SFC Smack Talk

Boble

SyFi 5 The Beginning of the Trilogy

This is the first of a 3 day fight spree for the SFC and it looks to start off the trilogy of fights strong with some of the hardest to predict matches yet. Due to us having 3 fights in a row I asked the owner which event he thought would be the best of the trilogy. He said I guess Syfi 7 will be the biggest card of the weekend, as it features two heavyweight fights I really look forward to, Bill Shorton and Rick Piano are 2 great fighters, and perhaps two with the most talent here in SFC, it is very likely, that those two fights can lead to a 265lbs title fight for one or two of the 4 fighters featured.”. While this event isn’t the one he is most hyped to see of the 3 do not underestimate the fights you will see with this event there are many worth looking forward to as the SFC continues to test each fighter and find which fighters are fit to join the power rankings.

0-0 Zurab “The Wolf” Koshadze VS 0-0 Febi “Rx King” Hariyadi

Koshadze will look to use his Superb wrestling to take things to the ground where he can control from the top and punish his opponent.

Hariyadi is a fighter with competent boxing and superb wrestling so he also will be trying to take his opponent down.

Prediction:

This fight is a coin flip as both fighters will be looking to do the same thing with similar skill sets.

Winner: Febi “Rx King” Hariyadi

I give Hariyadi the slight advantage, because his boxing while not particularly strong may be enough to give him the slight edge needed to give him separation from his opponent.

0-0 Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic VS 0-1 Josh “The Bomber” Ali

Filipovic will be making his debut and will look to showcase his muay thai skills as he tries to close with his opponent and abuse him from the clinch.

Ali is coming off of an abysmal debut where he was completely outclassed by his opponent. We will get to find out if he learned from the defeat as he faces an opponent with a similar style to the one that defeated him.

Prediction:

Both fighters have muay thai as their preferred style so it will come down to which fighter has the better strategy, as well as the most polished skills within the clinch.

Winner: Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic

While not as talented as Ali’s first opponent Filipovic still looks to be the superior fighter in the clinch and as such Ali will once again lose without showcasing very much.

0-0 Tebbo “The One” Vang VS 0-0 Marcos “Ratinho” Santana

Tebbo is looking to show that boxing is not something to be underestimated as most fighters in the SFC appear to be jumping on the Muay Thai bandwagon. While he is one dimensional in his skill set, that specialization means that if he keeps it standing he should have an easy time against this opponent.

Santana has impressive grappling on the ground, but very little to go with that. If he can manage to get his opponent on the ground he can end the fight at any moment.

Prediction:

In this fight both fighters are looking for completely opposite strategies. It will come down to whether or not Santana can take down Vang.

Winner: Tebbo “The One” Vang

As long as Vang has good balance and can avoid the takedown attempts he should have little problem winning this fight whether by decision or with a knockout.

1-1 Brain Fog VS 4-0 Joh “The Ice Ax” Fabnik

Fog has a diverse skill set with wrestling being his biggest strength. However you can’t underestimate the other aspects of his game as is obvious from the fact he won his first via submission.

Fabnik While overall having worse stats than his opponent has multiple disciplines trained in a synergistic way. While they are QFC matches, being 4-0 is no joke and you can’t underestimate this fighter.

Prediction:

Fabnik has the advantage in the clinch while Fog has the advantage in everything, but the clinch. This means Fabnik has a clear cut win advantage while Fog can use a more diverse fighting style to keep his opponent guessing.

Winner: Brain Fog

Fog has every advantage in this fight other than his w/l. More experienced manager, longer training history, higher stats, and a more diverse fighting style. As such it should be a relatively easy win for Fog.

0-0 Tieree “Smok’in” Joints VS 1-0 Jenk “Smesh” Onay

Making his debut we have Joints who appears to be the typical muay thai plus BJJ fighter. If he can get the clinch without being taken down he should be able to punish his opponents lack of stand up technique.

