UFC 223 Ferguson vs Nurmagomedov Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

The UFC will do fookin nothin!

I believe it was a strategic choreographed event by the Irish camp. If you're gonna sell a fight w/ a Russian wrestler this is the best way to do it. People eat the cheese.

yeah, Conor throwing that handtruck through the window where Chiesa was sitting was staged.

artem off the card, Chiesa pulled from the card, Borg pulled from the card all because of McNugget.

artem off the card, Chiesa pulled from the card, Borg pulled from the card all because of McNugget.

thats fucking awful. Moreno, Pettis and Caceres are all going to dig into McGregors pockets from this. Borg and Chiesa are going to dig deeeeeep.

Dana is got to be privately loving it. McGregor is going to be all over the news for a while as the whole thing gets sorted out, then will probably get hit deep enough that he will be forced to come back and actually fight. He may have made it impossible to fight in the US though, but thats probably not too big a deal.

• Upvote 1

thats fucking awful. Moreno, Pettis and Caceres are all going to dig into McGregors pockets from this. Borg and Chiesa are going to dig deeeeeep.

Dana is got to be privately loving it. McGregor is going to be all over the news for a while as the whole thing gets sorted out, then will probably get hit deep enough that he will be forced to come back and actually fight. He may have made it impossible to fight in the US though, but thats probably not too big a deal.

McGregor won't pay a dime to anyone. No arrest warrant, he'll be home in the morning. Won't fight in the US again, was he ever going to? Let the UFC cut him, go to Bellator or go out by yourself and book a fight in Croke Park. He'll fill it and make me than he ever would in Vegas with the UFC.

Love him or hate him, he IS bigger than the UFC. He brings in more buys than any one else on the roster. Too many cards and not enough stars. McGregor will make money anywhere.

• Downvote 3

Yeah .. a great PR stunt ...
Dana would be seeing millions looking at the footage
mcnuggets needed the spotlight too ...he was getting sidelined with Khabib getting all the attention

mcnuggets will post on his social media, that he didn't mean any of it and how he is a role model and everything will be sorted.
If any other fighter did that, they will be banned for quite some time or some shit

Great move Dana ( dude could be the one behind this for all we know ) :D

McGregor won't pay a dime to anyone. No arrest warrant, he'll be home in the morning. Won't fight in the US again, was he ever going to? Let the UFC cut him, go to Bellator or go out by yourself and book a fight in Croke Park. He'll fill it and make me than he ever would in Vegas with the UFC.

Love him or hate him, he IS bigger than the UFC. He brings in more buys than any one else on the roster. Too many cards and not enough stars. McGregor will make money anywhere.

lol, you might be the stupidest kid whos ever posted about mma here.

• Upvote 2

A very good, intelligent argument bro. I guess if you can't come up with an actual response just go for an insult. ;)

nothing you wrote was worth an intelligent response. Just the nonsensical ramblings of a low iq fan boy.

Ray Borg has a sliver of glass in his eye, his career could be in jeopardy, and you are defending mcgregor. only a raging retard would defend and downplay his actions today. And he definitely will be sued and he definitely will come out of pocket with a very large amount of cash.

• Upvote 1

Love him or hate him, he IS bigger than the UFC. He brings in more buys than any one else on the roster. Too many cards and not enough stars. McGregor will make money anywhere

LMAO. Your mancrush is now in NYPD custody and is likely to be charged with assault. Possibly multiple other charges after an investigation is conducted. Hard to be home in a morning, I guess you'll have to suck off some other muppet at the airport you piece of trash.

LMAO. Your mancrush is now in NYPD custody and is likely to be charged with assault. Possibly multiple other charges after an investigation is conducted. Hard to be home in a morning, I guess you'll have to suck off some other muppet at the airport you piece of trash.

Card Updated...Not just assault, Property Damage, refusing to leave when told by security to leave, If Rose loses, she'll probably sue for mental damages or something as she was so mentally shook, she walked back to the hotel.

McGregor doesn't give a fook about charges. Just adds to his face value. The man is bigger than MMA right now which is why Mayweather agreed to fight him in the 1st place. He could start his own promotion and fight any professional fighter, and there's a good chance they would sell more PPV's than the UFC head-to-head.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

McGregor doesn't give a fook about charges. Just adds to his face value. The man is bigger than MMA right now which is why Mayweather agreed to fight him in the 1st place. He could start his own promotion and fight any professional fighter, and there's a good chance they would sell more PPV's than the UFC head-to-head.

He's under contract to the UFC and wont be released. He cant fight anyone outside the UFC with out their permission until he is no longer under contract.

• Upvote 1

He's under contract to the UFC and wont be released. He cant fight anyone outside the UFC with out their permission until he is no longer under contract.

Well aware of this.

Just pointing out the fact that the UFC needs Conor more than he needs them.

It absolutely sucks if somebody has glass in their eye and shit like that. Terrible. I would bet that Conor will have sincere remorse for Chesia, Pettis, Borg (and his opponent).

