with Bruno "The Bomber" Aires vs. Bon "Mango" Aqua. Aires comes from the same team that has produced stars such as current Trinity LHW champion, Happy Forclit. He bares resemblance to him in the cage, with his relentless and overwhelming grappling attack. Aqua is known to hit very hard is known for his walk off KO’s.

JS: Aires excites me, he truly does. You were quite right in comparing him to his teammate Happy Forclit, both employ very similar wrestling set ups into their takeowns. If Aires gets on top of you, it’s bad news. He is constantly working for something and his opponents are rarely able to shake him off of them.

RS: You’re bias for wrestlers is overwhelming, just because someone can wrestle does not make them MMA gods, you know? You completely ignored his opponent, Aqua. Aires has had trouble before with heavy hitters and Aqua is just that, he might not be the guy to get it done vs Aires but there is a lot of them in the ITFL this season and Aires will most likely find himself on his ass a few times.

JW: For sure. Mandem gonna get mashed up if I’m standing across him.

JR: For the final fight between The Dong Squad and Team Icon, we have Demetri Puleveski vs. BJ "The Cock Gobbler" McGobblecock, Jr. Both have has so-so career thus far, neither being able to really get things going.

RS: This is a tough fight for both, Demetri has fantastic power but he gets hit too often and his chin can’t hold up. Luckily for him though BJ doesn’t have the best of power but it should be sufficient as Demetri took most of his KO losses at 170lbs, fighting two weight classes above his usual curely won’t help. I can see this being a long tournament for him.

JS: I have to agree with my Brazilian colleague, Demetri might be able to find success if he lands hard and early but it doesn’t look to be a promising season for him.

JW: These two, they’re B level fighters. Neither will be trouble in the long haul, they will both just have to try to make themselves not be an embarrassment.

JR: That’s all for part 1 of this preview. Be sure to check out part 2 where we will be covering The Charles Grace All-Stars vs. Vendetta.

• Upvote 5

Jack Russell
Johnson Schmid
Renato Silvia
Jermaine Wright

JR: Round 2 see’s two of the favourites to win the whole thing face off, as The Charles Grace All Stars take on Vendetta. The Charles Grace All Stars have a very solid team entering, with numerous top camps behind the fighters. Whilst Vendetta have a few young guns coming in for them, but also have a few really top fighters. The first fight is "The Unknown" Thomas Rutherford vs. "Blood Fire" Ras Li Judah. Both are looked on as the weak links of their respective team.

JS: I can see why they would be thought of as weak links, Rutherford has only 1 fight in his whole career so no one really knows what he is capable of, not even himself I would imagine whilst Judah has had 6 fights, winning 5 but not facing the level of competition he will be during ITFL.

RS: Rutherford comes from a good family, a few champion kickboxers as brothers so you would imagine he will be a striker as well. The tapes I have seen of Judah look good, he is very explosive in there and he has started showing some serious KO power, winning his last fight in 12 seconds. WOW.

JS: I would have to take Judah here as well, he has shown in the Bizzaria fight he is more than competent on the ground and he has KOed some really good strikers as well. Rutherford, well I just don’t know what he brings to the table.

JW: My boy Judah is gonna pop him in the face a few times, then don’t be surprised if this dude slams Tommy to the mat and taps him out.

JR: The next fight on the agenda is Cornelius Carr vs. Matt "Lost Cause" Kroblur. Two of the top fighters on each team, Carr is a former USFC champion at 170lbs, but he was cutting too much weight and decided to fight at his natural weight of 205lbs. His debut fight at LHW was a successful win, he will be looking to build on that and get Vendetta a win. Kroblur is 8-2 in his career and has proved he is a very talented young fighter with a great grappling base to fall back on.

JS: I’m a big fan of Kroblur, he has great wrestling skills and almost takes opponents down at will. You do not want this man on top either, he never just sits there he is almost always working for something and is quick to shut down any offense by his opponent.

RS: Don’t count Carr out so quick though, he was chosen to fight Kroblur, the team at Vendetta must have great faith in his ability to stop Kroblur from taking his down and work his own very aggressive striking game.

JW: Kroblur is good, he will be up there when the season ends for sure. But he’s facing Carr, Cornelius is a pure beast and he will have his way with Kroblur everywhere this fight goes.

JR: I see you are remaining totally neutral by not picking your own team-mates to win each fight, Razor.

*Forced laughter echoes through the studio*

Up next we have "Baron" Friedrich Von Kuschelbär vs. Bryer Michael. I think it’s best we call him Baron, instead of trying to correctly pronounce his name.

