Org Owners: Manager Appreciation Day

Rambo

Attention Org Owners:

The KING of Tycoon has officially started Manager Appreciation Day. This thread is for you to offer kudos to your most appreciated managers as an org owner. Be it the two time champion in your org or the little guy who accepts all challenges, who is your favorite manager(s) to work with as an org owner and why.

When I was an org owner I had a handful of people that I really enjoyed working with.

At Convicted fight org, Dace Killian, JBomb, Sonny Muchacho, and Mike Azoma.

At Syn, Paul Keating and Lord Rayden are the first ones to come to mind. I'm sure I'm forgetting others who deserve recognition too.

Accepting fights, not complaining or trying to hand select opponents, easy to work with/weren't difficult, and communication were the keys to enjoying workin with these guys. And some of the guys smack talked in the thread.

Random Fact: Dace Killian was so fun to work with I invited him to Convicted Inc.

• Upvote 6

I got a few that you see around here like GBK16, Skull, Joe Lang, and Butch Harris

I don't remember starting that...

He said KING of Tycoon not KING of scrubs. Now that Grant is beasting at the game I guess you can have that title back.

• Upvote 2

id have to say when i had oni it was the great lt and mr karter also joe river i think and mike Thomas :)
same again when i worked at ascension

and when i had brfc karter was again a good manager to have

then again in all the times ive been around orgs ive never had a problem with any one from convicted

ps i had to say chris karter dont want him upset in his own thread :P

When i run EFFA at the top of my head i can only think of one right now. Mr. J (kshit) dont know what his name is right now. Never declined anything, i think even if he did there was i think a good reason, always ready to fight and jumped at the chances to bang. There are more people but i cant think of any by name was mostly smooth sailing. But i can remember all the trouble makers, but thats what the topic isnt for.

EDIT

Joe River / Joe Lang /Joe i dont know :D maybe i will add a few names later as well.

EDIT 2

forgot John Hetfield, he was complaining i didnt mentioned him :D so here i do it. haha

• Upvote 1

Every manager on the DFC LV roster is very easy going and supportive. I've been there from the beginning as as a manager and eventually to own it with the ever faithful support of everyone. Thanks you everyone at DFC LV you're all awesome people and blessed to have every single person with me on this journey.

I have never had any issues with anyone during both of my runs as an org owner in Epicity Productions and in GENERATION. A few picky managers like Mentor who was extremely picky with match ups have to be made with surgical precision despite having guys with low primaries and not in the normal ID range for EP but there was no one I ever had any trouble working with.

Managers like Sackett, CK, G Wad, Jebba, Whymer, Wolf* were all real easy to work with and usually accepted fights ASAP. Even the few times I have seen CK decline he had a good reason and would always end his PM with telling me to send it again if there was any issues. That's flexibility which is probably the best trait to have in a fighter's manager.

• Upvote 2

A lot can say it, but for it to actually mean something, to be factual. I know some claim this, but it can't be farther from truth.

That is true, but that is how I meant it. For people to honestly say they have never declined a fight. I have never declined one since I started. I have asked for very few to. I just fight who I am sent and when I am sent. I personally have never understood declining or cherry picking. There are a lot of parts to this game but it is a fighting game first so may as well fight anyone.

• Upvote 1

It's one thing to decline a fight for good reason but it's another thing to decline a fight for little to no reason at all which plenty of people do for petty reasons.

If anyone has been in this game for awhile and not gotten a horrible fight offer at least once then you are a lucky dude. Examples like

You were massively out skilled and/or facing a much low hyped guy for example.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=848367 This fight for example is one that I was an underdog but really I had no reason to decline it since I was confident in my fighter.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=823787 This one for example tho, I probably should of declined this fight because of my secondaries and physicals being lower than they should be along with primaries. I took it anyway and lost, I did decline a fight or two with him before however because one glance at the opposing fighter told me I had no chance of winning.

There is little reason to decline a fight when you're at cap tho unless there is a big hype/pop gap but I actually don't ever recall declining a fight for something like that. I get annoyed if it happens repeatedly but we can't always have nothing but fights where you have the lower hype(I mean who would do such a thing).

Really the only legit reasons to decline a fight in my eyes are:

Massive skill difference: I have such a hard time declining these and as you can tell from my record I have taken A LOTTT of fight offers where I was clearly outmatched.

Training time for younger guys: Like if you've been getting fight offers every two weeks but you really should be fighting every 30 to get progress in training and not fall behind. Especially if you have a lot of fights where you have no energy left.

Bad matchmaking: You would still be injured or cut when the fight takes place or you're clearly the number one contender and you get some low hyped guy who the org owner owns or something.