Ascension's OFFICIAL SMACK TALK PAGE

ASCENSION 82 LONDON, ENGLAND WOMBLEY ARENA ATTENDANCE: 93,607

Greetings and salutations good people, I hope all of you are well. I flew in from Los Angeles and let me say the weather here is just a bit different! Los Angeles feels like someone turned on the oven and left it on overnight, but hey, that’s the way it is. Speaking of heat, the ten battles lined up for this event will definitely bring plenty of it!

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE: BARRY ALLEN (22-3-1) of the DIRTY OLD COCKSMEN versus DRAGON WARFIST (16-7-2) of THE BROKEN HALO PRIDE

All right folks, the first war on tap is between two excellent warriors! The champion, Allen, is rolling extremely well with a tremendous 10 fight win streak, definitely an indication that he has great momentum on his side! The majority of the wins have been by decision but there have also been 2 finishes amongst those wins so don’t underestimate the champ! A warrior with wild hair and one kick ass name, if I say so myself, Warfist faces quite the challenge in attempting to dethrone Allen, but he has earned the right to do so and definitely possesses the ability to do so! A self-admitted very slow learner, he makes up for his lack of fast learning with great energy, high aggression and painful, powerful punches!

Quite simply, Warfist will want to keep this fight standing if he wants the best chance to defeat Allen for the Light Heavyweight Title, and Allen will want to drag the slightly taller Warfist to the ground where his height works against him, plus Allen has shown to be very effective on the ground, whether it be controlling an opponent or finishing him!

Prediction: I have to go with the champ in this confrontation due to his massive win streak and momentum. I think he has enough ability to keep his chin tucked and head moving to avoid Warfist’s powerful punches. Allen by Unanimous Decision

SUPER HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE: ARVYDAS SABONIS (30-13) of THE BROKEN HALO PRIDE versus “THE AXMAN” BUSTER GRIMES (36-12) of the CAVEMEN’S ASSASSINS CULT

A battle tested champion and a rather intense individual, the man donning the same name as a well-known basketball player – in some parts of the world anyway – Sabonis puts the Super Heavyweight Title on the line and tests his great height advantage once again! Sabonis is ever dangerous because he can finish an opponent standing or on the ground, so Grimes had better be very ready for a tremendous scuffle! Grimes not only brings experience and a very respectable 6 fight win streak, but he also brings hard-hitting pain and punishment! Grimes doesn’t play it timid at all and despite his high risk, high reward approach, he has earned this title shot with no doubt! I honestly don’t think Grimes knows any other way of fighting other than to KO or be KO’d!

For the champ, though he has quite the height advantage, I actually look for him to try and drag this fight to the ground if his punches aren’t landing the way he likes. As referenced earlier, it’s unusual for such a big man to be skilled on the ground, but this is mixed martial arts where fights occur anywhere and everywhere, so being well-rounded only benefits the big man! For Grimes, it’s simple: Light Sabonis’ chin up as much as possible and look to cause the big man to tiiiiiimmmmmmbbbbbeeeeerrrrrr!

Prediction: I again have to roll with the champ for this battle due to his ability to finish this on the ground if and when the fight ends up going there. Sabonis by Submission in the 2nd Round

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT BATTLE: HARRY PUNANI (35-15) of GRABTHE.INFO versus DOOM UNIT (18-5) of the FINNFIGHTERS

Two of the more colorfully-named fighters in mixed martial arts, Punani versus Unit – and if I really want to be funny I can say this fight is about a Harry Unit, see what I did there? – step into the cage of judgment to battle it out! Punani has a great experience advantage over Unit, which seems to be the case for most adult films but that’s a different topic, but has a couple of recent struggles, though he won his last battle impressively, an indication the champ still has enough pop in his punches to be effective. 7 years younger, Unit also has punishing punches but as of late he’s been involved in in quite a few decision victories, an indication that he may be taking a more cautious approach and opting to control his opponent rather than go for the finish! Against Punani, which many of us love to do but again, that’s a different story, Unit may not want to try and go for the decision because Punani’s fists may be the difference maker in this battle.

Prediction: I’ll go with youthful exuberance in this battle and I think Unit will be able to keep himself out of harm’s way long enough to win. Unit by Majority Decision

SUPER HEAVYWEIGHT BATTLE: MARCUS “THE IMMORTAL” AVERY (14-4) of THE CORPORATION versus “BRUTAL” JOE BIGGS (14-6) of CHILDREN OF THE LAW OF ONE

Avery enters this battle against a very tall and very large man, so his work is cut out for him! He has been involved in enough varying types of battles to know what he’s capable of doing, but this will definitely be a stiff test. He may try to keep with the stick-and-move approach because it’s possible he’ll have the speed and agility advantage in this battle, and he’ll need it if he’s going to emerge victorious! Another highly unusual big man because of his tremendous ground skills, a behemoth of a man who also has a red belt in BJJ just isn’t very common at all, even in the mixed martial arts world, and to make matters worse? He has plenty of power in his fists as well! Quite simply, Biggs will look to keep Avery at a distance using his massive reach advantage, and should Avery get close enough for Biggs to lock him a clinch, look for the big man to do exactly that, drag this fight to the ground, and finish it there.

