How can I help?

Bleakardor

Island hype going to MMA fighters who will be fighting open ID for 2-4+ IRL years is the best thing possible especially with all the project cooking significantly draining the hype out of the lower levels.

Island guy competing in same ID, win, lose, or draw, best for business. If they win and keep climbing, awesome. But Island fighters taking up space on the top 10 w/c rankings in their exclusive org catering to their ID and never stepping out of bounds isn't good for natural in game MMA rankings, where the ID restricted fighters will fight open ID one day when skills catch up. Other than the occasional Camara fighter, you don't get a lot of can crushing, hype farming, record padders in top 10 w/c.

QFC orgs are cool. But QFC HW King that goes 12-0 in under 90 days might be on verge of cracking top 10 P4P.

Collusion is a big word. But you are not using it properly, allow me to expand:

Nobody can force managers to click that box and bring their fighters to the mainland. As a matter of fact most managers (take myself for example) are looking to get my 3 Island spots back to roll new projects.

That means a good portion of Island fighters, great Hype or no Hype will be left behind like every year.

Teamwork is the word you are looking for, like Brawls releasing his double champ to try and chase a 3rd belt at Gladius: http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=362393

That is what teamwork is all aboot. I should know it, he just kicked my arse a few weeks ago and next Kirill is fighting Scotty`s undefeated beast lol. I`d love to hear about "easy" fights on the Island lolol

But in order for Teamwork to work we will need established orgs to not send 25k/25k/25k or 50k/50k/50k type contracts to top Island finishers ir order to syphon their Hype to the fighters/managers of their choice.

We can all agree bringing (from scratch or from Island) a Highlands type org back to life is a great idea. It will get newer managers to stick to the game and buy / trade VIP.

I am simply addressing the elephant in the room.

I will now write to both Island managers and run this idea by them. I will post word for word my email so I can lead the way via full transparency.

You gonna need Google just like you did to try to sound smart (and failed) with vis-a-vis and collution for my coms with Wonder as we speak our mother tongue between us.

Sincerely,

Your Tri-Champ

Why are all of these posts a good 5-10 paragraphs longer than they need to be? So much irrelevant info interrupting your point does not a concise argument make.

Compelling any "established" org not to offer what a fighter is worth is collusion. Since we're resorting to hypotheticals now, some new managers may decide to make accumulating fake money their ultimate or at least temporary (as they are getting established) goal. How would they feel to find out a cabal of owners conspired to reduce their meal ticket?

I guess next you're going to join the F*** Chuck's moneybags bandwagon?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Island hype going to MMA fighters who will be fighting open ID for 2-4+ IRL years is the best thing possible especially with all the project cooking significantly draining the hype out of the lower levels.

Island guy competing in same ID, win, lose, or draw, best for business. If they win and keep climbing, awesome. But Island fighters taking up space on the top 10 w/c rankings in their exclusive org catering to their ID and never stepping out of bounds isn't good for natural in game MMA rankings, where the ID restricted fighters will fight open ID one day when skills catch up. Other than the occasional Camara fighter, you don't get a lot of can crushing, hype farming, record padders in top 10 w/c.

QFC orgs are cool. But QFC HW King that goes 12-0 in under 90 days might be on verge of cracking top 10 P4P.

I am all in on reducing Island Hype from Day 1. We are on the same page on that it`s a bit too high for untested fighters.

I have seen this mentioned a few times and I 100% agree. Getting Mike to do this might take a bit of convincing though. But if you want to focus on that you have my commitment that the Tri-Champ will support you.

Not sure why you keep calling these QFC orgs, they are actual orgs that cater to 25 year old fighters.

We all know new and returning managers focus on 25 year old creations and Island is mostly 25 year old creations as Island gyms were never up to par.

A lot of people seem interested in this idea and Highland Games was awesome in so many ways.

Now we just need teamwork and cooperation.

So to truly answer the topic of How Can I help?

Well here is how: If, BIG IF, we get things rolling and we can get the bulk of Island fighters to agree to move to 1 org in the mainland then you, me and all restricted org owners must agree to not send MASSIVE contracts to the Hyped fighters asa they touch mainland.

We could maybe impose ourselves a 20-day period where we agree to not do this.

That should give the designated org (again, if) time to recruit talent and build the new Highland Games. If one of our current hard working Island org owners decides to move to the mainland this becomes even easier but I don`t want to impose on them as it`s already hard enough as is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Why are all of these posts a good 5-10 paragraphs longer than they need to be? So much irrelevant info interrupting your point does not a concise argument make.

Compelling any "established" org not to offer what a fighter is worth is collusion. Since we're resorting to hypotheticals now, some new managers may decide to make accumulating fake money their ultimate or at least temporary (as they are getting established) goal. How would they feel to find out a cabal of owners conspired to reduce their meal ticket?

I guess next you're going to join the F*** Chuck's moneybags bandwagon?

