Times have changed!?

Fuck it Rory. You think the forums are dying, and I think the forums are dying too, so let's liven this shit up a bit.

I'm a scrub, and you're a scrub, so let's duke it out to see who really is the King of the Scrubs!

I challenge ya to a 5v5 series, which will happen as soon as the proposed fights can happen, hopefully all on the same card. A quick look through our rosters, and these are some of the matchups I could find.

Heavyweight

Robert Baratheon

vs

Arnie Armstrong

( http://mmatycoon.com/scoutfight.php?fida=260708&fidb=258491 )

or

Bill Sykes

( http://mmatycoon.com/scoutfight.php?fida=260708&fidb=258524 )

Middleweight

O Shea Jackson

vs

Smash Williams

( http://mmatycoon.com/scoutfight.php?fida=268256&fidb=258494 )

or

Kaino Heikkinen

( http://mmatycoon.com/scoutfight.php?fida=268256&fidb=258743 )

Heavyweight (GONY 2 Fighters)

Bob Brophy

vs

Monte Zuma

( http://mmatycoon.com/scoutfight.php?fida=266467&fidb=266512 )

Lightweight (GONY 3 Fighters)

Dog The Multi Hunter

vs

Rudy Van Daly

( http://mmatycoon.com/scoutfight.php?fida=282624&fidb=282636 )

Light Heavyweight

John Brophy

vs

Tuco Salamanca

( http://mmatycoon.com/scoutfight.php?fida=268259&fidb=265857 )

RESERVE FIGHT (In case one of the above aren't good for you)

Davie Brophy

vs

Mac Donalds

( http://mmatycoon.com/scoutfight.php?fida=270055&fidb=266227 )

I'm just gonna take a look at the matchups now again, but I think I gave you an ID advantage in all of them (Except for maybe the 2 GONY fights, but they would be similar ID).

So what do ya say Rory? Up for a scrap?

Ok, I had a look at these match ups and most of them look pretty much perfect.

I accept:

1. Armstrong vs Baratheon (revenge shall be sweet)

2. Brophy vs Zuma

3. Multi Hunter vs Van Daly

4. Brophy vs Donalds

5. Jackson vs Heikkinnen

Brophy vs Salamanca does not appeal to me as I have solely concentrated on KT skills for him and will easily get taken down and lose if i accept. I will look for more match ups when i have a bit more time. but i accept those for now. lets move this to pm's to discuss where/when/who etc.

The moment you said that you duck all fights from JLP, we at Convicted knew you were BHP potential.

The BHP knew it wasn't just potential after Steel joined and promptly stomped numerous Convicted fighters into the ground. Better keep hoping he ducks you because otherwise your going down like McGregor.

The BHP knew it wasn't just potential after Steel joined and promptly stomped numerous Convicted fighters into the ground. Better keep hoping he ducks you because otherwise your going down like McGregor.

2-0 or 3-0 vs Peel. He's not a threat. The best fighter on his roster is named after me. Coincidence? My greatness prevails.

• Upvote 3

Careful flinging this 'greatness' call around. I've lost 6 out of my last 7 fights, my only victory, against you. So it turns out that it's actually my uselessness that prevails :)

Sensational - Sensational - Elite - Black

vs

Exceptional - Remarkable - Sensational - Brown

• Upvote 1

Sensational - Sensational - Elite - Black

vs

Exceptional - Remarkable - Sensational - Brown

Don't fight him in EVO then if you're gonna play that card. Either he's good enough to fight in the big 3 or he's not. If you sign to the UFC expect to fight elite fighters.

• Upvote 4

There are around 100 users per day on the app, who will no doubt be using the forums a lot less than the desktop users, which goes a long way to explaining the online numbers being higher but the forum activity not being as good. I doubt there is anything we can do about getting those people to use the forums, as it's not easy on a phone to get stuck in on a forum.

not asking for change, or anything, just pointing out the reality of mmatycoon and it's game-type.

the game is sooo slow. fights don't happen for weeks. it takes months, sometimes years, to come close to maxing out fighters. that's not gonna attract as much activity. faster game, faster fighter rollover, faster fighter progression, will equal more users. Just takes way too long for a new user to get established in this game. Takes way too long for a new user to come off the street and get a fighter in a top 10 org. It takes way too long for old managers to return and get their new batch of fighters ready to compete. This game has a very small window as far as potential customer base goes.

How many people play UFC / MMA video games when they come out? How many still consistently play a year or two later? Fighters are lasting 4 - 5 IRL years. Donny Donowitz has been around for 6 years, since 2010. He has 78 fights. People have pets that don't live as long as that. Fighters MAX lifespan should be 2-3 IRL years. They should be able to fight every two weeks, no problem. In that two weeks a fighter should be able to make a significant improvement during training (this has to apply to public gym guys as well, who virtually make zero progress in comparison).

