Clinch issues

JLP

clinch issues  

325 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be easier to enter and exit the clinch?

2. 2. Should knee accuracy and damage be increased?

• Accuracy needs a bump
    • Damage needs a bump
    • Both damage and accuracy need a bump
    • Neither needs a bump
  3. 3. Should elbow accuracy and damage be increased?

• Accuracy needs a bump
    • Damage needs a bump
    • Both damage and accuracy need a bump
    • Neither needs a bump

Damage of knees to the head should increase. I mean what the fuck, in some fights the fight stats are just driving me mad - where the hell did you saw a guy take 40 knees to the head, 70 to the body, and stay standing?

Also, KNEES TO THE THIGHS! We really need this! This would open up hundreds of new strategy's, especially against dominating GnP wrestlers. We could go to the clinch, and have a high accuracy weapon (knees to the thigh) that would wear our opponent's legs down, so it would be hard for him to go for a takedown... :)

I hear what you're saying, but it's a sim game. People don't usually take 100+ leg kicks in real MMA either.

• Upvote 1

I hear what you're saying, but it's a sim game. People don't usually take 100+ leg kicks in real MMA either.

You know, if you put up a weiner against a high level guy, which sometimes happens here, i think in 3, well, okay, 5 rounds he could take 100 leg kicks. If we also count those "distractive" leg kicks, that are not thrown with lots of power behind them, it can really happen :)

Try it out in the gym yourself - if a newbie comes to the gym, just work a bit with him and leg kick him. Since he doesn't know how to check a kick, all you have to do is just reach him - then the kick lands. And in 15 minutes (3x5 minutes rounds) I bet you'll land at least 70-80 if you're gonna look for them. Think of that your "sliders" have been set to 70 percent leg kick :D

Or, he will be already passed out, since you'll see he's not checking, then you'll throw in a couple power leg kicks, and he will ask you to stop :)

I also think aggressive clinch attempts should be much more successful than counter clinch attempts for two reasons.

First, it's easier to get the clinch if you bum rush someone and get their back against the cage or if you actually have them backed to the cage and then enter the clinch. Honestly, I can't even think of a time when I've seen a true counter clinch. They're mostly fighters aggressively pushing forward into it in real life.

Also, countering is the easiest way to clinch or takedown and it's the least risky. It makes using aggression useless in this game when going for those two things because it's low risk high reward, while aggression is high risk low reward. There needs to be some balance. So if you go for an aggressive clinch, you'll land in clinch more often but risk taking a hard shot that could end the fight. If you go for a counter clinch, you have less success getting it, but at the same time you don't risk eating punches trying to enter it.

So my two reasons are it's more realistic to use aggression to clinch and it will create more of a balance between accuracy and aggression.

• Upvote 1

Knees are overpowered already.

I just gotta take a look at Castor's career's fights - just gotta find a fight where Castor lost because of knees!!! Good, good, let the butthurt flow through you :D

Knees to the body at HW are really overpowered but knees to the head seem to do not much damage, it should be just like a headkick. Same way a takedown is pretty much like a headkick with the energy it saps off you.

I am also saying slight increase in breaking the clinch, ability to break the clinch should be based on clinchwork. If you have wonderful clinch vs someone with an elite clinch, your chances shouldn't be as high, same way its not very easy to get up from takedowns without a ref stand up.

1) Exits need to be easier.

2) Accuracy for knees does need a bump, but their damage to the gas tank should go down. Knees to the legs need introducing too. As it is, knee acc/damage in the clinch feels like it's permanently locked at about 80% damage on the damage:accuracy slider for regular stand up, same applies for elbows.

3) Accuracy for elbows also needs a bump but the cut rate should drop a bit.

I agree clinch should be easier to get then a takedown, so getting into the clinch needs a boost. I have never had a problem breaking clinch, but I wouldn't have a problem boosting that a little. As for knees and elbows I think they work great as is. The last slider change to let us pick between knees and elbows was a huge add. I do like the sound of knees to the legs.

I am just not seeing were there is a problem landing knees or elbows or with the damage they cause. But that is just me.

I am very happy with the fight game right now, my opinion changes should be more focused toward the other aspects of the game. Retired fighters doing seminars in our gyms and corner men, I feel these should be the first changes added before more fight engine changes or sliders added.

I think we need to pay a little more attention to the knees to the legs, i dont know how hard it would be to add it but that would be extremely useful.

Also, i was wondering... shoulder strikes in the clinch come up very frequently in the pbp but is it just flavor text?

Flavor text for head strike/punch

In real life it seems like there are two kinds of clinch: the judo or wrestling clinch, for takedowns, and the boxing or Muay Thai clinch. The boxing clinch is used to stifle a striker, while the Muay Thai clinch is more to set up strikes. Is there any way to represent this within the constraints of the game?

In real life it seems like there are two kinds of clinch: the judo or wrestling clinch, for takedowns, and the boxing or Muay Thai clinch. The boxing clinch is used to stifle a striker, while the Muay Thai clinch is more to set up strikes. Is there any way to represent this within the constraints of the game?

Agreed.

Maybe positions within the clinch, like on the ground?

Yeah and stick positions etc. Great idea mate. The Thai plum should be harder to get for a wrestler/boxer but mt makes the difference whereas over/under or single collar favours the boxer and wrestler

Is it possible to make striking from the clinch much more effective immediately after entering and striking from the distance much easier immediately after breaking? Because that scramble is where most damage in the clinch is dealt barring a huge skill advantage on one side.

• Upvote 1

Well, these results are entirely unhelpful :D

Most people think something should be done but there is no consensus in terms of what.

Clinch positions, and the Stick Position thing as on the ground.

Positions:

Over Under (the usual clinch)

Thai Plumb (++knees, ++elbows, +uppercuts)

Double Underhook (++ takedowns, ++ takedown defense - strikes)

Belly to Back (++ takedowns, + punches)

Clinch positions, and the Stick Position thing as on the ground.

Positions:

Over Under (the usual clinch)

Thai Plumb (++knees, ++elbows, +uppercuts)

Double Underhook (++ takedowns, ++ takedown defense - strikes)

Belly to Back (++ takedowns, + punches)

What about single collar (++punches and ++ knees to body ++ trip takedowns)

Is it possible to make striking from the clinch much more effective immediately after entering and striking from the distance much easier immediately after breaking? Because that scramble is where most damage in the clinch is dealt barring a huge skill advantage on one side.

I honestly think this combined with easier breaking/entering and more frequent ref breaks would fix the clinch game all by itself.

• Upvote 1

Instead of adding all this stuff that would take Mike 3 years to code we need to focus on what does and doesnt need a bump, but like Mike said,all the votes are led by people saying "this doesnt need a change"

That's not true at all. 40 people voted that it should be easier to exit and or enter the clinch with 22 saying no. 42 people voted that knee accuracy and or damage needed increased to 20 no votes and 41 voted that elbow accuracy and or damage needed increased to 21 no votes. The yes votes have just all been split up into 3 different categories so the majority have actually voted that there needs to be a change, they just can't agree on which change is needed.

And Mike never said the votes leaned towards not needing a change. He said the votes leaned towards needing a change but having no consensus on what change.

• Upvote 1

In each area,more people voted stating they want no change,if the people who want a change cannot agree on what it should be and the lion share 30+% say dont change anything then what would you do? Not change anything. It was inconclusive, thats all the vote proved,we all disagree. We Just have to get all our clinchwork skill up and forget this and deal with something else. I Apologize JLP because i was with you on this but the vote destroyed your idea