Make my MMA debut Saturday!

skull

Good luck mate, how is the hand doing?

speaking of that... what kind of treatment / method you go through for recovering?

I haven't been to a doctor yet but I'm pretty sure I fractured my index finger knuckle, or some type of bone in that area, because it's been hurting for almost two months. not swollen anymore but definitely painful.

was hoping it was just sprain or bruise but longer I go on about it, feel like it was broken or fractured and is healing incorrectly.

Good luck mate, how is the hand doing?

speaking of that... what kind of treatment / method you go through for recovering?

I haven't been to a doctor yet but I'm pretty sure I fractured my index finger knuckle, or some type of bone in that area, because it's been hurting for almost two months. not swollen anymore but definitely painful.

was hoping it was just sprain or bruise but longer I go on about it, feel like it was broken or fractured and is healing incorrectly.

They reset it and put a pin in. Once I got the cast off and pin out it took nearly two weeks of doing the rehab exercises be for i could even close my hand. It's still a little sore and almost had full range of motion again. I can hit pads fine but still have to go a little light on the heavy bag. It really hasn't given me too much trouble with grappling though. My grip was weaker in that hand at first but now it's not a problem. Definitely don't wanna go threw it again.

They reset it and put a pin in. Once I got the cast off and pin out it took nearly two weeks of doing the rehab exercises be for i could even close my hand. It's still a little sore and almost had full range of motion again. I can hit pads fine but still have to go a little light on the heavy bag. It really hasn't given me too much trouble with grappling though. My grip was weaker in that hand at first but now it's not a problem. Definitely don't wanna go threw it again.

not what I wanted to read lol....

5'9

160 lbs

been eating and not working out as much though. hand injury kind of shelf me for few weeks.

If I fought it'd be at 145. if I eat clean and do cardio a few times a week I get down to 153 really easily. I used to be able to get down to 145-147 ish when I was 20-21 but I put back on a lot more muscle.

h.s. football days was almost 170 though. good ole supersized dbl qtr pounder w cheese meals.

lol dam i am skinny i am a lil over 6 foot i weigh 139 pounds

Bro that's way too skinny for your height!

I'm like 5'11'' and 145 lbs. And I've not worked out in forever. When I was in good shape I was 170 lbs and once I stopped working out my appetite went out the window and weight dropped back to 145-150 within a year. I usually fluctuate 145-150.

I'm starting back now though.

We both need to get on the protein and weights haha :training2:

5"8 155lbs about 9% body fat. Should be around 160 when wrestling season kicks off, likely going 152 this year. But when I fight I'm either eyeing 45 or 55 depending on how heavy i am at the time

155 local would be fine but if wanted to get super serious career wise with it you need to drop to 145. A lot of camps will tell you 135 and some jackasses or idiots out there might even suggest 125.

Crap, i was hoping it would not be that serious, i sure hope it wont stop you from getting the belt. Did you do any scouting of the next opponent?

155 local would be fine but if wanted to get super serious career wise with it you need to drop to 145. A lot of camps will tell you 135 and some jackasses or idiots out there might even suggest 125.

125 would be absurd, right now 135 would be hard beut doable but I'm also still bulking up. By I'm 18 (februrary) I'm likely going to weigh somewhere in the 160s so that's no longer going to work. At the moment 45 is the goal but if I put on too much weight I'll head up to 55

125 would be absurd, right now 135 would be hard beut doable but I'm also still bulking up. By I'm 18 (februrary) I'm likely going to weigh somewhere in the 160s so that's no longer going to work. At the moment 45 is the goal but if I put on too much weight I'll head up to 55

UFC guys are cutting 20-30 lbs.. some even close to 40.

It's nuts. and I suspect it's really unhealthy long term.

UFC guys are cutting 20-30 lbs.. some even close to 40.

It's nuts. and I suspect it's really unhealthy long term.

I don't think cutting weight is that "unhealthy" but the way you cut weight can be. Many UFC guys for example are cutting weight last minute within 1 week of their fight and dehydrating themselves, wearing sweatsuits and spending hours in the sauna, doing ice baths and crazy shit to lose the 20-30 lbs and all while taking in minimal liquids just to keep them barely alive. That is crazy, unhealthy and stupid all at the same time.

I think there are better ways to cut the weight if you give yourself enough time and do it in as healthy a way as possible.

I don't think cutting weight is that "unhealthy" but the way you cut weight can be. Many UFC guys for example are cutting weight last minute within 1 week of their fight and dehydrating themselves, wearing sweatsuits and spending hours in the sauna, doing ice baths and crazy shit to lose the 20-30 lbs and all while taking in minimal liquids just to keep them barely alive. That is crazy, unhealthy and stupid all at the same time.

I think there are better ways to cut the weight if you give yourself enough time and do it in as healthy a way as possible.

They do it that way so that once they weigh in they regain their weight by fluid giving them an advantage, anyone can lose weight the right way but they want maximum gains post weigh in

yeah obviously. not healthy to dehydrate yourself like that.

Id say the average is 15-20. Most bantamweights walk around in the high 140s to low 150s.

I would agree with that average. I guarantee there's still those guys that are cutting 30+

I think most of the (ridiculous) weight cutting is done LW - LHW from dudes who have more weight to cut from.

I would agree with that average. I guarantee there's still those guys that are cutting 30+

I think most of the (ridiculous) weight cutting is done LW - LHW from dudes who have more weight to cut from.

There's definetly guys that cut over 30...but those guys all end up having to move up in weight later in their careers. Hendricks, Rumble, Dos Anjos...long term it never works out