Prediction: I just can’t see Avery being able to bog-and-weave and stick-and-move long enough to avoid the punching prowess of Biggs, and Biggs’ reach advantage will also allow him to lock Avery into a clinch, take the fight to the ground, and finish it. Biggs by Submission in the 3rd Round

LIGHTWEIGHT BATTLE: “THE CHINESE DRAGON” JIE LIU (30-12-1) of EVOLUTION FIGHT CLAN versus YIN TAO (33-12) of TYCOON WORLD ORDER

Two very experienced Chinese fighters bring the Asian feel in this clash and this won’t disappoint! Liu has a propensity for frustrating his opponents by luring them into over-aggression that costs them positioning, allowing Liu to control them and continually do so to earn decision victories. Tao, however, is very similar in his approach to battle, and has no problem with being patient while controlling his opponent. Having two men with similar approaches boils down to strategy, and this will be more of a cerebral battle than most, so it will be interesting to see who’s willing to be the aggressor and who the counter-attacker.

Prediction: I’ll go with Liu simply because I’m a huge Bruce Lee fan and I like the background his picture is on. I know that’s a very simple approach but hey, I can do that. Liu by Unanimous Decision

SUPER HEAVYWEIGHT BATTLE: SAWYER “815” HUME (12-3) of the FIGHTERS FIRST ALLIANCE versus “TIM” TINY McGEE (29-17) of the COLD BLOODED KILLERS

Hume has established himself as a finisher of opponent’s, making him both difficult to battle as well as a crowd favorite! What makes this battle even more intense and interesting is that these two men locked horns on August 17, the result being McGee emerging victorious in the first round by unleashing brutal strikes and overwhelming Hume! Do you think that’s on Hume’s mind for this rubber match? Absolutely! McGee steps into this fight with a tremendous advantage in both experience and psychological advantage in my opinion, knowing full well he defeated Hume in the 1st Round on August 17 as I previously referenced. Although Hume is 8 years younger, McGee didn’t give Hume time to tap into that youthful energy advantage because he ended the fight quickly, which the crowd loves of course!

The bottom line of this battle is quite simple: Someone is going to get knocked the hell out! Who it is depends on who establishes their aggression and power first, plain and simple.

Prediction: I think the experience and psychological advantage McGee has in this fight will be the key to victory once again, but I don’t think it will be a 1st Round stoppage. McGee by KO in the 2nd Round

MIDDLWEIGHT BATTLE: “DUTCH DYNAMITE” WILCO VAN DUIJNHOVEN (21-8) of THE BROKEN HALO PRIDE versus YOSSI “THE ACCOUNTANT” AVITAN (26-6) of THE LEGION OF PAIN

“DD”, as I’ll call him, is stepping into battle after losing to Antonio Hong by a Superman Punch, so not only does he want to right the ship and not lose two in a row, but he’ll also want to make a better account of himself in the cage! His involvement in a lot of decision battles as of late is an indication that he doesn’t go for the knockout, rather choosing to be methodical in his approach while keeping himself protected as best as possible. Avitan will enjoy the height and weight advantage in this battle and that sits well with him, no doubt, as he prefers the standup game and looks to land vicious punches and kicks while keeping light on his feet! His reach advantage here will allow him to keep “DD” at a distance where he wants him to be, because “DD” will look to drag this fight to the ground where Avitan will be in trouble due to his height and “DD”’s ground skills.

Prediction: Avitan should be able to maintain his distance from Duijnhoven and prevent this fight from going to the ground. Avitan by Unanimous Decision

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT BATTLE: DOUG GRAVES (26-16) of the LEGION OF DOOM versus “BANG?” BANG BANG (35-19) of the LEGION OF DOOM

Ah yes, definitely my favorite type of fight is the inter-Alliance battle, and here we have it folks! Bragging rights and embarrassment at Alliance gatherings are on the line here as these two veterans face off in the cage. Graves is highly skilled on his feet and will probably do his best to keep the fight there where he’s most comfortable, though lately he has lost 2 fights trading strikes, so look for him to be a bit less aggressive and more accurate in his approach. Bang likes to do just that, bang – well hell, don’t we all!? – so look for him to do nothing differently than he’s done recently, despite his recent loss to Jules Winnfield – no relation to the Pulp Fiction character, or is there? – because that has worked for him! Bang calls himself a retard so I assume he means his IQ isn’t the highest, but it doesn’t take a lot of intelligence to land a knockout punch, and that’s something he does quite well.

