BetMMA.tips

BetMMA.tips is an MMA betting site that I set up in conjunction with the wisdom of crowds picks on MMA Tycoon.

Recently I have added an MMA Handicapper directory and I would really like as many people to get involved with that as possible. Your Tycoon login will also work on that site.

SO yeah, if you think you can make decent MMA picks / if you're any good at MMA betting, PLEASE head over there and have a go at being a tipster. If you do a good job, you'll be able to set your picks for sale for e.g. $10 and we'll facilitate people buying your picks, once we start publicising the site more and once I get an app up and running for the site. If we do get enough people doing it (50+), I believe it will bring in a lot of traffic and will really help promote Tycoon.

However, without people making picks, the site won't work, so I need some more people to step up.

Below is the guide on how to make picks. You can find more info on the .tips site itself.

Being an MMA Handicapper

You have the opportunity to place your MMA picks on all UFC fights, placing a unit bet from 0.1 to 11 units. Your profits will then be automatically logged and verified by us independently and coming soon, you'll be able to sell those picks to people, if you prove to be profitable in your handicapping!

About the Unit Betting System

It's pretty simple - units are used as a kind of currency. The more units you bet on something, the more confident you are in that pick. Only pick the fights that you're confident in and that you think offer good value.

If you are new to handicapping, picking loads of favorites will ultimately see you losing money. It will also mean you have a terrible ROI (return on investment), which will make you very unattractive to potential buyers. Buyers want you to make a limited amount of picks but when you do, you get them right and you make a significant profit.

1 unit is meant to equal 1% of a bettor's bank balance. So if you had $100 in your betting account 1 unit would be equal to $1.

Try it out with a couple of low unit bets if you are just testing the water.

• Upvote 3

Thanks guys, much appreciated :)

I know people would generally prefer I spend all my time programming the game but we need to have an organic form of advertising for Tycoon and this will, if enough people contribute and we make it work, bring a lot of eyeballs to our little group of sites.

I know people would generally prefer I spend all my time programming the game but we need to have an organic form of advertising for Tycoon and this will, if enough people contribute and we make it work, bring a lot of eyeballs to our little group of sites.

It also looks like a good way to learn more about fighters. I tend to be lazy in this respect, but now I'll be looking at researching them to get some accurate picks going so it gives me a chance to get to know a bigger variety of MMA fighters. I've always wanted to do this, now I'll have to :)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm worried about the WOC.

IS entering a prediction in WOC free?

Because i'm afraid of being banned from a country and really i don't know to much about those countries because i am a foreigner...

If it is free say to me yes or something because this site is pratically free,and also i'm stopping with the betting because of my fear...

Sorry if my english is realy bad :(

PS:

Here's my status before any misundertund:

WOC Rank: 597

Predictions: 77, Right: 45 (58%) Wrong: 32 (42%)
Predictions Per Event: 4.3 (Good)

Total Earnings:$ -14.55 (Rank: 611)
Earnings Per Fight: $-0.19 (Rank: 469)
Credits Earned: 2.48 (Can be cashed our for: 25 days VIP)

Você só tem a ganhar dinheiro neste jogo. Você nunca vai perder dinheiro , a menos que você paga com paypal no VIP tempo de jogo.

You just make in-game money. You can only lose real money if you pay with paypal for in-game VIP time.

Because i'm afraid of being banned from a country and really i don't know to much about those countries because i am a foreigner...

If it is free say to me yes or something because this site is pratically free,and also i'm stopping with the betting because of my fear...

Sorry if my english is realy bad :(

PS:

Here's my status before any misundertund:

WOC Rank: 597

Predictions: 77, Right: 45 (58%) Wrong: 32 (42%)

Predictions Per Event: 4.3 (Good)

Total Earnings:$ -14.55 (Rank: 611)

Earnings Per Fight: $-0.19 (Rank: 469)

Credits Earned: 2.48 (Can be cashed our for: 25 days VIP)

Is it free?

Ok I gave it a look and looks really interesting. Now tell me if I'm correct. If I buy tomorrow event for 3$, 7 hours before it starts I will be able to see ALL the bets that handicappers suggested. Right?

And even, If I want to buy for 5$ the predictions of a specific handicapper, what will give me access to? All his prediction forever? Or for how long?

Ok I gave it a look and looks really interesting. Now tell me if I'm correct. If I buy tomorrow event for 3$, 7 hours before it starts I will be able to see ALL the bets that handicappers suggested. Right?

And even, If I want to buy for 5$ the predictions of a specific handicapper, what will give me access to? All his prediction forever? Or for how long?

Unfortunately not :D

The $3 thing is left over from when we just had the widsom of crowds picks. Where are you seeing that (let me know the URL) cos I'll remove that.... I'm adding WOC picks to the regular directory as free picks now.

If you buy someone's picks for $5, you get them until the next event, so that can be 1 day or 14 days, depending how long it is till the next event.

I'll be making it so we have a page of the free bets, with everyone's picks displayed on one page. Then a note of if they have any paid bets too... Basically a more easy to understand format :)

Is there anyway to delete/edit a prop pick? I originally wanted to put 5 units on Ronda to win in R1, but it wasn't accepted due to the 3 unit limit. So I re-entered it but evidently didn't do it correctly as I've now got 3 on over 2.5 rounds, which has about as much chance of happening as me winning the ADCC championships this year. :/

Unfortunately not :D

The $3 thing is left over from when we just had the widsom of crowds picks. Where are you seeing that (let me know the URL) cos I'll remove that....

Was too good to be true!

The URL is this: http://www.betmma.tips/buy_credits.php

I'm adding WOC picks to the regular directory as free picks now.

I'll be making it so we have a page of the free bets, with everyone's picks displayed on one page. Then a note of if they have any paid bets too... Basically a more easy to understand format :)

These looks great Ideas.

Dropped back into the red after losing a prop/par on the Rousey fight. I had 5 units on Palelei/Bigfoot finishing under 1.5 rounds and Rousey finishing in the second.

Hopefully I can keep notching away little fights like Maia/Magny and not be too adventurous with too many fights and I'll be able to sneak back into the green.

Maia was a good call... A lot of people got on board with Magny cos of recent performances but this was a massive step up in opposition and a horrible style matchup.

There are no such thing as credits anymore so I'll get rid of that page all together and find all the links to it. Cheers!

Watching the tape I found it was an easy fight to call. Magny has never been able to keep it on the feet and he's not been taken down by some great double leg wrestlers. It's usually against the clinch and a body lock takedown. He's also been fairly easy to pass because he doesn't use his long legs to elevate the hips. I didn't expect a dominant Maia performance like that though. At the end of the day, Maia isn't great but the dude nearly destroyed Rory MacDonald not too long ago with his grappling.