TWW News Edition #18 - Scandal Edition

GBK16

http://i.imgur.com/BawKd7t.png

Edition #18

It is with a sad and heavy heart that I write this piece really but considering the event, it’s something that has to be reported on. We hope to have a regular edition out before the end of the month regarding other news, but honestly this deserves an edition all of it’s own.

A thread was posted earlier a few hours ago by Mike Tycoon himself regarding to two top ranked managers in the game - Mr Wolf and Aaron ThaiGuy.

In his thread, which you can READ HERE, Mike Tycoon explains the following;

• While creating the Mobile Version of the Website, Mike Tycoon enlisted the help of Aaron ThaiGuy in converting the site into a mobile friendly version.

• As part of Aaron helping him, Mike created a folder which Aaron could use to test the pages he did to ensure they worked properly.

• Members of the community noticed suspicious goings on with Wolf and Aaron including their fighters seeming to not train yet growing in skills rapidly. The breaker though was a coupe of Aaron's fighters having suspicious TOTT showings, with one fighter changing from "Good Chin" to "Granite Chin" and another fighter who was in a creation tournament showing "Insanely Flexible".

• Mike made numerous checks and so asked Wolf about it. Wolf confessed to the situation immediately.

• The result was Aaron was using the folder Mike gave him access with to use a script in which he could edit the skills AND hiddens of fighters - Which resulted in his and Wolf’s rosters being filled with ridiculously good fighters.

So as a result Mike is having their current booked fights run with a couple of changes. All of the fighters on their rosters have been changed so their hiddens are now 1 across the board, meaning they are likely to get demolished with ease. As a result, their current booked opponents are in line for a nice hype gain.

So now we have the facts out of the way, we come to the speculation when it comes to the situation which I will give my opinion on in each scenario.

How long has it been going on?

This question cannot be answered by anyone except for Aaron and Wolf right now. Mike himself doesn’t know and he said he will be talking to Aaron to ask about it in the future as Aaron is currently on holiday in Thailand.

Was there anyone else involved in it?

Now this is where the story gets very much opinionated. When looking at who could possibly be involved, you get one of two thoughts. Other Vendetta members, and admittedly, Myself.

We’ll start with the Vendetta situation. The obvious people to look at would be Ryan Epicity and UniConor. Now, this may be personal opinion, but I couldn’t imagine Ryan being involved in something like this. He had a roster of really great guys well over a year ago, in fact nearly 2 years could be felt. I don’t think he would have been involved, although that could also be personal bias since I think Ryan is a stand up guy.

Conor meanwhile released a statement, which you can READ HERE, he denies any involvement in the situation, while also stating that Wolf and Aaron have been kicked from Vendetta as a result of the situation. My personal view comes mainly from Mike’s statement where he said he believes no other alliance mates had any wrong doing so I feel Conor is in the clear for the situation.

Now, we get to Myself. When I initially heard the news, I was shocked to be honest. I was on TeamSpeak with Bob Vendarra (Madbob) and John Hetfield (Beck) playing games when Bob said the thread was posted. Initially I thought he was trolling me, but when I logged on and saw it, I genuinely couldn’t believe it. Now, I understand people feel there is enough of a connection to warrant investigating. I am a previous Vendetta member (Left in January of this year) and I am involved in a website with both Wolf and Aaron. My personal view is that I have nothing to hide and I even asked Mike to check my fighters to see if anything was changed because I wasn’t sure if Wolf and Aaron would have only affected their own fighters or possibly had fun changing some other fighters in the game. I would be the first person asking questions if it was someone else in this position, so I understand some people having the question, but I will say now that I had 0 knowledge or involvement of the goings on. Obviously people can make up their own minds, but that is just my mini statement on the matter when it comes to myself.

So what happens now with the fallout?

Well first of all this leaves a sizeable dent in The Olympics. Wolf had 5 fighters competing and I have asked Mike if it would be possible to cancel the fights he is booked in, in order to allow the orgs to replace his fighters rather than taking essential auto losses. Hopefully that can be resolved and the orgs involved in the discussion so far have been nothing short of stellar.

The Manager Of The Year debate just got blown wide open now with Mr Wolf having been the front runner for the accolade by the country mile. Other managers will now have to use the final month essentially to push themselves to the fore front of people’s minds when it comes to voting. Some of the guys I feel will be leading the charge are Bob Vendarra, Whymer Van Mastodon and Michael Knight. Of course, this comes from about 5 mins of looking at the current ranks and who I remember doing well over the year so not really an educated stab at it right now.

And finally, Championships in different orgs just got a lot more interesting. Wolf and Aaron had numerous champions in different orgs and with their scripting were virtually unstoppable. Now their places are up for grabs with the chance to fill them open to anybody in the fortunate position to try to. It will be interesting over the coming months to see who emerges from the shadows, and in regards to the manager ranks, who becomes the new dominant force at the top of the game.

Closing Statement

So my personal view on it after the shock faded was annoyance really. I will say I get on great with both guys, and it is highly disappointing to me that they would do this kind of thing in the game.

