Shogun MMA

Nickoson

Shogun MMA Official Smack Talk Thread

Please keep it fun, exciting, but most of all good natured.

Feel free to post pre-post fight smack talk, fighter interviews, manger interviews, fight commentary, fight predictions , and any other information that you would like to share.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shogun MMA is proud to present its premiere event “The Rising,” this August 10th. With plenty of action it’s sure to be something that you are not going to want to miss out on!

Headlining this event will be the 265+ heavy hitters Danny Nejman vs. Matheus Dias. On paper these boys will be looking to bang and this should be a great matchup. These two will be competing for Shogun MMA’s first title belt and a nice bonus to go along with it.

I was lucky enough to catch up with Matheus Dias for a short interview.

What got you into MMA?

A: “I got into MMA, because of my father. He´s a 7th DAN tae-kwon-do fighter, and actually I'm a 2nd DAN fighter, but I got interest principally by the Muay Thai, but I like Jiu-Jitsu too, and then I met Jonas and he presented me to MMA.”

Are you looking forward to competing within Shogun MMA?

A: “Yes, I´m sure looking forward to compete and I´m very nervous, because it´s my first fight in Shogun and my first title fight within the league!”

What weaknesses do you see in your opponent’s game?

A: “Although he has already won a fight by submission I believe my ground game is better, but I really think that it'll be a Stand-up battle, because my ground advantage is not this big.”

What would it mean to you to become Shogun MMA's first champion?

A: “I would feel like Rorion Gracie, it would be very special to me.”

The Co-Main event will be in the 185 weight class with John Kyler vs. Shaun Anderson. Looks like it will be wrestling vs. BJJ. Which style will prevail?

The Under-card will not disappoint as we have great fights coming all throughout the night! The full fight card is as follows

Main Event

265+lb. bout. Danny Nejman (5-1-0) vs. Matheus Dias (3-1-0)

Co-Main Event

185lb. bout. John Kyler (1-0-0) vs. Shaun Anderson (1-0-0)

Undercard

185lb. bout. Len Tendo (2-3-0) vs. Bubba Jones (2-0-0)

170lb Bout. Tom Segura (1-0-0) vs. Jack Daniels (0-0-0)

170lb Bout. Jun Lee (0-1-0) vs. Sherlock Holmes (0-0-0)

155lb. Bout. Mike Nickoson (0-0-0) vs. Victor Gillean (1-0-0)

265+lb. Bout. Boris Mattsson (2-1-0) vs. Yosuke Shimizu (1-0-0)

170lb Bout. Henry Cruz (3-1-0) vs. Carlos Varona (0-0-0)

135lb Bout. Jaun Barrantes (1-0-0) vs. Kung Lao(0-1-0)

135lb Bout. Kyle Gillean (2-0-0) vs. Bruce Lee (1-0-0)

• 2 weeks later...

*as Magnus Barfot starts talking in rapid Norwegian, the translated text appears at the bottom of the screen*

Barfot: "Coming from a long line of berserkers, pirates and raiders obviously gives me the mental edge coming into this fight. Apparently I'm fighting some skinnyfat Swede with a couple of knockout wins. I don't really know, I haven't bothered watching tape on him, but that won't matter. Come august 10th, I'm storming the shores of Japan and pulling Mattson back to my longboat by his hair. I'll be merciful and just rape him a couple of times if he can cook, clean, entertain the children and do his womanly duties around the house like a good little bitch."

• 2 weeks later...

Barfot talks big debut victory at Shogun 1, calls for immediate title shot

Shogun MMA's first card is in the books, and the ~200 fans in attendance were treated to violent knockouts, deep chokes, gnarly armlocks and wild exchanges. In the featured Super Heavyweight title fight, Polish KO artist Danny Nejman (6-1) once again showcased his dynamite power and diverse striking game by stopping the tough Matheus Dias in just one minute and 35 seconds.

Meanwhile, on the undercard, Norwegian striker Magnus Barfot made a statement in his debut fight, destroying Swedish boxer Boris Mattsson with brutal dirty boxing. Not one to rest on his laurels, however, Barfot immediately asked Shogun CEO Bryan Nickoson for his next opponent:

"Beating this subhuman waste of flesh into the dirt did not sate my bloodthirst. Only glorious combat will supress my inexplicable urge to sodomize monks and pillage churches, and the only man in Japan capable of giving me the thrill of a fair fight is the champion, Danny Nejman. We all know that I'm the greatest fighter in the Pacific by now, so let me put a stamp on it by mauling your dirty polack champ".

Shogun MMA’s first event was full of excitement, quick, beautiful finishes! Here is what happened during the event;

First Bout

Kyle Gillean (2-0-0) vs. Bruce Lee (1-0-0)

Bruce Lee went in for a quick takedown..it was a mistake for sure though. Kyle was able to get himself in position to work from the bottom and capitalized on Bruce’s mistake. This one ended with Bruce’s arm being extended with an armbar in the 1st round 0:28 seconds.