Prediction: Though Graves is quite skilled in the standup game, Bang’s ability to do just that, bang, will be the difference maker here. Bang by KO in the 2nd Round

MIDDLWEIGHT BATTLE: CORMAC GUTZ (19-8-2) of the FINNFIGHTERS versus ROBERT “ICE CREAM” VAN WINKLE (28-13) of TEAM CONQUER

Gutz has had his share of struggles recently, dropping 2 fights in a row, so look for his aggression to be high and his fists flying, because he has the ability to stop Van Winkle with one solid shot to the chin at any point in time. If Gutz is too aggressive, however, Van Winkle has the ability to make that work against him so Gutz will have to keep that in mind. Van Winkle, who apparently is related to Rob Van Winkle, aka Vanilla Ice – but not the Vanilla “Ice” Cold in Tycoon; did you get all that? – has a very entertaining rap written in his biography so I can appreciate that. A 3 fight win streak is an indication that his confidence is high and his ground game is working for him. Look for Gutz to keep this fight standing as best as possible where he could melt Van Winkle with one jaw-crushing punch, and look for Van Winkle to take this fight to the ground as soon as possible and look for the aggressive finish!

Prediction: Van Winkle’s momentum as of late gives him the confidence to avoid being blasted by a brutal punch, allowing him to take Gutz to the ground for the finish. Van Winkle by Submission in the 3rd Round

HEAVYWEIGHT BATTLE: SEAVILLE BRI (27-15-2) of the LEGION OF DOOM versus CEDRIC “CONGO” MYTON (36-20-1)

Last but not least we have another very good battle of veterans of the cage as these two war-torn and tough-as-nails fighters clash! Both men have seen it all and have done it all, so there’ll be no surprises in this confrontation as I see it. Bri may choose to try and utilize his weight advantage to try and control the older Myton, be it in the clinch or on the ground, but Myton knows how to reverse the situation quickly and effectively, so Bri will have to be a bit more cautious than he may like. Having faced the same opponent for the third time in recent history, Myton will want to win this one to make everything even. A draw the first time and a loss the second time can’t sit well with the accomplished fighter, so look for Myton to really pour on the energy early in the fight in an effort to either catch Bri off guard or move ahead on the judges’ score cards then patiently control Bri as Bri tries to step up his level of aggression to try and even up the score.

Prediction: Bri’s mental advantage of having a previous win over Myton is the difference maker in an otherwise very even fight. Bri by Majority Decision

And that, ladies and gents, concludes another preview written by yours truly, Furious Styles. I very much appreciate you joining me as always and like yourselves, I look forward to these fights as they will help determine positioning within the weight divisions for future championship and contender battles. Take care, be well, and I’ll see you at the fights!

• Upvote 1

ASCENSION 84 OCTOBER 12, 2014 LOS ANGELES COLOSSUSEUM 93,607 ATTENDANCE

Hello ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, lovers and appreciators of violence and action! This is Furious Styles live in Los Angeles where the weather is toasty, the attitudes are roasty and the women are hot! As usual, Ascension has worked diligently to bring all of you a very exciting night of MMA action and this card is sure to not disappoint! So, without further ado, let's get down to business!

WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE: RICARDO “THE NEXT GENERATION” GRACIE (29-8-1) of EVOUTION FIGHT CLAN versus COOPER “KO FEDEX” ABREAU (21-4) of THE CONSORTIUM

After recently reclaiming the Welterweight Title from Gary Player, Gracie puts the title on the line against Abreau, who is currently on a 5 fight winning streak, so this battle will definitely be a test for the champ! Halting Abreau's momentum will be a big enough task in itself, but also keeping a close eye on his submission skills will be another. Gracie is obviously quite comfortable on the ground so that won't be a problem in terms of knowing what to do, but balancing aggression and attempts at control will be the key to his victory in this battle in my opinion. Gracie may even opt to fight on the outside to utilize his height advantage while looking to soften up Abreau while scoring vital points before looking to take this fight to the ground.

Prediction: A tough call to make here as both are skilled fighters, but it's hard to count out the momentum that Abreau has strung together. Abrea by Unanimous Decision

LIGHTWEIGHT BATTLE: YURY VESNEV (23-9) of the STEEL PENN ALLIANCE versus GERARD “EL TORO” ESQUEDA (28-13-2) of the LEGION OF DOOM

Having recently lost the Lightweight Championship to Mandazur, Esqueda will be looking to rebound and place himself in the title picture as soon as possible so he can lineup another shot at the title! He has great ground fighting ability so look for him to try and take advantage of that very fact. It's definitely a testament to his work ethic to have earned a red belt in BJJ. Vesnev has been involved in many decision battles as of late so he's used to taking fights the distance. He's likewise very comfortable fighting on the ground but will definitely have to be on point to avoid being locked into a painful submission hold by Esqueda! He should also prepare for Esqueda to mix up his attacks and try and keep the fight on its feet to take advantage of his height for this clash.

