Maybe I am bitter, and over-reacting but... (org related)

I think I am ready to give up Pulse. After telling me repeatedly that he was going to retire, and then going radio silent, Kimbo signed with CFC for what I can only imagine is an ungodly amount of cash, and now I am going to have to strip my HW title with neither Chuck or Kimbo giving me a heads up.

Additionally, CFC is going to make it impossible for other orgs to survive. He is already throwing around stupid cash. For instance, my guy Emilo Rojas (linked below) got a 350/65/65 contract to sign, and if guys with less than 200 avg hype/pop are getting that cash at CFC, noone else has a chance.

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=291131

I have no idea where the cash comes from, and his first two events easily lost multi millions of dollars given the fighter pay, and lack of revenue generated by it. Throw in a $10 mil to the winner tournament, and it's clear he has unlimited reserves with which to draw from. Gamma, Inferno, Syn, and Pulse have been coexisting just fine, but fighters are going to leave to go get paid by CFC, leaving us to fight over scraps, and we can't all make it.

I love running Pulse, think I have done a pretty good job with it, but this is not going to be fun. I might as well cash out as well. I may be acting a little quick and rash, but this upset me, probably more than it should have. If I am wrong, someone please feel free to tell me, but I would guess that the other top orgs feel the same way I do.

• Upvote 13

You know people can just trade VIP for money right? I use it when free agent farming drys up

Vip exhange or not , since when is it acceptable to poach other orgs' Champs ? I absolutely expected such a dick move from a cash whore, like Scrumbellos, but not an experienced org owner like Chuck.

Seems that a red line has been crossed. Yeah Chuck ,i know that you contacted several PPV org stars MID -CONTRACT !!!!!

Yeah guys , Chuck is messaging fighters contracted to Syn,ICS,Pulse and possibly GAMMA too, promising them millions of dollars in order to move to CFC.

Pulse, Syn, Gamma and Inferno co-existed peacefully ,without any shenanigans. I fully support Randal on this one .

• Upvote 6

Randall how I get cash is no secret, I plain and simple just buy it. My job pays me on average 30 extra hours of overtime(essential worker + Hazard pay) and this has been going on since Covid started (and I don't have an outside life at the moment with 2 small girls taking up so much of my time so any extra cash goes to Tycoon). Devin wanted to enter and has the GOAT HW and my tournament is for the big guys, he wanted to basically earn more cash before retirement.

As for my first 2 events, the first lost 1.3 and the other 1.6. But I over paid on purpose to get the desired results of making the top ten, its very hard to get guys to sign when you're ranked 37th or whatever it was. And I do over pay, but its the only way to compete with the big orgs, you know how tough it is to go against the big 3, and now your org has the best talent I think.

So end of the day I'm sorry your HW champ is retiring, but dont give up Pulse. You worked so hard getting there and you're one of the best org owners out there, your roster won't leave cause of how good you are and how good the org is.

And as for me contacting other fighters under contract, those orgs were all inactive(Jag, RFC, And Underground) and I made sure to include IF the org closes this is what I'm offering(like I'm sure every one of you wasn't doing the same). It never was a leave this org and ill pay you X amount of dollars. So whoever told you that was a liar.

• Upvote 7

Its not as much the sharing fighters, but if a fighter who is graduating from ID restricted knows he can get 500/100/100 from you, we dont stand a chance at ever adding to our rosters. I dont doubt my roster will stick around. But as they get older and retire I wont be able to add anyone without completely overpaying, and I dont plan on buying cash, though Im not sure I have an option.

As for Kimbo, Im more upset that he just didnt get back to me at all, then moved on without courtesy of telling me. Im also a little jealous I figure because I couldnt host a $10mil tourney if I wanted to.

I can just speak for myself, but I don't care about the money. I fight in Pulse because I like the way it's run. If it makes you able to offer more competitive contracts to other people, I'll accept 1/1/1 contracts for all of my fighters.

