GBK16's Writings

GBK16

A thread where I will be posting any Previews, Reviews, Interviews or any other writings I do from now on.

I feel it will allow people to scope the quality of my work, and also a place where I can see any advice, criticism, praise, etc. for my work all in one place.

Also, if anybody is in need of a writer, please PM me here Grant Brophy (93477)

I am more interested in Freelance work, so if you wish to have me write regularly for you, please PM me above and we can discuss it.

Currently Writing For:

EVOLUTION

Trinity

Previously Written For:

Havoc Fighting League

Epicity Productions

Insanity

Upcoming Previews:

• Upvote 4

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1415204146k2o7wm.jpg

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1419629730evo144.jpg

EVOLUTION

EVO144: FunkMaster

Date: 11th January 2015

Arena: Wombley Arena (93,607)

Merch Partner: Hellbent – The Perennial #1 Clothing Company

Good morning ladies and gentleman, and welcome to our preview of Evolution’s next event, EVO144: FunkMaster! I am your writer, Grant Brophy, and I will be providing the most insightful analysis possible into these fights, looking at every aspect of the fight to provide the most informative reading possible to you. Evolution is looking to continue its dominance as the number one org in the world, providing some exciting fights for the audience in attendance, and to the viewers at home. Without further ado, let’s get right into the analysis

FIGHT #1 – Middleweight Division!

Dane Brigglett FIGHTER Nikolai Radev

35 AGE 29

19-13-0 RECORD 18-9-0

3074 (385) RANKING 2239 (275)

USA COUNTRY Russia

6”6 (199) HEIGHT 6”0 (184)

199 (185) WEIGHT (Weigh In) 190 (185)

Buster Highman MANAGER Stu Pidasol

-------------- ALLIANCE Team Conquer

K.O. Koala’s GYM F U

Monterey, California FIGHTING OUT OF Melbourne, Australia

Our first fight of the night pitches two fighters looking to climb the rankings into title contention.

Dane Brigglet is the much larger fighter in this battle, being 6” taller than his opponent and also being 9lbs heavier naturally. He comes into this fight would a huge pedigree as a KO artist. With all 19 of his wins coming via (T)KO, he knows how to finish his opponents. He relies more on his hands to strike his opponents, but do not underestimate his kicks. He is coming into this fight on the back of a four fight losing streak, but will be looking to snap that with a KO in this fight.

Nikolai Raddev is a true student of mixed martial arts. Being expertly trained in all disciplines, Raddev is a fighter who likes to KO his opponents, with his Black Belt never being used to finish his opponents. Unfortunately, he hasn’t managed to secure a (T)KO win in almost a year, with all but 2 of his fights since the last one finishing via decision, and the other two being losses. He will look to snap a 3 fight losing streak in this fight, and potentially look to end his barren run of KO wins.

PREDICTION: I expect this to be a good battle, but one that “The Russian” will ultimately come out on top in. Neither fighter is having a great run as of late, so I expect this battle to come close to a decision, but for Raddev to end it before then. Nikolai Raddev to win via (T)KO in Round 3.

FIGHT #2 – Light Heavyweight Division!

Viacheslav Datsik FIGHTER Katsuji Rikidozan

38 AGE 35

33-18-0 RECORD 19-20-0

1608 (237) RANKING 1144 (169)

Russia COUNTRY Japan

6”2 (188) HEIGHT 6”2 (189)

212 (205) WEIGHT (Weigh In) 220 (205)

Boondock The Destroyer MANAGER Paulo Esquilo

THE ILLUMINATI ALLIANCE --------------

The Gentleman’s Club GYM Axia Gym

St Petersburg, Russia FIGHTING OUT OF Osaka, Japan

Our second fight of the evening comes out of the Light Heavyweight division, as it pits Viacheslav Datsik against “Ten-Ran” Katsuji Rikidozan.

Viacheslav Datsik has enjoyed mixed fortunes as of late, winning 7 of his last 11 fights, but currently coming off a loss to Felix Tilthammer in his last outing. Datsik takes a mentality of finish or be finished into his fights, with 37 of his 51 fights being ended by a finish. He likes to strike from a distance, but don’t be fooled, as he is just as deadly inside the clinch, where he likes to use his Wrestling and Muay Thai to gain a dominant position before punishing his opponents.

“Ten-Ran” Katsuji Rikidozan comes into this fight having lost in his Evo debut in his last bout after building up a 5 fight win streak outside the org. Rikidozan is much more comfortable fighting outside the clinch, and has proven his ability at causing issues for anyone there. From his previous fights, he likes to support his punching by slowing down his opponents with leg kicks, and we may see the same tactic again in this fight.

PREDICTION: Datsik holds the experience advantage, and may have the better record, but I see Rikidozan rising to the occasion in this fight. He was on a good run before his last fight, and has the confidence to get back to winning ways. It won’t be easy for him, but I expect him to be able to pull it out of the bag. Katsuji Rikidozan to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

FIGHT #3 – Lightweight Division

Dean Winchester FIGHTER Metin Eroglu

31 AGE 27

19-6-1 RECORD 21-10-1

638 (71) RANKING 1557 (171)

Uganda COUNTRY Turkey

5”5 (165) HEIGHT 5”7 (169)

165 (155) WEIGHT (Weigh In) 167 (155)

Wilson Thieatcres MANAGER Blunts Allday

Hitokiri-13 ALLIANCE Team Conquer

Condor Training GYM THC Playhouse

here, Uganda FIGHTING OUT OF Istanbul, Turkey

The next fight comes flying at you from the lightweight division as we see a bit more of an exotic clash.

Dean Winchester was disappointed in his last fight to fall to a defeat at the hands of Jacque Schtrappe. The Uganda native and long time NGF representative is eager to prove himself in Evolution and fights in the true style of a mixed martial artist. Gaining 7 KO’s and 5 subs from his 19 wins, Winchester poses a major threat in all areas, and this is one of his strengths as it keeps his opponent guessing what he might do.

Metin Eroglu on the other hand, has turned a corner in his last fast, ending a four fight losing streak with a swift guillotine victory against Boris Gregorovitsj. He is a fighter who will be looking to gain a KO of his opponent, with his last fight bringing his only submission victory. He is also comfortable with dragging a fight into the later rounds, so Winchester will have to be careful with gassing himself out.

PREDICTION: While both of these guys can look to stand and bang or drag the fight into the clinch, Winchester holds a noticeable advantage on the ground. He has a good shot at winning this fight standing, but the major advantage he has on the ground tips the scales in his favour. Dean Winchester to win via Submission in Round 2

FIGHT #4 – Light Heavyweight Division

Jia O Connor FIGHTER Patrick McWhiskey

29 AGE 33

18-7-0 RECORD 32-13-0

795 (125) RANKING 1044 (155)

Australia COUNTRY Northern Ireland

6”2 (188) HEIGHT 6”2 (188)

215 (205) WEIGHT (Weigh In) 212 (205)

Killer Bamze MANAGER Chris Karter

------------------ ALLIANCE Convicted Inc

Grappling Pro Helsinki GYM Convicted Fight Club

Byron Bay, Australia FIGHTING OUT OF Belfast, Northern Ireland

The Light Heavyweight division provides the next fight on this card for us as Jia O Connor takes on Patrick McWhiskey.

Jia O Connor has experienced a lot of highs and lows in his career, starting off with an 11 fight win streak, before then losing his next 3. He bounced back with another 4 fight win streak, but since then, he has been exchanging wins and losses. He will be hoping that trend continues as he looks to bounce back from a defeat in his last outing. He has the ability to cause trouble for his opponents in multiple areas, so it will be interesting to see which area he looks to bring this fight into.

Patrick McWhiskey on the other hand seems to see his fortunes constantly come in blocks. Currently on the wrong side of a two fight losing streak, McWhiskey is keen to get back to winning ways, and will most likely be looking to add to his 24 KOs. A win here will help to propel him away from the bottom of the Evo ladder, and will give him a platform from which he may start to look higher up for competition.

PREDICTION: Jia O Connor doesn’t match up to McWhiskey in terms of the ability to KO an opponent, and McWhiskey also holds a higher BJJ belt than him. I see McWhiskey being able to keep the fight where he is comfortable, and secure a swift victory. Patrick McWhiskey to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

FIGHT #5 – Heavyweight Division!

Donzel Fortunado FIGHTER Elias Eberhard

38 AGE 33

42-19-0 RECORD 21-9-0

1194 (169) RANKING 935 (136)

Bolivia COUNTRY Sweden

6”6 (199) HEIGHT 6”0 (184)

270 (265) WEIGHT (Weigh In) 225 (225)

Kjell Svard MANAGER Nicholas Tesla

Lords of War ALLIANCE ------------

The Jungle Elite MMA GYM The Stray Dogs

Cochabomba, Bolivia FIGHTING OUT OF Linkoping, Sweden

The first of three Heavyweight fights on the card now, as Donzel “Primo” Fortunado takes on “Downfall” Elias Eberhard.

Donzel Fortunado, whose previous managers include Chris Karter and Scott Davies, has been with current manager Kjell Svard for almost 2 years now and enjoyed more highs than lows in that time. He enjoyed a victory over Daniel Speed, and will be looking to use his elite level of boxing to take the fight to Eberhard and put him under pressure.

Elias Eberhard is currently in a slump, having lost his last three fights on the spin. The key to Eberhard winning this fight is about getting the fight to the ground where holds an advantage and can work his ground and pound. If he can’t manage to secure the takedown however, I can’t see him escaping this fight and taking it to a decision.

PREDICTION: Eberhard’s gameplan is most likely to take the fight to the ground, where he can work the ground and pound. The issue for him is that the fight and every round starts standing, so he will have to either finish him with the GnP or have to consistently gain takedowns. I expect him to be able to survive one round, but I highly doubt that he can survive two unless he can take it to the ground both times and hold the fight there. Donzel Fortunado to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

FIGHT #6 – Heavyweight Division!

Dice Thunderborn FIGHTER Niko Sirkia

33 AGE 33

23-14-0 RECORD 33-10-0

361 (54) RANKING 429 (62)

South Korea COUNTRY Finland

7”3 (220) HEIGHT 5”10 (178)

276 (265) WEIGHT (Weigh In) 230 (230)

Mega Jug MANAGER Rodrigo Machado

The Broken Halo Pride ALLIANCE ---------------------

Total Impact GYM IMMA Gym of Elite ASS

A small fire, South Korea FIGHTING OUT OF Kaarina, Finland

Two in a row now as we return to the Heavyweight division with Dice Thunderborn takes on Niko Sirkia.

Dice Thunderborn is managed by Evolution supremo Mega Jug, but his record speaks for itself. 23 wins in his MMA career, with 22 of those coming via (T)KO. He has been managed by a number of experienced managers, with Thor HGH, John Bravo, Gary Coffey and Bowser BigDog being among those. A vicious Spinning Backfist KO in the first round of his last fight has earned him a rematch against a man who beat him with only 1 second left in their last encounter with some questioning the referee’s call of stopping the fight.

Niko Sirkia comes from the stable of fighters managed by Rodrigo Machado, and he certainly fits the bill of a Machado fighter. With 10 losses, only 2 of those have been finishes, and he can certainly end a fight with 23 of his 33 wins being a finish. He utilised takedowns well, and managed to grind his opponent before the late flurry late on ended it. Thunderborn must be confident of achieving a different result, so it will be interesting to see if Sirkia goes for a change in tactic.

PREDICTION: Honestly, this is a tough fight to call. On paper, it appears Thunderborn has the edge in skills, but we have already seen him be dismantled by Sirkia once before. I am gonna guess that Thunderborn sneaks this one, and sets up for a potential rubber match in the future. Dice Thunderborn to win via (T)KO in Round 3

FIGHT #7 – Middleweight Division!

Lucas Bishop FIGHTER Jima Jamm

33 AGE 31

24-10-0 RECORD 22-5-1

133 (13) RANKING 338 (40)

USA COUNTRY UK

6”1 (185) HEIGHT 5”10 (179)

187 (185) WEIGHT (Weigh In) 198 (185)

Lance Templeton MANAGER Christian Johansson

Convicted Inc ALLIANCE Vendetta

Mary Gracies Jiu Jitsu GYM My Own…

Brooklyn, New York FIGHTING OUT OF Manchester, England

Back to the Middleweight division now, and it is gonna be a big 5 round fight as Lucas Bishop takes on Jima Jamm.

Lucas Bishop is managed by the legendary Lance Templeton, and is making his Evolution debut in this fight. He left Syn on a high, scoring a second round TKO victory over Oisin O Conghaile. He has managed to win 2/3rd of his fights outside of a decision, so he will be looking to improve that ratio by scoring an early finish today. He is an elite striker, so he will pose a threat to any opponents he comes up against.

Jima Jamm comes from REVO in London, but has a history with other orgs. He is a Hall of Famer in NGF, and had just won the championship in REVO before taking a step up in competition and he comes into his Evolution debut on the back of a 5 fight win streak. Jamm will be relying on his tactics and hiddens to help him here, as he is the underdog going into the fight.

PREDICTION: Jamm is the clear underdog here, and I don’t see Templeton underestimating his opponent here. I expect him to play this tactically to ensure he sees out a victory which is only his to lose. Lucas Bishop to win via (T)KO in Round 2

FIGHT #8 – Bantamweight Division! – TITLE FIGHT

Yonsil Clanger FIGHTER Alberto Lopez

38 AGE 38

38-13-1 RECORD 34-11-0

27 (2) RANKING 229 (10)

Canada COUNTRY Mexico

5”3 (160) HEIGHT 5”9 (175)

141 (135) WEIGHT (Weigh In) 146 (135)

Scott Park MANAGER Aleksei Nikulin

LEGION OF DOOM ALLIANCE ----------------

Ground Zero, Las Vegas (LOD) GYM Fokai Academy

Smithers, Canada FIGHTING OUT OF Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

A massive title fight now for you as two of the top 10 Bantamweights in the world clash with reigning champion Yonsil Clanger taking on Alberto Lopez.

Yonsil Clanger has had numerous previous managers, with his most recent being Lock Down, who signed him to Evo and took charge of one fight before dropping him. New manager Scott Park picked him up and has rejuvenated his career, taking him on a tear through Evo, going on an 8 fight win streak and winning the title. He has mastered the art of Lay and Pray, picking up 26 decision wins, and dominating in recent fights. He may well be facing his biggest challenge in this bout however, so it will be interesting to see if he continues to rise to the occasion.

Alberto Lopez is a recent acquisition from the now defunct HONOR Fighting Championship. He has a strong history of title fights, participating in 20 out of 45 fights, and with 16 of his last 18 being title fights. He has an impressive pedigree, and while he may prefer to strike his opponents to a finish, he also had the ability to put you to sleep with a submission should the occasion arise. Managed by Aleksei Nikulin only strengthens his chances at taking home the gold.

PREDICTION: Lopez will be looking to keep this fight standing, but also still holds the ability to cause issues for Clanger on the ground. I think his overall skill set is more diverse, and that will cause issues for Clanger. Alberto Lopez to win via (T)KO in Round 4.

FIGHT #9 – Super Heavyweight Division – Co-Main Event

Sami Hyypia FIGHTER Declan Sweeney

31 AGE 33

22-11-1 RECORD 29-10-0

408 (18) RANKING 157 (7)

England COUNTRY Ireland

7”5 (225) HEIGHT 7”5 (225)

301 (301) WEIGHT (Weigh In) 294 (294)

Bradley Burns MANAGER Dirk Copeland

Boundaries ALLIANCE The Dirty Old Cocksmen

Qube MMA GYM Rage XXX Elite

Liverpool, England FIGHTING OUT OF Dublin, Ireland

Our Co-Main Event comes fresh from the Super Heavyweight division, and there is a lot of national pride on the line as Englishman Sami Hyypia takes on Irishman Declan Sweeney.

Sami Hyypia is coming into this fight with a new management team. After being released by Bragi Ragnarson, he found solace and a new home with Bradley Burns, who was impressed with his history. He will be looking to avenge the loss he suffered under Ragnarson and hope that a new approach to things will do wonders for his game. Devastating as a striker, he has won 27 of his wins via (T)KO and will be hoping to move that up to 28.

Declan Sweeney will be feeling bitter about this match up. Having defeated Hyypia in their last encounter, he suffered a loss to Ernesto Oliveira which put him back to square one. He secured the KO of the Night award last time he fought Hyypia, so it will be interesting if he goes for the award again in this bout.

PREDICTION: Both of these fighters are evenly matched in their wrestling and BJJ, so I believe it will come down to who wins the battle of the striking. I feel Sweeney comes into this with the psychological advantage, and will come away once again with the victory. Declan Sweeney to win via (T)KO in Round 1

FIGHT #10 – Heavyweight Division! – MAIN EVENT!

Simon Williams FIGHTER Mark Kyle

36 AGE 35

35-12-1 RECORD 29-15-0

127 (26) RANKING 193 (31)

Russia COUNTRY USA

6”4 (193) HEIGHT 5”11 (180)

275 (265) WEIGHT (Weigh In) 266 (265)

Aleksei Nikulin MANAGER Chris Meat

---------- ALLIANCE Convicted Inc

Wax On Wax Off ‘Dojo GYM Outlaws Clubhouse

Camp, Russia FIGHTING OUT OF Cincinnati, Ohio

Ladies and Gentleman, our main event is brought to you by Hellbent clothing, and it comes from the Heavyweight Division as Simon Williams takes on Mark Kyle.

Simon Williams has fought a host of names who are recognisable the world over, and he will be looking to go for the title with a win in this fight. Suffering a loss in his last bout seems to only have made him more determined, and that could spell something dangerous for his opponent. His striking credentials are unquestionable, and he has enough about him to keep the fight standing. Having 30 KO’s in 35 wins is another impressive stat, but his main pro is that he has solid technique combined with an impressive work ethic to take the fight to his opponents.

Mark Kyle is one year the junior of his opponent, but he has certainly got enough about him to cause problems. 21 KO wins in 29 fights, along with 2 submission wins will be a concern for Williams, as he knows he will need to keep the fight standing. These two have fought before, with Williams gaining the unanimous decision win, but Kyle won the first round on all scorecards. Kyle will need to do more of what he did in that round, as Williams can easily come back into the fight at any time and undo any good work he has done until then.

PREDICTION: Overall, I think these two will put on a fantastic fight. Williams took time to edge his way into the first fight, and he dominated from there. I think there will be a finish this time, and I expect it to come into the extra rounds. Simon Williams to win via (T)KO in Round 4

So that is our preview of EVO144: FunkMaster. I hope you like the preview, and it will be interesting to see how these fights turn out. One thing is for sure, it is certain to be another stellar event!

