Ray Borg has missed weight twice

TAYNE

Just in case you thought DJ was being honest when he said he was concerned about TJ making weight - his preferred opponent, Ray Borg, has missed weight twice at 125 in recent fights.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/12/ufc-207-results-despite-missing-weight-ray-borg-takes-dominant-decision-over-louis-smolka

http://www.mmaweekly.com/johny-hendricks-and-ray-borg-miss-weight-for-ufc-207

• Upvote 2

A backpacker is traveling through Ireland when it starts to rain. He decides to wait out the storm in a nearby pub. The only other person at the bar is an older man staring at his drink. After a few moments of silence the man turns to the backpacker and says in a thick Irish accent:

"You see this bar? I built this bar with my own bare hands. I cut down every tree and made the lumber myself. I toiled away through the wind and cold, but do they call me McGreggor the bar builder? No."

He continued "Do you see that stone wall out there? I built that wall with my own bare hands. I found every stone and placed them just right through the rain and the mud, but do they call me McGreggor the wall builder? No."

"Do ya see that pier out there on the lake? I built that pier with my own bare hands, driving each piling deep into ground so that it would last a lifetime. Do they call me McGreggor the pier builder? No."

"But ya fuck one goat.."

• Downvote 1

Well both times Borg missed weight were recent, so maybe he put on walking weight. I really think there shouldn't be a concern about TJ making weight, dude wakes up at 143, only a few pounds more than DJ.

The concern wasn't so much as TJ making weight, as the UFC unwilling to pay DJ if he doesn't. Because if TJ don't make weight, then title fight is off, and defeats purpose for DJ's next fight. But they won't pay him.

The concern wasn't so much as TJ making weight, as the UFC unwilling to pay DJ if he doesn't. Because if TJ don't make weight, then title fight is off, and defeats purpose for DJ's next fight. But they won't pay him.

Didn't they discuss Borg being a backup on the card?

Didn't they discuss Borg being a backup on the card?

UFC is run by cbombs, Dana White at the helm. Imho they tried to bully DJ into what was best for them without giving him proper financial treatment. At this point I'm honestly surprised Dana hasn't been sacked. They could probably pay somebody half the money to do a better job.

UFC is run by cbombs, Dana White at the helm. Imho they tried to bully DJ into what was best for them without giving him proper financial treatment. At this point I'm honestly surprised Dana hasn't been sacked. They could probably pay somebody half the money to do a better job.

Im definetly getting the feeling that Dana is just around to entertain at this point

• 2 months later...