Onay is one of the more exciting wrestlers in the SFC as he showcased a very impressive suplex in his first match before pounding his opponent until he lost his will to fight.

Prediction:

This fight will depend largely on how well Joints can defend against the banzai takedown attempts from Onay. If he can stay on his feet in the clinch Onay will have trouble winning this fight.

Winner: Jenk “Smesh” Onay

If his first fight is any indication it will take a miracle for Joints to keep from being taken down as such it should be a clear cut advantage for Onay. The only way I see Joints pulling off the upset is if he can submit Onay from his back.

3-0 Nazim Bardakci VS 3-0 Keon “Stun Grenade” Fazeli

This fight comes in with two very hyped 3-0 fighters and Mr. Lineman had to say this about the fight: “Bardacki vs. Fazeli, really presents a new upcoming corps of fighters SFC was able to welcome. Both are 19yos, and with Afghanistan and Turkey as home country bring international flavour to SFC, and both will likely try to get the fight to the ground, with 2 sub wins each, I would bet a bit on Keon Fezeli, as his ground game may be a tad better, but I really look forward to an interesting fight.

Bardakci has looked impressive in his first 3 fights and has come away with the win each time. Winning another may put him forth as one of the front runners in the 155 lb weight class.

This statement also holds true for his opponent Fazeli. He normally uses wrestling to take his opponent down and control him while trying for submissions.

Prediction:

Both of these fighers about as similar as any two fighters can get. Both are 3-0 both utilize wrestling to take opponents down where they search for the submission. This should be a very close fight with a very low margin between the two.

Winner: Keon “Stun Grenade” Fazeli

While only one belt better at BJJ, when two fighters are this closely matched any slight edge can determine the results and we have to pick someone to win.

3-0 Илья Муромец VS 0-1 Mateusz “The Wizzard” Biernat

Муромец is an impressive fighter with a 3-0 fighter none of which are within the QFC. He is extremely intelligent and wins his fights using mostly boxing, but also fights from the clinch when he thinks he has more of an advantage there.

Do not underestimate Biernat, because of his debut. His only loss came to the runner up in the QFC tournament and as such should not reflect poorly on him. He has proficient boxing and is okay at the other aspects of his game.

Prediction:

Both of these fighters have impressive boxing skills and as such it will be a very exciting fight with many blows traded.

Winner: Илья Муромец

He is 3-0 for a reason folks. He has dominated every fight he has been in, he may not look impressive, because he generally wins by decision, but he is an extremely intelligent fighter and is just utilizing this to great effect as he minimizes risk to efficiently gain the victory.

1-0 Bernardo De Barros VS 0-1 Greg Miller

De Barros is coming from a TWGC background as he was a semi-finalist in a tournament resulting in a 3-1 record. IT will be interesting to see how well he does having not fought in an mma bout since early November.

Miller has already lost by submission once and will be trying to avoid a repeat loss via submission against this opponent.

Prediction:

De Barros is a very one dimensional fighter looking only to submit his opponent while miller will try to attack the holes in De Barros’ game.

Winner: Bernardo De Barros

De Barros is one of the best BJJ fighters in the SFC and his opponent has already proven susceptible to being submitted so he should be the clear cut favorite in this fight.

2-2 My Gal VS 1-0 Paulo “Matador” Lopes

My Gal is a tale of two fighters. He looks impressive in his wins, but very poor in his losses so its hard to get a read on this fighter. He does well from on top, but very badly if he is the on on his back.

Hard to say how good Lopes is as we have only seen 26 seconds of him fighting, but what a 26 seconds it was as he submitted his opponent very easily.

Prediction:

My Gal looks to show that his first two fights weren’t a fluke as he tries to recover from his 2 loss streak against an opponent with a very impressive debut.

Winner: Paulo “Matador” Lopes

If Lopes gets top Gal is hopeless from his back while the same is (hopefully) not true of Lopes. This is still a questionable fight as we have seen very little of Lopes.

