UFC P4P Rankings - What do you think?

Rei

The entire argument is just speculation and opinion.

McGregor has fought one wrestler in his entire UFC career in two of the most wrestler heavy divisions the UFC has. The one he fought was Mendes on short notice. I think between him, his management and the UFC, they have steered McGregor away from wrestlers. Hard to blame them, everyone got paid.

I also think there is a $ amount that would get him in the ring with Khabib when he finishes his sabbatical. McGregor doesnt lose selling power when he loses, so its not as big a deal as it would have been before he established himself.

• Upvote 2

Because his only truly elite wins are Aldo and Alvarez. Mendes too if you can count it, but the fact it was short notice may've played a part. Going 1-1 with a guy that barely cracks the 155 top 10 is not the least bit impressive. I don't hate McGregor at all (have to like him since I'm Irish), and have actually been a big fan of his since his debut but I can't justify putting him any higher on the list. The guy hasn't fought in 500+ days too. Conor never had any plans of defending the 145 strap for fear of Frankie (although he'd beat Frankie now 2/3 years on), and never had any plans on defending the 155 either for fear of Khabib (or even Tony). This much is clear to anyone with open eyes.

In short, McGregor is a fantastic fighter but does not have a better resume than those I placed above him, is not active enough & has clearly ducked opposition in an almost Bisping-like fashion. "He doesn't have to defend, hes so rich etc. etc." is all well and true, but it does nothing to push him up the P4P ladder.

The fact you just said conor feared Frankie and Khabib makes your whole post ridiculous. He's a fucking MMA fighter. Fear plays no part in it. He got rocked and choked out by Nate Diaz, fought him again at the same weight. He didn't fear that but he feared little frankie and one dimensional Khabib? Please.

Now let's pretend you didn't say that. McGregor has only fought two elite fighters and everyone above him has fought more? Only elite fighter DC ever fought was Jon Jones. He didn't win either of those. Who has DJ fought Lmao? Who has Khabib fought that's elite? Who has Tony beat that's elite? Stipe? Lmao come on dude. How many elite fighters as Robert beat? Who has Max beat? Jose Aldo? Same elite McGregor beat, and McGregor beat Max but he's still below max?

Your list is a joke if the only reason for those rankings are based on who each of them have fought, because the truth is Conor fought elite fighters at multiple weight classes, how does that not count for something in a "pound for pound" ranking? And to claim that an MMA fighter that accepts every fight he's ever been offered, including dangerous fighters on short notice (Dustin, Chad when apparently wrestling is his weakness, and he accepted that fight after tearing his ACL and doing barely any training, Nate on short notice, then went for the rematch).

Only a few types of people I hate when it comes to MMA. Those McGregor fan boys that think he's the GOAT and can beat anyone. Those that hate him and hate on him for no reason other than just because, and those that sit behind a keyboard and take the piss by claiming a fighter is scared. Bullshit.

• Downvote 3

The entire argument is just speculation and opinion.

McGregor has fought one wrestler in his entire UFC career in two of the most wrestler heavy divisions the UFC has. The one he fought was Mendes on short notice. I think between him, his management and the UFC, they have steered McGregor away from wrestlers. Hard to blame them, everyone got paid.

I also think there is a $ amount that would get him in the ring with Khabib when he finishes his sabbatical. McGregor doesnt lose selling power when he loses, so its not as big a deal as it would have been before he established himself.

Fought one wrestler? He's fought plenty more than one wrestler. Maybe not all elite. But there was Chad and Eddie. And plenty of other lesser wrestlers that still outclassed McGregor in that department.

Because his only truly elite wins are Aldo and Alvarez. Mendes too if you can count it, but the fact it was short notice may've played a part. Going 1-1 with a guy that barely cracks the 155 top 10 is not the least bit impressive. I don't hate McGregor at all (have to like him since I'm Irish), and have actually been a big fan of his since his debut but I can't justify putting him any higher on the list. The guy hasn't fought in 500+ days too. Conor never had any plans of defending the 145 strap for fear of Frankie (although he'd beat Frankie now 2/3 years on), and never had any plans on defending the 155 either for fear of Khabib (or even Tony). This much is clear to anyone with open eyes.