• Upvote 2

Evolution

EVO147: High Life

Date: 21st Janurary 2015

Arena: LA Memorial Colossuseum (93,607)

Merch Partner: Hellbent – The Periennial #1 Clothing Company and Clothing Company of the Year 2015

Hello again ladies and gentlemen, and welcome once more to our Preview of EVOLUTION’s upcoming event, EVO147: High Life! It is another exciting event, and after the last preview, I appreciate all the positive comments and I am excited to continue the same form! No title fights in this event, but that does not mean it isn’t filled with some of the most widely known names in MMA! So without further ado, let’s get right down to the nitty gritty!

FIGHT #1 – Middleweight (185) Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/ea3d92f1f82e75c5bcb0be9cfce766ac.png

Our first fight comes from the Middleweight division as Chance Boudreau looks to add another win against M J “Warbird” Shain.

Following the recent acquisition, and subsequent merger, of HONOR Fighting Championships into EVOLUTION, Chance Boudreau was one of the additions to the roster. He comes into Evo on the back of avenging his loss to Baraka Simengwa in his final HONOR event, and Chance is enjoying his improvement under new manager Damien Washington as he has gone 5-2 since joining up with the Evil Empire member. He likes to use a mix of striking and clinchwork to dominate his opponents and work them over, and that could be the gameplan again against Shain.

M J Shain has had a tough start to life in Evo, as he has gone 0-2 since joining. He has the power though to change that with one punch, something his opponent will need to be aware of, or risk becoming complacent. Shain hasn’t lost 3 fights in a row since 2010, and he won’t be looking to change that. He trains with a good camp at Mello MMA and has a good team behind him in the Legion of Pain, so he should be well prepared for this fight. He looks to be a jack of all trades, as he likes to strike, but is known to also shoot for the takedown should the opportunity arise. It will be interesting to see what his tactic is in this bout.

PREDICTION: I feel this will be the fight that hands Shain his first 3 fight losing streak in over 4 years. I see Chance being able to utilise his own gameplan, and spelling a bad evening for “Warbird” in this fight. Chance Boudreau to win via Unanimous Decision.

FIGHT #2 – Bantamweight (135) Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/19828138fcd59b7fdfa7bc4ea2ff97fa.png

We now head to the Bantamweight division as the holy one himself, Jesus of Nazareth, attempts to cleanse the serial offender from the Rape Academy, Eli Armis.

Jesus of Nazareth has been on a mission to enlighten the fighters of EVO about the word of God, but he has found some stiff resistance so far as he has gone 1-1 in his career with the org. He has recently turned 40, and has claimed that he believes the power of the lord will allow him to keep going as he wishes to save the sinners he fights. He prefers to keep the fight at striking range, where he feels he is at his best. He hands the reach advantage to his opponent however, so he may try to take the fight to his opponent more.

Eli Armis is on a 3 fight losing streak, and is reportedly one of the main fighters that Jesus of Nazareth has targeted in order to cleanse the Evo roster. After going 12 fights without losing, which has 10 wins and 2 draws, he is on the receiving end of a loss in his last three fights, but he feels it will make a huge statement to win this fight. A dedicated student at the Rape Academy in Los Angeles, he has mastered the art of grappling, which puts his opponents in an extremely uncomfortable position as they aren’t sure whether Armis will go for the submission or simply aim for penetration. Sometimes, he tries to go for both at the same time and this usually ends up costing him. With 23 subs in 24 wins, it is clear his game plan will be to get the fight to the ground, and make Jesus tap out, I imagine he will go for irony and try it from a crucifix position.

PREDICTION: Armis appears to have enough about him to survive for long enough standing that he can gain a takedown. He has the advantage in wrestling over his opponent, so it is just a question of whether he can survive for long enough. Eli Armis to win via Submission in Round 1.

FIGHT #3 – Heavyweight (265) Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/b39ce1db0bc508652bbd7505fd474786.png

We move further up the scales with a Heavyweight clash now as Donzel Fortunado takes on Mitchel Stehling.

Donzel Fortunado suffered a bad loss in his last bout against Elias Eberhard, as he was unable to do anything from the ground or the clinch. He will be itching to get a KO win in this fight to make up for his last performance, and he feels it will be a huge statement to do it against the 90 fight veteran.

Mitchell Stehling is a true legend of MMA, as he enters the cage for the 91st time in his career. He recently joined up with a new manager in Ethan Downs, who recently won Manager Comeback of the Year 2015, which is an indication he doesn’t feel his career is done just yet. He has said previously his aim is to reach 100 fights, and to go on a winning streak to that goal. He has achieved 37 KO wins in his career, and he will be looking to add another in this fight!

PREDICTION: Last time out, I backed Fortunado in his fight against a grappler, and he was dominated even inside the clinch. This is a fight more suited to his game, but his biggest strength is also his opponents biggest strength. A stand up war is expected, and don’t be surprised to see the veteran take this one. Mitchel Stehling to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

FIGHT #4 – Light Heavyweight (205) Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/c5113744660d6b773e932fa3aa019980.png

We move down one to the Light Heavyweight division now as the aptly named “Boran” Muay Thai takes on Jan “Polish Soldier” Sobieski.

Muay Thai is a pure striker, known to have limbs of stone and a jaw of glass. He looks for the KO in every fight, with only 8 of his 53 fights not having a KO. Luckily for him, 26 of those KO’s were his own, but he seems to be very much a KO or be KO’ed style of fighter, as he has lost 19 times via KO. He will be hoping his chin can hold on just long enough to let him beat his opponent.

Jan Sobieski is a highly decorated fighter in MMA, who has fought in the best orgs out there. Having challenged for the title in four different orgs, he has shown he truly belongs among the elite. He has demonstrated the ability to finish his opponents in the past, and he can also dominate enough to win decisions, but he will be fancying his chances to win this fight. He outclasses his opponent on the ground, but Thai’s glass chin also means Sobieski can fair well in the stand up if he gets a good opening.

PREDICTION: I feel we will definitely see a finish in this fight. I don’t see Thai being able to last the full fight without the glass chin coming into effect, so again, it is a case of KO or be finished. Sobieski can easily counter into a takedown, so I feel Sobieskis greater diversity will help him here. Jan Sobieski to win via Submission in Round 2

FIGHT #5 – Bantamweight (135) Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/a74986ffd445bc4e925e4adc94a3dca1.png

Up next we have a mouthwatering battle as we have Microscopic Hunt take on the Fight Character of the Year 2014, Oompa Loompa!

Microscopic Hunt has a name that makes you question what he does in his spare time, but when he gets down to his work, he is a sight to behold. He is undefeated in his last 3 fights, including one draw in his last bout against Clint Lomax. He will be looking to extend that, and he can do it in a variety of ways. He has 10 KO wins and 8 Submission wins so far in his career, so his opponents have to be wary of his ability.

Oompa Loompa was one of the most recognised names in 2014, and that was backed up as he took home the Fight Character of the Year award. He will be looking to make 2015 an even better year, and no better way for him to do that than to kick it off with a win. Like his opponent, Loompa has the ability to finish this fight anywhere, having 8 KO’s and 7 Submission wins. He comes into this fight on a high having defeated Alfredo Torres in his last bout, he will be looking to make another charge to the top.

PREDICTION: This is a big fight on the card, and it makes a testament to the quality of fights that this is only the 5thfight on the card. I predict a tactical battle, but I feel this fight is Oompa Loompa’s to lose. Oompa Loompa to win via Unanimous Decision.

FIGHT #6 – Lightweight (155) Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/5565d2c4bc91d843f0789bbff0811e50.png

A Lightweight battle now as we see Noel Contemprato take on Sergei Dragunov.

Noel Contemprato is yet another fighter from Mike Hunt’s impressive roster to feature on this card. He is another dangerous striker, with his boxing and muay thai being world renowned, and he has supported this with developing his wrestling and BJJ. He lost the title in his first defence, but has since bounced back with an impressive TKO win over Brandon Marsden. He will be looking to follow that up with another win and put himself into title contention once more.

Sergei Dragunov comes from the same alliance as Contemprato, but he is managed by The Clown Prince of Crime formerly known as Kshitijscholes. He also has striking skills which are widely recognised in MMA, with 50% of his wins coming through KO. He has also got a couple of submission wins to show he is no slouch on the ground. He has come over from HONOR Fighting Championships where he was their final Lightweight champion before the merger. He will be looking to move up and claim the EVO title by winning in this fight.

PREDICTION: I see Contemprato just having a bit too much for Dragunov to take. Noel Contemprato to win via (T)KO in Round 3

FIGHT #7 – Light Heavyweight (205) Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/c06f89b05fa066c2d4a6e12d82d82f00.png

Up the divisions now again with a Light Heavyweight bout that pits Tiyaro Feitsora against Felix Tilthammer.

Tiyaro Feitsora is one of the highest hyped fighters on the roster, and there is a real feeling that he can go to the top of the division. He has a feared Muay Thai game, but also has a Black Belt, so he is comfortable in any position. With his backing at Convicted Inc, Feitsora poses a threat to anyone he steps into the cage with.

Felix Tilthammer is another cornerstone in the MMA world. With this being his 74th fight, one can only wonder how long he will go on for. He claims he still feels fit to fight at the age of 45, and that experience will come handy as he looks to keep his career going. He wasn’t actually knocked out for the first 4 years of his career until he suffered a Flying Knee loss to Bill Hickok, so that survivability may be key in this fight.

PREDICTION: Unfortunately for Tilthammer, I expect the younger fighter to take this fight. Tiyaro Feitsora to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

FIGHT #8 – Super Heavyweight (265) Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/d1d06c7313382e6801cb60ce6ff638ff.png

Coming up now, we have a huge Super Heavyweight fight between Jay Jay Mutombo and Declan Sweeney.

Jay Jay Mutombo was one of the biggest names in MMA before signing for EVO, and he has had a shaky start since joining. He is 1-1 so far in his EVO career, but there is no doubting his credentials. He still holds the title for NGF and UOC, and he will be hoping to push up and claim a third championship belt. He has the ability to put his opponents to sleep, but he may find himself in an uncomfortable position in this fight.

Declan Sweeney is a monster of a man, and nobody doubts he has the ability to beat anybody. Standing at 7”5 tall, he holds an entire foot in height difference over Mutombo, and that means a hell of a lot of reach advantage. His KO power is evident in that he has 27 KO’s from 29 wins, and that could move up to 28 in this fight. As well as great hands, he has enough about his kicks to be able to increase his striking from range against Mutombo.

PREDICTION: I expect this to be a great striking fight, but Sweeney has enough of a reach advantage to control the fight. Declan Sweeney to win via (T)KO in Round 2

CO-MAIN EVENT!

FIGHT #9 – Light Heavyweight (205) Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/cf8ac7360993c8115de52e6a143ecbc2.png

A huge Co-Main event for you as the man who still holds the 205 UOC belt Hans Thor takes on the world renowned A J Hearts.

Hans Thor has amazing KO power and tremendous survivability. He comes from the controversial Moyses Mattos stable, but one thing that isn’t in doubt, is that he knows how to fight. He won his last fight via KO, to make it 17 KO wins from 18. He faces possibly his hardest test in this fight, and a win here will solidify him as a title contender.

A J Hearts is one of modern MMA’s most recognised names. Managed by Klatz Matz, he has Elite wrestling and a solid striking game, but he is on a downward slip at the moment. He lost in the Winter Olympics first round, and then he ost his title in his last fight. He will be looking to get back on the title hunt with a win here, and you can help but feel the winner in this bout makes a huge statement in the division.

PREDICTION: A huge fight here, and tough to predict a winner, but I feel Hans Thor has just enough about him to get the job done here. Hans Thor to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

MAIN EVENT!

FIGHT #10 – Heavyweight (265) Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/e54bfa9286cb9ae1f233820fb93f3819.png

A massive main event for you here, as Opie Winston takes on Wei Pei.

Opie Winston is a huge man, standing at 7”3 and walking around at 276lbs. He is managed by EVO owner Mega Jug, and has Elite levels of Boxing and Wrestling. Holding 22 KO’s from 24 wins shows he has immense KO power, and he is currently on a 3 fight winning streak. He has the ability to win any fight he is put in, so you have to wonder who he will be against next if he manages to win this fight.

Wei Pei is the third fighter from Moyses Mattos’ stable to be involved in this card, and he is certainly the biggest. He holds Elite Boxing himself, and there isn’t too much difference between himself and Winston. Every single fight he has won has come through KO, but he lost his last fight via Unanimous Decision. His credentials are only boosted by him being the holder of the Syn 265+ belt, and this is gonna be a huge clash!

PREDICTION: In this fight, Pei is the slight underdog in skill, but his hiddens are unquestionable. I feel Winston’s extra weight and height will aid him here, but there isn’t too much to separate these two. Opie Winston to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

That’s all for this preview of tonight’s event! As always, we will be keeping an eye out for results, and also be sure to keep your eyes out for our preview of next week's EVO event!

• Upvote 2

EVOLUTION

EVO148: Dos Bueno

Date: 28th January 2015

Arena: LA Memorial Colossuseum

Merch Partner: Hellbent – The Perennial Clothing Company and Clothing Company of the Year 2015

PPV: Live from 2am only on the Tycoon Network

Hello ladies and gentleman and welcome to our preview of EVOLUTION’s latest event! Following a big event last week, this time, EVOLUTION is bringing you the biggest card of 2015 so far! Live on PPV, this event features 9 fighters in the top 10 of their respective weight classes and 3 of the top 10 P4P in the world, this is the event you do not want to miss! On top of all that, we have three title fights which will decide the true undisputed champions of the divisions! It is a true pleasure to write about these warriors, so without further ado, let’s get right down to it!

FIGHT #1 – Super Heavyweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/639a3ff8b1d7162631bc9da30a3a5d79.png

A huge card needs to be started off in a huge away, and as such, we go straight to the Super Heavyweight division for two of the best as Olympic Silver Medallist Yeo Jae Suk takes on “The Final Boss” Neo Kable.

Yeo Jae Suk comes into this fight having competed in the Olympics where he made it to the finals before falling to the #1 P4P fighter in the world Rinky Spider. He is 6-5 under current manager Mega Jug, and has held titles in two orgs before, and a win in this fight will help his chances at gaining a rematch against Rinky Spider, this time with the 265+ title at stake. He is a brutal striker with 17 KO wins to his name, and he will be looking to add another to that.

Neo Kable has certainly earned his name over his career. One of the greatest fighters to have never been #1 P4P in the world, Kable’s highest rank as been at #3, and in modern times, he is currently sitting at #15. A former Super Heavyweight champion in three different orgs, including a near 6 month reign as champion in EVO, Kable is looking to gain an opportunity at the world title, and a huge rubber match against current champion Rinky Spider!

PREDICTION: Two huge fighters in this fight to kick off, and you have to say it is a KO enthusiasts dream. Both of these guys have lost more times by KO than any other way, but both are extremely talented at knocking people out themselves. Whoever wins will be launched to the upper echelons further, and will find themselves kicking the door down for a title shot! Neo Kable to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

FIGHT #2 – Welterweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/bad0054f8a1b91d8c09bcbbadd2cd37f.png

Another big fight here as Dahl Haas takes on multiple time champion Jorge Junior.

Dahl Haas is an extremely bright talent who, at only 27 years old, has his best years ahead of him still. He has demonstrated his striking ability, with 11 KO wins from 13, and he will be looking to bounce back from his lost in his last bout to Lance Templeton. He showed his ability to last 5 rounds in his EVO debut so he could be looking to drag this fight out.

Jorge Junior is coming into this fight on the back of a disappointing defeat to one of tonight’s Co-Main eventers, Johnny Fantastic, and he has the ability to come back with a win here tonight. Junior once held both the 170 and 185lbs titles at the same time in EVO, and it is that kind of pedigree that he will be looking to help him here. He is one of the best wrestlers in the world today, and can grind out a result from anywhere. That’s not to say he is a slouch in the action either, as he has 10 Fight of the Night bonuses throughout his career. His BJJ Black Belt may come into play here, as there is not much else to separate these two.

PREDICTION: With both of these guys being so evenly matched, it is questionable whether Junior’s superior BJJ will be a factor in this. It is going to be a good fight between the young upstart and the rigid veteran, and whoever wins will have earned it against a tough opponent. Dahl Haas to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

FIGHT #3 – Heavyweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/8ac1daf18086f8c668e8b2d98dd9ed01.png

Our third fight of the evening comes out of the Heavyweight division here as “Rock Em Sock Em” Rockford Knight pits his skills against Irving Brown.

Rockford Knight is a former two-time Golden Gloves boxing champ who suffered Olympic disappointment before, as he failed a test for marijuana after being selected as an alternate. He has worked his way up the ranks of MMA since then and is making his EVO debut in this bout. He has shown his Boxing prowess, scoring 22 KO’s from his 24 wins, including 7 KO of the Night bonuses. He suffered defeat in his last bout for the new defunct CONFLICT title, but it looking to build himself back up and put himself into contention for a title in his new home. A victory of Brown here will put the division on notice, and I expect Knight will be eyeing up that KO of the Night bonus too.

Irving Brown is also a relative newcomer to EVO having made his debut in his last bout in a winning effort against Elias Eberhard. A former Heavyweight and Super Heavyweight champion with different orgs, Brown knows what it takes to be a champion, and a win here against a contender close to him in the rankings will do wonders for his rise in the division. He is also a talented KO fighter, with 20 KO’s from 24 wins, and this will be a crunching battle between two fights who will be seeking to earn a KO win.

PREDICTION: A good battle here, and I don’t see it going past the second round. Both of these guys will want a KO win, and they will be going out to seek it. Rockford Knight to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

FIGHT #4 – Heavyweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/b3bce405f44af21b836f5e1bbb6b7370.png

A couple of big names now as we stick with the Heavyweight division with Apollo Gutz takes on Tigran Badoyan.

Apollo Gutz is another fighter making his EVO debut in this bout, after a run with Dominance. He has Elite wrestling which he uses to keep the fight where he wants it to be. He has shot in for counter takedowns in the past, so he can exploit the weaknesses his opponents have. 11 KO wins from his 15 wins shows a fantastic finisher, and he will be looking to start his career in EVO with a bang!

Tigran Badoyan makes his return to EVO in this bout after a short spell away in Claymore Elite Combat for the Winter Olympics, in which he finished as the Bronze Medallist. He has suffered ups and downs since the end of the ITFL season 2 in which he was a Semi Finalist, and will be looking to gain a second win in a row again with the aim to gain a three fight winning streak for the first time since the ITFL. He is looking to build up a good life for himself after a life of hardships, and wants enough cash to take care of his mother. I’m sure a nice win bonus in this fight will be enough to keep them both ticking for a while.