I'll keep signing fighters with Pulse as long as you keep running it. You're doing a great job.

• Upvote 12

Pulse is awesome.

I’m also happy to have Chuck and the money org for when I will need to get some serious cash, launder and exchange VIP.

Looks like Kimbo has done this to back-to-back orgs now.

Learned long ago that that tiny amount of hype lost due to stripping a champ was not a big deal.

We are good gents we are just going through another top 5 restructure and the dust will settle sooner than later.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And as for all of you working together and co existing, I know I helped start that. I was always sending fighters to ANYONE who needed it. If you guys don't have room for one more thats fine by me and I'll still make it without Super fight league.

The super fight league is not reserved for fixed organizations. This means that if two organizations (that are not owned by the same guy) have two fighters ranked in the top 100 compete against each other, the result contributes to the league table, so if you have any super fights, post them in the Super league thread.

It must suck to lose your champ, but it is not really Chuck's fault. If someone wants to take the "pay to win" approach, it is within the game rules and he signed someone on FA, which is also legal. What AlexManiatakos is saying (ie poaching fighters currently on contract), that is sleazy, do we have any evidence on that?

• Upvote 3

Randall how I get cash is no secret, I plain and simple just buy it. My job pays me on average 30 extra hours of overtime(essential worker + Hazard pay) and this has been going on since Covid started (and I don't have an outside life at the moment with 2 small girls taking up so much of my time so any extra cash goes to Tycoon).

Chuck trying to build Mike a golden toilet.

giphy.gif

to be fair to Chuck this is how I negotiate contracts with him

• Upvote 3

The super fight league is not reserved for fixed organizations. This means that if two organizations (that are not owned by the same guy) have two fighters ranked in the top 100 compete against each other, the result contributes to the league table, so if you have any super fights, post them in the Super league thread.

It must suck to lose your champ, but it is not really Chuck's fault. If someone wants to take the "pay to win" approach, it is within the game rules and he signed someone on FA, which is also legal. What AlexManiatakos is saying (ie poaching fighters currently on contract), that is sleazy, do we have any evidence on that?

Yeah, Im more upset at Devin that there was no communication than I am at Chuck in that regard. But that just kind of triggered my reaction to some of the contract offers being made, and how its going to effect things in the long run. Just comes down to how mad am I going to be watching everyone I offer contracts to go to CFC, and am I better off just cashing in my chips now and SA i myself the aggravation

Alex where is your proof ? I'd love to see it cause I've never contacted anyone in any of the big orgs about a contract with CFC. Either show proof or take that down. Only guys I've ever talked to were from RFC, JAG, and Underground, and all were inactive and seemed like there was no coming back, anything else is a lie and just seems like you're trying to hurt CFC. So PLEASE show your proof.

• Upvote 2

As long as no actual poaching of contracted fighters happens, its honestly just fair game. Yeah it'll make it a lot harder for the other top orgs if a new big contender pops up propped up by Saudi oil money - but that's just like the real world too.

I for one will always choose where to take my fighters based on factors entirely unrelated to the cash and Pulse / ICS are my two favourites at the top currently.

You've done a great job running Pulse, as I've told you before and I would hate to see it shut down or even fall into anyone else's hands.

• Upvote 6

Newly created fighters are coming in with 4700 P4P ranking. That's a good max threshold for how many active fighters there are total. I'm going to round down with all these numbers when possible to make it seem a little less drastic.

Population of ID restricted orgs:

330K = 200 fighters (2 orgs)

340K = 400 fighters (4 orgs)

350K = 1050 fighters (7 orgs)

360K = 650 fighters (6 orgs)

ID org page: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65119&page=1

Then you have a grappling org (140 fighters) and two KT orgs (200+ fighters)

That's 2,640 fighters off the 5,000 fighter pool. We won't take into consideration inactive managers. Anything you can think of that extends this active fighter pool, there's more that can actually diminish it like sparbots. In reality, this number is a very generous number imo.

