2016-17 NFL Discussion

Random way to start an NFL discussion page, but ok. Colts are still a decent defense away from Super Bowl contention and that is a coming from a Colts fan.

They have some solid pieces on defense. If they can put it all together and get a pass rush then we are going to the superbowl but we might lose there.

without a doubt the Broncos will repeat. without a quarterback. defense wins championships.

With their best defensive player holding out.......sure :youwish:

They have some solid pieces on defense. If they can put it all together and get a pass rush then we are going to the superbowl but we might lose there.

Still need a pass rush and another RB behind Gore.

Colts will be lucky to make the playoffs imho Tennessee is vastly improved, Houston should be around the 8-8 or 9-7 mark, and the Jaguars will compete as well. I think the Colts are gonna have a rough year.

AFC South - Houston Texans

AFC West - Denver Broncos

AFC East - New England Patriots

AFC North - Cincinnati Bengals

NFC South - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NFC West - Arizona Cardinals

NFC East - Dallas Cowboys

NFC North - Greenbay Packers

Winging it here. I think the Bucs sweep the Falcons and Saints, split it 1-1 with the Panthers.

Patriots vs Cardinals Superbowl

Patriots win it. 35-27

Tom Brady - MVP

JJ Watt - Defensive MVP

Ezekiel Elliot - Offensive Rookie of the Year

Vernon Hargreaves - Defensive Rookie of the Year

Patriots

Broncos
Bengals
Steelers

Chiefs

Texans

----

Cardinals
Bucs
Panthers

Seahawks

Vikings
Cowboys

Colts will be lucky to make the playoffs imho Tennessee is vastly improved, Houston should be around the 8-8 or 9-7 mark, and the Jaguars will compete as well. I think the Colts are gonna have a rough year.

What your forgetting is the colts have the same core from last year and they get a healthy Andrew luck back.

AFC South - Houston Texans

AFC West - Denver Broncos

AFC East - New England Patriots

AFC North - Cincinnati Bengals

NFC South - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC West - Arizona Cardinals

NFC East - Dallas Cowboys

NFC North - Greenbay Packers

Winging it here. I think the Bucs sweep the Falcons and Saints, split it 1-1 with the Panthers.

Patriots vs Cardinals Superbowl

Patriots win it. 35-27

Tom Brady - MVP

JJ Watt - Defensive MVP

Ezekiel Elliot - Offensive Rookie of the Year

Vernon Hargreaves - Defensive Rookie of the Year

Patriots

Broncos

Bengals

Steelers

Chiefs

Texans

----

Cardinals

Bucs

Panthers

Seahawks

Vikings

Cowboys

The Bucs suck dude. Just live with it. This year will be the Falcons comeback.

What your forgetting is the colts have the same core from last year and they get a healthy Andrew luck back.

This is the same core that struggled to run the ball with a guaranteed 1000yd guy. Let's take a look at where the Colts ranked offensively last season:

Total Yards: 28th

Totat Rushing Yards: 29th

Points Per Game: 24th

Again, I'm a Colts fan, but nothing about the offense screams Super Bowl bound. All if it really depends on Luck's development and health. If he has improved, then possibly a top 10 offense. If not, then bottom half of the league we remain.

This is the same core that struggled to run the ball with a guaranteed 1000yd guy. Let's take a look at where the Colts ranked offensively last season:

Total Yards: 28th

Totat Rushing Yards: 29th

Points Per Game: 24th

Again, I'm a Colts fan, but nothing about the offense screams Super Bowl bound. All if it really depends on Luck's development and health. If he has improved, then possibly a top 10 offense. If not, then bottom half of the league we remain.

All they drafted was linemen so better blocking again those stats are without a healthy luck.

Honestly, I don't think we (The Bucs) can beat Carolina at the moment, we make the playoffs this year as a Wildcard. Though Lavonte David did say a few weeks ago we have the best defense ever this year.

Honestly, I don't think we (The Bucs) can beat Carolina at the moment, we make the playoffs this year as a Wildcard. Though Lavonte David did say a few weeks ago we have the best defense ever this year.