PREDICTION: A tough fight to predict, bith Badoyan appearing to be a slight favourite in the stand up, but both guys are extremely talented and either person can win. Gutz could potentially take this to the ground, but this is a complete guessing game. Tigran Badoyan to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

FIGHT #5 – Heavyweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/5d4a038fefce8d0c4291dcb678639738.png

Yet another Heavyweight brawl here as Damien “The Core” Hardacre goes up against Samppa Linna.

Damien Hardacre is making his EVO debut in this fight after signing following his leaving Hilo Fight League where he was the Heavyweight champion. He was one of the best fighters outside of EVO, and now he has his chance to test himself further. He is currently on a huge 11 fight win streak, a run that has left him on the brink of breaking into the top 10, something he will surely enter with a win in this fight.

Another fighter on a winning streak is Samppa Linna who has won his last 6 fights straight, and probably even more incredible is that all 12 of his wins have come via (T)KO. He spent his entire career so far in Umbrella Corp after finishing QFC’s, and was quickly snapped up by EVO after Umbrella Corp shut down. A win in this fight will see him fly up the rankings, so it is a high stakes fight against the larger opponent.

PREDICTION: Hardacre should have this fight won on paper, but you can’t count out any Jorma Oltsu fighter. Hardacre has the height and weight advantage, but will need to ensure he makes good use of it. At the same time however, he will be against the lighter and more agile opponents. Samppa Linna to win via (T)KO in Round 1

FIGHT #6 – Welterweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/9c38e6b097f88963a94dcaeb4e1e703d.png

A break away from the Heavyweights now as we take a trip to the Welterweight division where Ziggy Cliff takes on Eddie Clark.

Ziggy Cliff is one of the best fighters on the planet, coming in at #29 in the P4P ranks and #5 in the Welterweight division. He is backed by a fantastic manager in Chris Karter, and has a good team at Convicted Inc. In between writing some of his smash hits, he also won the HONOR FC Fighter of the Year, while also winning multiple titles over the years. Technically, he never lost two of those titles, and he will be looking at the world title after this fight in order to add #3 to his collection.

Eddie Clark is the younger fighter in this match but he is extremely talented, and like Cliff, he is also backed by a good team. His manager is Ruphus Duphus, the current #5 manager in the world, and also the Dirty Old Cocksmen alliance. He suffered disappointment in his last outing as he was defeated by current kingpin Bowser Stormcrow, but that won’t keep Clark back. He is still young enough to make a charge to the top, and that starts with this fight.

PREDICTION: A big fight here which pits two great managers against each other, and two of the best fighters. Both of these guys have the ability to finish each other, so it comes down to sliders completely in this. Ziggy Cliff to win via (T)KO in Round 3

FIGHT #7 – Heavyweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/f4537623920ee5c10ccd5167c57f5548.png

Back up to the Heavyweight division now and we get some world beaters as #5 ranked Brick Tires takes on #20 rankedSimon Williams.

Brick Tires is just one of the many superstar currently under the management of the 2014 Manager of the Year Bowser BigDog. Brick Tires was one of the three fighters who earned Bowser one of the greatest achievements of all time in MMA Tycoon of having the #1 Manager Spot, while also having the #1, #2 and #3 P4P fighters at the same time. Brick Tires own personal history is just as impressive, as he holds the 265lbs title of Synchronicity, as well as numerous trophies, with the only one avoiding him is the #1 P4P which was kept out of his reach by fellow Bowser fighter Rinky Spider. He was one of the shocks of the Winter Olympics as he was eliminated in the first round, and he will be looking to put that disappointment behind him with a win here to get back on track.

Simon Williams comes from the roster of Aleksei Nikulin and he has fought a who’s who of fighters in MMA Tycoon, with the names being instantly recognisable. He won in his last outing, and will be looking to gain revenge for his last fight against a Bowser fighter when he lost to Rinky Spider in October last year, and a win over Brick Tires will again put him to the forefront of minds when thinking of potential title contenders.

PREDICTION: A good battle between two top fighters, and two top managers, and it will be interesting to see who comes out on top. These two have never fought before, and it will be a fresh fight from two top contenders. Brick Tires to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

FIGHT #8 – Light Heavyweight Division! – TITLE FIGHT!

http://i.gyazo.com/d95af96e39bceb11fce182162fe3c76f.png

Our first title fight of the evening now as the Light Heavyweight champion Thomas Boothe takes on the challengerMalietoa Feti.

Thomas Boothe is another fighter to come from manager Aleksei Nikulin, and he had an instant impact in his debut since joining from HONOR FC as he claimed the 205lbs title from Tolo Seia. He actually lost his last fight in HONOR to Ziggy Cliff, but bounced back with that win in his debut for EVO. His title win gave him his title in his 4th different org, and he will be looking to extend his stay at the top with a victory in his first title defense.

Malietoa Feti is going to be one of Boothe’s toughest opponents ever as he is only a few spaces behind him in the P4P rankings. He has Elite levels of Boxing, Muay Thai and Wrestling, and this has helped him to go on a 5 fight win streak going into this fight having defeated some top contenders.

PREDICTION: Two huge KO artists in this bout, with Boothe having 33 (T)KO wins and Feti having 20 (T)KO wins. On the flipside, Boothe has never been finished in his career, and we could potentially see one here. Malietoa Feti to win via (T)KO in Round 4.

FIGHT #9 – Welterweight Division! – TITLE FIGHT!

http://i.gyazo.com/4f6419eb4e09bbeb895f988a0379607d.png

We go to the Welterweight Division for our Co-Main event now, and it is a mouthwatering clash as the #2 P4P Fighter in the World Bowser Stormcrow takes on the #4 P4P Fighter Johnny Fantastic.

Bowser Stormcrow is truly a global MMA superstar, and you would be hard pushed to find a manager who hasn’t heard the name. He comes from the world renowned roster of Bowser BigDog and he has backed up his ranking with impressive wins. Only one man has a positive record against Stormcrow, with Stormcrow having had rematches against all others who beat him and he has claimed wins against them all. The only person keeping Stormcrow from the #1 spot is stablemate Spider, and he will need to claim a win here if he wants to keep the pressure on Spider for that spot.

Johnny Fantastic is the best fighter P4P in the Welterweight division after Stormcrow. The former pornstar is currently riding a 4 fight win streak in which he claimed the NGF title before he moved onto a fight with Rutger which he won. He claimed a win over Jorge Junior in his last bout to earn this title shot, and he will be looking to solidify himself as the main man in the division.

PREDICTION: Both of these men are equally skilled in their standing offensive, and I doubt this fight will go to the ground. This fight will decide the #1 fighter in the Welterweight division, and it will be interesting to see who rises to the occasion and who cracks under the enormous pressure. Bowser Stormcrow to win via Unanimous Decision.

FIGHT #10 – Heavyweight Division! – TITLE FIGHT!

http://i.gyazo.com/dfedd674c716565438b06d6c9f127744.png

Now, it is the fight we have been waiting for, with the fighter we have been waiting for, as the undisputed #1 P4P fighter in the world and Fighter of the Year 2014, the multi-division champion Rinky Spider takes on the former Heavyweight champion of both Immortals and NGF Vyacheslav Kalashnikov.

Rinky Spider is the undisputed #1 fighter in the world right now, and has been for some time now. He has won every fight since last Summer, amassing a huge 11 fight win streak, with victories over some of the biggest names in the sport. Numerous sources have already claimed Spider has achieved the status of GOAT and it is hard to argue against his accomplishments. He holds both the 265lbs and 265+lbs titles in EVO, such has been his dominance. In addition to his achievements, he has 31 (T)KO wins from 33 wins, showing incredible KO power in addition to his Granite Chin. Spider will be going into this fight full of confidence, and will look to increase his reign at the top of the Tycoon world.

Vyacheslav Kalashnikov is aiming to become the man who dethrones Spider from the Heavyweight championship, and in addition, improve his own ranking within the world. Currently on a two fight win streak, he has never fought against Spider, and will hope that a fresh approach will be able to catch Spider off guard so he can overthrow him. 25 (T)KO’s in 28 wins shows he has the power to get to his opponents, and while people may question his chin, he has the heart to come back swinging if someone gets to him which could be a tricky fixture for Spider to overcome. One thing is for sure, whoever wins this fight will deserve to be the champion.

PREDICTION: When you have the #1 P4P fighter in the world, it is hard to go against him, even with such a talented challenger. There will be a major boost for whoever wins, with Kalashnikov being propelled to new heights in his career while Spider will boost his claim to being the GOAT. A breath-taking clash, and one that I for one will be bookmarking immediately! Rinky Spider to win via (T)KO in Round 3.

That’s it from me for this event. I thoroughly enjoyed casting my eye over such high level fighters and to be able to comment on them. Be sure to get involved in the discussion in this thread, and keep an eye on the event for the results which will change the landscape of MMA!

NEW YORK FIGHT NIGHTS presents….

NYFN30: Jacobs vs Roach

Date: 31st January 2015

Arena: Credit Card Center (7,000 seater)

Merch Partner: Vandal Fight Boutique & Laundry

Good evening ladies and gentleman and welcome to this preview of NYFN’s upcoming event, NYFN30: Jacobs vs Roach. This is going to be one of NYFN’s biggest events to date, and we go to the Credit Card Center in the Big Apple! Without further ado, let’s get right down to the action!

FIGHT #1 – Welterweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/50f91c339aa1dd50e0a7604ee0faff01.png

Our first fight of the evening comes from the Welterweight division as two young prospects look to take another step forward as Leon Khan takes on Claude Bouchard.

Leon Khan is a clinch fighter who has recently won his manager some VIP time after emerging as the victor of a QFC tournament. He demonstrated devastating ability in wearing his opponents down, while also finishing them with a combination of Elbows and Knees. We will have to see if his experience from the QFC can translate into success in an org setting.

Claude Bouchard has only had one fight in his career, but it was one in which he absolutely dominated. He is a boxer who also has a bit of wrestling about him, so he could be the perfect counter measure to Khan’s clinch game. He holds a slight reach advantage, and he may use that to keep his opponent at distance.

PREDICTION: Well it appears that Khan will struggle to make the weight cut for this fight, so it may not even go ahead, but if it does, I expect Bouchard to absolutely dominate with the advantage of extra energy. Claude Bouchard to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

FIGHT #2 – Lightweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/c93155006c68b868a3d336803180fe62.png

The Lightweight Division plays host to the next fight as we have experience vs youth with Mr Teeto playing the part of experience and Melcone Aisa acting as youth.

Mr Teeto has had a rocky path as of late. After winning his first 4 fights, he lost the next 3 before rolling off another 3 wins. He has lost 2 of his last 3 fights, and will be looking to gaining another win in this bout. He has ability striking at range, but his true bread and butter is inside the clinch where he uses Muay Thai to devastating effect. He holds the reach advantage as well, so it will be interesting to see if he will look to strike from range rather than clinch.

Melcone Aisa is an all rounder. He has a Brown Belt in BJJ but we haven’t seen it used so far as he has gained all his wins via (T)KO. The diversity in his offense is what makes him a tricky opponent, and he holds a major skill advantage over his older opponent. He holds a significant advantage on the ground but he may look to use his striking to send out a statement to the rest of the division.

PREDICTION: I have to go with Youth in this instance. He has worse Muay Thai than Teeto, but Aisa is better in all other areas, as well as having the higher ranked manager. Melcone Aisa to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

FIGHT #3 – Welterweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/86bd15ef3c59053b4d5580e6eb098d9f.png

Back to the Welterweights now as we have a 25 year old fighting a 19 year old with Johnny Langstrom duking it out withDerek Gaines.

Johnny Langstrom is a 25 year old fighter who hails from somewhere in England. Orphaned as a child, the misfortune for him would continue when even his own manager would abandon him when his VIP ran out. We know Langstrom is a striker, who has a KO win going for him, but he was KO’ed in his last fight. He will be hoping a win here will make him more appealing to any potential managers watching.

Derek Gaines is a 19 year old fighter coming straight from the notorious Compton, California. He is a BJJ fighter who also suffered a KO loss in his last fight, and he will be hoping to gain a Submission victory here. He is backed by David Murphy of the LOD alliance, and he will be hoping his training at the {CBK} Kickboxing Academy will aid him in this bout.

PREDICTION: I expect the misfortune to continue for Langstrom. With no manager, he won’t have trained in preparation for this fight in the past 3 weeks. Gaines on the other hand will be looking to take advantage and gain another win. Derek Gaines to win via Submission in Round 1.

FIGHT #4 – Middleweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/d299cdd1bf4c38a634a7cf14661f8221.png

Up to the Middleweight division now as Distor Centura takes on Tumbu Bukasa.

Distor Centura hails from the Outback, and this 29 year old loves to wrassle! A ground and pound fighter, he suffered a disappointing loss in his last outing, and he is looking to get a win here. His strength comes from being able to control the action after taking the fight to the ground, allowing him to fire off his shots and leaving his opponents unable to defend themselves. A similar fate awaits his opponent here if he isn’t wary.

Tumbu Bukasa is a Muay Thai fighter from the DR of Congo, and he uses this to his advantage. 7 wins in his career, of which 6 were KO’s, shows he has the ability to finish a fight, and he uses his impressive kicks to wear his opponents down before going for the big finish!

PREDICTION: Centura has a slight wrestling advantage, and will hope to get the takedown quickly before Bukasa’s kicks can wear him down. I expect a first round win as Centura will either GnP his way there or Bukasa will kick him down. Tumbu Bukasa to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

FIGHT #5 – Middleweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/99ee70fe56200731e2526a67dd2ea5cd.png

Staying with the Middleweight division now, it’s another old vs young fight as 30 year old Jack Bruce takes on the 23 year old Harold Stone.

Jack Bruce is currently on a 2 fight losing streak, but he has the KO power to change that easily. Toughened up by his upbringing on Long Island, Bruce is also known to be partial to a nice submission should the situation call for it as his last win came from an impressive Anaconda Choke! His opponent will need to be careful or he could be finished from anywhere.

Harold Stone is a boxer who grew up in Las Vegas so he knows how to survive in a hectic area. 7 (T)KO wins in 9 wins shows he has the ability, and his superior wrestling should let him keep it standing where his boxing can do the talking. He holds a significant weight advantage and this means he has a lot more muscle to be flexing while striking.

PREDICTION: I expect this fight to go to the bigger fighter, and I don’t expect it to last the distance. Harold Stone to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

FIGHT #6 – Lightweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/8ef402ed532bd15c061eb073314e7c1d.png

The first of a series of Lightweight fights now as “The Armor of God” Francesco Torzoni takes on Nikolai Nation.

Francesco Torzoni has had a host of experienced managers, and with linking up with Axia Inc of The Goonies, he has continued that. He is experienced in all areas, with KO wins accompanying his Sub win that shows he is no one-trick pony. He also has a Granite Chin, which could keep him in the fight when he looks out. He is making his Debut in NYFN here after a brief run with MMA Helsinki, and he will be looking to start as he means to go on.

Nikolai Nation has another experienced manager in Senzo Tanaka of The Legion of Pain, and he is looking to bounce back after experiencing his first loss in his last bout for the title. He will be hoping a win here will propel him back into the title picture, and his Elite boxing is a problem for anyone who steps into the cage with him.

PREDICTION: A good battle here, and I have a feeling the debutant will spring a surprise on his opponent here. Torzoni is the more rounded fighter, and his Granite Chin could be the difference here. Francesco Torzoni to win via (T)KO in Round 3.

FIGHT #7 – Lightweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/41a6e513600c8876cd675790961847ce.png

Another Lightweight fight now with an international flavour to it as Elias Al Haddad takes on Hannibal Barca.

Elias Al Haddad hails from the United Arab Emirates and he has a penchant for going the distance. 15 decisions in 28 fights shows he has the cardio to go that far, and it is his striking that helps him so much. He is coming into this fight on the back of a loss and he may look to use his experience at going three rounds to swamp his opponent into tiring while scoring points.

Hannibal Barca is a devastating BJJ fighter who is undefeated, with all of his wins coming through Submission. He will be looking to extend that undefeated streak, while at the same time, look to make a claim for a title shot by gaining another submission win. He has a fantastic wrestling game to gain the position for his BJJ to take over, and Al Haddad will need to be careful.

PREDICTION: With this fight going three rounds, I don’t think Al Haddad can survive that long without going to the ground. He will need to gain a (T)KO but with his record, I don’t see him doing that before Barca gains a takedown. Hannibal Barca to win via Submission in Round 1.

FIGHT #8 – Lightweight Division! – TITLE FIGHT!

http://i.gyazo.com/f3d3219b52bb5e15e29f24f34ddecbc4.png

A title fight for you now as Quentin DeBramalo looks to defend his belt once more before the Tycoon MMA Championships against the challenger Kolt Ganger.

Quentin DeBramalo comes into this fight for his first title defence since winning the title from Nikolai Nation. He is currently on a 6 fight winning streak, and his striking is something to behold. He has shown a tendency to go for submissions while on the ground, so it will be interesting to see if that comes into play here. With his Striking being so great, and his Ground game being solid, it is hard to pinpoint a weakness for him other than just swinging and hoping to connect clean.

His challenger is Kolt Ganger who is currently on a 3 fight winning streak. He prefers to fight within the clinch and on the ground, and he will be looking to go into these areas if he is to stand a chance in this bout. He is managed by Chris Meat of Convicted Inc so he has a good backing team, and we could see this potentially change the fight.

PREDICTION: Overall, I think DeBramalo’s ability in all areas will help him to claim the win here as he will just have too much for the challenger unless he gets taken down where it seems pretty even. Quentin DeBramalo to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

CO-MAIN EVENT!

FIGHT #9 – Lightweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/1540bfd04563e222fc027ce0890ff0f7.png

The final Lightweight fight of the evening comes between Jonqw Fray and Arshnoor Singh, with the winner probably being next in line for a title bout!

Jonqw Fray hails from United Kingdom, and his ground game is deadly! 9 Submission wins, along with 2 (T)KO wins shows he hates leaving fights in the hands of the judges, where he has lost his two fights. He loves to take the fight to the ground, where his BJJ pays off huge dividends, and can also brutalise them with some GnP. He is outmatched in height, but has a huge weight advantage so it could work in his favour here.

Arshnoor Singh comes from the roster of the manager formerly known as Kshitij Singh Negi, The Crown Prince of Crime, and he fits the bill perfectly. A lightweight fighter who stands at 6” tall, he has the ability to keep his opponents at range while he wails on them. 13 KO wins can attest to this, and his sensational wrestling allows him to control the action and where he wants to fight it.

PREDICTION: This is going to be a one-sided affair, but it is hard to tell who for. If it stays standing, Singh is going to obliterate Fray, and if it goes to the ground, Fray is going to demolish Singh. Whoever wins will be most likely to step up for a title shot. Arshnoor Singh to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

MAIN EVENT!