1-0 Carlos Sousa VS 1-0-1 Half Life

Sousa managed to show in his debut that he used his wrestling and BJJ in conjunction with each other. He got taken down then utilized his BJJ to get into the stronger position where he used ground and pound to end the fight in violent fashion.

Half Life has very impressive muay thai and he will look to punish his opponents with superior clinchwork.

Prediction:

Both of these fighters are coming in undefeated, but with little experience in the octagon. Who will reign supreme in our main event as Dirty Boxer meets Wrestler?

Winner: Half Life

In this particular match up I give Half Life the edge as his opponent seems passive and will probably cede control of the tempo to Life which he will use to devastating effect by controlling Sousa from the clinch.

As always a big thanks to the SFC for letting me write these wonderful articles for everybody as well as Phantom Fightwear for sponsoring both the event and many of the fighters within it.

My Current Prediction Record: 20 Correct 10 Incorrect (66.66%)

-Eric Leoanrd

• Upvote 2

SyFi 6 The Sequel

Now for part 2 of our 3 fight spree and this one looks to be a doozy. We have a little of everything in this one as we finally see some fighters come full circle and appear in their second SyFi event. The fighters are getting more and more experienced with less and less people making their debut in this card as in the last one. Now that fighters are starting to get more settled into the organization I decided to ask Lineman when he was planning on integrating power rankings and how exactly he was going to determine who earned what spot in the rankings. His response was I guess rankings as well as titles are very important to bring structure to an Org. Both fighters and Fans want to know where everyone ranks, but for me this has to go hand in hand. From the beginning I stated that I will be handing out titles, once the fighters here from the beginning enter fight No. 3, so thats about 3-4 weeks from today, and along with those title we will start Power Rankings, which will be based on SFC In-Cage Performance, not necesarry by Hype, but Hype is always something considered when booking fights.

0-0 Sergei “The Serge” Bumanov VS 0-1 Ricardo “Gulag” Reis

As is the norm in the SFC we start off with a fighter making his debut as Bumanov looks to blast into the scene by showcasing his Remarkable Muay Thai skills.

Reis is hoping to turn around his record and show that his debut was a fluke. He will be attempting to use his superb wrestling to prevent his opponent from taking control during the fight.

Prediction:

Reis will have to show that he isn’t just a takedown machine as he looked lost last week after getting the takedown. Bumanov on the other hand has no previous blemishes on his record to learn from and will just try to avoid takedowns and abuse his opponent in the clinch.

Winner: Sergei “The Serge” Bumanov

Reis looked very poor even when on top in his last fight as such I can’t give him the advantage in this one and expect Bumanov to win this fight, either by decision if taken down, or by TKO if he can avoid takedowns.

0-0 Jorge “Jsp” Sankt Perrier VS 0-0 Michael Maki

Perrier is one of the few fighters we have seen who prefers BJJ over stand up and it will be interesting if he can showcase it in his debut.

Maki is yet another BJJ fighter making his debut making this fight an interesting one.

Prediction:

This will be a very good fight as both fighters have the exact same skill set as far as an outside observer can see. Which means this will most likely come down to how well each manager can prepare his fighter coming into the fight.

Winner: Michael Maki

Maki’s manager has previous BJJ fighters with victories and a better overall record, thus I have to give him the edge in this one.

0-0 Gabriel “The Olive” Oliva VS 1-1 Brett “cbomb Face McGee” Day

Oliva is your classic boxer type looking to keep his opponents at a distance while he peppers them with punches, but he also learned a little BJJ juuuust in case he gets taken down so he isn’t useless from his back.

Day is your classic Muay Thai fighter and he is looking to prove that his first two fights were a learning experience, because he didn’t look impressive even in the win.

Prediction:

Oliva looks to prove himself against a struggling foe in the classic match up of boxing versus Muay Thai, and if he can’t defeat an opponent who has had this much trouble it spells trouble for his career. On the other hand Day is in a do or die situation as another less than impressive showing may instill doubt in his manager’s mind as to whether to keep him.