Prediction: I think Esqueda will be very aggressive taking this fight to the ground and keeping it there. Again, a red belt is nothing to sneeze at. Esqueda by Majority Decision

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT BATTLE: TYSON “THE TERROR” JACOBS (16-6-1) of TEAM CONQUER versus ERNIE ELS (24-10-2) of THE CONSORTIUM

This fight is quite even on paper and that makes things very interesting between these two accomplished warriors! Jacobs has been very effective fighting on the ground as of late so don't be surprised if he takes this same approach against Els. However, Jacobs does have some power in his fists and may opt to try and land some heavy punches early while he's fresh, so Els will need to be on the lookout for that. Immediately I think Els will have to be very wary of Jacobs' energy level due to him being 10 years younger. Els has been in enough fights to know what to do, but sometimes the aggression and energy of youth is difficult to overcome for even the most savvy veteran. Miguel Camacho snapped a 4 fight winning streak that Els was enjoying, so Els does have a bit more motivation in this fight than it may seem. He wants to prove that he's still a warrior to be respected despite him being near the end of his career.

Prediction: I'll have to go with youthful exuberance in this battle because they basically have the same fighting capabilities. Jacobs by Unanimous Decision

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT BATTLE: ROLEN SPLIFFS (57-19-2) of TEAM CONQUER versus TYRONE “CRACKED LIPS” BIGGUMS (47-19-2) of the LEGION OF PAIN

Ascension officials may want to drug test both of these combatants before they enter the cage to battle because damn, there may potentially be enough marijuana and crack to open a distribution house in the toughest or swankiest neighborhoods of Los Angeles! Actually I think I'd be more worried about the after party for the victor of this battle because both men are well aware they don't have too many fights left in them, and they're both very experienced in battle, so this will be a very interesting confrontation. Spliffs has quite the height advantage over Biggums so look for him to stay on the outside and stick-and-move to the best of his ability, utilizing his boxing skills and great hand speed to keep Biggum at bay. Whether or not he chooses to try and knock Biggums out is another story. If Biggums is scratching his neck a lot and has that looked craze in his eyes from Red Balls, then I don't think Spliffs will be able to knock him out!

Despite his recent victory, Biggums has struggled quite a bit as of late and that may lead him to be very aggressive as soon as the bell rings! I expect Biggums to try and counter-attack Spliffs' punches and look for the takedown using that strategy. Should he drag the taller man to the ground then Biggums should kick into his comfort zone on the ground and look to methodically slow Spliffs down enough to either control him for the attempt at victory that way, or maybe even try to ground-and-pound or tap him out.

Prediction: Honestly I think this boils down to Spliffs not smoking too much to where he's far too mellow, and Biggums not smoking too much to the point where he's overly hyped. However, I think Spliffs will pull this off because he's a Lakers fan and we are in LA. Hey, it's something right? Spliffs by KO in the 3rd Round

SUPER HEAVYWEIGHT BATTLE: JUAN “CHACAL” VELASQUEZ (19-7) of THE GOONIES versus MOHAMMED SHEIK ALLAH “ABU AL-SHARIF OBAMA” ALI BABA MOHAMMED (30-9-1) of the COLD BLOODED KILLERS

This is an unusual battle because of the height and weight discrepancy! Velasquez has a good amount of reach advantage in this battle while the man with too many names for me to keep up with, so I'll call him Mr. Moohammed, has a sizeable weight advantage. As I see it, this fight boils down to those two major factors: Can Velasquez use his speed and height to pepper Mr. Mohammed with punches and kicks while keeping him at bay, while also possibly getting a knockout, or will Mr. Mohammed be able to track down the sleeker Velasquez, pin him to the ground, and look to control him and possibly finish him there? Since both of these warriors like to be aggressive as possible at all times, I expect this fight to be brutal, bloody and ballistic! If there's not a knockout then I, along with numerous others, will be very disappointed.

Prediction: I think the Cuban Bomber will be able to keep Mr. Mohammed at a distance long enough to land that one clean shot for the knockout. Velasquez by KO in the 2nd Round

LIGHTWEIGHT BATTLE: MATT CHABALA (11-3-2) of TEAM CONQUER versus CHRIS “THE INVERSE MIDAS” HERZOG (39-24-3) of the COLD BLOODED KILLERS

Chabala has a major youth advantage heading into this fight so expect him to be very aggressive and keep the fight in tight quarters where he can take advantage of his sound boxing and Muay Thai skills. He can't simply throw caution to the wind against a veteran like Herzog because if he does, Herzog will definitely know when and where to strike or improve his positioning and situation, then it will be trouble for Chabala before he knows it. Herzog must survive the initial onslaught that Chabala is sure to unleash early in this fight! If Herzog is able to weather that storm, then he can operate calmly and smoothly because he'll know that Chabala can't flat-out finish him, and that will give the wily veteran confidence to proceed with accurate precision.