FIGHT #10 – Light Heavyweight Division!

http://i.gyazo.com/fc777aecf7321fc5fc8c70207e37b0b7.png

Our main event is a marquee bout between two fighters who were brought in specially for this event as Tycon “The Terror” Jacobs takes on “Bartman” Bartholomew Roach.

Tyson “The Terror” Jacobs has come into the org from Ascension, and he describes himself as “a Red-White and Blue loving American”. With Sensational Boxing, Muay Thai and Wrestling as well as a BJJ Black Belt, Jacobs has had a successful career so far with 19 wins, and he will be looking to go for number 20 here. In his last fight, he used the stand up game as well as his wrestling background to grind out a decision win, and has been training since, so I expect to see a fresh and determined Jacobs in this bout.

Bartholomew Roach is one of the most elite strikers in the world today, and he has sensational wrestling and a Brown Belt to support that. 20 (T)KO wins in 21 fights shows he has the killer instinct to finish fights, and he will be hungry for #21 here. He comes from Syn, and is just behind Jacobs in the rankings, and will be looking to leapfrog him with authority here. He is Heavy Handed and appears to prefer to strike at range rather than inside the clinch, and his slight reach advantage could be a factor there.

PREDICTION: In the USA vs USA war, I expect the striker to come out on top. His striking is second to none, and it could be over fairly quicky. Bartholomew Roach to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

That’s all from me, so be sure to look out for the results after the event!

• 2 weeks later...

INSANITY (220K+) presents….

THE MAD HATTER TOURNAMENT

Good evening ladies and gentleman and welcome to a twilight zone of such magnificent menageries and such exquisite philanthropies. Welcome to what any sane man would clearly call The Mad Hatter Tournament! We have 20 absolutely delightful victims, er, I mean, volunteers who have put themselves forward for a tournament which takes place in the very labyrinths of the cerebral complex. This tournament takes place exclusively inside the Lightweight division, and it is going to be interesting to see whether those short of stature and size can make up for it with enough cunning to avoid the temptations and tribulations that they will go through. Now, before I continue to ponder about the many wonders and mystics that make this tournament unique, I feel I had better begin with the Preview itself, less the fighters involved lose their minds before losing their heads……

FIGHT #1

http://i.gyazo.com/3fefe2329958d520ca78fdc0fe13f896.png

The first fight of our unfortunate bunch happens with The Doctor taking on the Phillipino Mafia Leader as El Mo takes on John Tournament Jr.

El Mo is a boxer/wrestler who likes to keep the fight standing where he can do what he does best, and that is brawling. He suffered a loss in his bout before the tournament, suffering a loss to a 25 year old creation. We learnt from the first fight he likes fighting from range, so it will be interesting to see if he has any ability inside the clinch.

Tournament Jr on the other hand, is an elusive grappler, who swarms like a group of piranhas at the opportunity of a takedown. He is a determined fighter, and he gained a win in his QFC prior to the tournament with an Arm Triangle submission. The key for him in this fight is to get his opponent down before he eats too many shots, and with his opponent having the superior wrestling, that could be an issue.

PREDICTION: Opposites meet in this bout, and we like nothing more than chaotic diversity. With El Mo having the Wrestling advantage, I see this fight playing out in his favour more. El Mo to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

FIGHT #2

http://i.gyazo.com/19b60f2ad8eef58101a16a8fd198da6d.png

We continue on the madness as two untested fighters clash with Paul Gray fighting Pat Verbeek.

Paul Gray appears to be a clinch fighter, having skill in both Muay Thai and Wrestling, but of course, this could be deceitful as he could be using his Wrestling for Takedown Defence while his Muay Thai could be for kicking. He holds the height and reach advantage over his opponent, which will help him both in the clinch and outside.

Pat Verbeek is a Muay Thai specialist, and we don’t know much else about him. The mystery that surrounds him is especially delightful, as his opponent won’t know what to expect against him. He is shorter than his opponent, but has a weight advantage, so expect him to be packing more power in his shorter stature.

PREDICTION: With his immense advantage in Muay Thai, I have to go for a Pat Verbeek victory in this bout. It may last into Rounds 2 or 3 depending on the aggressiveness and hiddens, but Verbeek has more finishing potential. Pat Verbeek to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

FIGHT #3

http://i.gyazo.com/03682791ff93d6446277b5dde93a5621.png

Ah, don’t you just love it when old foes collide? Well that’s what we have here as Crazy Charlie takes on Dr Thork.

Crazy Charlie is a Wrestler, who is straight up about takedowns. He appears to lack some GnP however, as he did not attempt a single strike after taking the fight to the ground last time around. He will need to improve his game plan immensely if he hopes to survive in this one.

Dr Thork is a grappler who defeated Crazy Charlie once before in their QFC bout. Alongside a Granite Chin, Charlie shows the know how to survive against a fellow grappler on the ground. He seemed quite comfortable in the last bout, and will have the psychological edge going into this one.

PREDICTION: More of the same in this bout. Charlie doesn’t have enough BJJ to make Thork really worry about being submitted, but he is in danger himself in being made to tap. Dr Thork to win via Submission in Round 2.

FIGHT #4

http://i.gyazo.com/c98d70648994a34022f11b30952543eb.png

A battle of the tested vs the untested in this bout as Bane Quincy takes on Darren Kissel.

Bane Quincy suffered a loss in his first bout to John Brophy, but we in the realm of insanity hear rumours of an agreed rule that restricted both fighters from showing their true potential. Nevertheless, Bane showed he is Heavy Handed, and along with his impressive Boxing, he can be a problem for any fighter who goes into the cage with him.

Darren Kissel is an interesting specimen. He has both Boxing and Wrestling, so he can either be a striker or a clincher. He should hope that he is a clincher, because striking against Bane could be an issue for him in this bout, but his Wrestling should give him an edge in controlling the pace of the fight.

PREDICTION: With nothing to go on for Kissel, we have to judge solely on whether Bane could finish this, and I believe he can. Bane will be furious after his loss, so he could be coming in really aggressively. Bane Quincy to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

FIGHT #5

http://i.gyazo.com/681f363d70fe0a71945f5e4fcdfc90fd.png

The action keeps rolling here as we get Jonathan Banks fighting Demir Kartal.

Jonathan Banks is a Wrestler who has rapidly improved his boxing skills during his training. From the outside of things, he is either a striker or a clincher, and he could well be the one to watch in this tournament. Taking him down will be tough, surviving while standing will be even tougher.

Demir Kartal appears to be a Wrestler who will be looking to GnP his way to a victory. He has a slight advantage in Wrestling over Banks, but falls well short when it comes to striking. He will need to survive for long enough to be able to gain a takedown, and it should be okay once he gets it down to the ground.

PREDICTION: I don’t see Kartal surviving a striking battle, and it will be hard for him to gain a takedown. Banks appears to be learning at an extraordinary rate, and should be well prepared. Jonathan Banks to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

FIGHT #6

http://i.gyazo.com/95f5ac7eb56a2c4e69386f38b7f45bdf.png

A true state of chaos and madness here as General Saint takes on Armen Hammer.

General Saint is an interesting person. He claims to be from Northern Ireland, but also claims to be from Swansea. Which one he is truly from, we shall never know. He is a BJJ fighter with a bit of Muay Thai about him. I expect we will see some unique style come from him, and I expect he will try to clinch and pull guard.

Armen Hammer fought against another Mad Hatter participant in Eddy Little in a QFC before this fight. We learned that Hammer is extremely quick, but there are questions raised over the state of his KO power as he landed over 30 punches to the head without an issue for Little other than a cut. He should be happy at being able to dictate the striking game, but will need to be aware of the possibility of being taken down.

PREDICTION: I really don’t know how this will go. Hammer will either score a relatively easy KO win, or Saint will pull guard and dominate from there. Either way, it is sure to be really dominative by one man. General Saint to win via Submission in Round 1.

FIGHT #7

http://i.gyazo.com/77164d344e92b18d9b8b3ae1dffbc314.png

The previously mentioned Eddy Little comes into this fight somehow in the weight range despite looking like he has pancakes for chins, and he takes on Phil Ewen.

Eddy Little is a big guy when he isn’t training, tipping the scales at Heavyweight levels. He makes weight for 155lbs however by taking excessive amounts of laxatives and literally shitting himself clean. He is a striker with a good clinch game about him. He comes in with a fresh victory, and he has a solid chin which will help him in this fight.

Phil Ewen is a boxer who has claimed before this bout that he was going to knock Little back to “fatty fatty land”. He has superior Boxing compared to Little, which will help him with striking, but his Wrestling is inferior so he will be looking to avoid the clinch as much as possible.

PREDICTION: Little has a solid chin, and having already beaten a striker, he has shown he can hang and clinch them. He has a height disadvantage, but in the clinch, he will be deadly. Eddy Little to win via (T)KO in Round 3.

FIGHT #8

http://i.gyazo.com/be607a67fa01b8ae37de11e92b228969.png

Now we have probably the most eagerly anticipated fights of the whole tournament as K Rad’s Serious Mum takes on Rory Daly’s Mac Donalds!

Serious Mum has a solid striking game, along with an ever increasing Wrestling game. We don’t know much in terms of his game plan, but like a lot of others in this tournament, we can assume it is either Striking or Clinching. He has a disadvantage when it comes to height and weight, but as we all know, it will be hiddens and sliders which decide this, and Mum has just as much chance as getting a good roll as Donalds.

Mac Donalds is a Muay Thai specialist who has come straight out of Memphis, Tennessee, and he claims that having to spell “Tennessee” and the use of the pick up line associated, made him feel like he was going mad. So, he decided to join this tournament, and he got matched up against a guy called Serious Mum. Donalds has a advantage in striking, but lacks in the Wrestling game which could affect the clinch.

PREDICTION: Whoever wins this has momentary bragging rights between the two managers, despite what K Rad’s shirt says. This comes down to what they both pop, but from the outset, it looks like K Rad is more set up for a win here. Serious Mum to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

CO-MAIN EVENT

FIGHT #9

http://i.gyazo.com/b35b1111008090d3461c2dffa99829b6.png

Our Co-Main Event of the evening is a Striker vs Clinch fight as Carl Jamison takes on Random Hajile.

Carl Jamison is a boxer from Portland, Oregon who was recruited by Agent Dee in order to participate in this tournament. There are rumours that Dee had to go straight to a lunatic asylum in order to find this guy, while others say that he was hiding out in a cave when Dee found him. Either way, Jamison is a guy who will be looking to knock you out, and now he has the backing team to help him do it.

Federico Manta, upon hearing of this tournament, went to Japan to find himself a fighter to coach into it. He went to a pier, and in the water, he saw a man diving constantly into the water. Every time he went down, he would come back up with a fish in his mouth, which he dropped into a net nearby. Manta knew immediately this was the guy for him, and recruited him. Hajile is a wrestling with a bit of boxing, a big indicator of him being a clinch fighter, so we have differing styles here.

PREDICTION: Even with Hajile being able to instigate a clinch, he still needs to knock Jamison out, while Jamison appears he will have no issues with knocking him out. Carl Jamison to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

MAIN EVENT

FIGHT #10

http://i.gyazo.com/ed9482efc4d50eaba6fce29b8b90be89.png

Finally our Main Event of our tournament a delightful confectionaries comes to us, as my own fighter Michael Brophy taking on Beau Banks’ representative of Bjork Freeze!

The tale of finding Michael Brophy was a harrowing one. I was in a forest, just on a trip out one day, and I found a shack. Inside the shack was one of my fighters, Bray Wyatt, and I told him about this tournament coming up. He listened, and clicked his fingers, before going into another room. When he came back, he brought Michael Brophy with him, and told me that he is the perfect man to fight. Michael Brophy possesses high levels of Wrestling, and has improvements in both his Boxing and his Muay Thai. He could be looking to either Clinch, or use the Wrestling to block a takedown, while searching for the KO.

Bjork Freeze is a Wrestler who was found by Beau Banks trapped inside a block of ice! With no name to him, Beau Banks decided to call him Bjork, and in fitting fashion, gave him the name of Freeze. He appears to be a guy who will attempt to take you down and grind you out with some GnP. With matching levels of Wrestling, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

PREDICTION: Michael Brophy will need to gain the KO before being taken down, and it is possibly with his high levels of wrestling. If he can prevent the takedown, this should be nothing more than a formality. Michael Brophy to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

That is all for the show, be sure to bring your March Hare, your Cheshire Cat and your Queen of Hearts because after this event, you will feel like you have found the true meaning of Insanity!

• Upvote 4

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/ftpuploads/bloguploads/sarcastic-clapping-captain-picard.gif Thats MY Alliance mate. :thumbup: Great work

• Upvote 1

Great write up! :)

one small thing: I liked the colour combo you used before more

Yeah I switched up the colour combo for this one because the tournament is called "The Mad Hatter" so I thought doing random colours would fit in with the theme

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/ftpuploads/bloguploads/sarcastic-clapping-captain-picard.gif Thats MY Alliance mate. :thumbup: Great work

As always Kanis, the compliments from you are always happily received :D

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Insanity presents….

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff495/UntouchGFX/Mad%20Hatter/Untitled-1_zps94293120.png

“There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter!”

Welcome once again everyone one to our delinquently delightful preview of what is to come, or what may not come, in the next round of chaos that can only be the Mad Hatter tournament! Our 20 volunteers have stepped up once more, with some torturous delights guaranteed, I can think of no better reason to skip the formalities and dive head first into this with your best of cup of tea!

FIGHT #1

Crazy Charlie (Dom Jaehnke) 0-2-0

vs

Genaral Saint (John Hetfield) 0-1-0

Such a delightful blend of styles here as the Wrestler Crazy Charlie takes on the abandoned BJJ fighter known as Genaral Saint.

Crazy Charlie has been unfortunate in his two fights so far, as he had to take on the same opponent in a QFC, and then in the tournament and both times got made to tap out. Unfortunately for him, he will be facing his bane against as he fights a Brown Belt this time. We know he is a GnP fighter, but he struggles to finish a fighter before he is made to tap out, so he will be hoping his vast advantage in wrestling is enough to allow him to brutalise his way to a win here.

Genaral Saint was a former fighter of Scott Davies, but was inconspicuously sacked by him after a loss in his first fight. Head Hatter himself John Hetfield picked him up to ensure he continued in the tournament, and now he will be looking to get onto a winning run. Showing he has a Granite Chin, Saint should look to use his kicks to slow his opponent down before the inevitable happens and this fight goes to the ground. If he can reverse the position and get it so he is on top, then Charlie will be in trouble.

PREDICTION: Honestly, with Charlie’s struggle with BJJ fighters, I don’t see him surviving. Saint to win via Sub in Round 1

FIGHT #2

Demir Kartal (KC Cooper) 0-1-0

vs

Eddy Little (Caleb Smith) 1-1-0

Our next fight of the tournament pits two losers from the first round against one another as Demir Kartal faces off against Eddy Little.

Demir “Iron Eagle” Kartal suffered a disappointing loss to Jonathan Banks in his first fight of the tournament, and he will be looking to bounce back strongly. He is a counter fighter who looks to avoid his opponents shots and shoot in for the takedown where he works the ground and pound. That plan didn’t work for him in the first bout, so he may look for a change in plan in order to get the most out of his abilities.

Eddy Little has once again shrunk from his enormous size to make weight for this fight, and he is exceptionally grumpy after the weight cut. He lost his first fight in 33 seconds to Phil Ewen through an exceptional Superman Punch, and he has been in training to get back to fighting style. He is a puncher with a solid chin, whether it be from range or in the clinch, all he wants to do is punch people. He may not get a chance against a wrestler, but if he does he can expect a sweet connection.

PREDICTION: With Kartal’s wrestling, it is hard to see this fight remain standing for long, and I expect him to work over Little when it hits the mat. Damir Kartal to win via TKO in Round 1.

FIGHT #3

Bjork Freeze (Beau Banks) 0-1-0

vs

Bane Quincy (Liam Davidson) 0-2-0

Our next fight is another losers clash as Bjork “The Rebel” Freeze takes on “The Insane” Bane Quincy.

Bjork Freeze is a wrestler who has only one trick, and that is to take you down and dominate you. He lost in his first fight to Michael Brophy, but by no means does that mean he is down and out. A wonderful wrestler who has earned a promotion to a blue belt recently, he just needs to get his opponent down and he holds a major card in that he dominates the grappling area.

Bane Quincy is another fighter who lost his last fight, having lost against Darren Kissel, but he looks to correct this tonight. He has the power to score a KO, but the main issue for him is to keep the fight standing. While he dominates in striking, he will need to strike fast and early or he will get caught up and taken down.

PREDICTION: It will either be a quick KO from Quincy, or a dominating performance from Freeze. Honestly, Quincy needs to get the KO early or risk being taken down, and Freeze needs to beat Quincy after taking him down, or he will gift a possible KO when the fight returns to the feet. Bjork Freeze to win via TKO in Round 1

FIGHT #4

John Tournament Jr (Beggar So) 1-1-0

vs

El Mo (Sean “Buckfutter” Connery) 1-1-0

We have a rematch from the first round in this fight, oh the madness, as John Tournament Jr seeks to get revenge against El Mo.

Tournament Jr is an elusive grappler, who swarms like a group of piranhas at the opportunity of a takedown. He is a determined fighter, and he gained a win in his QFC prior to the tournament with an Arm Triangle submission. The key for him in this fight is to get his opponent down before he eats too many shots, and with his opponent having the superior wrestling, that could be an issue. The issue he had in the first fight was he went 100% takedowns, and as a result, his opponent knew exactly what to expect. He needs to mix up his offense, even if his punches and kicks do nothing, it will still keep his opponent guessing as to when he actually goes in for the takedown, as well as making sure Tournament Jr doesn’t gas himself with constant takedowns.

El Mo is a boxer/wrestler who likes to keep the fight standing where he can do what he does best, and that is brawling. He suffered a loss in his bout before the tournament, suffering a loss to a 25 year old creation. We learnt from the first fight he likes fighting from range, so it will be interesting to see if he has any ability inside the clinch. His gameplan worked a treat in the first fight, but he will need to be aware of a potential change in gameplan from Tournament Jr. He needs to keep focussed on avoiding the takedown, while getting shots off to knock his opponent out.

PREDICTION: Honestly, I don’t expect there to be a difference in this fight from the last one. I called it as a El Mo (T)KO win in the last fight, and I see this as no different. El Mo to win via (T)KO in Round 1

FIGHT #5

Armen Hammer (Huey Freeman) 1-1-0

vs

Carl Jamison (Agent Dee) 1-0-0

Our next fight features two fighters who won in the first round, and even more exciting, they both fight in the same style as Armen Hammer takes on Carl Jamison.

Armen Hammer fought to a grueling decision win over Genaral Saint in his first round fight, and now he looks to keep going with another win in this fight. A boxer with experience in wrestling, he looks to keep the fight standing and knock his opponents out. We know he is a very fast and experienced fighter, but we have yet to witness his KO power or killer instinct, and this could be the perfect fight to see just what he is like.