Winner: Gabriel “The Olive” Oliva

Day has just looked too poor in his previous showings to give him the nod in this one and I look to Oliva to show that boxers can defeat muay thai fighters.

1-0 Risto “Murhaaja” Halonen VS 0-0 Luc Brood

Halonen is a jack of all trades fighter who used boxing and BJJ in his first fight eventually managing to end it by TKO. He will be attempting to attack his opponent’s weaknesses and use them to bring himself to victory.

Brood appears to be the typical boxer/wrestler type and will probably try to keep it standing, however has the ability to take it to the ground if things go poorly standing.

Prediction:

Halonen’s only area where he holds the advantage is from the clinch and as such will need to abuse it well in order to defeat Brood.

Winner: Luc Brood

His boxing is superior and against a fighter with a young manager it will be difficult for Halonen to plan for the fight well enough to use his jack of all trades to its best.

1-0 Michael “Down There” Grundman VS 0-1 Mao “The Tree” Kai

Grundman looked very impressive in his first fight as he submitted his opponent before it even hit the 30 second mark and he will hope to do the same in this one.

Kai on the other hand had a very disappointing debut as he lost by decision decidedly. He has good Muay Thai with slightly better BJJ and will hope to fight it out in the clinch then take it to the ground if things go poorly for him standing.

Prediction:

Both fighters have impressive BJJ, but Grundman has much better wrestling while Kai has much better Muay Thai and it will come down to which one can use their strength better.

Winner: Michael “Down There” Grundman

It will be very difficult for Kai to resist the takedowns of Grundman and as such I have to give the advantage to Grundman in this one.

1-0 Idont “Yes” Know VS 1-0 Rui “Hiena” Vidal

Know is a solid BJJ fighter with seemingly strong takedowns as in his first fight he completely dominated his opponent by taking him down at will then controlling him from the top.

Vidal is the opposite as he wanted to avoid going down at all costs in order to showcase his strong boxing game.He showed in his first fight that if taken down he has trouble on the ground and due to this he will have to make sure he stays on his feet.

Prediction:

Ground Vs standing who wins will completely come down to whether Know can take Vidal down to the ground.

Winner: Idont “Yes” Know

Vidal proved highly susceptible to takedowns and Know showed that he could takedown people with ease making this a fairly easy fight to predict.

2-0 Alaric “The Barbarian” Visigoth VS 1-0 Vitaly “Bulldozer” Minakov

Visigoth wowed everyone in his SFC debut as he submitted his opponent 45 seconds after the bell was rung with an impressive BJJ showcase. He will look to have a repeat performance and maybe show off a little boxing while he is at it.

Minakov has remarkable wrestling and if he can utilize it well it is anyone’s best guess as to who will walk with the victory in this one.

Prediction:

Visigoth has the advantage striking while Minakov has the clear wrestling advantage making it very difficult for Visigoth to avoid the takedowns of his opponent.

Winner: Alaric “The Barbarian” Visigoth

I expect Visigoth to be taken down rather easily even with his good boxing skills, but his purple belt means that he has the ability to submit Minakov even after he is taken down.

1-0 Bobby “Long Bat” Lavinski VS 0-1 Taz “Trouble S. Gonzo” Miller

Lavinski had a very impressive showing at his debut in the QFC where he completely crushed his opponent with superior striking not even having to use his strong Muay Thai.

Miller had a poor showing in his first fight looking out of sorts as he got submitted by his opponent without being able to do much.

Prediction:

This is a tale of two different career debuts as one fighter looked impressive while another had a very poor showing. Both fighters are very stand up oriented fighters meaning this fight should be an exciting showing that ends in a knockout.

Winner: Bobby “Long Bat” Lavinski

Its hard to judge whether Miller is good or not as he got taken down so quickly we didn’t get to see his ability to fight, but Lavinski looked extremely impressive so its with little doubt that I have to give him the upper hand in this one.