*more forced laughter*

Baron is a tough and gritty fighter, with excellent all round skills. We haven’t really seen much of Michael, his last fight was some time ago so he would have been hard at work in the gym improving no doubt.

RS: Baron has some nasty knockout power in his punches, his problem is he just has trouble landing sometimes and often swings his arm through the air trying to find the target. He has his wrestling to fall back on if he needs. Michael seems a good fighter, but has fought no one with a name. He has shown weakness on the ground in past fights, so I’m sure Baron will be looking to exploit that if Michael hasn’t shored up his defences.

JS: I’ve been impressed by what I’ve seen from Baron, he is one of the most experienced fighters in the competition and will likely have a few tricks up his sleeve. Fortunately for him he shouldn’t need many tricks vs Michael in what looks like a sure win for Vendetta.

JW: Freddy will finish this guy within 3 rounds.

JR: The 4th fight between these two teams is Duane "Brainsmasher" Perry vs. Igor "Under The Umbrella" Quincy. Perry is another USFC champion entering this season of ITFL, he brings some scary KO power to the table whilst Quincy brings his own nasty blend of power and technique.

JS: Perry is in my top 3 to win the individuals, the man can punch. What’s not to love? He’s a true blooded American to boot and he just knocks people out. I don’t think many people can take a punch from him and walk through it. Quincy is an intriguing prospect, but he’s up against a full on fighter here who can turn his lights out at any second.

RS: I like Perry’s fighting style, but I cannot like him as a person, a typical American who thinks he owns the World. Everyone is looking past Quincy, but he’s got some really tasty boxing combinations and some nice pop to his punches. Not much offensive takedowns but his BJJ game is strong and I would like to see him force Perry to tap out.

JW: Perry is in for a rude awakening against Igor.

JR: Drumroll please ….. the final fight features our very own guest, Razor Wright. Edward Stoker vs. Jermaine "Razor" Wright. We’ll come to you in a minute Razor, but lets get our expert’s thoughts on this fight.

JS: Haha, it’s not like I’m going to outright say Razor will be beaten, he’s sitting right next to me! But Stoker provides him a very interesting matchup, a striker vs striker on paper but Stoker has KOed more of his opponents whilst Jermaine takes more of a beating before finally picking up the pace in the final rounds. He is a slow starter and that might cost him against Stoker.

RS: The thing about Razor not many people realise is he is a good grappler as well, he doesn’t show it much because he is a better striker but a few of his fights he has taken it down to the mat and shown his submissions. He’s yet to lock one up yet but I wouldn’t be surprised if he did during the tournament.

JW: Well, Stoker has got a great KO record but let’s be real he’s fought bums his whole career. He doesn’t have first round power, he wears on them. That shit won’t work against me, I’ll hit him back harder and faster. He might be tough to finish but I’m sure as hell going out there to get as many points as I can and not play patty cake like a lil bitch.

JR: Well that wraps up part 2 of our first round preview. Join us for the next part when we will talk all about Sully’s Regulars vs Team Conquer.

• Upvote 5

Jack Russell
Johnson Schmid
Renato Silvia
Jermaine Wright

JR: Welcome back to the final segment of our episode as we look into Sully’s Regular’s vs Team Conquer. Team Conquer are the reigning champions and have once again put in a top quality team to represent, they find themselves up against a team who are, well, not expected to do very well.

The first matchup between these two teams is former Legacy and Imperial LHW champion taking on the youngster. It’s "Lucky" Liam McGuiness vs. Kai Kha. Johnson, you said backstage that Liam might be your dark horse of the tournament, could you give us a little bit more explanation on why you think that?

JS: Well Jack, he is the epitome of warrior spirit he either takes his opponent out early or leaves on his shield. He’s a very fun fighter to watch with his aggressive style and his one punch power, he’s not the best fighter in the tournament but he has some of the biggest names on his résumé. Kha is a tough out for him, but Liam’s experience and power should prove to be too much for the youngster.

RS: I think you are wrong. Kha is deceptively good, true he’s had problems with power punchers in the past but Liam’s style is way too basic to make it in the big leagues. He’s coming into ITFL 1-3 in his last 4 being finished twice. Kha’s chin should hold up long enough so he can land one of his own power punches on Lucky’s failing chin.

JW: Both have power, neither have a chin or heart to get out there and win. Hurt one and they will curl up into the fetal position and beg for the fight to be stopped. Whoever lands harder will get this, Kha certainly has more tools.