Chabala is accustomed to going the distance as has been demonstrated quite a bit as of late in his career, so keeping him controlled will be the biggest challenge for Herzog. Herzog is likewise comfortable in long, drawn-out battes, but I think the veteran will want to end the fight as early as possible, so look for him to lock in a submission as quickly as possible and hope it's enough to slow the much younger opponent down.

Prediction: Again I'll go with youth for this battle. As skilled and proven as Herzog is, it's just damn tough to overcome 16 years of life. Chabala by KO in the 3rd Round

HEAVYWEIGHT BATTLE: CLAUDIO ESPINOZA (31-20) of EVOLUTION FIGHT CLAN versus “BLACKADDER” CAIAPHAS CAINE (29-17-1) of THE EXILED

Caine is a highly skilled all-around fighter but his opponent has been in very many fights as well, so neither of these gentlemen will be able to surprise the other in the cage! Caine carries quite a height and weight advantage for this battle, so he may opt to keep this fight standing where he can use his reach and also lean his weight on Espinoza in the clinch, should that take place. Espinoza will have to rely upon his agility, speed, and footwork to keep himself out of harm's way from Caine's fists and feet, long enough to give himself a chance at a takedown. I would bet that Espinoza will look to counter-takedown the larger Caine in an effort to catch him off guard just long enough to position himself for control advantage on the ground. I'm not sure Espinoza would be able to finish Caine should he opt to try, and in trying he may give up positioning to the point where Caine reverses the tables and puts Espinoza in trouble.

Prediction: I think Caine has too much size and skill for Espinoza to drag this fight to the ground where he has his best chance of victory. Caine by Unanimous Decision

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT BATTLE: “THE ALABAMA ALPHA MALE” BOBBY LEE DANIELS (26-10-1) of the FINNFIGHTERS versus “MAELSTROM” MAESTER OCHU (21-10) of THE BROKEN HALO PRIDE

Daniels has dropped 3 fights in a row and that has to be a bit discouraging, even for an experienced fighter of his caliber and experience! I expect that frustration to cause Daniels to be more aggressive than normal in attempts to take this fight to the ground where he'll patiently control Ochu as best as possible while landing sporadic and painful ground-and-pound strikes. Very much like Daniels, Ochu has also lost 3 fights in a row, but he does possess great knockout power and thus, he can turn the tide of any battle in the blink of an eye! He's definitely skilled enough to be comfortable in any given situation, but I think Ochu will want to finish Daniels by ground-and-pound, and he'll be far more tenacious with that attempt. However, Daniels will have to be wary of Ochu's devastating punches because if one sneaks through his defenses, it could be a very short and very painful night for him.

Prediction: For some reason I think Ochu will be able to surprise Daniels with an unexpected and sudden punch that turns the lights out on this fight. Ochu by KO in the 3rd Round

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT BATTLE: KUNG LAO (23-12) of EVOLUTION FIGHT CLAN versus HJALMAR “KLASSE” KLASON (39-21) of TYCOON WORLD ORDER

Klason has proven that he still has quite a bit of pop in his punches despite him being 40 years old! That very fact means he's always in every fight, even when things aren't looking so good for him, so Lao will need to be on point with his head movement and punching defense, because if he isn't, he may very well find himself looking up at the arena lights will realizing he was dropped by Klason! Lao may take the counter-attack approach while keeping this fight standing, but I don't think he wants to stand against Klason for too long, because that could prove to be very risky! Personally I'll look for Lao to try counter-takedown attacks in an effort to drag this fight to the ground were he may be able to control the excellent veteran.

Prediction: Something tells me that Klason will find a way to seek out and wreak havoc on Lao's jaw, ending this fight a bit earlier than many expect. Klason by KO in the 2nd Round

MIDDLEWEIGHT BATTLE: SEYRAN “THE IQ WRESTLER” ZEYNALABDINOV (26-18-1) versus ANTONIO HONG (32-14)

And the final fight of the night occurs between two men with no association affiliation, which isn't all that common. I guess they feel the lone wolf approach works best for them so hey, why not? Mr. IQ, as I'll call him, obviously feels his intelligence is the difference maker in his fights, so we'll see if he's smart and able enough to use his height and weight advantage to keep Hong at a distance while earning vital points on the judges score cards. He does look a little down since he has lost 3 fights in a row, so if doesn't step into the cage feeling better about himself, his losses will expand by 1. Hong is highly skilled and his fists have some dynamite in them, so look for him to either be very aggressive in going for the knockout in the first round, or he may choose to counter-punch Mr. IQ and look to turn the lights out that way! He has won the last 4 out of 5 fights he's been in plus, let's be honest, the shirt he's wearing is just really freakin' cool!

Prediction: I have to go with KO power and the cool shirt to win this battle. Hong by KO in the 1st Round

Well ladies and gents, that concludes my preview of the tremendously exciting and very intriguing night of fights that Ascension has again lined up for your viewing pleasure! I have no doubt that there will be blood, pain, and a great deal of joy as well, so don't miss this night of action and if you're feeling lucky, try to predict the exact outcome of the fights to see how good you really are. This is Furious Styles signing off, and as always…I’ll see you….at the fights!