The bucs have better receivers they just need a franchise qb

The bucs have better receivers they just need a franchise qb

we have a Franchise QB.

the only thing Atlanta will comeback to is getting swept by The Bucs.

Defenses win super bowls and colts D is nowhere near good enough, we give teams forever to pass the ball. I think even winning the division will be tough this year, Osweiler could be key for Texans.. they only need a decent quarterback.

Defenses win super bowls and colts D is nowhere near good enough, we give teams forever to pass the ball. I think even winning the division will be tough this year, Osweiler could be key for Texans.. they only need a decent quarterback.

We have a good secondary .If our pass rush improve and luck stays healthy i see a super bowl appearance. We are definitely winning the division luck improvrs the whole team

We'll sweep the Falcons again. The Bucs are on the up and up. Even if they end up 7-9 or 8-8 they are a really good football team, they have one of the toughest schedules in the NFL this year.

we have a Franchise QB.

Jameis Winston has Hall of Fame potential written all over him. If he stays healthy, he'll likely wear a gold jacket at the end of his career. Let's just hope it's with the Bucs.

Truth. Texans still need a coach though.

We have a good secondary .If our pass rush improve and luck stays healthy i see a super bowl appearance. We are definitely winning the division luck improvrs the whole team

I would take that bet. Luck was playing bad before he was injured. Don't think he'll do that much better this season.

----------------------------------

Here are the teams the NFL needs to watch out for in the future for years to come:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Oakland Raiders

Los Angeles Rams

Minnesota Vikings

and some wildcards that have potential are

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Vikings, Rams, Titans, Jags don't have for sure things in franchise QBs. They all have the potential, just wouldn't be surprised if they don't last. Vikings are in the gray area with Teddy Bridgewater. I don't think he's got it. Some do. Time will tell with him but he has the potential. I think Goff fizzles out but he has all the tools in place to succeed. The Rams have a young team and solid defense. Mariota is a franchise QB but imho he'll run into injury problems. If he can stay healthy, he could have probowl potential. Not really sold on him yet either, but mainly because the durability and inaccuracy with a deep ball. Bortles had a great year but he's a turnover machine. Playing from behind all the time really helped his stats, but he has the build and mold to be Ben Rothlisberger.

I would take that bet. Luck was playing bad before he was injured. Don't think he'll do that much better this season.

----------------------------------

Here are the teams the NFL needs to watch out for in the future for years to come:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Oakland Raiders

Los Angeles Rams

Minnesota Vikings

and some wildcards that have potential are

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Vikings, Rams, Titans, Jags don't have for sure things in franchise QBs. They all have the potential, just wouldn't be surprised if they don't last. Vikings are in the gray area with Teddy Bridgewater. I don't think he's got it. Some do. Time will tell with him but he has the potential. I think Goff fizzles out but he has all the tools in place to succeed. The Rams have a young team and solid defense. Mariota is a franchise QB but imho he'll run into injury problems. If he can stay healthy, he could have probowl potential. Not really sold on him yet either, but mainly because the durability and inaccuracy with a deep ball. Bortles had a great year but he's a turnover machine. Playing from behind all the time really helped his stats, but he has the build and mold to be Ben Rothlisberger.

Why isnt the colts on that list we have a franchise qb franchise one of the best young receiving core a solid secondary if rush pass rush improve we are taking the division

Why isnt the colts on that list we have a franchise qb franchise one of the best young receiving core a solid secondary if rush pass rush improve we are taking the division

Chuck Pagano is coming off the hotseat. I also think the Jaguars, Titans, and Texans all have a leg up on the Colts if I'm being honest. My opinion of course, could be totally wrong. I just think the Colts are gonna slump again and I don't think Luck will have a good rebound year.

I think the Jaguars and Texans battle for the division this season.

My dad is from Indianapolis, my uncle volunteers at the stadium during football season. So I naturally kinda pay attention to what goes on with them, ever since Tony Dungy went over there. Just not sold on em, that's all. Good luck to them though. Hope them or the Jags win the division.