5 Newbie tips fron Stoneballer Jack

Here are a few things i wish i knew before .

1. You should really only start with 18 yr olds or 25 yrs old.

18 year olds for the sake they can learn and 25 year olds cause they have training points available.

2. On Wiki help it says you should train a bit into BJJ before entering your first competition.

3.Once a manager gives money to a fighter he cant get it back. It stays with the fighter.

4. You can only open one business without it costing you VIP days weekly to run the 2nd business.

5. 18 yr olds need a couple weeks of training before their debut fight

Im sure I'll have more tips to post as I learn them, good luck in the ring everyone

• Upvote 3

18 year olds for the sake they can learn and 25 year olds cause they have training points available.

2. On Wiki help it says you should train a bit into BJJ before entering your first competition.

3.Once a manager gives money to a fighter he cant get it back. It stays with the fighter.

4. You can only open one business without it costing you VIP days weekly to run the 2nd business.

Im sure I'll have more tips to post as I learn them, good luck in the ring everyone

You can be successful with no BJJ

18 yr olds need months of training to be competitive.

daa1dab4bebbb8acef24966998aff2e9.jpg

The problem with that advice in a vacuum is that a newbie has no concept of what to look for in the TOTT

good rolls in the TOTT

Granite chin

Solid chin

Good chin

KO Power

Heavy Hands

Big Right Hand

Lethal high kicks

Might work out

Determined

Big Heart

Kill it with fire

Everything else

because I'm a 7 year old nooby, how do I know?

Lol not every fighter needs to be a home run. That build would require extensive slider knowledge, a reach advantage, and on the heavy side to work + a lot of luck to work it isn't an "instasack".

Grappler in MMA without confidence? SACK

Without at least moderate heart? Even TWGC? Or great heart if low chin? SACK.

A high intelligence & high experience no chin, no confidence, no heart, no power grappler combo can work in lower weight divisions. As long as you avoid KO power and use heavy aggression to win points.

It really can't.

See, the reason cheesing is so important at lower weights is because the damage output doesn't match the durability. Every single top fighter has at least a solid chin and decent heart.

What you're proposing is some kind of fainting goat that would run in, throw a bunch of flappy garbage and then get melted by anyone with the slightest idea of how to scout fights.

Lol not every fighter needs to be a home run. That build would require extensive slider knowledge, a reach advantage, and on the heavy side to work + a lot of luck to work it isn't an "instasack".

Nobody said anything about 'home runs', just weeding out the garbage. Durability is super important. If your fighter doesn't have a certain baseline of durability, he's just gonna fail you. Keep in mind that you're literally investing years into each crop of fighters, so advicing people to keep cans isn't just disingenuous, it's an outright waste of their time.

I don't know how to say this nicely, so I'm not going to: you're pulling this out of your ass because you want it to be true. Take it from someone who's been one of the top ranked managers in the game since 2010 or so.

• Upvote 2

At ID level you can dominate with a fast learner and total shit hiddens, can get lucky and not get exposed for quite some time. once get out of ID you're in the shark tank.

there is a minimum amount of heart you want if your chin is shit or you're gonna get starched frequently.

Still, many people decide to play the iron man mode and keep every fighter ever created. Props to those that do that. I'm too much of a sore loser not to swing for homeruns against these people I consider my inferiors.

• Upvote 3

Lol pulling it out of my ass. I wasn't necessarily talking out of "ID". My strategy could work in ID for sure, but like you said, that lack of heart and confidence will catch up to him if that niche fighter eventually made it in a PPV org. However, making enough money to pay for the public gym and clothes to keep up morale was the context of my point. Nevertheless though, I have noticed in the game engine that Intelligence and Experience has more impact on matchups than most people give it credit for.

Disclaimer* this would not work in a PPV org.

Lol pulling it out of my ass. I wasn't necessarily talking out of "ID". My strategy could work in ID for sure, but like you said, that lack of heart and confidence will catch up to him if that niche fighter eventually made it in a PPV org. However, making enough money to pay for the public gym and clothes to keep up morale was the context of my point. Nevertheless though, I have noticed in the game engine that Intelligence and Experience has more impact on matchups than most people give it credit for.

Disclaimer* this would not work in a PPV org.

Begging in the street will "pay for a public gym and clothes", but that doesn't make it a strategy I'd recommend to anyone.

• Upvote 1

Begging in the street will "pay for a public gym and clothes", but that doesn't make it a strategy I'd recommend to anyone.

:dancing: :hehe: You got me, but remember many new fighters quick because of lack of money. At least for me, it takes me sacking 10 project fighters to find one keeper. It is easier to find an intelligent fighter and make him a heavy control GNP grappler and gamble avoiding the power shots than it is to find a Pekka for example.

Intelligence is great for finishing a fighter when they're hurt, and not getting reversed when you go for subs. I think it's also the easiest hidden to work around only occassionally biting you in the ass when you hurt a fighter with big heart who decides to turn into the Punchmaster on you, or you go for a sub in side control or mount and get reversed. but more often than not it's the rocking an opponent and them recovering impact of low IQ.

• Upvote 1

:dancing: :hehe: You got me, but remember many new fighters quick because of lack of money. At least for me, it takes me sacking 10 project fighters to find one keeper. It is easier to find an intelligent fighter and make him a heavy control GNP grappler and gamble avoiding the power shots than it is to find a Pekka for example.

That's fine, but tbh I'd rather recommend people to hold out for fighters that won't burn them long term. It's incredibly frustrating to invest 2 RL years into a chronic underperformer.

Most experienced managers have more money than we can conceivably ever use anyways, so I'd recommend people to actually ask for a hand out so they can train properly. I've given out probably 50 million over the years to people who've asked, as I don't need it anyways.

Yeah, but 18 year olds won't make much money anyway, not anytime soon.

Also, you need to say the B to the A - keeping a lot of fighters to see who sticks and who doesn't leads to a lot of cutting the next time a big ID range comes around because inferior hiddens fighters stop being competitive and the next replacement opportunity won't be coming any time soon.

And it's not just about cutting the obvious weaklings like this guy http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=361383 or this guy http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=361634, but also about doubting oneself if one should really keep guys like this https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=361577 or this https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=361069 or this https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=361364 ... and that's not an easy thing to do.

because I'm a 7 year old nooby, how do I know?

This http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48564 is the topic I tend to refer to. It's mostly a longer version of what Mannetosen posted though.