Yoshi245, I'm very sorry about that. Life had gotten a bit rough that week and took away much of my time.

Potter09: Thank you for the compliment and yes, I received my rewards lol

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13886670488313.png

Oscar "The Natural Born Killer" dos Santos

25 years old

205lbs

5-2

" Half the Light Heavyweight fighters in the Ascension division are boring bastards. I hardly even pay attention to their events any more, like come on Dragon Warfist's hair is probably the most entertaining thing in their LHW division... or maybe Miguel Camacho's mustache.

None of the guys in the division know how to be showmen like I am. When I walk towards the cage, my fans go mad, the arena goes wild... I raise the roof man. These guys, they have basically no personalities. Maybe some of these LHW fighters need to come to Umbrella 94 and see a real MMA star - Oscar dos Santos, future #1 LHW in the world! "

25 years old

205lbs

5-2

" Half the Light Heavyweight fighters in the Ascension division are boring bastards. I hardly even pay attention to their events any more, like come on Dragon Warfist's hair is probably the most entertaining thing in their LHW division... or maybe Miguel Camacho's mustache.

None of the guys in the division know how to be showmen like I am. When I walk towards the cage, my fans go mad, the arena goes wild... I raise the roof man. These guys, they have basically no personalities. Maybe some of these LHW fighters need to come to Umbrella 94 and see a real MMA star - Oscar dos Santos, future #1 LHW in the world! "

Who are you never heard of you ?

Im sure we have someone that would shut this guy up hey scott

25 years old

205lbs

5-2

" My comments weren't meant to be disrespectful towards the management team, I respect the management team at Ascension. Like I said, I don't get why their LHW fighters especially, just walk about the place like zombies saying nothing and just generally being boring.

The rumours might be true, I might have been offered a 6 figure contract by Ascension and there might be a couple more who have been trying to convince me to leave Umbrella Corporation but I'm happy where I am. They should focus their efforts in signing talent elsewhere. "

ASCENSION 85 LONDON, ENGLAND WOMBLEY ARENA ATTENDANCE: 93,607

Hello you crazy MMA fans, I hope all of you are well and ready for another very exciting and very telling Ascension night of action! As usual both Ascension and Kaiser have teamed up to ensure the fighters look good, well primarily before they enter the ring. After they enter the ring, well, that’s a different story. Without further ado, let’s get down to business!

MIDDLWEIGHT BATTLE: “DAREDEVIL” MATT MURDOCK (40-8) of CONVICTED INC. versus TOPI TAKALA (32-11-1) of the FINNFIGHTERS

We kick off the action with two very highly skilled, very highly accomplished warriors who have done it all, seen it all, and still do it all! Murdock steps into the cage of judgment with a height disadvantage, but this wily veteran is unfazed as he has battled other top-level talent with height advantages, so look for him to maintain his calm and cool demeanor no matter what Takala throws at him. Takala will more than likely stay on the outside and elect to punch with accuracy so he can keep Murdock at a distance where he can score points more easily and avoid being taken to the ground!

Takala has been involved in numerous decision battles so going the distance is nothing new to him whatsoever, but the skill level that Murdock possesses may influence to keep this fight standing. If Murdock is able to establish aggression and punishing strikes early then Takala will be in trouble often and early. Should he be able to withstand the early aggression from Murdock then Takala may be able to step up his level of striking accuracy to take this fight by points.

Prediction: Once again let me state the obvious: I never go against a fellow Convicted Inc. alliance member. Enough said. Murdock by 2nd Round KO

LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE: KARNAK “THE SHATTERER” MANDAZUR (36-8) of CONVICTED INC. versus YIN TAO (34-12) of TYCOON WORLD ORDER

The champion, Mandazur, puts his title on the line against another fighter who has proven himself over the course of his career! True to his nickname, Mandazur likes to enter battles with fists and feet flying with the full intention of ending the fight early and brutally, even at the cost of protecting himself from being blasted by opponent’s rib-cracking punching power. As he has shown, more opponents have tasted nasty and pulverizing defeat at his hands than they have done to him, so he’ll not change his approach to this contest!

Tao will need to rely on his foot and head movement to minimize Mandazur’s height advantage in this fight, but Tao is excellently skilled on his feet so I think he’ll be all right there. The question is if he can avoid having his chin cracked by an explosive punch, will he be able to get Mandazur to the mat to control the action there will softening him up for a possible submission? Tao knows he’ll need to be as sharp as he’s ever been to take the title from Mandazur’s waist, but he also knows if Mandazur underestimates him, that could prove to be a very costly mistake.