Carl Jamison won his first fight with a hard fought Unanimous Decision win over Random Hajile, where we found out Jamison has a Granite Chin. He will be looking to do the same as Hammer, so we can look forward to a huge slug fest, where the better striker will come out on top.

PREDICTION: To be honest, with his Granite Chin and superior Boxing, I expect Jamison will win this one with relative ease. A first round knockout is certainly not out of the question, and in fact looks most likely. Carl Jamison to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

FIGHT #6

Random Hajile (Federico Manta) 0-1-0

vs

Mac Donalds (Rory Daly) 1-0-0

Our next fight pits the determined wrestler Random Hajile against the heavy handed Muay Thai specialist Mac Donalds.

Random Hajile suffered a hard loss against Carl Jamison in the last round, as he managed to get the takedown but failed to dominate as he was reversed and beaten by the weaker wrestler Jamison. He will be looking to respond strongly in this fight, but may find it hard to survive against the deadly striking of his opponent.

Mac Donalds pipped up another point for Rory Daly in his (I guess friendly) feud with popular manager, and reigning KRad of the Year, K Rad. Mac Donalds showed devastating power, as he finished his opponent in a matter of minutes, and immediately hit the gym afterwards with a few female MMA fighters, who it is reported he has since impregnated with his special mayonnaise recipe. But he looks like he will kick the head off anyone who disrespects him, and I feel he can pull it off here.

PREDICTION: Honestly, my prediction is for one of two things. One, I went against Mac Donalds last time and he won, and he has some serious power to knock people out, enough to end Hajile early. Two, I am hoping by my prediction that Rory will fuck up and as a result lose this fight. Sorry Rory, but you know it would be funny to see you lose after claiming you will win the tournament. Mac Donalds to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

FIGHT #7

Dr Thork (Kyro Maia Teraska) 2-0-0

vs

Paul Gray (Joe Kingpin) 0-1-0

We have a fighter on a winning streak against a man who lost his recent debut here as Dr Thork takes on Paul Gray.

Dr Thork is a submission specialist who has fought the same man in both of his fights as he took on Crazy Charlie in both a QFC and also in the first round of this tournament. He has been improving his boxing and wrestling recently to accompany his purple belt, and looks like he is preparing to fight against all styles. In addition to this, he also has a Granite Chin which will allow him to survive until he gets to a dominant point where he can end the fight in an instant.

Paul Gray is a Muay Thai fighter with Wrestling experience who appears to use it in order to keep the fight standing where his Muay Thai takes over and allows him to strike his opponents. He struggled in the last round against a striker with a Granite Chin, so fighting a grappler with a Granie Chin will be interesting to see his ability against different styles.

PREDICTION: To be honest, I think Thork is the one with it all to lose here. He is an overwhelming favourite, and if he loses, it will be one of the shocks of the round. Dr Thork to win via Submission in Round 1

FIGHT #8

Serious Mum (K Rad) 0-1-0

vs

Pat Verbeek (John Coffey) 1-0-0

Another fight which mixes a winner against a loser as K Rad’s Serious Mum takes on John Coffey’s Pat Verbeek.

Serious Mum suffered a loss to Mac “Fucking” Donalds in the last round, and he will be looking to get over that embarrassment by taking on one of the favourites of the tournament so far in Pat Verbeek. We didn’t get to see much of what Mum’s gameplan was, but it appears he looks to use his wrestling to keep the fight at range and attempt to beat his opponents from there. It will be a struggle against a strong Muay Thai fighter like Verbeek, but it will be interesting to see if K Rad has an ace up his sleeve.

Pat Verbeek showed he has KO power as well as a Granite Chin in the first round, a devastating combo for a Muay Thai fighter. Interestingly enough, he missed all of his kicks but landed with all of his punches, so it will be interesting to see what happens in this fight, and whether he will continue to look to land the kicks to slow his opponent down.

PREDICTION: I feel Verbeek should be winning this fight. Mum might have a Big Heart, but Verbeek’s Granite Chin should win out, especially with the devastating damage he can do with his striking. Pat Verbeek to win via (T)KO in Round 1

FIGHT #9

Phil Ewen (Tats McGee) 1-0-0

vs

Jonathan Banks (Aaron ThaiGuy) 1-0-0

Our Co-Main event pits two undefeated fighters against each other as Phil Ewen faces off against Jonathan Banks.

Phil Ewen is an incredible boxer with an improving wrestling game, and he set the tournament alight when he ended his fight in just 33 seconds with an incredible Superman Punch! Following that is a hard task to do, but he has the look of a man who knows how to excite the fans while also winning fights. This will be a hard task for him, but one he will relish.

Jonathan Banks is an inexperienced fighter who nonetheless survived a takedown in his first fight to knock his opponent out in the second round. A big confidence booster for him, he has grown exceptionally in his boxing and his wrestling is also at a high level. He looks to strike from range, which can be difficult with the reach advantage his opponent has over him.

PREDICTION: This is the first fight where I don’t have a clear idea about what might happen. Sure both guys will hit each other a lot, but I don’t know who will quit first. Ewen has been looking exceptionally powerful lately, and that could be the difference in this bout, but it could go either way. Phil Ewen to win via (T)KO in Round 1

FIGHT #10

Michael Brophy (Grant Brophy) 2-0-0

vs

Darren Kissel (Fuel4 Hatered) 1-0-0

Our main event of the second round pits my own fighter Michael Brophy against Fuel4 Hatered’s own Darren Kissel.

Michael Brophy is in his second main event in a row, and he showed his ability, utilising the clinch well while avoiding takedowns. He had noticeable improved his Boxing and Muay Thai since the last round, obviously trying to cut the gap between his opponents striking and his own. With Kissel defeating fellow alliance member Bane Quincy in the last round, Brophy has vowed revenge, and has a new look to show he means business. With a mean clinch game, and also showing his growing potential to strike from range, it will be interesting to see what approach Brophy takes.

Darren Kissel is a Wrestler who has been improving his Boxing for the tournament in order to provide stiff competition to opponents at striking. He beat another boxer Bane Quincy in just over 2 minutes, and will be confident in his power after overcoming a superior striker. He is a powerful fighter, and it will be interesting as well to see if he will look to stand and fight, or look to get inside the clinch and have a battle for control.

PREDICTION: This is certainly going to be a great fight. Kissel holds a slim advantage in Boxing, while Brophy holds a slightly bigger advantage in both Muay Thai and Wrestling. It looks as if Brophy has the skill to beat his opponent, but you can’t count out Kissel’s power, and this looks like it could end in any way. Michael Brophy to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

That is all from me, be sure to check the event out in around an hour to see the results, and we will see you in just under 2 weeks time for the Preview for the next round!

TYCOON MMA CHAMPIONSHIPS!

FIRST ROUND

Good evening everyone and welcome to the complete review of all the fights that took place in the First Round of the Tycoon MMA Championships! We have 7 orgs competing in 6 divisions, all vying to have their fighters bring them glory, in the first ever installment of this tournament. I will be going through each fight from the entire round starting in chronological order, bringing you the key points of the fights, and giving my views on them!

Lightweight Division! (155)

Hosted by UNFC Tokyo (229K+)

UNFC44: TMC LW Round 1

Hard Knocks, Tokyo

Sold Out arena of 3,000

Merch Partner - Big Bear Amsterdam 160Q

Fight #1

Wrestling Guy (UFF) 9-2-0

vs

Ashton Eaton (Insanity) 9-4-0

Our first fight of the tournament came from UNFC Tokyo as they hosted the Lightweight division. A sold out crowd showed up to see the action of fighters from all corners of the globe, and their first fight of the tournament to see had former UFF champion Wrestling Guy take on former Insanity title challenger Ashton Eaton.

The first round was spent mostly in the clinch, with Guy instigating, but finding his opponent more than a match for him. The two traded shots, with Eaton getting the better of the exchanges, before Guy broke it off midway through the third minute. Guy tried being more aggressive from range, but found it hard to connect with Eaton as the round came to an end. My personal scorecard had this round at 10-9 for Eaton.

The second round was like Deja Vu as Guy immediately took the fight into the clinch, but found Eaton again was ready, and Eaton really took the fight to Guy here, landing a series of punches to the head and body, as well as the occasional shoulder strike. The entire round was spent in the clinch, and Eaton’s superior skill set shined through here. Again, I had this round pegged down at 10-9 for Eaton.

The third round was Guy’s last chance to salvage something from this fight, and he started the round mixing his clinch attempts with his punches before finally securing a clinch near the end of the first minute, only to find Eaton pummel him almost immediately. Towards the end of the third minute, Eaton rocked Guy with a big shoulder strike, and Guy was staggering, but showed true grit and determination to survive until the end of the round. I had this pegged down as a wash out for Eaton, scoring it 10-9 to make my total score of 30-27 for Eaton.

The Judge’s Scorecards were

Tatsuya Matsuyama scored the fight 30-27 in favour of Ashton Eaton

Hirohito Nitta scored the fight 30-27 in favour of Ashton Eaton

Yasuomi Hirokawa scored the fight 30-27 in favour of Ashton Eaton

Ashton Eaton wins via Unanimous Decision to advance to the next round!

Fight #2

Sam Urai (Troid) 8-3-1

vs

Chad Didion (AMSFC) 10-3-0

The next fight of the division had a fighter return to his home country to fight for the first time as Troid’s Japanese representative Sam Urai took on “Mexican Wolverine” Chad Didion.

The first round had Didion get the edge in the striking before he secured a strong double leg takedown which ended with him inside Urai’s guard. Urai managed to lock his opponent down until the referee called for a standup, and then Urai went on the offensive with punches and kicks, while Didion looked to slow him down with leg kicks as the round ended. This was a very close round, with both fighters getting an equal share of the striking, with Urai maybe securing the round based on his superiority and control on the ground. 10-9 for Urai.

The second round saw Didion shoot and gain a takedown early, but again, he was prevented from doing much by Urai. After another standup, Didion took the fight into the clinch, but focussed too much on trying to get another takedown and he left himself open to be tenderised by some shots from Urai. Another close round, but I would probably just about give it to Urai, 10-9.

The final round saw an immediate takedown from Didion, but he was again prevented from doing much by Urai. With both fighters trying to control, the referee called for yet another standup, and they engaged in a brief exchange before Didion gained another takedown. Didion attempted to throw some GnP but found his arm was caught by Urai who spun around and secured an armbar which had Didion immediately tapping, giving Urai the win!

Sam Urai wins via Submission (Armbar) to advance to the next round!

Fight #3

Charlie Lim (SFC) 18-1-1

vs

Quentin DeBramalo (NYFN) 6-2-0

This was probably the MOST highly anticipated fight of the entire tournament and it came in the first round as Three Division SFC Champion Charlie “Augustus” Lim took on former NYFN champion “Greatest of All Time” Quentin DeBramalo.

The first round was a battle to see who was dominant in the striking area, with both fighters content to stand and trade. DeBramalo got the better of the exchanges, as he made his striking count with accurate shots, allowing Lim to strike and hit thin air as he would dodge out of the way. I scored this round 10-9 in favour of DeBramalo.

The second round came to life, as with both fighters again standing and trading, DeBramalo came out with a two punch combination which clearly rocked Lim. DeBramalo could have maybe finished the fight, but Lim showed good awareness to keep dodging the head strikes, but he succumbed when it came to his body as DeBramalo punished him. DeBramalo clearly took this round to me 10-9.

The final round saw DeBramalo most likely with 2 rounds in the bag, and Lim knew it. He came out swinging for the fences, and DeBramalo sat defensively looking for the counter. Lim’s aggressiveness might have scored him a KO, but DeBramalo was smart not to be drawn into another stand and strike fight as he played out the win. I had Lim winning Round 3 based on his aggression and him scoring some punishing strikes 10-9, so overall I had this at 29-28 for DeBramalo.

Yuuki Gou scored the fight 29-28 in favour of Quentin DeBramalo

Yukihiro Shimada scored the fight 29-28 in favour of Quentin DeBramalo

Shigeki Fujiwara scored the fight 29-28 in favour of Quentin DeBramalo

Quentin DeBramalo wins via Unanimous Decision to advance to the next round!

Middleweight Division! (185)

Hosted by 185 max sfc +200k

sfc tycoon MMA champs card

The Docks, St Petersburg

Attendance of 4,848

Fight #4

Martine Dincht (UNFC) 6-2-0

vs

Nicolas Arenas (UFF) 5-3-0

UNFC must have had their final fantasy come true with this matchup as their fighter Martine Dincht took on UFF’s Nicolas Arenas.

The first round was all about Dincht as he landed a huge overhand right, and then followed it up with a brutal combo that knocked Arenas down and opened up a cut. Arenas managed to get back to his feet, but it was all Dincht as he landed a huge uppercut that knocked him down again, but this time Dincht followed up with more strikes which forced the referee to call a stop to the action!

Martine Dincht wins via TKO (Strikes) to advance to the next round!

Fight #5

Robert Mazzuca (Troid) 8-2-0

vs

Oh Yeah (Insanity) 10-3-0

The next fight features Troid’s Robert Mazzuca square off against former Insanity title contender Oh Yeah!

The first round started off with a bang, with Oh Yeah being opened up with a cut after a jab from Mazzuca. Mazzuca softened up Oh Yeah with some leg kicks before knocking him down to the mat with a huge head kick, but he backed up and allowed Yeah to get back to his feet. Another shot later in the round opened up the cut even more before Yeah was rocked with a huge uppercut! Mazzuca was playing this carefully, opting not to go in for the kill but to take it into the clinch, where Yeah pulled guard and the round ended. I felt that was a huge round for Mazzuca, so I scored it 10-9 for him.

Mazzuca moved the fight into the clinch immediately at the start of the second round, and spent the time in there pummeling Yeah with punches. Yeah had some fight back, but was clearly being outworked and was delighted when ,after nearly 4 minutes in the clinch, Mazzuca broke it. Mazzuca landed a few more strikes as the round ended. Much like the first round, I thought Mazzuca had this round dominated, so I scored it 10-9 in his favour. Yeah needed a finish in this last round to survive.

Yeah was more aggressive in this round, coming in with some wild swings after some punches from Mazzuca. The fight was brought into the clinch again by Mazzuca soon after and Yeah managed to pull guard to take it down, but a lack of activity caused a referee standup. A bit of back and forth ended when Mazzuca brought it back into the clinch, and that is where the fight finished. Despite the increased activity from Yeah, I had Mazzuca winning this round again 10-9.

Aleksei Zolotukhin scored the fight 30-27 in favour of Robert Mazzuca

Dmitry Malakov scored the fight 30-27 in favour of Robert Mazzuca

Illya Tyunina scored the fight 30-27 in favour of Robert Mazzuca

Robert Mazzuca wins via Unanimous Decision to advance to the next round!

Fight #6

Simon Browne (AMSFC) 9-6-0

vs

Rockmeteller Todd (NYFN) 10-5-0

The last fight at 185 had AMSFC’s Simon Browne face NYFN’s former champion Rockmeteller Todd.

The first round was an absolute snoozefest, as Browne gained an early takedown, where he just layed for the entire fight, controlling Todd from start to finish. You have to wonder what was going through the referee’s mind as he allowed this, as a standup should have happened pretty early. Nevertheless, it was a dominant round for Simon Browne, I gave it to him 10-8 as a result of his display, despite the fact he did not much else except control.

The second round was a different story, as Browne failed to gain his initial takedown and Todd was able to counter with the jab. From there, Browne failed with four more takedowns before Todd unleashed an uppercut from outta nowhere to knock Browne down, and he followed with more strikes to earn the TKO win!

Rockmeteller Todd wins via TKO (Strikes) to advance to the next round!

Heavyweight Division! (265)

Hosted by AMS Fighting Championship

AMS FC 93

The Red Light, Amsterdam

9,761 Fans in Attendance

Merch Partner - KnockOut

Fight #7

Kevin Hall (SFC) 7-3-0

vs

Worf Roshenko (UFF) 14-11-0

Moving on to the Heavyweight brackets now, and we had SFC’s rep Kevin Hall kick things off against UFF’s rep Worf Roshenko.

This fight never made it past the first round, and it was a dominant display. With Roshenko attempting to land some strikes, Hall countered with a shoot takedown which landed with him on top in half guard. He advanced to mount a few moments later, and then spent the rest of the fight controlling his dominant position while laying out some ground and pound. A huge shot rocked Roshenko, and from there Hall postured up and hit 3 more hammerfists which knocked him out cold!

Kevin Hall wins via KO (Strikes) to advance to the next round!

FIGHT #8

Rutger Snabel (AMSFC) 11-6-0

vs

Aleksey Zulughanov (NYFN) 8-4-0

Our next fight was another swift fight as the hosting org’s own Rutger Snabel took on NYFN’s Aleksey Zulughanov!

This fight was interesting, as Snabel started out striking from range, Landing a head punch, a combination and a leg kick, he decided to move into the clinch early, and that was his downfall. He immediately began to feel the full force of Zulughanov’s power as he got hit with a barrage of punches both to the head and body, along with a few elbows. Snabel was rocked just after the 4 minute mark, and Zulughanov dropped him with a swift uppercut before landing more strikes which forced a finish!

Aleksey Zulughanov wins via TKO (Strikes) to advance to the next round!

FIGHT #9

Niko Alzate (Insanity) 8-3-0

vs

Roy Li-Taylor (UNFC) 12-3-0

Our final Heavyweight clash pitted Insanity’s Niko Alzate against UNFC’s Roy Li-Taylor!

A bit of a rarity in this fight, as not only was this the only Heavyweight fight to make it out of Round 1, but it went on for the full 3 rounds! A fairly even start saw Li-Taylor throwing more damage, and he missed more of his strikes than his opponent. A head kick from Alzate was partially blocked by Li-Taylor, but it still landed enough to open up a small cut on his cheek. The rest of the round was more back and forth, but with Li-Taylor continuing to miss with his strikes, he was worked over immensely by Alzate who focused a lot on leg kicks. I scored the first round 10-9 to Alzate.

The second round was a no contest. Alzate continued to land his strikes, but then shot in and scored a takedown into half guard. He dominated from there on, continuing to maintain his position and grind out the round. Easily another 10-9 for Alzate.

The final round saw Li-Taylor need to score a knockout or get a 10-8 round, which was always unlikely. Midway into the first minute, Alzate scored another takedown, but this time it only lasted there for 1 minute before the fight was stood back up. Li-Taylor continued to look for the knockout, but he kept missing with strikes and wasted his energy, while Alzate was happy to stay outside and counter as the fight came to an end. I had this as another 10-9 for Alzate.