JR: John Swanson vs. "The Comedian" Edward Blake is the next fight on the agenda. Swanson hasn’t really got going yet in his career, being 6-4 over so-so competition, he faces Blake who has yet to fight since he changed camps and we haven’t seen him in action for a long time. He would have needed to fix up the holes in his ground game if he hopes to get past the toughness of Swanson.

RS: Swanson is a very much ‘in your face’ fighter, he usually opts to wear down with strikes before shooting on for a takedown. When he’s on top he is in his element, fantastic transitional skills and he mixes it well with strikes. He showed he has been working on his submission skills winning his last fight with the first sub win of his career. 2 of Blake’s 3 losses have come from submission so I really hope for his sake he has fixed those holes or Swanson will have his way.

JS: Blake is a good striker, very accurate and he is capable of over powering with a few strikes or wearing down and going in for a late kill. Tactical and power striking, but he is weak to a strong and persistent wrestler, and Swanson will probably get a takedown eventually and rack up the points.

JW: Neither have fought decent competition, but Swanson has lost from KO twice, although early in his career, if you can find his chin with some power often enough he will stop and be hesitant.

JR: Danny "Cyclone" Ciprianni vs. Bruce Brady is a fight Renato here has been anticipating, both are respected grapplers, although recently Ciprianni has favoured a more striking oriented attack. Brady is powerful and very slick on the ground with his submissions.

RS: I feel this can be a very good chess match on the ground, Brady as you say has excellent submission skills, but Ciprianni is no slouch on the mat with submissions of his own and some great reversal skills. On the feet I would give this one to Ciprianni, he has shown more thought in his strikes as opposed to Brady who throws with reckless abandon.

JS: I’m not sure if Brady will want to take this to the mat against Danny, Danny is probably one of the strongest wrestlers in the competition and a good Ju Jitsu artist to boot. Both have shown KO power throughout their careers and I can see this being a very sloppy striking match with both being too scared to take it to the ground.

JW: Ciprianni will probably take this, Brady is good but he hasn’t fought on the level of Danny yet and he’s gonna be overwhelmed.

JR: Up next we have one fight that’s result is probably guaranteed, although we try to remain neutral this seems like a gimme fight to get an easy win. "Ice Cube" O Shea Jackson vs. "Crossbones" Brock Rumlow. Jackson is one of the youngest if not the youngest competitor this season, whilst Rumlow has been tipped by numerous MMA journalists and managers alike to be one of the next best fighters.

JS: This can be a blessing for Jackson, he has absolutely zero pressure on him, he’s fighting one of the best fighters coming from one of the best camps in the world. Jackson has power and some crafty submission skills. However, I can’t keep a straight face and say he will win. The best he can do is make it competitive and not get finished.

RS: Rumlow doesn’t have the best of power in his hands, but other than that his striking is proably on another level to Jackson and to most in the ITFL. Jackson has fought some big hitters and has usually been KOed, I can’t see him lasting the full fight against Rumlow.

JR: Razor, your last loss was to Rumlow, many pegged it to be a close fight but you came out losing all rounds and hardly landed all fight.

JW: He had my number, he knew what I would do and just came in with a better game plan. It’s a loss I would sincerely like to avenge and I can see us being in the final’s of the individual tournament. As for the Jackson fight, *bursts into laughter* I’m sorry, Jackson has almost no chance.

JR: The final fight in round one of the ITFL and between Sully’s and Conquer is Johan "Hailstorm" Attila vs. George "Santo" Pedro. Attila is a former Imperial champion and Legacy title challenger, he has fought some of the best up and coming fighters in MMA at LHW. Pedro is coming up all the way from welterweight for this tournament and is one of the shortest fighters in it, will that have any effects on his performances?

JS: I like Attila, I like wrestlers and he is one of Germany’s finest wrestlers. Once he’s on top he is relentless with his ground and pound. He also has pop in his punches, although he swings a bit wild at times. Pedro is small, and Brazilian. I’m not sure how many times a Brazilian has been over powered by wrestling.

RS: Fuck you, man. Pedro is the smaller fighter yes, but Attila won’t be able to shoot low on him. Pedro will also be adding to his power putting more muscle on him, his power was scary at 170, at 205 he will be something else.

JW: I like Attila in this, he has more tools at his disposal. He can’t get into a pure striking match with Pedro though.

JR: Thank you all for being with us. Let’s hope it’s a season to remember. If you have seen this and would like to be a guest on our show, please get in touch. Until next time, see you.

• Upvote 7