I`m not compelling anyone to reduce any offers lol, I am TELLING you (if we all agree to do the right thing) to don`t send offers.

Period.

Short enough?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I`m not compelling anyone to reduce any offers lol, I am TELLING you (if we all agree to do the right thing) to don`t send offers.

Period.

Short enough?

Better. Happy to help.

Sure, just go by going around and asking you're not colluding yet, if that's what you mean. At this point it's just attempted.

Surely that's an issue for Mike and his programmers to solve and not a reason to pooh pooh an awesome org idea that would likely get newer players more quickly involved in the game? If I didn't have a org myself right now I would do it. I love the idea.

• Upvote 1

The bootlicker never bites the hand with the wallet.

If you or G-Was have something to say about Chuck pull up your big boy pants and just say it.

Don`t use me to passive-aggressively take shots at him.

One thing I hespect about Chuck, Mentor, Jordan and Randall is that they are true businessmen. I`ve had my differences with just aboot each one of them (add Gus to that pile too) and forums are forums but business is business.

You bought your way into representing the PULSE brand, try to act accordingly and stay on topic or like Rocket so elloquently (and correctly) told me the other day get off the thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

When did I ever say a bad word about Chuck? I'm just taking your arguments to their logical conclusions.

This is pointless. The org is already a proven, good idea. If anyone, be it one of the current island org holders or just someone looking to get into org owning started advertising the model in the next month or so in the run up to the end of the season, I'm sure they will be successful. They may even be successful with your unneeded intervention.

• Upvote 5

When did I ever say a bad word about Chuck? I'm just taking your arguments to their logical conclusions.

This is pointless. The org is already a proven, good idea. If anyone, be it one of the current island org holders or just someone looking to get into org owning started advertising the model in the next month or so in the run up to the end of the season, I'm sure they will be successful. They may even be successful with your unneeded intervention.

I voted you up for this comment.

It is defo a great idea and happy to have your support. I`m very busy this weekend with sportsbetting , slider settings and BBQs but happy to get this conversation going.

Wear your masks people. We can beat this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just an update, Mr. Wonder posted about bringing Gladius to the mainland after the island: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65159&page=13

I have directed him to this thread for further discussion.

I wrote to Xola Ferguson from Island Brawls to see what he thinks as we would need to communicate and show managers how to edit their End Location and who to contact once an org is locked which seems almost there.

More to cum. From the Island :)

uv0qfjij66e31.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just an update, Mr. Wonder posted about bringing Gladius to the mainland after the island: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65159&page=13

I have directed him to this thread for further discussion.

I wrote to Xola Ferguson from Island Brawls to see what he thinks as we would need to communicate and show managers how to edit their End Location and who to contact once an org is locked which seems almost there.

More to cum. From the Island :)

uv0qfjij66e31.jpg

When the borders open up, Im thinking of taking a trip to eht great north. Can you hook me up with one of these honeys?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a new owner, so here are my opinions and concerns from that perspective:

The big appeal of this game to me is that all fighters have hidden traits. You get what you get. This is something that I wish existed in several other genres (MMORPGs, Action RPG's, sports games, etc.). Unfortunately, there is an entire dance that you have to learn to basically circumvent this system. You learn learning speed, you look at the hidden hierarchy, all of this stuff that I'm still learning how to do. It hamstrings, if not destroys, all that is unique and cool about this game. I don't expect this opinion to be popular with veteran owners, but you really can't have it both ways: You either find a way to discourage that (e.g. encourage or force all fighters to fight) or else you discourage new owners. Learning all of this stuff is not only time-consuming, the more you learn, the less you respect the process of making good fighters. IMO, shouldn't fighters decide when to retire? I mean, that could be a hidden trait -- how dedicated a fighter is to the sport. You roll him, you're stuck with him. Might be two fights, might be 10. Again, I don't think this will be popular (and it would reduce revenue that would need to be supplemented in other ways), but it's the absolute number 1 issue as a new manager and it can't just be ignored.

I've got an entire stable of fighters. I don't really know who is good and who isn't good. I don't know how this "hype-farming" works, whether I'm getting screwed or not. Basically, it feels like I shouldn't trust anyone, that everyone else has an advantage, and that the ways to overcome that (lots of forum reading, micro-managing fighter training in unrealistic ways, mentoring, and overall experiencing getting screwed) are things that do not add to the gameplay experience. It also shatters the realism. We have an MMA world that is supposed to be living and breathing, which was created with a lot of great ideas and is very fun to play, but most fighters retire after one fight? Same with the ID system -- the intention is good, but understanding the ebb and flow of when to create a fighter, how old he should be, whether he should be on the Island or not, etc. are things that aren't immersive or fun and hamper the experience.

If you want new managers to stick around, it's actually quite simple: you have to encourage a system where the focus is on creating fighters and having fair fights, not on learning how to take advantage of 20 different game mechanics that are arbitrary and have nothing to do with actual MMA. Of course the question is how to do it, but we can't get to that question if people don't acknowledge that this is the issue.