The major comparison this draws is to the Mentor scandal from Summer 2014. Personal viewpoint - This is worse than that. Mentor’s cheating resulted in some extra profits and he got to hold an extra company while filling fights in his org. This incident resulted in a manager holding the #1 spot in the rankings for virtually an entire year nearly, preventing other managers from hitting the accolade while also gaining unfair wins throughout the year over managers who could have been playing fairly (It’s MMA Tycoon, we can’t say for sure everyone was playing fair). He was gaining huge signing bonuses due to his fighters being at the top, won a tournament, held numerous titles, and most annoyingly of all, he kept this facade going while looking modest on the forums about the achievements. Now, Wolf is a decent guy still in my opinion, but this definitely showed the darker side to him.

As for Aaron, he came up with the script and while he didn’t hold the #1 spot at any point (mainly due to Wolf holding it all year), he prevented others from hitting the higher ranks with a combination of holding the #2 spot and gaining unfair wins which would actually have lost other managers their rank.

Now, I imagine neither guy thought of these consequences, or they did and didn’t give a shit, but either way it was a highly selfish act which they would have continued to get away with until they either got caught at another time or until they got bored and decided to tell people.

Wolf was a member of the editorial team for TWW News and that’s another reason I am disappointed. I will continue this on, possibly with others helping if people are willing, but I will do it solo if need be.

In closing, this is possibly the worst scandal in MMA Tycoon history, depending on your viewpoint of the incidents. While it caused a lot of liveliness in the forums, it was a sad reason for the forums to burst into life.

You can see the reactions of Chris Karter (CLICK HERE) and MMA Hype (CLICK HERE) also on the forums.

For now from us at TWW News on this weird Friday night, good night.

• Upvote 5

Wolf is a bright guy, he's well read, he'd know the consequences.

I've sacked guys as a result of a loss last month to a juiced wolf fighter and retired a fighter versus a Vendetta fighter and have burned VIP, as a consequence. Who knows if my fighter was tampered with or the opponent juiced , though i believe the manager though Vendetta wasn't involved.

So RL money will be spent as a consequence.

Game needs a reset.

Chatted with a manager with 2 Olympics fighters today while on a group MTB bike and there's intellectual property rights issues here and Mike needs to look into it. Guys a lawyer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Come one guys, why all the talk about a reset? If you want to drive people away, that's the way to do it. And it'll only cost the players more money, since they'll have to spend more money on VIP days, to test for new good fighters.

Does it get in your head that these guys can come back again, right?? or even worse, share all this shit with even more people, fucking idiot, you do realize that they can also modify other manager's fighters parameters?

Reset, heck i would even ask for a refund right now, but fortunately i never fought against these two shitbags (if it is even true that they are just those 2)

• Downvote 3

Does it get in your head that these guys can come back again, right?? or even worse, share all this shit with even more people, fucking idiot, you do realize that they can also modify other manager's fighters parameters?

Reset, heck i would even ask for a refund right now, but fortunately i never fought against these two shitbags (if it is even true that they are just those 2)

Somebody want to neg him, I'm out. They won't come back again, they're not Humors.

• Upvote 1

Stuff happens on here, it has before this and it will again. Resetting the system is not needed. I know a few people have been talking about it but I dont think it will happen. It would kill the game I think. I have been through all the changes to it and stuck it out for 7 years. If the game is reset and we start over with nothing that will be the last day I log in.

• Upvote 2

Stuff happens on here, it has before this and it will again. Resetting the system is not needed. I know a few people have been talking about it but I dont think it will happen. It would kill the game I think. I have been through all the changes to it and stuck it out for 7 years. If the game is reset and we start over with nothing that will be the last day I log in.

Same, probably the only way to make me quit is a full reset. Not even keeping funds would make me stay.

• Upvote 2

I finally manage to pull enough wins together to hit #1 and it has to be in the fall out from all this bullshit. Doesn't quite have the satisfaction I thought it would have since I jumped 2 spots yesterday but i guess their ranks were b.s. anyway really.

• Upvote 2

I finally manage to pull enough wins together to hit #1 and it has to be in the fall out from all this bullshit. Doesn't quite have the satisfaction I thought it would have since I jumped 2 spots yesterday but i guess their ranks were b.s. anyway really.

Just see it like this, it is actually possible to reach #1 again, since Wolf isnt so fucking for ahead with his managers hype. I was behind both of them for a while, just sucks, but dont let this take away anything. Now the cards are just even again and the #1 will change hands quite a lot i might imagine.in the next time.

• Upvote 2

I dont give a fuck old man, bury me in negative votes, there should be a poll for a reset, the game is not safe.

the game is safer than anyone thinks. You seem to think wolf is a guru and can do all sorts of stuff. Wolf didnt alter fighters himself, aaron did it cause he had access to pur a script on the server and remove it when he didnt need it so Mike couldnt see it. That access has been revoked and that script isnt around anymore. Plus, since then, Mike has doubled or triple the security cause he thought the site was being hacked while it wasnt the case. In a way, this cheating has improved the game's security.

Take a chill pill, a little sleep should help you get through the day. I get it, not knowing everything that is going on can make you question a lot of things, but the cheat was not a big wizardry thing, just 2 stupid kids taking advantage of someone's trust.

Mike has always been honest about everything, so whenever he gives a statement, if theres a security issue, he will mention it.

• Upvote 2