In the example above, if Donny fought every two weeks since he was created, he'd have 144 fights by now... he should of been able to knock out those 78 fights in half the amount of time that it took him.

I would make max, 60 days = to 1 in game year. If fighter fights every two weeks, he can fight 4 times in game year. That should be the standard. If people go EPL style and fight every week, they're fighting 8 times an in game year.

idk, just my two cents.

• Upvote 5

I definitely agree with a lot of that. I'm only just now getting my fighters into the top ranks after playing the game for almost 3 years. That being said I love it the way it is but I can see how it really limits the userbase. Ultimately the decision rests with Mike and his vision for the game.

I will say its much more fun competing for the top top ranks in the game but there are ways relative noobies can have fun. One of the things that I did a lot of when I joined was take part in creation tournaments which was great because I could compete against other top(ish) managers without having to spend years training a fighter up. Anyone with a decent understanding of the game mechanics can be competitive in creation tournaments just like I was.

I definitely agree with a lot of that. I'm only just now getting my fighters into the top ranks after playing the game for almost 3 years. That being said I love it the way it is but I can see how it really limits the userbase. Ultimately the decision rests with Mike and his vision for the game.

I will say its much more fun competing for the top top ranks in the game but there are ways relative noobies can have fun. One of the things that I did a lot of when I joined was take part in creation tournaments which was great because I could compete against other top(ish) managers without having to spend years training a fighter up. Anyone with a decent understanding of the game mechanics can be competitive in creation tournaments just like I was.

That's if they come to the forums and are notified that those tournaments exist. I would bet that at the very least, 90% of people who join, or first sign up, never come to the forums. I'd bet that most of the people that join don't last longer than a week. A large chunk of people who join, make fighters, want to fight, only to realize they won't be fighting for a couple days (QFC) and weeks (orgs), never sign into the game again. I got lucky and went like 10-0 in my first 10 fights. If it would of been 0-4 to start off, or 0-6, I would of been like, "I waited 3 days for this shit?" and would of never gave it a second thought.

A new system and faster aging process, faster learning speed, it'd make the injury hidden way more important. It'd make careers more realistic. Dan Henderson has been fighting for almost 20 years. His record? 31-14. Wanderlei Silva, a little longer, 35-12. Rampage started fighting in 1999; 36-11.

I'm all in favor of an MMATycoon2 experiment, but I think the quicker game would be the better game and it'd greatly impact this one.

• Upvote 1

CK I couldn't agree more, I was just saying this same thing in the improvements section. Rebooting your roster is a drag. I built a buncha 260k guys & am just now learning half of them are duds at 22/23 yr old. So after a year + of IRL training just to get physicals & sprawl n brawl skills to sensational half my guys SHOULD get cut.

They haven't been yet because I just invested over a year into these fighters & can't talk myself into starting over an unknown quantities when I know a year from now they might end up being busts too. I think a lot more old managers would try again & actually stick around if we speed things up a bit

I can't say what I want to say on the forums anymore because bitches report me then PBR bans me.

• Downvote 1

Again it goes back to what Mike's vision of this game is. The pros to having a slow moving game like this is that it really makes the people who invest the time committed and they put a lot into the game and it ensures a fairly steady userbase. It is annoying spending years building a new fighter but when they are successful the payoff, if you will, is big. With a fast paced game as you suggest, yes I agree we would probably have more active managers but I believe you would lose some of the long-term commitment and turnover would be higher.

There are trade-offs for sure.

• Upvote 4

The only thing about a faster game is that if you go on holiday for 2 weeks, you can miss a big chunk of time in terms of fight time and training time.

If the training were sped up, it would have MUCH less of an impact than it does now. Guys who got inactive for weeks, are soooo far behind by the guys who were constant. It takes months and years to catch up with fighters in their ID range.

Well the problem isnt really the speed of the game. If you check out any other games the speed of the manager games are overall the same. The differences is two things you can really see from this game and other manager games.

When you start to play it you really dont have anything happening. When you register to the game and create your first fighter you have to wait about 3-4 days to get a fight. There is really nothing else happening at that period of time and you can say what ever you want but people just leave the game right there because they dont want to wait or they forget about it.

How can we change it? First of all the tutorial for this game is very weak. If you have recently joined the game or remember what it was you will understand what I am talking about. You get 1 message per day with so called tips. I think these are 4 messages you get in four days. Well its the same as the QFC fight goes not a lot of the people would stay and wait for these messages. I would recommend to make tutorial in one day or at least in two days but in the first part of the tutorial you should have fight or fights in tutorial to really show manager what this game is all about. At some point in the tutorial you should create your own fighter and fight then against some sort of game create build fighters like boxer or bjj guy. There should be about 3 fights like that so new manager understand what is what and how the game works with sliders and builds.