In short, McGregor is a fantastic fighter but does not have a better resume than those I placed above him, is not active enough & has clearly ducked opposition in an almost Bisping-like fashion. "He doesn't have to defend, hes so rich etc. etc." is all well and true, but it does nothing to push him up the P4P ladder.

And you also talk about activity while having JJ as your #1.

In the last 4 years JJ has had 4 fights, Khabib has had 4 fights. Conor's had 8. Aldo regularly went 1-2 years without fighting due to injuries etc. Plenty of other champions have too. Only since they started handing out interim titles have people been having a whinge about it. Over the last few years Conor has been one of the most active fighters in the UFC, and nows he's on a break, just had a son, planning to get married, had a huge pay day, everyone is just constantly crying about him not defending or ducking. It's a joke.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have both JJ and DJ above McGregor and CM in 3rd, but to post a list like that and claim it's based on elite fighters beat and activity. Come on man.

• Downvote 3

Fought on wrestler? He's fought plenty more than one wrestler. Maybe not all elite. But there was Chad and Eddie. And plenty of other laser wrestlers that still outclassed McGregor in that department.

Name all these wrestlers he fought in the UFC then.

He fought one wrestler in the UFC. Alvarez can wrestle when he wants to, but he's at his best striking. Other then that probably the best wrestler he fought was shopworn lay and pray Siver. He was definitely steered away from good wrestlers in his UFC career.

• Upvote 1

The fact you just said conor feared Frankie and Khabib makes your whole post ridiculous. He's a fucking MMA fighter. Fear plays no part in it. He got rocked and choked out by Nate Diaz, fought him again at the same weight. He didn't fear that but he feared little frankie and one dimensional Khabib? Please.

Now let's pretend you didn't say that. McGregor has only fought two elite fighters and everyone above him has fought more? Only elite fighter DC ever fought was Jon Jones. He didn't win either of those. Who has DJ fought Lmao? Who has Khabib fought that's elite? Who has Tony beat that's elite? Stipe? Lmao come on dude. How many elite fighters as Robert beat? Who has Max beat? Jose Aldo? Same elite McGregor beat, and McGregor beat Max but he's still below max?

Your list is a joke if the only reason for those rankings are based on who each of them have fought, because the truth is Conor fought elite fighters at multiple weight classes, how does that not count for something in a "pound for pound" ranking? And to claim that an MMA fighter that accepts every fight he's ever been offered, including dangerous fighters on short notice (Dustin, Chad when apparently wrestling is his weakness, and he accepted that fight after tearing his ACL and doing barely any training, Nate on short notice, then went for the rematch).

Only a few types of people I hate when it comes to MMA. Those McGregor fan boys that think he's the GOAT and can beat anyone. Those that hate him and hate on him for no reason other than just because, and those that sit behind a keyboard and take the piss by claiming a fighter is scared. Bullshit.

Stipe: JDS, Werdum, Overeen, Ngannou

Khabib: Rda, Barbosa, arguably Johnson

Dc: Gustafson, Rumble, Jones

Tony: Rda, Barbosa, Lee

DJ: Dodson, Benavidez, McCall, Cruz, Torres

Whittaker: Romero, Jacare

Max: Aldo, Lamas, arguably Pettis

• Upvote 2

Lmao. They're all "elite fighters"?

Name all these wrestlers he fought in the UFC then.

He fought one wrestler in the UFC. Alvarez can wrestle when he wants to, but he's at his best striking. Other then that probably the best wrestler he fought was shopworn lay and pray Siver. He was definitely steered away from good wrestlers in his UFC career.

"yeah he wrestles but he's not a wrestler"? He is a wrestler. He was prep all American two years in a row.

Just two more McGregor haters. You haven't got a clue about MMA and you just bullshit your way through arguments. Sad.

• Downvote 3

"yeah he wrestles but he's not a wrestler"? He is a wrestler. He was prep all American two years in a row.

Just two more McGregor haters. You haven't got a clue about MMA and you just bullshit your way through arguments. Sad.

