Don't see a gym as a company.

bjornmma1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Doing this takes out the "you need to interact with other managers in order to succeed" aspect of the game. This is a social game. You are supposed to go out and bust your ass doing network in order to get shit done. Thats why multi is cheating. Be friendly. Dont be a douche. Comb the right guy's cock sometimes and swallow a load. Thats what life is all about.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What are the chances that the number of VIP managers would flood the org market if this happened? I’m sure many would want an org, but don’t based on the fact they would rather secure private gym training, if they are able to do both this could hurt the org market big time. Might have to consider making locations, jets, travel a part of the game again and make it more necessary to have orgs in a fighters location, thus making jets actually part of the game.

having a second slot for a gym is a no brainer. The only thing stopping it is a lack of interest by the owner to put any time into MMAT. He is doing plenty on Betmma but I like many others are not putting any money into Betmma as dont believe he will maintain it, just like here ( i think there are around 50+ people paying for the VIP version of Betmma)

Lets be honest there were people here who offered to help but were ignored, pretty much says it all

• Upvote 2

Its not as simple as that. The fact that old players came to the thread as well questioning how this would impact the economy, specially the org market, also shows this is not "just" Mike unwilling to invest in the game (at least, in this case). Also, HAVING to associate is a pretty important concept of the game - this is a social game, the manager is NOT an island.

Let's be honest here, some people just have a fucking shitty attitude and cant get things done. Thats why they suck at this game and have to create multis. Dont be a douche, hit the forum, send people in game PM and you wont need to open another company yourself.

having a second slot for a gym is a no brainer. The only thing stopping it is a lack of interest by the owner to put any time into MMAT. He is doing plenty on Betmma but I like many others are not putting any money into Betmma as dont believe he will maintain it, just like here ( i think there are around 50+ people paying for the VIP version of Betmma)

Lets be honest there were people here who offered to help but were ignored, pretty much says it all

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Its not as simple as that. The fact that old players came to the thread as well questioning how this would impact the economy, specially the org market, also shows this is not "just" Mike unwilling to invest in the game (at least, in this case). Also, HAVING to associate is a pretty important concept of the game - this is a social game, the manager is NOT an island.

Let's be honest here, some people just have a fucking shitty attitude and cant get things done. Thats why they suck at this game and have to create multis. Dont be a douche, hit the forum, send people in game PM and you wont need to open another company yourself.

excuse me?? I dont think I am a douche,I am not a multi , I do come to the forums and I communicate with many managers here directly and generally have an excellent relationship with all on here. Mike doesn't want to invest in the game irrespective of your 'opinion', this is borne out by actions shown by him, not opinions. While many older players have made big efforts to try and help and encourage new managers, whether by donating money or great initiatives like when a number of guys financed gyms that all managers could use (although they are all loaded up now), this is not as much or as effective as what the site owner could do. Being able to have your own gyms at least gives players a chance to compete in the long term if they can at least partially with another business. I have only been here a year but even I have seen the massive turnover of new players who get disheartened because there is no way to train their fighters to a decent enough level. As for orgs....yeah thats really working out well isnt it? I have seen loads of good orgs disappear in the last 12 months and now to be honest it seems to be the multi's who are keeping the game going in many cases. Good luck if you only have 'old' managers here, how they going to get their VIP when there are no new managers left?? They definitely dont want to pay for it and the exchange is going up every month. Too be honest it doesnt matter, i will play and have invested cash (as that is the only way when you start) until it becomes too boring and then I will stop playing. I have already stopped paying for VIP. I came to this game from BETMMA not the other way round and BETMMA is not being neglected like here is, thats a fact, not an opinion. Anyway, its not my problem, cheers. I would say 3-5 year old threads asking for the same changes without action is probably a bit of a pointer to how much effort is going into addressing issues or improving the game to grow it

I have no beef with Mike, he owes me or no one else anything, just making the point that nothing in life ever improves when it is neglected and this game is on auto pilot, it is what it is

Not in ANY moment I called you out bro. You can quote me and prove me wrong, feel free to do so.

But please, chill out. No one said YOU are a shitty player and multi, being so bitchy about it just make you suspicious.

Also, too long and triggered to read

"No manager is an island" indeed not but this is MMATycoon after all. I've only once enjoyed a symbiotic relationship on here with another manager where he ran the private gym and I was freed up to run a fight organization instead. Unless that guy came back to the game, I'd prefer not to get into it again. I've had my bad experiences as well.

If I had the option to open a nutrition company on the side, I would invest to put more supplements on the market. There's a sore lack of competition there today. I just like giving my fighters the best training possible and I'm a lunatic at micro management so I hate sharing the controls with someone else. I have my way of doing things and I don't enjoy explaining myself to some other person to try to bend them to my will. Even when my good buddy was running the private gym and I was running Bravado Productions, we had our disagreements about my decisions with the fight org. When I have a clear picture in my head of how I want something to be, it's not a world I like to try to bring others into.