Here's the thing though, all you American people chastising him... do you support your military? Do you get mad when people don't stand and do the pledge for the national anthem?

the U.S. military is likely responsible for more civilian/bystander casualties than any other country in the world. Like the U.S. military would say during a shooting of an innocent civilian in imaginary borders we created and deemed a 'war zone' ...

"shit happens"

I like Khabib's style. I like Conor's style. I can't blame either of them for what they did. Conor fucked up because the window broke which I highly doubt was intentional. Look forward to seeing them fight.

"Conor promoted UFC 223 more in 30 mins than the UFC did in 3 months"

that's a fact.

• Downvote 2

Well aware of this.

It absolutely sucks if somebody has glass in their eye and shit like that. Terrible. I would bet that Conor will have sincere remorse for Chesia, Pettis, Borg (and his opponent).

Here's the thing though, all you American people chastising him... do you support your military? Do you get mad when people don't stand and do the pledge for the national anthem?

the U.S. military is likely responsible for more civilian/bystander casualties than any other country in the world. Like the U.S. military would say during a shooting of an innocent civilian in imaginary borders we created and deemed a 'war zone' ...

"shit happens"

I like Khabib's style. I like Conor's style. I can't blame either of them for what they did. Conor fucked up because the window broke which I highly doubt was intentional. Look forward to seeing them fight.

that's a fact.

you trying to outdumb arlenbales?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

you trying to outdumb arlenbales?

a lot of facts.

I see a ton of people across a lot of platforms freaking out like Conor is a piece of shit.... false. Doesn't beat women. Didn't shank anybody. Didn't rape anybody. Imo was a fight promotion/save-face-retaliation PR stunt gone wrong. Possible WWE-shit.

as the military would say in this situation...

"shit happens"

is it unfortunate? yes. was it a mistake? yes. but it's not the worst thing that's ever happened and people are freaking out (or overreacting) based on their partiality towards McGregor / Khabib.

Referring to the people tripping about Khabib goin up to Artem. I'd have an issue with what Khabib did if he seen Artem in a hotel lobby and walked away, then came back with his crew to confront him, which isn't what happened. He probably did exactly what he expected to do when he seen Artem and that was confront him.

For those that don't understand either of the two's motive(s), you're probably a little soft-hearted.

• Downvote 3

Well aware of this.

"shit happens"

that's a fact.

What are you insanely rambling about? We're not talking about the military and politics, we're talking about an Irish asshole and his cronies terroristically attacking a bus full of innocent people and causing injuries and have cost at least a few fighters their pay checks.

The only thing Conor has promoted is that he is in asshole and has caused a ton negative press not only for himself but for all of MMA. Conor costing the event 25% of it's fights won't help sell shit. Do you really think people are going to go, "Oh, I have to buy this card to see Khabib beat Holloway so he can face McGregor at another event!"? Fuck no.

• Upvote 4

What are you insanely rambling about? We're not talking about the military and politics, we're talking about an Irish asshole and his cronies terroristically attacking a bus full of innocent people and causing injuries and have cost at least a few fighters their pay checks.

The only thing Conor has promoted is that he is in asshole and has caused a ton negative press not only for himself but for all of MMA. Conor costing the event 25% of it's fights won't help sell shit. Do you really think people are going to go, "Oh, I have to buy this card to see Khabib beat Holloway so he can face McGregor at another event!"? Fuck no.

100%

a ton of people who didn't even know there was a UFC event on will go out and watch it now and some will likely order it at home.

and we're not talking about a few hundred people here, we're talking a difference in at least the thousands.

and my point about the government and politics is to simply target the hypocritical people who support the military occupation of other countries but are tripping about McGregor throwing a fucking chair that broke a window. that's not nearly as extreme as what the government gets away with. 'collateral damage' and 'shit happens' applies here. people are happy and giddy Conor is facing charges and all that, but they'll defend the U.S. til they're blue in the face for the shit we pull on foreign soil.

does anybody replying yet have any reading comprehension?

Doesn't make it right.... once again... Conor was wrong. Conor made a mistake. but it wasn't that bad. that's my point. stop being a bunch of whiny little pussies about it. If you can't relate to both parties involved you've either lived a sheltered life, been fortunate enough to live with limited to no confrontation, or you're probably a pussy who's never been in or reacted to these situations before.

• Downvote 3

100%

a ton of people who didn't even know there was a UFC event on will go out and watch it now and some will likely order it at home.

and we're not talking about a few hundred people here, we're talking a difference in at least the thousands.

and my point about the government and politics is to simply target the hypocritical people who support the military occupation of other countries but are tripping about McGregor throwing a fucking chair that broke a window. that's not nearly as extreme as dropping a god damn drone strike on a village of 'terrorist' and taking out a bunch of women and children...

once again... Conor was wrong. Conor made a mistake. but it wasn't that bad. that's my point. stop being a bunch of whiny little pussies about it.

I don't see how comparing something as complicated as politics and military occupation to Conor being a dickhead is an argument. Are you saying that because something else is deemed more worse that the wrong that was done the person should be excused? If somebody murdered someone, we shouldn't be that upset at the criminal because there are worse things happening in the world?

A wrong is a wrong. Trying to past it off as "well it could have been worse" doesn't make it less offensive.

