Jon Jones test positive for steriods

PBR

From UFC website

The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Jon Jones of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an in-competition sample collected following his weigh-in on July 28, 2017.

USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of this case involving Jones, as it relates to the UFC Anti-Doping Policy and future UFC participation. Under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full and fair legal process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed. The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) also retains jurisdiction over this matter as the sample collection was performed the day before Jones’ bout at UFC 214 in Anaheim, CA, and USADA will work to ensure that the CSAC has the necessary information to determine its proper judgment of Jones’ potential anti-doping violation.

Additional information will be provided at the appropriate time as the process moves forward.

From TMZ

Jon Jones has tested positive for steroids in his UFC 214 victory over Daniel Cormier, and he has been stripped of his title ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Our sources tell us ... Jones tested positive for Turinabol -- an anabolic steroid.

Jones won the July 29 fight -- taking the UFC light heavyweight belt from Cormier with a savage head kick followed by a barrage of punishing punches to Cormier's head.

The title now goes back to Cormier.

It's the second time Jones has failed a USADA drug test. He tested positive for banned substances in 2016 before UFC 200 and was pulled from the main event. Jones got socked with a 1 year ban.

We're told this time around, he could be banned for up to 4 years.

Jones had blamed his previous failed test on a male enhancement pill. He claimed he didn't realize the pill contained a banned substance and insisted he was NOT trying to gain a competitive edge.

If the test results hold up, it's unclear how he'll explain his way out of this one.

• Upvote 3

Seriously? That is soul crushing! This mofo is one of the most gifted guys I have ever seen. The attributes and style he brings to the table are outstanding. But should this be true ...... then I have no pity for him .... seriously. Then he would have pissed away (literally, in this case) enough chances for two careers.

I totally hope that this is a hoax.

70% in UFC and even more in MMA uses something illegal so I am not shocked at all. If anyone really believes these dumb tainted supplement stories you dont know much about how the sport works. Thats why you have managers they do it all for you. They find these "tainted supplements" so if you get cought you can blame it to that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

He tested clean 2 days before the weigh in why would he take steroids when the fight is 3 days away? there would not even be a benefit from that

Its a lot complicated than that. They use stuff and they also use stuff to hide stuff and stuff to hide stuff their body is full of it. They have the best doctors behind them who are paid well trying to counter punch the USADA every day but time to time they dont calculate stuff or they are behind in something and they get caught.

They use stuff and they also use stuff to hide stuff and stuff to hide stuff their body is full of it. They have the best doctors behind them who are paid well trying to counter punch the USADA every day but time to time they dont calculate stuff or they are behind in something and they get caught.

The word you are looking for is "masking agent". And it is not even all that refined. At least not necessarily. Many resort to diuretics, for example. That is stuff, that makes you piss more (flushing stuff out, essentially and diluting the density of any sketchy substances in the urine). However, they do test for the most masking agents as well. Diuretics are the fifth most common finding in positive doping testing (since diuretics themselves are obviously banned).

What exactly was Jones popped for? And is there any word out about the levels that were revealed? I would google that stuff myself, but I am basically with one foot out of the door.

The word you are looking for is "masking agent". And it is not even all that refined. At least not necessarily. Many resort to diuretics, for example. That is stuff, that makes you piss more (flushing stuff out, essentially and diluting the density of any sketchy substances in the urine). However, they do test for the most masking agents as well. Diuretics are the fifth most common finding in positive doping testing (since diuretics themselves are obviously banned).

What exactly was Jones popped for? And is there any word out about the levels that were revealed? I would google that stuff myself, but I am basically with one foot out of the door.

Turinabol

Man if this isn't bogus or a BS conspiracy as Karter was saying then that's just pitiful on Jones' part. He is literally the best in the business without steroids and he's using steroids to get an edge. Who knows, maybe he's been using all along and that's why he was so good to begin with...

"He's pissed because he knows I'm the alpha..." That statement is total horseshit now. If you need to roid up to be the "alpha" then I have some news for you: You ain't the alpha, you're just a scared ass beta male like all the rest using steroids just so that they can brag and boast and talk shit.

• Upvote 1