Nard Betker scored the fight 30-27 in favour of Niko Alzate

Radbod Blank scored the fight 30-27 in favour of Niko Alzate

Albert Achterburg scored the fight 30-27 in favour of Niko Alzate

Niko Alzate wins via Unanimous Decision to advance to the next round!

Featherweight Division! (145)

Hosted by Troid

T72: McColgan vs Boromir

Camden Conference Centre, London

6,803 Fans in Attendance

Merch Partner - Milwaukee’s Best 160

Fight #10

Tuomari Hurmio (Troid) 9-0-0

vs

Rony Jason (UFF) 5-0-0

It was 2 undefeated streaks clashing here as Troid’s own Tuomari Hurmio fought in front of his home crowd again, this time against UFF’s entry Rony Jason!

The first round was Rony Jason get the slight edge over Hurmio, as he was more effective with his striking. Hurmio took the fight to the ground, and after working Jason over a bit, it was stood back up. From there, Hurmio seemed to work better, but Jason’s earlier work means I gave this round to him, 10-9.

The second round was like a reverse, as Hurmio seemed to get the better of Jason in this round, which caused Jason to move into the clinch. After some good work from Jason, Hurmio broke the clinch and took him down, which scored well with the judges and I gave this round to Hurmio, 10-9.

With the scores level going into the last round, both fighters had everything to go for. The round was a bit of a disappointment, as both fighters were tentative in their approach, with the main highlight being a dick kick from Hurmio on Jason which took a while to recover from. Hurmio seemed to have had the better energy levels as he was more active than Jason, which is why I scored the round 10-9 for him.

Steven Brown scored the fight 30-28 in favour of Rony Jason!

Daniel Bishop scored the fight 29-28 in favour of Tuomari Hurmio!

Paul Tew scored the fight 29-28 in favour of Tuomari Hurmio!

Tuomari Hurmio wins via Split Decision to advance to the next round!

FIGHT #11

Kolt Ganger (NYFN) 9-3-0

vs

Robledo Puch (SFC) 16-5-2

The next fight to take place was another clash between SFC and NYFN with SFC’s Robledo Puch looking to get revenge for Charlie Lim against NYFN’s Kolt Ganger.

Puch seemed to have Ganger on his toes throughout this whole fight, as he gained a takedown early, but a lack of action caused a referee standup. Ganger went on the offensive, looking to hurt Puch, but he missed with a wild hook which allowed Puch to counter with another takedown, landing in Ganger’s guard. Puch postured up, but Ganger immediately hit a sweep and ended up in Puch’s guard. Ganger tried to control, but with Puch constantly moving, he got caught as Puch threw his legs up and managed to latch onto a triangle which has Ganger immediately tapping out!

Robledo Puch wins via Submission (Triangle) to advance to the next round!

FIGHT #12

Martin Saint Louis (Insanity) 14-3-0

vs

Ferdinand Cortes (UNFC) 16-1-1

The last fight of the 155lbs division was one of the most exciting of the round as two fighters who have never been knocked out fought to try to take it away from one another as Insanity’s Martin Saint Louis took on UNFC’s Ferdinand Cortes!

Martin Saint Louis came bursting out of the corner immediately, as he looked to land a mix of punches and kicks. All those head punches must have taken it’s toll on Cortes, as Saint Louis rocked him with an open handed palm strike, and from there he simply landed a crisp overhand right to earn himself the KO win in one of the most one-sided fights of the whole tournament!

Martin Saint Louis wins via KO (Punch) to advance to the next round!

Welterweight Division! (170)

Hosted by New York Fight Nights

NYFN 34: De Muerta vs Rockstar

Liberty Dome, New York

4,531 Fans in Attendance

Merch Partner -Vandal Fight Boutique and Laundry

FIGHT #13

Rupert Psmith (Troid) 10-4-0

vs

Theodore Ruxpin (AMSFC) 7-6-0

The first fight of the Welterweight class pitted Troid’s Rupert Psmith against AMSFC’s Theodore Ruxpin.

The story of this fight is Ruxpin wanted to get the fight in the clinch, while Psmith wanted to fight from range. Ruxpin managed to gain the clinch, and from there he tried to end Psmith with a flurry of punches, but Psmith survived and managed to break the clinch. Shortly after he dropped Ruxpin with a big combination which rocked him. He waved Ruxpin back to his feet, and shortly after he got back up, he was out cold as Psmith landed a straight right that knocked him straight out.

Rupert Psmith wins via KO (Punch) to advance to the next round!

FIGHT #14

Shintaro Nomo (UNFC) 12-3-0

vs

Mauro Viale (UFF) 7-2-0

The next fight saw Shintaro Nomo, from UNFC, take on Mauro Viale from UFF.

The first round was interesting, as both fighters were striking each other, before Nomo scored a takedown one minute into the round. Viale worked a good defensive game to stall the action, which lead to the referee standing both fighters up. Nomo was opened up with a combination, with a shallow cut opening on his forehead, just above the eyes. Just over 3 minutes into the round, Nomo scored another takedown, and managed to advance to mount, before the round came to an end. I scored this round 10-9 in favour of Nomo.

The second round sprung to life, with Nomo landing a big head kick early which knocked Viale down to the mat, but Viale managed to get back up before Nomo could take him down. Viale actually seemed to step it up a gear after that, landing some vicious shots before being taken down by Nomo again, where it stayed for the round. Overall, I think despite Viale’s improvement, Nomo took this round again, 10-9.

The third round again saw Viale go forward, but by this point he was too tired to throw anything of effect, and Nomo took him down yet again where he dominated with his superior game plan. This was an easy round to call, with Nomo taking it 10-9 again to make it a shutout for me.

Columbo Gatti scored the fight 30-28 in favour of Shintaro Nomo

Reed Andrews score the fight 30-28 in favour of Shintaro Nomo

Justin Roberts scored the fight 29-28 in favour of Shintaro Nomo

Shintaro Nomo wins via Unanimous Decision to advance to the next round!

FIGHT #15

Scott Page (NYFN) 6-0-0

vs

Alexandr Kuznetsov (SFC) 2-0-0

Our final fight of the Welterweight division pits NYFN’s Scott Page against SFC’s Alexandr Kuznetsov.

There was an early scare in the first round as Page scored with a combo to the head and body which rocked Kuznetsov! Kuznetsov was in desperation mode from this stage, as he managed to get a brief clinch before being pushed off by Page. He managed to land a couple of shots before Page landed a takedown and dominated for the rest of the round. Scott Page 10-9.

Second round was much of the same story, with Page threatening with his striking while Kuznetsov seemed to be worried about committing to his counters. This came back to bite him as Page scored another takedown, and managed to dominate for over a minute before a referee standup. Kuznetsov managed to get a brief clinch again, but really this round was done and dusted. Scott Page 10-9.

With Kuznetsov needing a finish, you would expect him to be going on the attack, but it was Page who was dictating the pace, as he scored another takedown within 1 minute. Although Kuznetsov managed to stand up shortly after, he was quickly taken down again by Page’s ruthless wrestling technique. This time, Page managed to advance to mount and he unleashed some vicious ground and pound which Kuznetsov couldn’t defend against, and the referee called a stop to the fight!

Scott Page won via TKO (Strikes) to advance to the next round!

Light Heavyweight Division! (205)

Hosted by Insanity

TMC Round 1

Hayashi’s Lounge, Los Angeles

Sold Out Arena of 2,000!

Merch Partner - DC Unrivaled

FIGHT #16

Ryker Quincy (SFC) 5-1-0

vs

Frank Damozzi (Troid) 11-3-2

Our last division is the Light Heavyweight’s hosted by Insanity, and our first fight kicking things off pitted SFC champ Ryker Quincy against Troid Light Heavyweight challenger Frank Damozzi!

This was a relatively swift affair which lasted less than a minute. Damozzi landed 100% of his strikes, a mixture of punches and kicks, which ended with a big right hand which knocked Quincy back, giving Damozzi the opportunity to rush in and end the fight early!

Frank Damozzi won via TKO (Strikes) to advance to the next round!

FIGHT #17

Trevor Reznick (UNFC) 12-4-0

vs

Silent Bob (Insanity) 7-2-0

The next fight pitted UNFC’s recently crowned 205 champ Trevor Reznick against Insanity’s own Silent Bob!

A largely one sided first round, as Reznick piled on the pressure, while Bob feinted with a lot of counters without committing to many of them. Reznick used leg kicks to good effect in order to slow Bob down, and that would score well with the judges. I scored it 10-9 for Reznick.

The second round started out promisingly for Bob, as he showed some life with some offense, but after some offense of his own, Reznick took the fight into the clinch where he immediately went to work on hurting Bob. Bob managed to break the clinch, only to find Reznick initiate another moments later, where he would take more damage before escaping via a failed ankle pick. By this time, the damage was done and the round was over. 10-9 for Reznick.

Coming into the third round, Bob was exhausted after a number of failed takedown attempts, which made it ironic that he scored a takedown early in the third from a counter. Unfortunately he didn’t have the energy to keep it active, and the referee stood it up soon after. Reznick instigated the clinch again midway through the round, and he dominated there for the rest of the round, with only Bob’s failed pull guard attempt showing something else apart from Reznick’s dominance. 10-9 for Reznick.

Timothy Bukovac scored the fight 30-27 in favour of Trevor Reznick

Percy O’Donnell scored the fight 30-27 in favour of Trevor Reznick

Jack Bonds scored the fight 30-27 in favour of Trevor Reznick

Trevor Reznick won via Unanimous Decision to advance to the next round!

FIGHT #18

Mikaiah Rynn (NYFN) 14-4-0

vs

Fritz Haarmann (AMSFC) 17-4-0

Our final fight of the Tycoon MMA Championships Round 1 brackets pitted NYFN’s Mikaiah Rynn against AMS FC’s Fritz Haarmann.

The story of this fight was Haarmann getting the takedown. If he succeeded, he would nearly guarantee the win, but if he failed, then a loss would be inevitable. Rynn worked the gameplan to perfection in the first round, avoiding every takedown while scoring well and damaging Haarmann with his striking. While he didn’t knock him out in this round, it was clear he was the dominant fighter. 10-9 for Mikaiah Rynn.

The second round was a whole different story. Haarmann came flying out with a takedown, landing in half guard, and you could immediately sense that Rynn was in trouble. After a few submission attempts, Haarmann advanced to mount, and immediately went to work on gaining the win. He at first looked to gain a counter submission, but with Rynn not giving him anything, he tried for a kimura. With that failing, he regained the position and went for an armbar, and managed to secure it, forcing Rynn to tap out!

Fritz Haarmann wins via Submission (Armbar) to advance to the next round!

Well that is all from an action packed first round of the Tycoon MMA Championships, commiserations to all the losers, and congratulations to all the victors, and we look forward to seeing the next fights!

Insanity presents….

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff495/UntouchGFX/Mad%20Hatter/Untitled-1_zps94293120.png

“There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter!”

Hello everyone, and welcome to our final preliminary round before true and utter chaos swallows the tournament from his very foundations! Our fighters have gone through 2 fights, but it is this final third fight which will decide their fate! With many options for how it will finish, let us not delay with the discussion, and let us get down to the detail!

FIGHT #1

John Tournament Jr (Beggar So) 1-2-0

vs

Eddy Little (Caleb Smith) 1-2-0

Our first fight of the event has John Tournament Jr taking on Eddy Little.

John Tournament Jr is managed by Beggar So, who hails from The Bomb Squad. He is 0-2 so far in the tournament, as he had the bad luck to fight El Mo twice, losing in both of his endeavours. We know he is a BJJ fighter who would love to get this fight to the ground, or he risks suffering another KO loss.

Eddy Little is managed by Caleb Smith, who hails from the Cold Blooded Killers alliance. Like his opponent, he is also 0-2 so far in this tournament, losing in his fights to both Phil Ewen and Demir Kartal. He is a Sprawl and Brawl style of fighter, which will be effective as he looks to gain a knock out while avoiding being taken down here. He should avoid the clinch, or he risks Tournament Jr pulling guard and finishing him.

PREDICTION: It is a good match up in styles, one that favours Little in my opinion, but you don’t know how things will go. I will say Eddy Little to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

FIGHT #2

Paul Gray (Joe Kingpin) 0-2-0

vs

Genaral Saint (John Hetfield) 0-2-0

Our next fight pits Paul Gray taking on Genaral Saint.

Paul Gray is managed by Joe Kingpin. He is a counter striker, but he is unfortunate to have lost both of his fights so far to Pat Verbeek and Dr Thork. He is skilled in Wrestling and Muay Thai, and will be hoping to finally use his skills to the best of his ability to secure a win here. With his opponent being a BJJ specialist, he will need to avoid the clinch, while avoiding takedowns in order to gain the win.

Genaral Saint is 0-2 so far in his career, and is managed by John Hetfield of The Corporation, but is formerly managed by Scott Davies of The Broken Halo Pride. He is a BJJ specialist who has lost to Armen Hammer and Crazy Charlie so far in the tournament. He will be hoping to go out of the tournament with a victory, and will need to find a way to take it to the ground in order to win.

PREDICTION: I just don’t see how Saint can take it to the ground with Gray’s major advantage in Wrestling. Gray should find it relatively easy, but if he goes into the clinch, he could see it slip away. Paul Gray to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

FIGHT #3

Bane Quincy (Liam Davidson) 0-3-0

vs

Crazy Charlie (Dom Jaehnke) 1-2-0

We move onto the next fight now, and we have Bane Quincy taking on Crazy Charlie.

Bane Quincy is managed by Liam Davidson, from the Vendetta alliance. He has lost 3 fights in his career, 2 of which are in the tournament as he lost to Darren Kissel and Bjork Freeze. He is a boxer whose main struggle has been his lack of Wrestling, as he has struggled against Wrestlers. He will need to secure a swift KO or he will find himself being whitewashed.

Crazy Charlie is managed by Dom Jaehnke of the Milwaukee’s Best alliance. He is a Wrestler who fought against Dr Thork in both a QFC and also the first round of the tournament. He lost both times, but also beat Genaral Saint in the last round of the tournament. He will be looking to take Bane Quincy down, and he will either look to finish swiftly, or just grind out the win. Either way, he is a strong favourite for this one.

PREDICTION: Crazy Charlie is a huge favourite for this fight. I just don’t see Bane Quincy avoiding the takedown, and it should be a shutout. Crazy Charlie to win via Unanimous Decision.

FIGHT #4

Armen Hammer (Huey Freeman) 1-2-0

vs

Bjork Freeze (Beau Banks) 1-1-0

This fight sees Armen Hammer take on Bjork Freeze.

Armen Hammer is managed by Huey Freeman of the Super Smash Bros. alliance. He is 2-1 in his career, and 1-1 in the tournament, as he lost a QFC to Eddy Little, before beating Genaral Saint in the first round, and finally losing to Carl Jamison in the last round. He is a Boxer with some experience in Wrestling. He will be hoping he can score a knockout before his opponent can take the fight to the floor.

Bjork Freeze is managed by Beau Banks of the Hitokiri-13 alliance. He is a Wrestler who lost his first round fight to Michael Brophy, before bouncing back with a win against Bane Quincy. No guessing what his gameplan will be as he will hope to take the fight down before GnP’ing his way to a win.

PREDICTION: I think Hammer will find it hard to avoid being taken down, unless he can score a quick KO. Bjork Freeze to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

FIGHT #5

Random Hajile (Federico Manta) 0-2-0

vs

Mac Donalds (Rory Daly) 2-0-0

Half way point now in the event and it is a rematch as Random Hajile takes on Mac Donalds.

Random Hajile is managed by Federico Manta of The Corporation. Hajile is a Wrestler who likes to take his opponents down before trying to end them via GnP. He has lost both of his fights so far, against Carl Jamison, and his opponent Mac Donalds. His issue in the last fight was not being able to secure a takedown early in the second, and when he did in the third, he was nullified by Donalds on the ground. He needs to make his groundwork count when he secures takedowns.

Mac Donalds is managed by Rory Daly of the Evolution Fight Clan. He is 2-0 in the tournament so far, securing wins over Serious Mum, which won Fight Of The Night honours, and his aforementioned win against his next opponent here. Donalds was lucky in his fight, as his opponent inability to secure a KO on the ground cos him in the decision. He will be confident in his ability to survive on the ground, but will be itching to gain a KO win so it doesn’t get left in the judges hands.

PREDICTION: I don’t imagine the result will change from the last fight. Donalds will be more focused on staying on the feet, and I feel a KO is coming here. Mac Donalds to win via (T)KO in Round 1

FIGHT #6

Jonathan Banks (Aaron ThaiGuy) 1-1-0

vs

El Mo (Sean “BuckFutter” Connery) 2-1-0

We move on again now, and this fight pits Jonathan Banks against El Mo.

Jonathan Banks is managed by Aaron ThaiGuy of The Corporation. Banks is a skilled Boxer and Wrestler who is currently 1-1 in the tournament. He defeated Demir Kartal in Round 1 before losing to Phil Ewen in the last round. He outskills his opponent in all areas, but will still need to focus or complacency could cost him.

El Mo is managed by Sean “BuckFutter” Connery. He is currently 2-0 in the tournament, as he fought and defeated John Tournament Jr twice so far, the second of which won the Fight Of The Night honour. He has devastating KO power which can take out any opponent, and he will be relying on that in this fight as he seeks a victory which will guarantee him passage to the next round.

PREDICTION: Despite El Mo being higher in the tournament, I feel Banks should take this fight. Jonathan Banks to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

FIGHT #7

Phil Ewen (Tats McGee) 2-0-0

vs

Demir Kartal (KC Cooper) 1-1-0

Getting close to the end now, and it is Phil Ewen fighting Demir Kartal.

Phil Ewen is managed by Tats McGee. He is currently 2-0 so far in the tournament, as he defeated both Jonathan Banks and Eddy Little, which won him KO of the Night for a superb Superman Punch! He is definitely one of the most dangerous fighters in the tournament, with his boxing outshining all of his opponents so far.

Demir Kartal is managed by Kc Cooper of the Lords of War alliance. He is 1-1 so far, and surprisingly, has fought both of Phil Ewen’s previous opponents. He was defeated by Jonathan Banks, but won a Unanimous Decision victory against Eddy Little. He will need to get his takedowns swiftly, or risk Ewen scoring another KO victory.

PREDICTION: This is one of those fights where it will be very one-sided. I don’t feel Kartal will secure a victory on the ground, giving Ewen at least three shots to secure a KO, and I fancy his chances. Phil Ewen to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

FIGHT #8

Serious Mum (K Rad) 0-2-0

vs

Darren Kissel (FueL4Hatered) 2-0-0

This fight sees opposites attract as the 0-2 Serious Mum take on the 2-0 Darren Kissel.

