• Please log in to reply
2574 replies to this topic

#21 WarMachine

WarMachine

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

Poster quickly knocked up for RING WARS 7.

Posted Image

#22 generalmills

generalmills

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 580 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

These posters are sick. All of them are absurdly good.

:santa:

• Guests

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

nice posters chris you got a knack ,
two more from me :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 WarMachine

WarMachine

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

Cheers Soul. Got some more to do tonight.

Yours are very unique, you could make a fortune with flash,

• Guests

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

Cheers Soul. Got some more to do tonight.

Yours are very unique, you could make a fortune with flash,

the posters i have put on this thread are not done with flash :)
for all of them i used free tools available to everyone apart from a gif program i have but thats free if you know where to look :)
primary tools
paint.net and GIMP
i do the background with either of the above to the right size
then load it into a gif editor , add frames and slow it down to 3 seconds per frame in most cases.
enough time to read whats on the screen , nothings actualy moving in the two examples above , your looking at 9 diffrent prints tht look thesame but have
diffrent text added , easy when you know how :)
also they come in under 100kb

• Guests

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:59 PM

I Hope you dont mind guys but i selected three poster from this thread and had editted them
using flash , i converted them to gifs so there is a little loss in quality

Posted Image
I liked this poster what i have done is : washed the entire poster with a underwater effect
added bubbles , and then the fish , this took a few mins to do.

Posted Image
Added a water effect to the water in the poster (look closely as its a small image)
added a rain effect , and added water circles

Posted Image
had to resize the poster added flame to the bottom of the poster and a smoke effect to the top half.

I am not meaning to offend anyone but this is such a great thread and if anyone finds it usefull it would have served its purpose

• Guests

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:36 AM

This is a dummy poster i just did , i like it a lot :)

Posted Image

• Guests

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

Posted Image

#29 WarMachine

WarMachine

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

Poster design competition!!!!

Some great posters here guys. Good thread for people to show off what they can do!!!!

• Guests

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

Its a great thread in the fact it gives you ideas , I know its an ego thing as i myself never actualy check event posters
maybe they should be more prominent in the game.
i dont know?
maybe when i manager goes to the spoiler page and clicks on view fight , the event poster comes up first?
dunno?
i would also say the same should happen with a fighters clothing , i think it should be displayed somehow on the tail of the tape page ,before you scroll down to the event commentary.

i dont know whats involved in the codeing of such things but it would make buying nice clothing and doing event poster more worth while.

#31 haystax

haystax

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 505 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

I wish I had more patience to sit down and fiddle with animating the posters I make. But usually once I finish them and submit them to the org owners, I've usually worked myself into a very annoyed state because I hate all of my work. LOL

Really good work Soul.

Here are my latest, although a couple them I really don't want to share because I think they are crap and am not charging the org owners for them because of it.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

This one is a generic catch all poster that will just have date and event # changed for each event.

Posted Image

1422598807Para-Bellum.jpg

• Guests

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:25 AM

Posted Image

My first attempt.

I made one but after seeing that and finding out it was your first attempt im done

#33 WarMachine

WarMachine

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

Don't give up, if you look at all the posters in this thread, you could easily tell someones work because of their style. You just got to find your style.

Practice makes perfect.

#34 WarMachine

WarMachine

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

Heres the poster for RING WARS 9

Most of my posters will be manga orientated

Posted Image

• Guests

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:11 AM

@chris go here for text etc
this you will find you need to bookmark.
as chris said everyone needs to find thier style , i am still looking so mine are all over the place at the momment , but when i hit a sweet spot i will know
i just love this thread , its probably one of the few on the forums that doesnt get flamed.

I love prime design stuff heatseeker you have a realy good eye , i think your poster are awsome
the secret of a good poster/design is to keep it clean and simple .look at all posters in this thread and its the clean ones that catch your eye.
some people do it natural while others like me need to work at it :)
but every one you do you learn something and looking at other peoples work gives you pointers
to get where you need to be

#36 WarMachine

WarMachine

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

I'm using the captain america font, its the same font as my logo so will keep with that until I do my Sin City style poster.

I use dafont.com

I agree every poster is awesome in this.
I'd like to see more people chip in with their work so far the only posters I can remember in game is Roger Kint, Joe Pepsi, Rob C, Soul and me.

• Guests

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:43 AM

Posted Image

• Guests

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

Posted Image

#39 kezz

kezz

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 869 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Im not the best designer in tycoon world but im a cheap designer for new orgs that are thinking of puting poster up.

#40 haystax

haystax

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 505 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

@chris go here for text etc
this you will find you need to bookmark.
as chris said everyone needs to find thier style , i am still looking so mine are all over the place at the momment , but when i hit a sweet spot i will know
i just love this thread , its probably one of the few on the forums that doesnt get flamed.

I love prime design stuff heatseeker you have a realy good eye , i think your poster are awsome
the secret of a good poster/design is to keep it clean and simple .look at all posters in this thread and its the clean ones that catch your eye.
some people do it natural while others like me need to work at it :)
but every one you do you learn something and looking at other peoples work gives you pointers
to get where you need to be

Thanks. But even my stuff, if you go back and look at my older designs you can see I had to grow a lot as well. For example, this was my first poster for FCD and really shows how my style has evolved for his posters ...

Posted Image

And these are a couple other OLD posters I made.

Posted Image Posted Image

So you can see, everyone starts somewhere. I see ALL of the flaws in all of my posters I make, even if nobody else does. I have made the stance, since that Phoenix 9 poster that I will not use the faces the game uses because they make any and every poster look worse IMO.

The other thing I do is get hung up on a design and will use it for awhile. Like all of the early Reach posters looked similar in layout. I run with it until I feel it needs a change.

For fonts, I use 3-4 sites ... and I currently have about 800 fonts and adding 1-2 every week. Can never have too many. lol

1422598807Para-Bellum.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users