A Milestone for MMA Tycoon - 6000 active users!

Great to see that we have over 6000 active users playing MMA Tycoon! :thumbup:

We've seen an increase in the amount of active managers in recent times and hopefully it'll continue to increase. I remember seeing the active users number stuck around about 5500 or so a couple of months ago so it's great to have seen the active user number increase to over 6000.

Want to help us grow? Start threads about MMA Tycoon in forums you use (maybe there might be a few people on the forum who play MMA Tycoon?), like the Facebook page and get involved in the discussions/ like our posts, follow the Twitter account and retweet our tweets, +1 and follow our Google+ page and +1 our posts. All of these things will help get MMA Tycoon out there.

I want to thank everyone here for making MMA Tycoon what it is today. Each and every member on theses forums help out and I've seen an increase in the amount of users on these forums in the past couple of months. More users means that there'll be more discussion and that can only help this place become better.

Finally, thanks to Mike Tycoon who constantly tries to improve the game and always takes on board our suggestions regarding the game. I think we're fortunate to have someone who cares about the game he owns because I'm sure there's a lot of game owners out there who take a far less hands on approach in regards to game development and probably don't care as much about their game as Mike does.

Here's to the future, hopefully we'll continue to grow and get stronger! :training2:

• Upvote 9

I hope the numbers will continue to grow so we can hit the 10.000 mark, as we did around when i started playing.

Something tells me that number was artificially inflated.

'Bout to hit my one year anniversary on the site. It takes me a while to pick up on things though and I feel like I've accomplished very little in that time. I do feel I'm starting to figure out most things at this point though and I've even picked up some wins against top managers in the game. Gives me the confidence to continue and grow here.

I don't use facebook or tweeter but I do tell people about the site often.

yeah, but many of those were multi's. Shit, I had damn near 5 accounts before I knew it was frowned upon and that was on the low end. Quite a few managers had double digit accounts...When I first started we were close to 10K at one point, then "multigate" happened and it plummeted to like 5k....how many have been around long enough to remember the server crashing? I think I still have one of Manny's "I Survived the Server Crash Shirts"...That's when I found out how much I was addicted to this game..couldn't log on for like 2 days and damn was I missing it

I can't believe I didn't discover this game sooner. I guess it's because there were other fantasy MMA games that were occupying my time. Too bad I didn't find mmatycoon first because it is so much better than any of the other ones! It's safe to say I'm a lifetime mmatycoon member now. Even though the game can be extremely frustrating at times I couldn't imagine quitting I'm hopelessly addicted!

how many have been around long enough to remember the server crashing? I think I still have one of Manny's "I Survived the Server Crash Shirts"...That's when I found out how much I was addicted to this game..couldn't log on for like 2 days and damn was I missing it

Same here, I was freaking out when I couldn't log in for those few days.

I hit my 3 years in March.

One of the things I remember fondly from early days was scouring the high street for a gym that was best value for money! 200 bucks to find something decent but it was full, so you would check back constantly to see if someone had left or got booted so you could steal that spot. Was well exciting man!

maybe you won't believe but what made me leave this game was the fighters' avatars.

The fact that I couldn't give a specific face to my fighter ( but a random one) brought me to think that the game close the doors to creativity.

Now,thanks to the VIP trial,I've given my fighter a face more close to what I got in my mind of him by selecting a pic from the fighters gallery...at least!

Apart from that,I think MMA Tycoon is the best mma browser game up to now.

yeah, but many of those were multi's. Shit, I had damn near 5 accounts before I knew it was frowned upon and that was on the low end. Quite a few managers had double digit accounts...

Sorry, heading slightly off-topic...

How did you come to the conclusion initially that having multiple accounts was okay? Isn't it a standard rule in just about every online sports sim? Therefore the default assumption would be that it was cheating?

Secondly, you know it's not just "frowned upon", right? ;)

Just curious really. I've never played any online sim, other than this, where there was any multi problem to my knowledge. I know Mike is hugely dedicated to the game, but I really doubt he's the only game owner who managed to tackle this problem.

Some games don't care. Some allow you to link to your other accounts and stuff. I dunno whether I made it super explicit in the first place so I can see how people would have thought it was OK very early doors but I make it fairly clear quite early that I didn't want people multi-ing. Anyway, I think when we deleted them all we went down to just under 6k.

Thanks to everyone who's played along the years and welcome back to the guys who have returned lately. In terms of continuing to build numbers, we're looking at making the whole site appear as a facebook app (kind of like what iamplyr does), just in a big iframe window. If that's allowed hopefully that'll bring some numbers in. Longer term we'll be doing an android app too.

• Upvote 6

I can't believe I didn't discover this game sooner. I guess it's because there were other fantasy MMA games that were occupying my time. Too bad I didn't find mmatycoon first because it is so much better than any of the other ones! It's safe to say I'm a lifetime mmatycoon member now. Even though the game can be extremely frustrating at times I couldn't imagine quitting I'm hopelessly addicted!

Similar situation... in August (not sure the exact date) it will be 2 years for me.... wish I had found this digital crack earlier... I would probably still suck but I would have at least known some of the old school legends first hand instead of in wistful remembrances.