Serious Mum is managed by K Rad of the Hitokiri-13 alliance. He is currently 0-2 in the tournament, where he has lost to Mac Donalds and Pat Verbeek, two of the frontrunners in the tournament, so it is no bad reflection that he lost to both of them. He is skilled in Boxing and Wrestling, and will be hoping to go out on a victory against a similar opponent.

Darren Kissel is managed by Fuel4 Hatered of the Cold Blooded Killers alliance. He is 2-0 in the competition, having defeated both Bane Quincy and Michael Brophy in the previous rounds. He has solid KO power, having not been in the cage for even 3 minutes collectively in his career. He will be feeling good about this fight, and will feel quite assured about securing his spot in the finals

PREDICTION: Darren Kissel should really be winning this fight with ease, and a Mum victory will be a huge upset! Darren Kissel to win via (T)KO in Round 1

FIGHT #9

Dr Thork (Kyro Maia Teraska) 3-0-0

vs

Michael Brophy (Grant Brophy) 2-1-0

Our co-main event of the tournament sees Dr Thork take on Michael Brophy!

Dr Thork is managed by Kyro Maia Teraska. He is currently 3-0 in his career, and 2-0 in the tournament, having defeated Crazy Charlies both in a QFC and in the tournament, and also defeated Paul Gray in the last round. He has won all three fights via Submission, and will feel confident in securing another win here!

Michael Brophy is managed by Grant Brophy of Vendetta. He is currently 1-1 in the tournament, having defeated Bjork Freeze, before losing to Darren Kissel in the last round. He has a solid clinch game which he will want to avoid in order to avoid having guard be pulled, and he will also need to avoid being taken down. He apparently got an Economy Flight to this fight, so he is coming in with reduced energy, which will make the fight harder for him. He will be happy at not fighting a boxer in this round, as his chin was exposed in the last round.

PREDICTION: With the reduced energy, it is hard to not see Michael Brophy be taken down, and as a result, I feel it will be a swift ending. Dr Thork to win via Submission in Round 1.

FIGHT #10

Pat Verbeek (John Coffey) 2-0-0

vs

Carl Jamison (Agent Dee) 2-0-0

Our Main Event of the evening sees two undefeated fighters clash as Pat Verbeek takes on Carl Jamison!

Pat Verbeek is managed by John Coffey of the FinnFighters alliance. He is a Muay Thai specialist who has defeated both Paul Gray and Serious Mum via KO. He is one of the favourites to win the tournament, as he has a Granite Chin that makes a stand up war with him a nightmare. His only real threat would be a wrestler, but he has avoided them so far.

Carl Jamison is managed by Agent Dee of the FinnFighters alliance. He is a Boxer, who has improved on his wrestling recently in order to avoid being taken down. He has defeated both Random Hajile and Armen Hammer so far, and like his opponent, he has also got a Granite Chin which makes him a favourite for most stand up fights.

PREDICTION: With both fighters being Stand Up specialists, and both having a Granite Chin, I have to give it to the person I feel has the more KO power. Pat Verbeek to win via (T)KO in Round 2.

Those are the predictions for this event, and it is the last before the knockout stages, so be sure to look out for the results, and the upcoming video draw for the knockout stages!

EVOLUTION PRESENTS…

EVO164: Hurt Joy!

Live from Wombley Arena!

Starts at 5pm on the Tycoon Network!

Hello everyone and welcome back to our Preview of upcoming EVO events. This time, we are looking at the upcoming event EVO164: Hurt Joy! There are some huge fights on this event, the kind that need a bit extra, as we see some returning heroes, as well as some fighters looking to get back on the right path. Without further ado, let’s get right down to it!

http://i.gyazo.com/fc2d4cabdd9ebe1dd54568b0ddc4f6a0.png

Our first fight of the night comes from the Light Heavyweight division as Katsuji Rikidozan takes on Hendrik Velikopolje.

Katsuji Rikidozan has become somewhat of a journeyman fighter, having competed in 7 different orgs, under many different managers, and has only had one short lived title reign in his career. Coming into this fight on a three fight losing streak, he needs to improve his defense as he has been knocked out in the first 2 rounds of his last three fights, an unenviable statistic. As a fighter, it appears he much prefers the striking game, as he looks to take advantage of his elite boxing. He is an exciting fighter with his stand-and-bang style attracting a lot of positive attention in the media, but it doesn’t make for a good reflection on his record.

Hendrik Velikopolje is competing in his second EVO fight here tonight, having lost his debut in his last outing against a fellow debutant in Max Power. One of his main strengths is his survivability, having only been finished once in his career, a KO loss to Daniel Vieira Moreira, which took until the 3rd round. He likes to mix up his striking with some clinchwork, slowing his opponents down on the outside using leg kicks before following up with head punches and continuing to punish inside the clinch. The main issue for him is he receives a lot of strikes outside the clinch, more than he himself throws, but it seems to work well for him as a counter fighter, and it will be interesting to see how this fight goes.

http://i.gyazo.com/9337c2e48b35453da426cec53ae6dc9f.png

Our next fight comes from the Light Heavyweight division as Muay Thai takes on Jan Sobieski.

Muay Thai is one of the most dangerous strikers in MMA, having Elite boxing and muay thai, and having 27 KO wins throughout his career. He actually defeated Jan Sobieski in his EVO debut via Head Kick, and he will be looking for a repeat performance here. He lost in his last fight to Hans Thor, and will be feeling comfortable facing an opponent he has previously defeated, and it could be a case of taking one step back in order to take one step forward here.

Jan Sobieski is on a slump as of late, losing his last 4 fights in a row against some tough competition. Fights against A J Hearts, Tiyaro Feitsora and Yrjoe Velmu accompany his loss to Muay Thai, and he will be hoping that he can break the slump and slingshot up the rankings again. He is an Elite Wrestler, and that shows with his tendency to shoot for takedowns and load up with Ground and Pound. He will be hoping his wrestling can shine through this time, or he will be doomed to fall to Muay Thai’s striking

http://i.gyazo.com/abc823757dcd09d541a32f9f29babdb8.png

A huge Super Heavyweight clash now which also serves as a rubber match with Bas Severn taking on Declan Sweeney!

Bas Severn is a triple elite brown belt, and he has a devastating record of knocking his opponents out with 21 wins via (T)KO! He lost his last fight to Rau Utu, and he will be looking to bounce back against a familiar opponent. He is primarily a striker, but has been known to throw the odd takedown, something Sweeney will need to be aware of.

Declan Sweeney stands at 7 feet 5 inches tall and has used his incredible range to finish 27 of his 29 wins via (T)KO! He is currently in a slump having lost his last 4 fights in a row and will be desperate to not allow it to rise to 5 in a row. He will need to utilise his range in order to dictate the pace of this fight, or it would be lights out for him.

http://i.gyazo.com/aed5b193b740129c2cbf65ce8fb82ed4.png
http://i.gyazo.com/9fa57f530ef83db5ef1409ffda468905.png
http://i.gyazo.com/21b3257a94665f7457f63b921084ca68.png
http://i.gyazo.com/dc80e5c5ffb5a2053a6402a4e7226580.png
http://i.gyazo.com/008f753e262bc46c60d930f289c5dfaa.png
http://i.gyazo.com/d64fc9e379e1b392058499e43bfae3fe.png
http://i.gyazo.com/10c847738012d6fb070f6a9373c4a585.png

OUR MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING pits the man who dethroned the former #1 P4P fighter Rinky Spider against the current #1 P4P fighter as the Heavyweight champion Leonardo Ferreira takes on the challenger Rocky Tyson!

Leonardo Ferreira finally climbed to the top of the mountain after defeating Rinky Spider, and now is looking to avenge his loss to Rocky Tyson. A former fighter of Mannetosen’s, he was picked up by Dinooo after he left the game and has had a great run since, going 7-1 with only a loss to his opponent here staining the record. victories over big names like Brick Tires, Daniel Silva and Thor Skarsgard earned him a shot at Rinky Spider, and he took advantage of his shot with a unanimous decision victory to win the title. Now Dinooo has already shown up Bowser, and he would love a victory here which will propel Ferreira closer to the #1 P4P slot.

Rocky Tyson is one of the hottest fighters in the world right now, currently on a 12 fight win streak, he has surged to the #1 P4P slot with the help of his opponent’s defeat of Rinky. He is the reigning CEC champion, and adding the EVO 265 title will only add to the idea that he is the king of the post-Spider era. With a *ahem* shady beginning to his career, he has fought in a series of top orgs, and now this is the crowning achievement. With top of the line KO power (24 KO’s in 24 wins), he is the definition of the phrase, and he will be looking to get up to a quarter of a century with a win here.

Insanity presents….

Hey everyone and welcome to our review of the first knockout round of the Mad Hatter tournament! Apologies are in order for the lack of a preview. It is my own mistake (I thought the tournament was later, but I lost track of dates over Easter), but I am looking forward to this review, and be sure to look out for our exclusive Preview for the Semi Finals coming soon….

FIGHT #1

Jonathan Banks vs Pat Verbeek

Our first fight of the event had one of the favourites for the tournament, Pat Verbeek, taking on a improving Jonathan Banks!

This was a good standup contest, but one where expertise ultimately became the deciding factor. Verbeek landed all 8 of his leg kicks, mixed in with his head punches, and that led to Banks not knowing what was coming and threw off his gameplan. Banks got rocked just after 2 minutes into the first round and then Verbeek finished it with a huge uppercut that actually had Banks gaining some airtime as Verbeek became the first fighter to book a Semi Final place!

Pat Verbeek def. Jonathan Banks via KO (Punch) at 2:39 in Round 1

FIGHT #2

Carl Jamison vs El Mo

Our next contest had another favourite Carl Jamison taking on El Mo!

This fight almost finished before it began. You could see El Mo didn’t look in the right frame of mind going in, and it all ended early. Jamison had 100% strike accuracy for this fight, landing 6 body punches with his 7 head punches, and that mixture allowed him to cut El Mo, and then land a big right hand which sent Mo down, but Jamison had to follow up with more strikes to ensure the job was finished!

Carl Jamison def. El Mo via TKO (Strikes) at 0:54 in Round 1

FIGHT #3

Dr Thork vs Phil Ewen

Our penultimate fight of the round pits Dr Thork against Phil Ewen!

This was a fight where Dr Thork could count on his Granite Chin to pull him through. Choosing not to go all out for the takedown, Thork looked to strike a little bit, as he suffered head punches, body punches and combos before he shot for the takedown around the 2 minute mark, gaining it and landing in side control. He immediately went looking for the Kimura, and was able to sink it in, forcing Ewen to tap out!

Dr Thork def. Phil Ewen via Submission (Kimura) at 2:56 in Round 1

FIGHT #4

Darren Kissel vs Mac Donalds

Our final fight of the round had two undefeated fighters compete to pop the cherry of the other persons loss colum with Darren Kissel fighting Mac Donalds.

Funny enough we mention popping cherries, because this is the kind of fight that would be rejected from a porn website due to excessive content. Kissel gained the clinch early in the first round, and there was sweet FA Donalds could do about it. Kissel controlled from the start to the end, landing almost all of his punches inside the clinch, and rocking Donalds late on in the round.

The second round was much the same, as Kissel clinched early again, but there would be no round end here. Pushing Donalds into the cage, Kissel flashed a swift right hand which dropped Donalds, and he followed in with more strikes to force the referee to stop the fight!

Darren Kissel def. Mac Donalds via TKO (Strikes) at 0:55 in Round 2

All the fighters remaining in the tournament could win the whole thing, so be sure to look out for our preview of the next round coming soon as we look at the match ups!

• Upvote 1

Insanity Presents..

Hey everyone, and welcome to our Preview for the Semi Final fights in the Mad Hatter tournament! 4 fighters remain, and they are all competing for the main prize. Let’s get right down to it, and our first fight is….

http://i.gyazo.com/1dc8213f004389dcd9591b3249fdacca.png

This fight is a rematch of the 3rd grouped round fight, and Verbeek will be looking to avenge his loss to Jamison!

Carl Jamison is a Sprawl and Brawl type of fighter. With all american recognition for his boxing, he has built up his wrestling to cope with any grapplers in this tournament, and he is currently 4-0 in his career. With 1 Fight of the Night and 1 KO of the Night honour, he is looking like the favourite for this tournament, and he is going to be a future star in MMA. He already has the psychological edge going into this fight, so whether he attempts any mind games will be interesting as he takes on a fellow FinnFighter yet again.

Pat Verbeek has only lost once so far, and that is to his current opponent. He has devastating KO Power, but seems very one dimensional as he hasn’t improved his primaries much since the beginning of the tournament. This might be an indicator that he is jacking up on his physicals, not a bad plan for a tournament, but it leaves him lacking in his offenses which could be exploited easily, particularly by someone of Jamison’s ability.

PREDICTION: I backed Verbeek in the last fight when there wasn’t much to separate them, but I have Jamison doing the job once more and coming out victorious, maybe even with a KO this time! Carl Jamison to win via (T)KO in Round 3.

http://i.gyazo.com/69c0c771171bf9aa6a4b3236e0645a15.png

Our other Semi Final has 2 undefeated fighters squaring off as Darren Kiddel takes on Dr Thork!

Darren Kissel demonstrates clinch fighting at it’s finest! With 4 (T)KO wins from 4 fights, he has demonstrated great KO power without really being caused any problems. Great wrestling with ever improving boxing is a combination he has really made his own, and he will be confident in using it to reach the finals of the tournament. He fights a strong grappler in this fight, so it will be interesting to see if he will look to avoid getting into a grappling battle in the clinch and strike from the outside, or if he is confident enough to dominate from the clinch.

Dr Thork is the best grappler in the entire tournament, something that an undefeated 5-0 record shows, as he has won every fight via Submission! All of his fights in this tournament have ended either via Kimura or RNC. He is like an anaconda when it comes to grappling, as he smothers his opponents and asserts his dominance, often leaving his opponents helpless to his superior knowledge of grappling. He faces a tough challenge here, but if he can get it to the ground, he should have little trouble.

PREDICTION: In my opinion, I think Kissel should look to avoid the clinch in order to prevent Thork from pulling guard. Picking his opponent off from range is his best chance, and he should be confident in his superior wrestling keeping the fight standing while his strikes land. The only issue is, it only takes one takedown, and I think Thork will wrap it up quickly if it does hit the ground. Darren Kissel to win via (T)KO in Round 1.

That’s it for our Preview of the Semi Final match ups. Be sure to tune in for the results where we find out the 2 finalists for the main prize, and we can see if any of the fighters fall into their insanity!

• Upvote 1

T84: McColgan vs Farrelly

REVIEW

Hello everyone, and welcome to our review of the recent megaevent in Troid, T84: McColgan vs Farrelly! What a hugely successful event it was, launching Troid from the mid 20’s firmly into the top 10, and it was stacked from top to bottom! Let’s have a recap of all the fights, and see where these fighters could go from here!

Flavius Odoacer def. Jeremy Stapleton via TKO (Punches) in Round 2

Odoacer utilised the takedown fantastically to dominate the first round, and to neutralise the striking prowess of Stapleton. He then took the fight to Stapleton in Round 2, finishing it off with a barrage of hooks to leave Stapleton out cold!

Antonio Camatta def. Neptune Loveladdy via Unanimous Decision

Despite being a world class wrestler and an Abu Dhabi champion in BJJ, Camatta dominated this fight which took place exclusively from striking range! While Loveladdy stuck to kicks, Camatta went with punches and it came off for him as he won the fight on all 3 judges cards!

Hilton Teimosia def. Durlag Trollkiller via KO (Punches) in Round 3 to remain the Lightweight Champion!

A brutal clinch war for both fighters, as Trollkiller initiated the clinch in the first 2 rounds, but found Teimosia to be a tricky competitor to keep down, and he suffered a lot inside the clinch. Being rocked at the end of the 2nd round, he still looked wobbly at the beginning of the 3rd round, and he was knocked out cold immediately by some vicious strikes from Teimosia who showed exactly why he is the champion!

Sam Urai vs Timothy Robinson ends in a Draw!

The well publicised trilogy between Sam Urai and Timothy Robinson was coming to a conclusion here, but the ending was one that nobody predicted! With an amazing back and forth battle between the two over the past 2 fights, this fight began the same, with the first 2 rounds being razor thin! Either man could have taken the first 2 rounds, but Urai produced a dominant display in the 3rd round in what should have given him the edge he needed. Alas, the scores read 29-28, 28-29 and 29-29 to rule this fight a draw! Robinson now moves on to focus on Insanity’s Mad Cash tournament, while Urai will be turning his attentions to winning back the title he lost in the past.

Altemio Sanchez def. Marcelo Aurelio via TKO (Strikes) in Round 2

A gruelling display from Sanchez, as he gained the clinch and a takedown, and fended off the submission attempts from Aurelio before landing some Ground and Pound late on in the first to open up a cut on Aurelio and rocking him. The second round has Sanchez gaining the takedown, and again landing some GnP to knock Aurelio out cold and earn a win which boosts his standings in the division!

Carlos Centurion def. Jonathan Segal via TKO (Knees) in Round 1

This highly anticipated fight didn’t even make it out of the first round! Centurion locked in the clinch early, and bruised and battered his opponent with punches, elbows and knees. He finally put his opponent out of his misery by rocking him with a short right hand and landed a big knee to drop his opponent before finishing him.

Billy Vandam def. Omar Boulami via Unanimous Decision

Omar Boulami had a tough debut fight in Troid, as he faced a future title contender in Billy Vandam. Boulami’s best chances in this fight came when he landed takedowns, where the fight was more suited to him. The fight remained on the feet however for too long, and that allowed Vandam to land punches and kicks alike to hurt his opponent and score favourably for the judges to earn the win.

Jack Daniels def. Terrence Thornton via TKO (Strikes) in Round 4 to become the NEW Welterweight Champion!

This was a great back and forth battle, as the fight took place in the clinch, on the ground and from striking range! Daniels was taken down in the first round, but showed good skills to defend well and win the round. The second round was a closer affair, with a lot of action in the clinch and it seems this was where Thornton was most comfortable in the fight. The third round was again a major clinch fight, and Thornton did extremely well to show resilience and take the round.

The fourth round was where it all ended however. Thornton clinched up again, but shortly after, he suffered a quick punch from Daniels which rocked him. Thornton tried pulling guard to avoid suffering more damage, but Daniels avoided it, and unleashed a huge uppercut which had him reeling and a barrage of strikes later forced the stoppage, and meant Jack Daniels was the NEW Welterweight Champion!

Gustav Ragnarson def. Jon Jones via Submission (Strikes) in Round 1

A short affair as Ragnarson’s mastery of grappling allowed him to get the fight to the ground within 2 minutes, and it was like piranhas in the water as he landed some heavy ground and pound to make quick work for Jones, and put himself as the next contender for the championship against Daniels!