Second thing is I would recommend to have instant amateur fights for newly created fighters. These fights would not show any TOTT or any hidden stats like if you lose the fight your energy or morale would not change. The newly created fighter for example same as in the tutorial would have 2 fights one against stand up fighter and other against ground fighter and after the results of the fight you would be able to delete or keep your fighter based on the results what you saw in these fights. That would also keep manager more active at the start and they would not make all these weird builds where at some point their fighter is only losing and they leave the game.

• Upvote 6

Again it goes back to what Mike's vision of this game is. The pros to having a slow moving game like this is that it really makes the people who invest the time committed and they put a lot into the game and it ensures a fairly steady userbase. It is annoying spending years building a new fighter but when they are successful the payoff, if you will, is big. With a fast paced game as you suggest, yes I agree we would probably have more active managers but I believe you would lose some of the long-term commitment and turnover would be higher.

There are trade-offs for sure.

I actually think the opposite is true GWad, I think we'd have more of the old-time managers still here if this was already in place. I can't even begin to tell you how many managers I've seen say that they were going to fight out their current roster and then probably leave the game. And usually it isn't about them not getting enjoyment from fighting anymore, it's just a matter of not wanting to reboot their roster because of how long it takes.

Also I'm not sure if you were around for this but does anybody remember when there was a mass exodus from the game because tickers were introduced? Again that happened because it took guys so long to get elite fighters and then they had a heart attack when tickers started diminishing their skills. If it only took 8-9 months to build an elite fighter and get back into the Syn's/EVO's of the world do you think there would've been so many guys rage quitting? I certainly don't because it wouldn't have been nearly as long of a roster fix if these changes are implemented....

Okay here is another example, think about how many managers return to the game and then don't even last a year after coming back? Most managers come back and they try to create a couple guys they can fight w/ now and then pick up really shitty FA's because they have no manager rank but want to have SOME developed guys on their roster. Or guys like SHIV who have come back in the past and tried to spam qfc's and skirt the system by using QFC's to get a really high manager rank so he could get better FA's. Why do you think all of that happens?

It's because guys who have played this game and competed at an elite level, or close enough to an elite level want developed fighters that they can play with but they know that getting those kinda fighters is a 1.5+ yr process and they don't have the patience to go through that again when they've already gone through it numerous times. It's not that they don't like the game, if they didn't like it they'd never have come back in the first place. They come back because they miss the game and more than 50% of the time they don't last because the grind is just too long to get back to where they were before.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I've done the complete restart where I changed my entire roster. It's been 1,5y now and it's only now they are starting to "catch up" to where I was when I decided to start over again and they still have some ground to cover. I can tell you that I'm never going through that again and I absolutly love this game. At one point I will be forced to change out the team of fighters I have again but I will only do so one at a time, with some time inbetween. A complete restart is suicide.

• Upvote 1

I've done the complete restart where I changed my entire roster. It's been 1,5y now and it's only now they are starting to "catch up" to where I was when I decided to start over again and they still have some ground to cover. I can tell you that I'm never going through that again and I absolutly love this game. At one point I will be forced to change out the team of fighters I have again but I will only do so one at a time, with some time inbetween. A complete restart is suicide.

Yeah I love the game too and have played 6 years with no breaks, but honestly every single time I need a roster reboot I consider quitting. I've been lucky in the sense that the first time I overhauled my roster I had just created the ITFL tournament and was able to run a few seasons of that while my roster grew and managed to stick around. Then it was time for another reboot and I closed my ITFL org because I planned on quitting the game & was convinced to stick around in order to save Synchrocity. So that was another year or so that my roster was able to transition while I kept myself busy running an org. But if it had not been for ITFL and then dinooo/mega convincing me to buy Syn I would definitely be gone by now

I was one of those tragic noobs who quit the game once tickers were introduced. The first time I played I don't think I ever made anything other than 25 year old creations and didn't play that seriously. I attempted to get more seriously into the game at one point and even had a VIP account for a short amount of time and then tickers were introduced and it required a SHIT ton of micromanaging to even get any progress out of training (keep in mind I was also using 25 year olds) so I said fuck it and quit the game. My account went inactive and deleted and had to restart over years later when I decided to pick it up again. Luckily, I decided that if I ever took this game back up again I would have to take it seriously or not at all but the over-time investment is just not worth it otherwise. Hell, after the first week I almost decided to quit again because even making 25 year olds this game can start so slowly for you. I am glad I read the forums this time and got to know the game or I for sure would have quit. I think the message boards should be advertised a lot more on the actual game as well that or an overhaul of the NUG and tips etc. I learned way more from reading shit on here than the guides.

• Upvote 3