The story of NY Fight Nights

bjornmma1

The story of NY Fight Nights

http://www.wealthysinglemommy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/single-mom-in-new-york-city-skyline.jpg

On the 24th January 2014, after having played the game for about a month, I started a clothing shop with the help of my mentor Senzo. Some of you might remember the store, called Nippon Outfitters. It was a good experience and made me earn some money. We hosted custom skins for some managers, had a few of our own designs and did money laundry also. Nippon Outfitters was my first contact with being a ' business man' in the MMA Tycoon world.

At the beginning of the month September, I got contacted by someone who knew I was interested in owning an org. He told me there was a good opportunity for me. A manager , Morgan Lightning, was looking for someone to take over his org, because he was dealing with some issues and couldn't be online enough to run the org. I contacted him immediately and we discussed the possibility of me taking over the org. He knew I had no experience , but also noticed that I was very motivated and passionate about it. Morgan gave me the green light, and we swapped companies on the 13th of September 2014.

In the beginning it was hard for me. I knew that it would take me a lot of work and time to take good care of NYFN, but still, it wasn't easy. Luckily my mentor, alliance buddies and some befriended managers gave me advice. It was an absolute blessing to have these guys by my side at the early stages. Morgan had started a tournament and he asked me to continue it. The tournament was not going well at all and it gave me a big headache. I browsed the forum, messaged a lot of people etc. to find help, as it had become a very troublesome tournament. In the end, I was able to get it back on the rails and we were able to get a well-deserved tournament champion : Jon Snow .

We had a lot of fighters signed that belonged to inactive managers or even managers who didn't even play the game anymore. I released them and started building up the roster again. I tried to make sure that each division would be competitive and that we would be able to have a lot of fun fights. The number of message I send in that period must have been huge.. I contacted all decent unsigned fighters I possibly could. We have had some great new additions to the roster lately.

A fact is that there are a lot of good, friendly managers at NY Fight Nights, and they for sure have proven to be a huge asset to the org also. Them being loyal when a noob owner took over was a huge factor. I can't thank them enough for their trust.

Liam Davidson was our writer, but I knew he wanted to try some other things out and I spoke with him a lot. He now has his own clothing shop and works for Troid. He is a great guy and I wish him all the best.

I contacted a newer manager recently and he has become our new writer. Mickey Goldmill has been a great addition to our team.

I wanted to make sure that we also had event posters. John Mallon did some great posters for us in the beginning to help me. After I saw a post of Ali Zomba on the forum, I knew that he would be a great poster creator for us. He has been our artist ever since and has done a superb job. Some might think that adding a poster is just a detail, but to me, details make things great!

The logo of NYFN needed a bit of an upgrade and I contacted Agent Dee and asked him if he could make something for us. He came up with a stunning design for logo, banner and thumb. The org page has become 10 times prettier thanks to his work !

Last, but not least, JLP offered to become matchmaker at NY Fight Nights, and I was very happy with that. I was having a lot of work in both real life and MMA Tycoon and his message came at the perfect time. He has been great and it's a pleasure to work with such an excellent manager in my team!

After the 170lbs tournament was over, we decided to keep the fighters at our org and opened the division up under a 255k Id restriction to make sure that the tournament fighters fitted in well. We are still recruiting currently for that division, so message me if you have a fighter that wants in.

Since I love tournaments, I started a new tournament that is all about KO's . It's called the NY Fight Nights Big Apple Brawls tournament. It's a heavyweight creation tournament , and the first event takes place on New Year's Eve. 8 fighters are in te mix to become the best KO-artist. Some great managers are participating in it , and I look very much forward to those fights !

I hearby want to thank all managers who have been a big help for me and the org. For me, this has been a great experience so far, and I think the future of NY Fight Nights looks bright :)

• Upvote 9