MAIN EVENT!

“Cocky” Rocky McColgan def. “The Irish Psycho” Seamus Farrelly via TKO (Strikes) in Round 1 to REMAIN the Undefeated and Undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the World!

Rocky’s reign as the most dominant 210k+ Heavyweight fighter in the world continued with another impressive performance against former champion Seamus Farrelly!

It was a short affair once more for McColgan as he landing a big uppercut which knocked Farrelly down to the mat, and he followed him down to land more strikes which left Farrelly trying to fight the referee! With his position as the HW kingpin of Troid secured, rumours are rife with McColgan is now looking to take on more opponents, so stay tuned for this!

This was a huge event for Troid, putting us up to #8 in the World Rankings, a personal best since we returned just over a year ago, and we are going to continue our rise in the ranks! With big arenas being booked, and bigger fights being made, the future is certainly all green and gold for Troid!

• Upvote 1

EVOLUTION presents…

EVO 170: Awestruck!

Live from our home of Wombley Arena!

Starts at 6pm exclusively on the Tycoon Network!

Good evening everyone, and welcome to our preview of EVOLUTION’s latest event, 170: Awestruck! Featuring some of the biggest fighters in the world, along with 3 title fights, there is no other event in the world of MMA that you should be looking at other than this one. Enough with the glossing of the event, the real attraction are the fights, so let’s get right down to it!

http://i.gyazo.com/81c869997e3e19e1ed958db8e04aef21.png

Our first fight of the evening comes out of the Super Heavyweight division as Yeo “Yoouce Willis” Jae Suk takes on “The SouthSide Swanger” Stack Shillings!

Yeo Jae Suk is on a rough run of form lately. After taking a break from EVO following Dos Bueno, he signed up with Aggressive Damage, stringing together a 3 fight win streak and capturing the Super Heavyweight title. He then made an unsuccessful challenge for Cinder Smaug’s HW title, before then losing his own SHW to Cinder Smaug in the following fight. His last fight in the org was a loss to Ghengis Congo, who he had fought 3 times previously. Questions are starting to be raised about his future in MMA if he keeps suffering losses like these, and there will be no better way to silence those doubter than with a win in this fight.

Stack Shillings makes a long awaited return to an MMA cage in this fight. At 37 years old, Shillings was 32 years old in his last fight, and after a near 5 year wait faces a tough challenge as he seeks to revive a career he thought he had lost. After going inactive while under the managerial services of Estefan Chiscano, he cut ties with the manager, and after some searching, found a new manager in Dick Hardwood. Unfortunately, both sides thought it was best to part ways before even a single fight had taken place, so it was back to the drawing board for Shillings. A little while longer, and Torrelio Sacana showed up and took him on. Sorting him out with a gym, new clothing, and helping to get his life back on track and away from the temptations of the alcohol and drugs, Shillings believes Sacana is an angel sent to save him, and he is hoping to repay him with a victory in this fight, and a long and successful partnership.

PREDICTION: Stack Shillings to win via (T)KO in Round 1

http://i.gyazo.com/99ae772366a4c584280d8ee9a88220fa.png

Our next fight is an exciting Featherweight division clash between two of Japan’s biggest fighters as Akira Toriyama takes on “Wetwork Ninja” Waru Kuzuri!

Akira Toriyama isn’t blessed with KO power, but he is blessed with a good chin which has seen him last 46 fights without suffering a 1st round (T)KO loss. Fighting tactically, he likes to take the fights into the later rounds where his cardio takes effect and allows him to control his exhausted opponents. He suffered a loss the last time he clashed with Kuzuri via Split Decision, and he will be looking to avenge that loss here. He suffered a loss in his last fight to Richmond Finch which stopped his 2 fight winning streak, but he will be confident in starting a new streak, one he hopes will culminate in him earning a potential title fight.

Waru Kuzuri is a fighter with a rich history, one which has earned his place in MMA Tycoon history. Ranked as the #1 fighter in two different weight divisions in the past, he has won a number of accolades, such as;

Featherweight champion at ONI, Ascension and EVO

Bantamweight champion at ONI

Blitz NY Million Dollar Featherweight Grand Prix winner

ONI Quintessential Manager Tournament winner

Ascension 4 million dollar Featherweight tournament winner

Oh, and add on top of all of that he is an ONI Hall of Famer. He is pretty much a walking legend, and he is looking to be on top of the mountain once more. Losing his fight for the title in his last bout, he was on a 6 fight winning streak before that, and the road back to title contention starts now.

PREDICTION: Waru Kuzuri to win via Unanimous Decision

http://i.gyazo.com/9069cb6e818fb855c56c375c164e02ec.png

Third fight of the evening coming up now as Evil Kullervo takes on Tat “Boddhidharma” Moh in the Light Heavyweight division!

Evil Kullervo has gotten off to a rocky start to his EVO career, losing 2 on the fly in the org. His only other loss in his career apart from those was the very first fight in his career under Mega Jug, but since moving to Mr Gutz he had gone on a 14 fight winning streak which made him hot property before he signed with EVO. A highly skilled fighter with the ability to finish the fight via (T)KO or via Submission, he has one of the more respected skill sets, despite his relatively young age of just 27. If he can string a few wins together, he may find himself knocking on the door for a title shot sooner rather than later.

Tat Moh is a determined fighter who has also had 2 fights in EVO, winning one and losing one. A former champion in 2 orgs, he is looking to taste gold once more, and he was unfortunate to have his last fight with A J Hearts called off due to a Doctor’s Stoppage on a cut he suffered. He will need to get back to winning ways, and Kullervo represents another young, hungry competitor for the title. If he wins, it will be a sort of double whammy as it not only elevates him, but it will also take away the claim of others in his division, making his own more viable. He is also able to win fights via both (T)KO and Submission, but his KO Power seems to be more lacking compared to his opponent, so we may see him opt for a more ground oriented assault where it appears more in his favour.

PREDICTION: Tat Moh to win via Submission in Round 3

http://i.gyazo.com/35cab0c9eaa469a8a3e622986acd4729.png

We stay with the Light Heavyweight division now as Vagner Love takes on Mark “Roo” Riccuito.

Vagner Love is a heavy handed fighter who has a mean chin to match. He is still undefeated in Org fights, his only losses came as part of the QFC. He is a former REVO champion who never lost the belt, instead being stripped of it after moving to Evolution. He has won both fights in Evolution, defeating both Funky Punch and Hironobu Uematsu. He is nearing the top 10 of his weight class, and surely will be in place for a title shot in the future with only a couple more wins. But he faces a tough test in this fight, and one that he can not look past if he wants to reach the top.

Mark “Roo” Riccuito is making his Evolution debut in this fight, and like his opponent, is also approaching the top 10 in the weight class. He lost his single fight in Syn, which brought an end to his 5 fight winning streak, and the undefeated run he had under his new manager Johnny Lee. He possesses a Granite Chin, and has enough KO Power to worry any opponent, as he has 12 KO wins from the 14 he has tallied in his career. He will be looking to make a statement in the org, particularly at his relatively young age of just 27, and his future in Evo looks bright. A win in this battle will state his intentions, and put the upper levels of the org on alert.

PREDICTION: Mark Riccuito to win via (T)KO in Round 2

http://i.gyazo.com/f63da4357bea91fd8f26d5aaa2ecbd75.png

Moving down the weight classes, we have a Welterweight clash now as Tony Benson takes on “Rasta” Ziggy Cliff.

Tony Benson is another fighter making his EVO debut here, as he moves over from the now defunct Amsterdam Martial Arts Association where he was one of the star attractions. He is undefeated under his new manager Bob Vendarra, racking up an impressive 8 fight winning streak, 5 of which were title fights and 7 of which won OTN awards! He has some serious KO Power, winning 20 times via that method out of his 23 wins, and it is just as hard to finish him with only 2 losses coming via stoppage. He is a Hall of Famer at his previous org, and will be looking to leave a similar legacy in EVO.

“Rasta” Ziggy Cliff will be Tony Benson’s first challenge in Evo. Recently snapping a losing streak with a Unanimous Decision win over Vlad the Impaler, he has all the credentials for a top fighter, and he will be looking to go on a new winning streak. He is a former HONOR FC Fighter of the Year, and still holds the title of the defunct org. He has some KO Power, but his real strength lies in his ability to avoid major damage and survive fights. The reggae sensation has only ever been (T)KO’ed twice in 42 fights, and knows what he needs to do to win.

PREDICTION: Tony Benson to win via (T)KO in Round 3

http://i.gyazo.com/5588154043ec2b39b13dfa5005139c25.png

Coming up now we have a title fight which pits the newly crowned champion Anabolinen Steroidi Jr against Daken Akihiro as he attempts to get his title reign off to a successful start!

Anabolinen Steroidi Jr is hitting another purple patch in his career under Igor Byhenikov rattling off 4 wins straight which culminated in a TKO victory in the 5th round against Henrik Torhammer to win the Lightweight title. He is a fantastic strategical fighter, not blessed with amazing KO power, but knowledgeable with how to win against a variety of opponents. He has 14 decision wins in his career, and is the #1 ranked fighter in the division. Steroidi Jr likes to gain as much info about the fights as he can, and that results in him being able to plan as carefully as possible for any fight he could be placed in, but don’t be surprised to see him gain a (T)KO or a Submission win either, as we have seen throughout his career.

Daken Akihiro is a revelation in the division. Winning 11 of his 17 victories via (T)KO, he loves to fight, and he has never been KO’ed in all 21 of his fights. He lost 2 fights to the previous champion Torhammer, but may find his fortunes against Steroidi Jr who provides a different style of opponent. With recent wins over Noel Contemprato and Bjorn Helgi, Akihiro has regained his confidence just in time to be the first man to challenge the new champion for the title. This is going to be a hell of a fight between the Finnish sensation and the “Mongrel” so you might want to tune in for a potential Fight of the Night candidate!

PREDICTION: Anabolinen Steroidi Jr to win via Unanimous Decision

http://i.gyazo.com/a88095bd03ec3c20dec429bbaeb653e3.png

Opposite side of the scales now as Tigran Badoyan takes on Alexander Emelianenko.

Tigran Badoyan is one of the biggest celebrities in all of Armenia, something that only comes naturally when you are the #2 ranked fighter in your weight division. Scandals broke out recently when it transpired that even before Ray J, Badoyan had indeed gotten with Kim K first, but that’s a story for another time, but it does add to the intrigue of this man. He is an exciting fighter, with hands of stone and a chin of glass, you would have to go back to when he was 28 before you would find a Decision in one of his fights. Defeating Freddie Fiddler in his last fight at 265lbs before moving up to take on this fight, he is looking to add another KO win to his CV, and will need to do it before he himself gets KO’ed.

Alexander Emelianenko is making not only his EVO debut in this fight, but also his first fight at 265+ as he has been a HW his entire career. Moving over from AMS FC, with a solitary fight on Forbidden Violence’s final card in between, he is on a 4 fight winning streak, and is the #3 ranked fighter in the division already. Like most of the fighters on this card, he has a Granite Chin and formidable KO power, and can cause issues for anybody he steps into the cage with. With a potential title fight looming for the winner of this fight, it is high stakes and is going to be an exciting fight.

PREDICTION: Alexander Emelianenko to win via (T)KO in Round 1

http://i.gyazo.com/248138ed108f606b5f1cc09dea9fc24a.png

Another monstrous Heavyweight clash now as Wei “Dragon” Pei takes on “Rock Em Sock Em” Rockford Knight.

Wei “Dragon” Pei is the definition of a KO wrecking machine, with all 26 of his wins coming via (T)KO. Possessing a Granite Chin as well, he has the potential to be one of the biggest fighters in the world, he just needs to rack up some wins in a row in order to go into title contention. With 2 wins in a row currently, he just needs a couple more to force Mega Jug’s hand and give him a clash for the title in a fight that will be mouthwatering for the fans. As the current Syn 265+ champion, he will be looking to add more titles to his collection, and Evo will surely be the feather in the cap for him.

“Rock Em Sock Em” Rockford Knight is currently on a 3 fight winning streak since making his EVO debut. With KO power to rival his opponents, his main downfall is his questionable chin, but such is the risk of fighting at HW. With his manager being former #1 Baby Face Nelson, he has a strategic mind backing him, and he will need one in order to avoid suffering a KO loss in this bout where the main difference is in the chin.

PREDICTION: Wei Pei to win via (T)KO in Round 2

http://i.gyazo.com/24601ce871bfeb7b48997b9ab4bcc52f.png

Our Co-Main Event of the evening is a Super Heavyweight title fight which pits former #1 P4P fighter Rinky “The Gangster” Spider continuing his resurgence following his loss to Ferreira as he takes on top challenger Rau Utu.

Rinky Spider is still on the comeback following his loss to Leonardo Ferreira, and he has rattled off 2 wins on the trot to show “The Gangster” still has plenty left in the tank. With 35 (T)KO’s from 37 wins, he has devastating KO Power, and his Granite Chin makes it no easy feat to knock him out. He has successfully defeated Tiny McGee in a title fight, before he went to CEC for a fight with Rocky Tyson, which he also won. Both of these fights ended in the first round via (T)KO, showing a new aggressive side to Spider which we haven’t seen for a long time. With him showing some good form, it can only be a matter of time before he goes back to reclaim his HW title he lost, and gain redemption.

Rau Utu has been on a great run of form since changing management. After leaving Ascension and Jake Hekke’s management, he has since been picked up by Azamat Alikov who signed him up to EVO. He has been on a great run of form which has seen him win his last 4 fights in a row over some big names including Neo Kable and Jay Jay Mutombo to launch him into the title picture. Possessing KO Power, he has finished 15 of his 16 wins via (T)KO, but a big question mark is his losses, all of which are via (T)KO or Submission. He faces a tough test here, and one that may just be too much for him.

PREDICTION: Rinky Spider to win via (T)KO in Round 1

http://i.gyazo.com/b2d11367693a2035a45ece12b478dcdf.png

Here we are ladies and gentlemen. Our main event of the evening sees two global superstars combat to prove who is the best champion in EVO, as a Champion vs Champion match sees HW Champion Leonardo Ferreira take on the LHW Champion Doctor Doolittle with the HW title at stake!

Leonardo Ferreira is a fighter so good, he has tasted success with 2 managers without missing a single step. Winning titles and defending them is like second nature to him, and he will be feeling no different about this fight, regardless of who the opponent is. Losing his debut fight in EVO in a title fight to Rinky Spider, he then won his next fight against Shavo Odin before his manager Mannetosen quit the game and Ferreira was left without a manager. As luck would have it, Dinooo saw this as his chance to get back into the game, and took on Ferreira, as well as a number of Mannetosen’s other fighters. They tasted success instantly, going on a 5 fight win streak over notable names such as Wei Pei, Brick Tires and Daniel Silva before losing to Rocky Tyson in CEC in his last fight with the org. Upon his return to EVO, Leonardo defeated Thor Skarsgard with a KO in the first round to announce he was back. He then got involved in the bitter Dino vs Bowser feud, and lead the way to victory for Dino’s roster with a Unanimous Decision victory over Rinky Spider, who at the time was looking invincible before Ferreira outclassed him to not only get the win in the rivalry, but to also take away Spider’s HW title. His only fight since that has been a fight against Rocky Tyson, in which he avenged his previous loss by defending his title successfully with a first round KO to keep himself as the new kingpin of the division. He will be looking to keep his title in this superfight, and a win will put him right back at the top of the hotly contested P4P rankings, and also make him the undisputed king of EVO!

Doctor Doolittle is a highly talented fighter currently riding a 6 fight win streak, and holding the 205lbs EVO title as he does it. Wins over widely known names such as A J Hearts, Jesse Custer and Thomas Boothe has propelled him into the upper echelons of the division, and indeed the P4P rankings. He possesses devastating KO Power, as all 20 of his wins have come via (T)KO, including his last three fights which have all ended in the first round! His main weakness would be an extremely aggressive style, one which has also seen him be (T)KO’ed 5 times in his career. While it pays off the majority of the time, it does leave him open to a well slidered fighter who can pick him off strategically. Like his opponent, a win in this fight could potentially move him up to #1 in the world P4P, so it is a big pressure fight for both competitors, and one the world will be anxious to see!

PREDICTION: Leonardo Ferreira to win via (T)KO in Round 2

Some amazing fights on display, and the whole world will be paying attention as the P4P rankings will be shaken up. Be sure to keep an eye out as EVO invades Wombley Arena again!

• Upvote 1

Insanity Presents..

Ladies and gentlemen. Here is the moment Insanity fans around the world have been waiting for. LIVE! From the…wait, doesn’t someone already talk like this? Anyway, this event is being held in the Hard Knock’s arena in Los Angeles! These two fighters have beaten off the competition in the tournament, and both hold flawless records. Both hail from the USA, and come from opposite sides of the country, and they will be looking to prove that they are not only the best in the Mad Hatter tournament, but that they are the best in the whole US of A. Without further ado, let’s get right down to the nitty gritty right here!

http://i.gyazo.com/9e9a85f116ed8d8c776dfa69b4643c5e.png

Two undefeated fighters collide here in the finals as Carl “Smooth” Jamison takes on Dr “Creepy” Thork in a classic Striker vs Grappler contest!

Carl “Smooth” Jamison is a highly touted boxing prospect who made the transition into MMA upon hearing of this tournament. Having built up his wrestling along the way, he has shown his ability to Sprawl and Brawl and has racked up 5 consecutive victories, winning 2 of them via (T)KO. Displaying he himself to have a Granite Chin, he is a tough challenge for any striker to knock out. However, in this fight, he won’t be going up against a striker, instead he will be going up against the most dangerous grappler in the tournament, and his Granite Chin won’t be saving him there. Can Jamison navigate his way to a victory? Or will his inferior grappling be his downfall?

Dr “Creepy” Thork is an excellent grappler who has won many BJJ titles in White Belt and Blue Belt categories. Upon earning his Purple Belt, he decided to make a switch like Jamison to MMA. He has been developing his Boxing and Wrestling since in order to round out his game, but he is still known for his devastating submissions, the kind that has left all of his opponents unconscious in the middle of the cage. Like Jamison, Thork also has a Granite Chin, and I expect we will see his chin be tested more than Jamisons. Can Thork manage to lock in a takedown before Jamison’s striking overwhelms him? Or will it be too much for him to handle and have him be sent to the canvas unwillingly?

Be sure to tune in for the Mad Hatter finals, and be sure to keep a lookout for the upcoming tournament, also from Insanity, The Mad Cash Tournament! This will feature some of the brightest 155 and 185 prospects in the world, and is something you should definitely keep an eye on!

But for the current situation, who will take home the big prize? Carl “Smooth” Jamison? or Dr “Creepy” Thork?

Only the truly mad will be able to succeed in this finals...

• Upvote 1