Prediction: Convicted Inc. alliance member involved, enough said. Mandazur by 3rd Round TKO

FEATHERWEIGHT BATTLE: JAMESON “GUINESS” CONNEMARA (19-3) of the STEEL PENN ALLIANCE versus SEBASTIEN “SNAKE OUT OF GOTHENBURG” LINNE (40-19)

From the get-go I say this fight is going to be a bitch for the 14 year older, far more experienced Linne because, quite honestly, Connemara may be able to simply smother Linne with pure aggression and energy! I’m in no way discounting the abilities of Linne because anyone who overlooks a fighter with that many fights under his belt is a fool, and I’m not fool…well, most of the time anyway. Connemara has overcome recent struggles to win 2 in a row so his confidence has returned to previous levels.

Linne has, quite amazingly, never been knocked out or tapped out, and that in itself is an incredible accomplishment! As many battles as he’s been involved in, the statistics for that must be astronomical, and fortunately for me I don’t have to calculate those because math is a 4-letter word to me. I think Linne’s best opportunity against Connemara is to counter-attack him methodically in an attempt to make him get out of position and open himself up to being taken to the mat where Linne has a chance to control him on the ground.

Prediction: I feel Connemara’s overall energy and aggression takes this fight, but he won’t be able to finish the extremely spirited and stubborn Linne. Connemara by Unanimous Decision

LIGHTWEIGHT BATTLE: BYRON “DECISION” NELSON (20-13) of THE CONSORTIUM versus DONNY “THE BEAR JEW” DONOWITZ (39-11) of EVOLUTION FIGHT CLAN

The man who wears a horned helmet to the cage, Donowitz, brings an experience factor to this battle that will definitely come in handy for this battle, as both men have begun to become inconsistent with wins and losses! Both men admit that their careers are winding down but that doesn’t mean they won’t go balls out in each battle they face. Donowitz has struggled a bit more than Nelson as of late, however, so that will be a factor that Donowitz will have in the back of his mind for this battle.

Nelson does bring a 2 fight win streak into this battle so he’s feeling good about himself and his chances, and he also understands that the chance this fight ends in a decision is like a kid going to the candy store and asking for something with chocolate in it! I don’t think he minds that at all and a victory is a victory, bottom line, even if it’s not brutal and bloody. Besides, when a man has a nickname of “Decision”, he has accepted that fact.

Prediction: Nelson’s recent success may be the only deciding factor in him having the confidence to control Donowitz enough to take this fight on the score cards. Nelson by Majority Decision

MIDDLEWEIGHT BATTLE: “THE TOKYO STRANGLER” KATSURO SATO (34-19) of EVOLUTION FIGHT CLAN versus CORMAC GUTZ (20-8-2) of the FINNFIGHTERS

Sato, like his nickname indicates, like to take fights to the ground where he looks to finish them by submission, though not necessarily by triangle choke. He does have quite a few more battles under his belt as compared to Gutz, so he may be able to pull off an “old man trick” that causes Gutz to either drop his guard or position himself precariously where Sato can strike, but I think that will be far easier said than done.

Fortunately for Gutz, he has shown a propensity for fighting on the ground quite a bit and he has obviously had success in doing so. When this fight goes to the ground, and it will, look for Gutz to possibly try a counter-reversal move to put himself into side control or full mount where he’ll rain down a nasty ground-and-pound ability that may cause Sato to tap out due to strikes, if he’s not knocked out first.

Prediction: I’ll go with youth over experience in this fight, plus I think Gutz has a chance of ending this via ground-and-pound. Gutz by 3rd Round TKO (Strikes)

WELTERWEIGHT BATTLE: M J “WARBIRD” SHAIN (37-26-2) of THE LEGION OF PAIN versus “SHAZAM!” BILL BATSON (36-14-2) of the LEGION OF DOOM

For this confrontation we have a battle of the Legions, so to speak, as both men are members of an alliance with “Legion” in their name, so this is a “Legion Pride” fight, if you will! Though only 1 year of age separates these two men, it’s very obvious that Shain really enjoys fighting…a lot! Don’t get me wrong, Batson has a lot of fights under his boots as well but Shain really has a lot, so this battle will be entertaining because it will boil down to the fight plan and execution.

There’ll be no overwhelming favorite here in this match as I see it. Don’t be surprised if one or both of these man attempts to make the other tap with an unexpected burst of energy and aggression while on the ground. They may try to lull the other into feeling comfortable and in control then boom, the tables turn and someone is in serious trouble.

Prediction: A difficult fight to predict from any perspective, I’ll take the more experienced warrior for this one, though by a very slim degree. Shain by Split Decision

FEATHERWEIGHT BATTLE: “THE TEXAS TARANTULA” AUSTIN WILLIAMS (25-9) of MILWAUKEE’S BEST versus JAMES POTKUKELKKA (25-16) of the FINNFIGHTERS

Potkukelkka, who I’ll call “Pot K” because that name has too many k’s for me to hang with, has shown he by far prefers to fight on the ground, and Williams should be comfortable with that situation should it arise! “Pot K” may have a bit of an advantage on the ground due to his BJJ training, but I don’t think he can only rely upon that. Heart and guts will be factors in this fight as well. For Williams, the choice to try to stick-and-move a bit while the fight is standing may prove to be beneficial in scoring points before going to the ground to test his abilities against “Pot K”. Williams has enjoyed a recent 2 fight win streak so the determination and confidence from those victories could very well be the x factors that carry him to a 3rd victory in a row.

