Designer of the Year 2017

GBK16

49 members have voted

1. 1. Designer of the Year 2017

To an extent yes, any award given to people who vote is a popularity contest, however if you have a look a the current award leaders, 90% of them make sense. I also see that certain people always avoid certain candidates, even if they deserve the award, you cannot do anything about that and frankly i see no problem with it. I mean if you hate someone, why should you vote for him?

• Upvote 1

To an extent yes, any award given to people who vote is a popularity contest, however if you have a look a the current award leaders, 90% of them make sense. I also see that certain people always avoid certain candidates, even if they deserve the award, you cannot do anything about that and frankly i see no problem with it. I mean if you hate someone, why should you vote for him?

Imagine if the oscars went like this: "And the oscar goes to.... Leonardo Di... wait, no. I don't like him and I've decided that the oscar goes to Jake Paul"

• Downvote 1

here any idiot can nominate someone.

Blake Phoenix.

Was a solid manager in 2016 as well but nowhere near Elite level, this year he challenged Whymer and Brent all year long as the best manager of LOD and also entered the game's HOF. He also has a lot of top level fighters in his roster now, something he did not have in 2016. The past 4 months he is pretty much in the top 10-15 of the game all the time.

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

• Downvote 4

Im capable of putting personal opinions of people aside. Dont see why other people cant do the same. I voted for CK on one of the awards and i wouldnt exactly call myself a fan of his lol

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Humors and Shiftas are missing? Why?

They were nominated in the nominations thread.

Is this the result of selecting only those nomiations approved by certain tycoon members?

If so, this is complete bullshit!

Hear hear.

Depends if people are 'actually' nominating for what they are saying they are nominating for (rather than the person). So, if it's acceptable to nominate for Best Designer based on who made great avatars, then shouldn't ALL the great avatar creators get a look in (no right?)....Best design work would by my opinion be awarded to one who makes great 'creations' ie posters, belts and logos so on and so forth (not for custom avatars). Afterall, we have an award for best avatar.

Humors was nominated so it would of been good just to put him in the polls. Its not nice to feel neglected or left out and that doesn't just go for humors here but humors everywhere that didn't get their chance when they earned it.

• Upvote 1

Well, I'm sure we've all had the begging email from humors, but if it's true he was nominated as a designer of the year then he should be up for the vote. I don't remember shiftas doing graphics work but that doesn't mean he hasn't, I just haven't noticed. If so they could be included as options?

Did GBK got back to you about why he did not include all nominated managers in the poll?