2-1 Igor Krovchensky VS 0-0 Indi “Ome Indiana Jones” Jones

In SyFi 1 I made the mistake of underestimating Krovchensky and put him as the underdog in his fight. Boy was I mistaken as Krovchensky then went on to completely crush his opponent in the clinch with ease knocking him out in the first round.

Jones will be making his debut he has a well rounded skill set and will have to try and attack his opponents’ weaknesses in order to win fights.

Prediction:

This looks to be a tough fight for the rookie Jones as he fights an opponent that has already proven himself in the first ever event in the SFC. If he can take down Krovchensky then he definitely has a chance in this one, but can he?

Winner: Igor Krovchensky

I made the mistake of not picking Krovchensky last time and against a new fighter I see no reason to repeat the mistake as Krovchensky has a clear advantage in this one.

5-1 “Switchblade” Miroslav Walker VS 3-1 Bruno Javier “Bjj” Jimenez

For the main event of this one I thought who better to introduce our two fighters than Boble Lineman himself. He had this to say about these two fighters: I guess these fighters match up pretty well, Jimenez has a boxing game in combination with great BJJ, while Walker is a great wrestler, it will be interesting to see, and should be the toughest challenge for both so far. Jimenez before his win at SyFi 2 had a experience at AFL, so while it may look 5-1 vs. 3-1, I think Jimenez really is equal in fight experience.

Prediction:

This is a tough one to call as Lineman said both of these fighters host impressive records and are front runners in the 170 pound division.

Winner: Bruno Javier “Bjj” Jimenez

As hard a decision as this was to make I give Jimenez the edge in this one, because he looked much more impressive in his fights despite having fewer of them. Also the takedowns aren’t as important if Jimenez can submit Walker from his back anyways.

Thanks as always for reading my preview everyone and I look forward to continuing our journey in this wonderful new organization together. If you would like to do a fighter interview or have a quote included in my preview you can send me a message through my profile page http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=121643 . As always thanks to Phantom Fightwear for sponsoring the organization and thanks to Boble Lineman for allowing me to write as well as compete in this wonderful organization.

Current Predictions: Correct-20 Incorrect-10

-Eric Leoanrd

• Upvote 2

It is very likely we cannot provide a writeup for SyFi 7, as Eric can only provide 2 per week, I look for an additional writer for our 3rd card of the week, but so far have had no response.....

So if anyone is interested, to provide us with 1 write up a week, perhaps doing some interview or short Post Recaps, I'm glad to take you on a payroll.

It is very likely we cannot provide a writeup for SyFi 7, as Eric can only provide 2 per week, I look for an additional writer for our 3rd card of the week, but so far have had no response.....

So if anyone is interested, to provide us with 1 write up a week, perhaps doing some interview or short Post Recaps, I'm glad to take you on a payroll.

I'm not interested in being on the payroll for being an actual writer. I don't know if I have the time, but I will see if I can get a write-up done for SyFi 7.

New here. How do I get fight contracts? Do I request one or is it random whenever?

Try looking in the forums for orgs that are hiring, look at the various orgs in the city you are based in (you can get there via the Highstreet link on the main menu), and make sure your fighter's checkbox on the My Fighters page is checked for need contract. Once you have been signed to an org then they will periodically offer you fight offers. Those are fairly self-explanatory.

I would recommend an ID restricted org. Most such orgs will have a number in parenthesis after their name telling you what their ID restriction is. Your ID is in parenthesis after your fighter's name.

• Upvote 1

New here. How do I get fight contracts? Do I request one or is it random whenever?

First of all you should link your forum profile to your manager profile, as I have no idea, what's your manager number or name, SFC currently still recruits new fighters,

so depending on your fighter, you may well qualify for a contract here.

[Screen fades in and starting music and credits roll. The MMAAddict.com logo pops into view. Ricky Warner, the show’s host, looks up at the camera and begins his intro.]