Victor: Kyle Gillean

Second Bout

Jaun Barrantes (1-0-0) vs. Kung Lao (0-1-0)

Jaun was persistently trying to get this one to the ground the whole fight, and Kung Lao defended takedown attempts throughout the whole first round. Kung was landing punches and kicks the whole time, luckily Jaun has a tough chin that held up during the fight. All it took was one takedown and one sub attempt to end this one. This ends in Jaun being submitted via Kimura in 57 seconds of the second round

Victor: Jaun Barrantes

Third Bout

Carlos Verona (0-0-0) vs. Henry Cruz (3-1-0)

Carlos made his debut in this first event for Shogun MMA and made his stamp on the 170 lb. weight class with a swift victory over Henry Cruz. Henry was looking to keep this fight standing, but Verona was having none of it. Verona scored the takedown early in the first round and submitted Cruz in 39 seconds with a slick looking Kimura.

Victor: Carlos Verona

Fourth Bout

Magnus Barfot (0-0-0) vs. Boris Mattson (2-1-0)

Another contender Magnus Barfot making his debut fight for Shogun MMA. Barfot didn’t disappoint his fans in this one, completely dominating the standup game. An early clinch from Barfot allowed him to work his dirty boxing and crisp elbows wearing down his opponent before unleashing the uppercut that put Mattson down for the count early in the first. Victory came by way of Knockout 1:57 of the first round.

Victor: Magnus Barfot

Fifth Bout

Mike Nickoson (0-0-0) vs. Victor Gillean (1-0-0)

Mike makes his debut for Shogun MMA today, while Victor…maybe a little over confident came in at a little less than 100% energy. It surely didn’t help his cause as Mike was able to keep the fight standing for a majority of the fight. Mike worked his standup and was able to take this one with a Unanimous Decision from the judges

Victor: Mike Nickoson

Sixth Bout

Jun Lee (0-1-0) vs. Sherlock Holmes (0-0-0)

Sherlock made his way to the octagon for his first pro fight. A great 1st round of action as Holmes was making the most of his Muay Thai clinch landing numerous knees to the head of Jun Lee, even cutting him. Unfortunately his was unable to solve the mystery of this one as Jun Lee secures a takedown and after multiple submission attempts he clasps down on the Americana choke. Sherlock showed no signs of giving up though as the ref had to end the fight without him tapping. Way of victory was Americana choke 3:54 of the first round. Will there be a rematch?

Victor: Jun Lee

Seventh Bout

Tom Segura (1-0-0) vs. Jack Daniels (0-0-0)

Jack Daniels made his debut in the pro fighting world today. These fighters were exchanging blows for first moments of the fight. Segura had enough of the standup game, and decided it was time to take it to the mat. It was a great decision as he quickly ended up in a dominant position and submitted Jack Daniels via Kimura submission.

Victor: Tom Segura

Eighth Bout

Bubba Jones (2-0-0) vs Len Tendo (2-3-0)

Tendo walked into this fight jamming to si tu estuvieras aqui, but both of these fighters seemed to agree to keep this one standing. An early cut due to a head kick hurt Bubba Jones, but he didn’t seem phased for too long. Bubba knocked Tendo down and told him to stand back up, then completely crushed him with an overhand right. Tendo’s eyes rolled back as this one was all over 52 seconds into round 1.

Victor: Bubba Jones

Co-Main Event

John Kyler (1-0-0) vs. Shaun Anderson (1-0-0)

Anderson took this one to the ground right off the bat, maybe it was his wrestling background that made him do it. Kyler made him pay for the takedown by working his submission game. Anderson avoided a triangle but gave up his neck and couldn’t get out of the Guillotine choke that eventually ended this one 45 seconds into the 1st round.

Victor: John Kyler

Main Event

Danny Nejman (5-1-0) vs. Matheus Dias (3-1-0)

An exchange of early blows from Nejman seemed to have made Dias want to take this one to the ground. He attempted takedowns from standing, and in the clinch but Nejman wasn’t having any of it. Dias started to get winded and left his guard down for a second, and Nejman capitalized on this opportunity landing a two punch combo ending with Dias crumpled up on the mat. Nejman becomes the first title holder in Shogun MMA! Will he continue his dominance or will he be dethroned by new challengers that will be awaiting their turn at the belt?

Victor: Danny Nejman

Stay tuned for more Shogun MMA action to come as our second event, “Shogun MMA – The Fall” is scheduled right around the corner 8-31-13!

After being offered the fight he was clamoring for at Shogun MMA -The Fall, many people expected another youtube tirade from Barfot. Instead, he decided to post a thread on popular MMA discussion forum The Overground, named "I will beat Danny Nejman like a rented mule".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...