• Upvote 2

I'm a new owner, so here are my opinions and concerns from that perspective:

The big appeal of this game to me is that all fighters have hidden traits. You get what you get. This is something that I wish existed in several other genres (MMORPGs, Action RPG's, sports games, etc.). Unfortunately, there is an entire dance that you have to learn to basically circumvent this system. You learn learning speed, you look at the hidden hierarchy, all of this stuff that I'm still learning how to do. It hamstrings, if not destroys, all that is unique and cool about this game. I don't expect this opinion to be popular with veteran owners, but you really can't have it both ways: You either find a way to discourage that (e.g. encourage or force all fighters to fight) or else you discourage new owners. Learning all of this stuff is not only time-consuming, the more you learn, the less you respect the process of making good fighters. IMO, shouldn't fighters decide when to retire? I mean, that could be a hidden trait -- how dedicated a fighter is to the sport. You roll him, you're stuck with him. Might be two fights, might be 10. Again, I don't think this will be popular (and it would reduce revenue that would need to be supplemented in other ways), but it's the absolute number 1 issue as a new manager and it can't just be ignored.

I've got an entire stable of fighters. I don't really know who is good and who isn't good. I don't know how this "hype-farming" works, whether I'm getting screwed or not. Basically, it feels like I shouldn't trust anyone, that everyone else has an advantage, and that the ways to overcome that (lots of forum reading, micro-managing fighter training in unrealistic ways, mentoring, and overall experiencing getting screwed) are things that do not add to the gameplay experience. It also shatters the realism. We have an MMA world that is supposed to be living and breathing, which was created with a lot of great ideas and is very fun to play, but most fighters retire after one fight? Same with the ID system -- the intention is good, but understanding the ebb and flow of when to create a fighter, how old he should be, whether he should be on the Island or not, etc. are things that aren't immersive or fun and hamper the experience.

If you want new managers to stick around, it's actually quite simple: you have to encourage a system where the focus is on creating fighters and having fair fights, not on learning how to take advantage of 20 different game mechanics that are arbitrary and have nothing to do with actual MMA. Of course the question is how to do it, but we can't get to that question if people don't acknowledge that this is the issue.

I actually immensely enjoy the managing portion of this game.

Very good points though. This is why the Island is so important, it`s create and go, fight.

The so called "elite" managers for the most part hate it because they cannot stomach losing to new managers and dropping that precious Hype lol

I personally love it and do my part winning and losing on The Island.

We still have a month to go before the End of Season tourney and then we shall see if Gladius moves to the mainland.

So far it looks great, of course the best plans of mice and men often go awry or something liek dat.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

First off- belated, but welcome to the game!

I can understand the frustration of entering the game and feeling as though the system is set up against you. I've been here for two years now, and I feel like I learn things every week. That being said, this game is a lot more simple when you break it down to a fundamental standpoint:

1. Test learning speed (if you want)

2. Test fight to check hiddens (if you want)

3. Get them some proper training

4. Fight!

and, while it may seem as though "Well what's the point? All I should do is roll until I get a 7.5 granite every time." This is also not really true- the variables within every fighter are what make it fun to manage different guys. for example, my fighter Dewey Decimal was a 6.3 and has a Granite chin, and has gone 10-3 and currently holds a belt. A fighter I released recently, Moldy Peach popped solid chin and was also a 6.3- He lost all four fights before I released him. So why did he suck? Well, probably because of me. I'm better at setting sliders for fighters that are built like Decimal. Conversely, I've had guys without good hiddens do pretty well under my management.

I understand the RPG element of not liking fighters retiring after 1 fight, but I generally just pretend that they were unable to find an agent after being released, and that's what ended their career. You can fill in whatever blanks you'd like. I always appreciate new ideas, but I will say that the only thing more infuriating for a new manager than getting a 3.5 "Enjoys gardening" fighter, would be to get a 3.5 enjoys gardening fighter that they are forced to keep for ten fights.

At the end of the day, it's all on perspective. Yes, if you are looking for overnight success, Tycoon is probably not for you. But, just like in real life, you get some help from people who know more than you, and you spend a bit of time studying it, it becomes very fun and unique in its own way. The thing that supports this game the most is how active this community is, with dozens if not hundreds of managers willing to help you out with whatever you need.

• Upvote 5

You can play this game different ways. At first I thought the only goal was to reach that #1 spot on the ranking. By the time I did I was already well aware that doesn't make you the best manager. I started setting other goals for myself, like winning a tournament, reaching the top of the pyramid league, having success in the big orgs etc. To some extent I'm just goofing around having some fun. I often kept a few subpar fighters basically because I just got attached to them but also because winning with them feels so much better. The point is, you can play the game the way you want. Compete for the manager hype, look to build the best p4p fighter, roleplay fighters, try weird builds, run orgs.. and you can change your goals if you get tired of one. That is one of the major strengths of this game, that it supports several "modes" of play.

• Upvote 5