GoFundMe - Dog Emergency Crisis

Rambo

I'll try to get a video or something up. She can run (I try not to let her but she's obviously very capable). Her leg fully functionable. She has a little limp sometimes when she walks. The vet wanted to lop her leg off cuz it'd be the cheaper solution and the internet was tripping cuz I wanted to save the dogs fucking leg. granted saving her leg ended up costing me damn near 30k - worth every penny.

leg saved. mission accomplished. and she doesn't show any signs of pain. to be fair, these dogs have a really high pain threshold so it's hard to tell if she is in any pain because of the leg when she shows zero emotion or reaction to it.

you might say her not showing any reaction to pain might be the fact that there isn't any, but her dad ran, jumped, swim, sprinting, fetched, on a completely torn ACL - zero knee cartilage left - for months and I specifically did everything you need to do to check a dog for a leg / ACL injury. Grabbed his knee, moved it, everything. He didn't react when the vet messed with it either, if it wasn't for an xray we wouldn't of known his ACL was gone. So I'd like to say she isn't in any pain but I honestly really couldn't tell you lol. She seems pretty damn happy though. a little more rambunctious than before but I think that's from months and months of pent of energy and limited activity.

• Upvote 2

Glad to hear everything is going well with the recovery

I'll try to get a video or something up. She can run (I try not to let her but she's obviously very capable). Her leg fully functionable. She has a little limp sometimes when she walks. The vet wanted to lop her leg off cuz it'd be the cheaper solution and the internet was tripping cuz I wanted to save the dogs fucking leg. granted saving her leg ended up costing me damn near 30k - worth every penny.

leg saved. mission accomplished. and she doesn't show any signs of pain. to be fair, these dogs have a really high pain threshold so it's hard to tell if she is in any pain because of the leg when she shows zero emotion or reaction to it.

you might say her not showing any reaction to pain might be the fact that there isn't any, but her dad ran, jumped, swim, sprinting, fetched, on a completely torn ACL - zero knee cartilage left - for months and I specifically did everything you need to do to check a dog for a leg / ACL injury. Grabbed his knee, moved it, everything. He didn't react when the vet messed with it either, if it wasn't for an xray we wouldn't of known his ACL was gone. So I'd like to say she isn't in any pain but I honestly really couldn't tell you lol. She seems pretty damn happy though. a little more rambunctious than before but I think that's from months and months of pent of energy and limited activity.

Glad to hear everything is going well with the recovery

I know where you're coming from re the dog not showing pain. My dog had breast cancer and needed surgery to remove the entire mammary tissue etc so had some decent scars but she was up and down the stairs like nothing happened a few days later. Happy to hear shes doing well, people say it all the time but dogs really are a part of your family.

Edit: Insert mean comment (I forgot we hate each other, don't tell anyone).

• 3 months later...

so glad Blue made recovery -- sadly yesterday I had to put mine down -- for the last couple of weeks she has just been having hard time staying up and falls a lot and unable to get back up without help -- few night ago I woke up to hearing her whining, crying and barking only to find her outside she had went out and fell over --- no telling how long she had been out there, next night same thing -- it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do -- she is the first one that I personally took to have put down and it was nerve racking and heartbreaking to me sitting there with her while the needles went it and see her slowly drift off -- i feel like i let her down so much and it's my fault -- i did get another 3 1/2 years with her since her accident but it wasn't long enough, no time would of been long enough -- it took me some time to finally make the decision even though it kills me i still have to tell myself it was the right thing to do -- it sucks cause her mind and soul was fine just her body finally gave out -- she was having issues with front legs giving out her thus making her fall and not able to get up -- she couldn't even go car riding anymore really do to I would have to pick her up and carry her -- sometimes not even following me around like she use too -- just not fair and still hurts bad -- here is last picture taken of her couple weeks ago playing dress up with augie

http://i67.tinypic.com/wcog48.jpg

Sad to see your dog go in last 2 months ago with few day difference my cat and dog also passed away. Cat was 16 years old and dog was 17 years old it still hurts feels like I knew them for ever and both of them where pretty bad way to go. Cat was sick with something but was feeling well we took him to doctors and they overdosed with some medicine and he died few hours later. Dog had stroke and he wasnt all there mentally he would walk circles. One day I got home from trip where I was in Ukraine for few days and when I did come home I just layed on my bed. Few hours later we noticed dog did hang himself in next room and was still warm so it still bugs me that maybe I checked once I got home where he is at he would still be alive. He actually hanged himself in a pants that where hanging on stool. He was walking around them and stuck and then with out any energy sat down and basically hanged himself.

4u6TTEl.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1