Prediction: I think Williams’ confidence is high from his 2 recent victories and he’ll be a bit more determined than Potkukelkka to win this fight by decision. Williams by Majority Decision

SUPER HEAVYWEIGHT BATTLE: ARVYDAS SABONIS (30-14) of THE BROKEN HALO PRIDE versus MARCUS “THE IMMORTAL” AVERY (15-4) of the LORDS OF WAR

Despite being 8 years older than Avery, the skill and sheer intensity, brutality and blood lust that Sabonis possesses makes him a very difficult matchup for anyone in Tycoon! Yes, he has lost the last 2 fights he’s had by being overwhelmed by bone-crunching strikes, but that’s how he likes to fight. He also has a previous victory over Avery by armbar submission, so Avery will have to keep in mind that Sabonis isn’t afraid to take this fight to the ground where he can use his massive weight advantage.

Quite simply, Avery is going to have to be on his toes at all times so he can use his speed and agility to keep himself out of serious trouble! Stick-and-move is the name of the game for him in this battle as he has felt the power and punishment Sabonis is capable of carrying out. I don’t think Avery wants this fight to go to the ground so look for him to aggressively counter-attack in hopes of nailing that one brain-rattling punch that does Sabonis in!

Prediction: The previous victory Sabonis has over Avery sways my prediction here because I think Sabonis will be too confident, plus he’s pissed about losing his last 2 fights by knockout, so I expect him to be very aggressive. Sabonis by 2nd Round KO

FEATHERWEIGHT BATTLE: PAUL LUVI (16-4) of VENDETTA versus “TIGHT” MICROSCOPIC HUNT (29-17-3) of FIGHTERS FIRST ALLIANCE

For being the same age, the in-ring experience difference between these two men is quite large as Hunt has been in far more squabbles than Luvi. Taking nothing away from Luvi because he’s quite good, he’ll definitely have a tough fight on his hands. Speaking of hands, Luvi’s have proven to be very capable as his 2 fight win streak proves, so look for him to be very aggressive in the standup aspect of this fight. I don’t think he’ll want to have this fight to the ground because the experience factor sways to Hunt and puts Luvi in trouble.

Hunt has gone in the opposite direction of Luvi in terms of recent fights, losing 2 in a row, so he’ll want to halt that losing streak in this one! Aggression and early finishes are what Hunt goes for and I don’t see him altering that approach whatsoever against Luvi. He may choose to test Luvi’s chin early in this fight, if he can get a clean shot of course, and if Luvi holds up to the test then look for Hunt to try and drag this fight to the ground where he’ll look to finish by ground-and-pound first, then look for a submission later.

Prediction: I’ll again go with experience in this fight and honestly, I think Hunt looks a bit funny and I like seeing his expression when he wins. Hunt by 3rd Round TKO (Strikes)

FEATHERWEIGHT BATTLE: JIMMER OCTOPULUS (13-5-1) of the FINNFIGHTERS versus “DAREDEVIL” BAM JACKASS (25-12-1)

Jackass had a 4 fight win streak snapped by Austin Williams recently, so I wonder if they’ll trade dirty looks when Williams has his fight before Bam’s!? Bam looks a bit bummed out about that loss but he’ll have to lock in his focus against Octopulus, because Octopulus has done quite well for himself and has the ability to make Jackass pay for not being on top of his game. Simply put, Jackass goes all out in attempts to end fights early, and I don’t think he has any other speed quite honestly. Like Jackass, Octopulus also lost his most recent battle but honestly looks to have recovered from that better than Jackass has, and that will be a factor in this battle!

Add in the fact that he also likes to be very aggressive and maintain pressure on his opponent’s, and that adds up to someone being dropped in this fight. Since Jackass is taller, Octopulus will have to keep his head and body moving well to avoid the crushing strikes that Jackass still possesses. He may try to drag this fight to the mat for an attempted ground-and-pound finish as well.

Prediction: Since I picked Jackass last time and that didn’t work out so well, I’ll go with Octopulus for this fight because he should be able to take this fight to the ground where he may have a bit of an advantage. Octopulus by 3rd Round TKO (Strikes)

Well good people, that’s my time and the conclusion of this exciting night of fights preview! I appreciate you taking the time to join me as always and very much like you, I’ll be paying very close attention to what occurs between these warriors because the calendar year is drawing to a close and fighters want to end their year on a high note. Take care, be well, and I’ll see you at the fights.

enjoying the org pal first time iv had someone good enough and im doing ok with him won 5 of his last 6 and 3 in Ascension. He wants one final pus at the top can he get some one ranked higher than him for his next fight.