You have a shocking lack off mma knowledge if you don't think these are elite guys. Bloody casual
  • Upvote 4

Jesus Christ lol

• Upvote 2

Says a guy who cites high school wrestling as his argument that Alvarez is a top wrestler. Blind nut hugging at it's finest. You're the kind of goof who became a McGregor fan after the Aldo fight.

• Upvote 1

Oh damn :D

what are u playing against them in that ufc video game with a mistake of a cover-art with mcgregor with two title belts on easy mode and saying they are not elite?

Conor: Eddie, Diaz, Aldo, Mendes, Holloway, Poirier, and arguably Brandao? Brandao is pretty much equivalent to Michael Johnson with much more fluid BJJ imo...

idk what your point is with that list?

Conor: Eddie, Diaz, Aldo, Mendes, Holloway, Poirier, and arguably Brandao? Brandao is pretty much equivalent to Michael Johnson with much more fluid BJJ imo...

idk what your point is with that list?

He wanted to know what elite fighters those guys faced. Also, Brandon and a 21 year old Max? Come on now
  • Upvote 1

He wanted to know what elite fighters those guys faced. Also, Brandon and a 21 year old Max? Come on now

Brandao is a highly skilled and powerful fighter. He's just not very intelligent.

Max aint that much different of a fighter than the one that fought McGregor and Bermudez. You guys say McGregor never fought wrestlers... Max hasn't fought a wrestler since Dennis Bermudez? Does Lamas count as a wrestler? probably a bit. dude's pretty versatile.

I like Max, but I think it's highly likely that McGregor would fuck him up in a rematch.

Brandao is a highly skilled and powerful fighter. He's just not very intelligent.

Max aint that much different of a fighter than the one that fought McGregor and Bermudez. You guys say McGregor never fought wrestlers... Max hasn't fought a wrestler since Dennis Bermudez? Does Lamas count as a wrestler? probably a bit. dude's pretty versatile.

I like Max, but I think it's highly likely that McGregor would fuck him up in a rematch.

Come on now, the Max that arguably lost a dec to Garcia is not a different fighter now? That's utterly laughable
  • Upvote 2

Come on now, the Max that arguably lost a dec to Garcia is not a different fighter now? That's utterly laughable

"that much different"

and he isn't. you don't see Max shooting takedowns and slapping on submissions. I don't see an evolution. I see an improvement, but not a significant one to discredit McGregor's win over him to be like "he wasn't elite then, he is elite now so mcnuggets gets no credit for beating him on 1 acl" it's nonsense.

"that much different"

and he isn't. you don't see Max shooting takedowns and slapping on submissions. I don't see an evolution. I see an improvement, but not a significant one to discredit McGregor's win over him to be like "he wasn't elite then, he is elite now so mcnuggets gets no credit for beating him on 1 acl" it's nonsense.

All right, you don't see a significant improvement? That's still laughable. His base style is the same yes, but his skillset inside that style has increddibly improved. You wouldn't see 21-year old Max fight an outside striking game like he did against Aldo. You wouldn't see him takedown and sub Cub Swanson. And Max was fighting on one leg too, remember? He broke his foot of a checked leg kick

• Upvote 1

All right, you don't see a significant improvement? That's still laughable. His base style is the same yes, but his skillset inside that style has increddibly improved. You wouldn't see 21-year old Max fight an outside striking game like he did against Aldo. You wouldn't see him takedown and sub Cub Swanson. And Max was fighting on one leg too, remember? He broke his foot of a checked leg kick

You sure about that? What else would he do? That's been his MO his entire MMA career.

Chiesa is going to end up with a chunk of that Mayweather money after the lawyers get involved.

probably more then just chiesa -- seen that couple ufc folks were injured also one with broke hand -- i hope they all sue the shit out of him and he loses all that money and has to come back begging for a fight

• Upvote 1

Mcnuggets is going to make a post in social media that he didn't mean any of it and that he got emotional because of his team-mate and that he LOVES his team so much ( his typical response after doing shit )

and everything will be sorted out ...

If any other fighter got involved in something like that ..dude should have said goodbye to his UFC career way before he thought of a bus

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

btw seems like mcnuggets is taking on 'Elite-fighters' a bus at a time eh ? ;)

don't worry he is still and always be the goat indeed ! no arguments there