We have grappling and kickboxing but what about.....

blazinguy

Hey guys, I'm Jay and I run the WKBC, as a promoter I have been itching to create a boxing division, only punches would be allowed with some clinch of course, It'd be awesome to create old legends like Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali and pit them against each other for nostalgia, having legends of fiction and non fiction from different decades all compete for the World Tycoon Boxing Championship.

I would've done this already however, we are missing a few things to pull this off.

I can already do this as of now, however I'd like to emulate boxing as much as possible, therefore I'd need to be able to make fights with more variable round options such as 4 rounds, 6 rounds, 8 rounds, 10 rounds, 12 rounds at 3 minutes or 2minutes if an amateur fight. I don't think this would change much in the game mechanics except duration of bout, different scorecard numbers (more probables) and the longer the fight the more sapped the fighter will be energy wise after the bout.

The only other thing I think that could make this more unique/exciting is detailing the KO a lil bit more, for example KO (Left Hook), KO (Right Uppercut), Tko (Liver Shot), KO (Right Straight) or hell even chuck in a DQ (Headbutt) but this isn't a must, I think just having more variable options with round/round time etc will make this work.

What's everyone's opinions on this idea?

-Jay

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Torn. On one side I've always wanted more control with rounds - so kickboxing could be more rounds with shorter time.

I don't think the engine would be interesting with pure boxing. I think the value people would take from it would be a place to send their 18 year old projects to train and get sweet striking skills before working on the rest of an MMA skill set and transition over. Probably be able to create and maintain your own stars but the most common use I see for this is fights for people who would otherwise be locked in a gym. In itself there's pros and cons to that.

• Upvote 4

Everything Shards said was correct.

I like it though. The flavor text could be added later down the road. Lots of flavor text needs added in places. So that can wait but it's MMAtycoon might as well add the boxing element. You need to fix the clinch though. That would be tough without total disable. Can't have boxing matches that look like KT hockey fights.

I'm a fan of any type of Junior, Amateur, cross over to MMA background. Start as KT, start as grappler, start as boxer.

Medals, awards, trophies, all good stuff. Needs added.

• Upvote 6

it COULD be interesting however the wrestling and KT have made the limited amount of fighters even more limited and actually hrt the game. Adding boxing will only bring it further in the hole. If Mike would change a few things and manage to keep some of the 95% or more who join and then LEAVE inside a month and broaden the feild of fighters to say TRIPLE what is available now...then yeah we could add other fight styles sure !

But its an MMA game bottom line and if u want to box or wrestle go to a box or wrestle game.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Once every three months (once per in game year) host a 16 man boxing only tournament similar to QFC tournament... could make it a creation tournament, or age restriction.

Could also host a 16 man Jr Amateur (16 y.o - 17 y.o only)

Unique trophies/awards to the medalist. Could be Junior and Amateur boxing Olympics.

• Upvote 4

I love the idea. In the meantime, if anyone is starving for boxing only, find someone you trust on here and set up a gentleman's agreement for a kickboxing fight, but punches only, and no clinching. Thats not as good as a full on boxing mode like you are saying, but it could work for the time being.

• Upvote 2

I love the idea. In the meantime, if anyone is starving for boxing only, find someone you trust on here and set up a gentleman's agreement for a kickboxing fight, but punches only, and no clinching. Thats not as good as a full on boxing mode like you are saying, but it could work for the time being.

It's a gentleman's dance until somebody accidently kicks somebody in the penis.

• Upvote 2

some great suggestions, I like your approach Rambo, use it as a fair playing field for younger developing fighters to get ring experience (accolades such as medals n trophys all while still training/rounding out their other stats) .

Make it flow like TWGC but call it TWBC and have divisions etc so we have a golden glove D1 Sydney Champion for example (make all state/country champs compete at the Worlds for the GG World title.

It'd lead to match ups like Grappling champs vs Boxing Champ, or Boxing Champ vs KT world Champ, just adds extra interesting dynamics to the game.

Grump is just a GRumpy guy, ignore his post.

Hey Grump, to fix that issue, wouldn't it make more sense to increase total # of fighters for the current dedicated players like me who are to poor to pay for extra fighter slots but would love 20 fighters hint hint mike tycoon ;)

my proposal would be to increase total # but for example non VIP get 4 fighters +1 island fighter

what if this was to change to a total of 10 fighters with a minimum requirement of 1 grappler and 1 KT fighter on your roster, this will help aid KT/Grappling and expand the MMA world tenfold all while being trained by experieneced tycooners?

KT/Boxing are in the same catorgory as Stand up Specilist (so you'd only need 1 of whichever you desire) but can have more if you prefer the KT part of the game or have more grapplers if you prefer that part, but with this system you'd be forced to take part if each part of the game KT/Grappling/MMA. 10 fighters are'n't that hard to manage.

I think the game would be massive after some of those changes, imagine how many more total fighters their would be .

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It makes me sad that KT is dying, it's a blast!

IMO KT would have a lot of sucess if it happens to have those tournaments like TWGC, divided by divisions, many (the majority I would say) of the builds are strikers and would take part on those a lot, that would also estimulate the KT Org scenario more and probably other adaptions would be demanded to ressurge with that. Whats a thing for me that wrestling can be a changing point at KT fights and that bothers a lot the people who are only looking to exchange strikes till death, getting stuck into the clinch and losing for maybe less skilled strikers. Which in Boxing wouldnt be like that (it shouldnt) would be a lot more towards striking without that Wrestling influence. But it doesnt seem that changes like that are at focus, at all.

• 2 months later...

The only way Boxing (BA) would work is if it was affiliated as a huge feeder to a prestigious MMA org that wants future fresh talent. Like what happened with PULSE and PULSE Tribal Combat. That way strikers can develop there game before transferring over, and a big roster with future talent could help with the constant turnover.