Like I said: charge me VIP days for the privilege and I'll give Mike a little money so he can get the gold plated toilet paper dispenser for his bathroom.

• Upvote 1

Yes, it took me a long time to find some managers I could create this kind of relationship (and I just came back because of Roger and Mihail, TBH) but that is what made the game fun. I'm also always open to help new players, ATM i'm trying to help crowd funding some nutrition company.
The web browser text based game market is shrinking, this *IS* a restrict ninche. I like the game a lot, I just dont see it running more than an year from now on. And this game is a fucking senior, its old as shit. But it happens. And I dont blame Mike for that, he could be super active, things are probably still going downhill...

"No manager is an island" indeed not but this is MMATycoon after all. I've only once enjoyed a symbiotic relationship on here with another manager where he ran the private gym and I was freed up to run a fight organization instead. Unless that guy came back to the game, I'd prefer not to get into it again. I've had my bad experiences as well.

If I had the option to open a nutrition company on the side, I would invest to put more supplements on the market. There's a sore lack of competition there today. I just like giving my fighters the best training possible and I'm a lunatic at micro management so I hate sharing the controls with someone else. I have my way of doing things and I don't enjoy explaining myself to some other person to try to bend them to my will. Even when my good buddy was running the private gym and I was running Bravado Productions, we had our disagreements about my decisions with the fight org. When I have a clear picture in my head of how I want something to be, it's not a world I like to try to bring others into.

Like I said: charge me VIP days for the privilege and I'll give Mike a little money so he can get the gold plated toilet paper dispenser for his bathroom.

Yes, it took me a long time to find some managers I could create this kind of relationship (and I just came back because of Roger and Mihail, TBH) but that is what made the game fun. I'm also always open to help new players, ATM i'm trying to help crowd funding some nutrition company.

The web browser text based game market is shrinking, this *IS* a restrict ninche. I like the game a lot, I just dont see it running more than an year from now on. And this game is a fucking senior, its old as shit. But it happens. And I dont blame Mike for that, he could be super active, things are probably still going downhill...

It is a shame to say that this game is in its decline for sure. With no updates in the foreseeable future, rule breaking run amok, and most of the veteran players leaving, it's only a matter of time. I can't help but feel like if he hired some young enthusiastic coder to present him with finished items to let him review that he may be able to breathe some life into this thing, it's not as though MMA is so much less popular that people won't be drawn to it still.

Games fine. Multis dont ruin it for me.

Mike will return to us, I have faith!

2 company slots wont stop person to person interactions in the game. Itll just make it more fun: everyone can get top training for their babies and simultaneously add to the community, with extra companies = extra chances to interact!

• Upvote 12

• 2 weeks later...

Games fine. Multis dont ruin it for me.

Mike will return to us, I have faith!

2 company slots wont stop person to person interactions in the game. Itll just make it more fun: everyone can get top training for their babies and simultaneously add to the community, with extra companies = extra chances to interact!

Exactly. Having two companies would not limit networking at all, actually more the opposite even.

When you have a company, it is always interesting to build a network.

When you have two companies, you can benefit from an even bigger network, in different branches.

Having the option of having one more company besides a gym has always been a no-brainer for me.

Managers are forced to choose between a private gym and having a company (org or store), in a game called MMA Tycoon. Perhaps he should just update the name to MMA 'Tycoon'.

Whenever I wanted to run a tournament, I have been forced to close my gym, find gym spots for all my fighters (I have 28 fighter slots!) and then afterwards start back over again. Great fun...!

• Upvote 4

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Would be so nice to finally see this implemented and give us the chance to become real 'tycoons'!

He said he was planning on doing a "monthly VIP cost" for a second company slot, or something like that. That the most difficult thing was "acessing how to do it without hitting the game economy"

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe allow for an increased weekly cost for gyms? If public gyms were able to be small and still profitable with high level coaching, I could see more people running better public gyms.

A MUCH better option would be to simply lower the cost of coaches. There isn't a single gym that can run at 100% of it's potential because in order for that to happen a coach needs to have 1 on 1 sessions. I won't even keep a training session if there are 2 people in it. in order to run a gym like that, you are losing out on about 30k a week... It's ridiculous how much coaches cost. There is NOT a coach alive that makes 4000k a week, but that's the minimal going rate for double elites... I know owners of gyms in real life who pay there coaches NOTHING! They just let them train there for free. The real-world MMA community is very TIGHT KNIT and only if they were training a fighter who made 7 figures a fight i.e. McGregor they will NEVER be payed even close to that amount and even then that is a PERSONAL 1on1 coaching job who only trains and only works with one guy who nobody else has the opportunity to even learn from if the main fighter who is paying him or payed him for his time over 30 days. A coach at the UFC gyms is only expected to bring home around 30k EACH year.. Now I know the game is a simulation game and every 3 months is technically a year but that means the top tier Double Elite coaches who everyone in the gym has access to should not cost a penny over 2500 each week.