Approximately 2,360 fighters left over for the unrestricted market. Let's say people settle for 20 fighters per division.

Perspective for unrestricted ID market:

8 divisions (135, 145, 155, 170, 185, 205, 265, 265+)

20 fighters per division = 160 fighters / 120 fighters if eliminate 265+ and 135

http://www.mmatycoon.com/rankingsfightorgs.php

There's 19 active-ish ID orgs, 1 grappling org, 2 KT orgs. 23 non-unrestricted orgs.

Give or take 27 unrestricted orgs out there to compete for a generously inflated 2360 fighters, leaves each of em around 87 fighters per org. Say there's only 20 active unrestricted orgs, would put each at 118 fighters if split equally. 14.75 fighters per division. not really viable. orgs are gonna sink.

idk what this means. I always tell everybody that unrestricted is a really tough market. best chance to survive it is come from ID org and keep loyal managers from start to unrestricted or pay to play in a sense of pissing tycoon cash away on contracts, how you acquire it is irrelevant, tycoon money needs spent to try lure fighters over. btw these numbers are probably really generous considering the amount of sparbots, inactivity, and unofficially retired fighters.

• Upvote 6

i don't think the top managers choose an org for their fighter based on money offered to be honest, surely everyone is loaded and has more cash than they can spend. i believe if you run a good org, such as Pulse, Gamma, Syn e.t.c then the top fighters will still come! i can only speak for myself but i can not remember the last time i chose an org over another based on money offered.

• Upvote 2

It is a concern for me at Inferno as well. But it’s more a case of sustainability, retirements and spar bots mean the pool dwindles with time. Money makes it difficult, competition is fine but profitability is required for orgs to survive and provide options for players. In my experience? Chuck would be among the first to admit he’s in business to be among the best, no matter the financial cost to himself or in some cases others. A lot of unrestricted fighters want that one last big pay day before hanging it up.

But he’s probably the only one as it stands who can give average mid card fighters hundreds of thousands in bonuses.

My aim is to provide a good environment, good pay and also make it worth my while in the work I put in to be profitable most events as well, mainly because running an org takes serious commitment to stay on top of things. I never thought #1 was in the cards.

• Upvote 1

Its not as much the sharing fighters, but if a fighter who is graduating from ID restricted knows he can get 500/100/100 from you, we dont stand a chance at ever adding to our rosters. I dont doubt my roster will stick around. But as they get older and retire I wont be able to add anyone without completely overpaying, and I dont plan on buying cash, though Im not sure I have an option.

As for Kimbo, Im more upset that he just didnt get back to me at all, then moved on without courtesy of telling me. Im also a little jealous I figure because I couldnt host a $10mil tourney if I wanted to.

Yes we can mate =]

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Like others have said, money is way down the list of reasons I sign with an org. Realistically it’s not on the list at all.

1) Good org owner

2) Good competition in the division

3) Good writeups, maybe? Good logo?!?

20) Getting paid enough for my fighter to train at my private gym

Not on the list) Getting loadsa money!!

What am I going to spend it on? VIP days, when I already have years? Avatars, when I already have more than I can use in years? Giving to random noobs in game? <- actually quite fun..

• Upvote 9

I will generally, as well as I can, spread my fighters around the orgs. Give everyone at least a little love. I think I got 4 at SYN, 3 at Inferno, 2 at Pulse, 3 at CFC (2 of those came over from Panda Fights) and 1 at GAMMA. As others have said money on a contract makes no difference to where my fighters will go. I know I got at least 1 dude on a 1/1/1.

You get to a point in this game where all you do with money is invest. Sponsors, orgs, tourneys etc etc. I'm at that stage and still have 'too much'.

• Upvote 3

+1

AlexManiacakos has been online staring at this thread for hours now.

Where is the evidence? Otherwise you owe Chuck a sincere apology.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4