And this was going to be the biggest PPV of Khabib's career because it's a superfight. We didn't need Conor hampering like 6 people's careers to make more people buy it.

• Upvote 1

I don't see how comparing something as complicated as politics and military occupation to Conor being a dickhead is an argument. Are you saying that because something else is deemed more worse that the wrong that was done the person should be excused? If somebody murdered someone, we shouldn't be that upset at the criminal because there are worse things happening in the world?

A wrong is a wrong. Trying to past it off as "well it could have been worse" doesn't make it less offensive.

And this was going to be the biggest PPV of Khabib's career because it's a superfight. We didn't need Conor hampering like 6 people's careers to make more people buy it.

Human emotion is complicated.

War and politics are simple; power > geographical destabilization > money

I see people condemning Conor's actions when they would glorify greater tragedies.

and it very well could be a PR stunt gone wrong. that's pretty much full WWE if I ever seen it. You think this is a coincidence that they did it at a UFC event? and only after he was locked in on a bus?

"hit em wit da fookin chairs!"

a lot of facts.

I see a ton of people across a lot of platforms freaking out like Conor is a piece of shit.... false. Doesn't beat women. Didn't shank anybody. Didn't rape anybody. Imo was a fight promotion/save-face-retaliation PR stunt gone wrong. Possible WWE-shit.

as the military would say in this situation...

"shit happens"

is it unfortunate? yes. was it a mistake? yes. but it's not the worst thing that's ever happened and people are freaking out (or overreacting) based on their partiality towards McGregor / Khabib.

Referring to the people tripping about Khabib goin up to Artem. I'd have an issue with what Khabib did if he seen Artem in a hotel lobby and walked away, then came back with his crew to confront him, which isn't what happened. He probably did exactly what he expected to do when he seen Artem and that was confront him.

For those that don't understand either of the two's motive(s), you're probably a little soft-hearted.

How the fuck is Conor not a piece of shit? What kind of asinine comment is that and your justification that its a promotional stunt is just as absurd.

The dude is crazy and a complete piece of shit and went out there in anger and started throwing shit imo. Now if it was a stunt to garner attention then he knowingly threw an object at the van window without any regard for anyones safety. In your scenario he knew what he was going to do and he got people hurt. To me this scenario is even worse because you can cause a shit storm and not hurt anybody. 3 fights have been called off, 6 fighters have been directly affected all because of him.

Nobody is overreacting or soft hearted to what he did, he got people hurt, cost them money, and for some it might alter their career or even end it. Or is hurting people ok in your world? He didnt rape or shank anyone as if thats the only way he can be a piece of shit? Not its not the worst thing thats ever happened but that doesnt mean what he did doesnt make him a piece of shit and he deserves to serve some time and Im sure hes gonna shell put some serious coin.

How the fuck is Conor not a piece of shit? What kind of asinine comment is that and your justification that its a promotional stunt is just as absurd.

The dude is crazy and a complete piece of shit and went out there in anger and started throwing shit imo. Now if it was a stunt to garner attention then he knowingly threw an object at the van window without any regard for anyones safety. In your scenario he knew what he was going to do and he got people hurt. To me this scenario is even worse because you can cause a shit storm and not hurt anybody. 3 fights have been called off, 6 fighters have been directly affected all because of him.

Nobody is overreacting or soft hearted to what he did, he got people hurt, cost them money, and for some it might alter their career or even end it. Or is hurting people ok in your world? He didnt rape or shank anyone as if thats the only way he can be a piece of shit? Not its not the worst thing thats ever happened but that doesnt mean what he did doesnt make him a piece of shit and he deserves to serve some time and Im sure hes gonna shell put some serious coin.

well, 5 fighters, Artem was part of the mob, so the only thing Conor had to do with him was persuade him to join in.

I didn't realize I was in a forum of holier-than-thou saints.

I'm sure he didn't mean for the glass to break and shatter in people's eyes and shit. Just like I'm sure WWF didn't intend for Owen Hart to plummet to the ring or Kevin Nash to break Andre the Giants neck when he tried to powerbomb him. A lot of that was PR. If they were truly trying to catch Khabib and Ali they would of got them before the bus and not after.

Even if it wasn't, he still didn't intend to get any glass in anybody's eyes when he threw that shit. He was just angry and throwing a tantrum. Does he have a history of acting out and hurting random people for no reason? Does 1 action and mistake define him and his entire life as a human being or does it just mean he was being a fucking dumbass in the heat of the moment and emotions got the better of him?

if the glass don't break (or if nobody gets injured from it breaking), it's a great publicity stunt... a reckless one. but it would be effective from a business standpoint.

sorry, but ya'll are being fucking idiots sitting on a high horse. a lot of people are typing in an instant emotional response rather than trying to rationalize and possibly understand the reality of the situation. He made a stupid fucking decision. It happens. It aint like he ran up in there with a baseball bat or brass knuckles lol. PR stunt gone wrong but the UFC will thank him after the PPV because I have a feeling the numbers just went up a lot.

Never been in a similar situation, in some shape, way, or form? good for you.

• Downvote 1