Ricky Warner: Hello, everyone. Welcome to the Weekly MMAAddict.com vlog. This week I will be doing a preview of the newest fight promotion to hit the scene in Sydney, Australia, SFC – Sydney Fights. Their seventh event is slated to take place on February 4th, 2018 at Paddy O’Mallys – Sydney.

The event has ten fights scheduled and could prove to be the most hyped show to date for the fledgling organization. SFC is owned and operated entirely by Boble Lineman from Frankfurt, Germany. He is a very vocal member of The Evil Empire alliance, which is owned and operated by my personal friend, Brunno Falcone.

So, without further delays, let’s take a look at the card from bottom to top.

Jengo “The Chief” Makumba (0-0) vs. Kevin Durant (0-0)

The evening will open with two fighters making their professional debuts. The only thing we have to go on for these two fighters is their amateur records, and reports from scouts. The Chief is a wonderfully skilled boxer, but little else. Having never seen him fight, I cannot comment on his power or ability to take a hit. Looking at his manager reveals nothing either, since this will be the first fight for him as well. He is a member of the Heritage Alliance which is owned by the infamous and volatile, Humours. It’s reputation is far from what you would call sterling, but how much of that comes from the alliance and how much from Humours himself, is up for debate. His opponent, Durant, is a similarly skilled, one dimensional fighter, but his favored discipline is Muay Thai. Since neither of these guys has a ground game to speak of, it’s a no-brainer that this fight will take place on the feet. Despite Durant’s manager being a member of the Legion of Doom alliance, he sports an absolutely terrible record. So in conclusion this fight will take place on the feet, but beyond that, it’s really a toss-up.

Prediction: Makumba by decision.

Next up on the roster:

Frank “The Big Tank” Drillon (3-2-1) vs. Voshon “The Pain Train” Daniels (0-0)

Drillon has no experience outside of the QFC and even then he managed to not win half of those fights. Even his manager is sporting a 50% record. His only standout skills are possibly his blue belt in BJJ. Considering Daniels’ almost complete lack of skill in that department. Drillon is, arguably, the better boxer, but Daniels sports a solid Muay Thai base and he is equally skilled as a boxer. Ring experience could play a factor here, but if I know Brunno, he will have his inexperienced fighters following his orders very closely. Over all, I’ve got to give this fight to Voshon Daniels since he is older and coached by a more established manager. I would be willing to bet that Drillion simply will not have the skill to get this fight to the ground where his only real chance to win lies. Without the ability to get his opponent down, he loses every time.

Prediction: Voshon Daniels by KO.

The next fight is about redemption for one of these fighters.

Yamil “Chango” Villanueva (0-1) vs. Gabor "The Viking" Olvirsson (0-1)

Both of these fighters lost their debut fights, and have got to be looking for the chance to prove they are still viable. Villanueva, is, by far, the more well-rounded fighter as far as skillset is concerned. His strongest aspect as far as disciplines go is his wrestling. That is not saying much as he is competent, but not impressive. Olvirsson, by contract has a far more focused skillset and his remarkable boxing skills will prove a difficult obstacle for Villanueva to overcome. Both fighters are managed by managers that are new to the world of MMA and nothing can be gleaned from that. So it comes down to the tale of the tape, so to speak. That tape is telling me that The Viking is going to even the score. And he will do it by having his way with Villanueva.

Prediction: Gabor “The Viking” Olvirsson by KO or TKO.

More debuts…

“Black” Nathaniel Strong (0-0) vs. Rivo Riitta (0-0)

This is an interesting matchup. Both of these fighters are remarkably skilled boxers, with a smattering of skills elsewhere. Strong is competent in his wrestling capabilities and I suspect that will be more than enough to stop the desperate attempts by Riitta to get the fight into his world. His Brown belt in BJJ will make him dangerous on the ground. If this goes to the ground, this fight will probably be ended quickly by Riitta, but getting it there should prove problematic.

Prediction: “Black” Nathaniel Strong, KO

The next fight is a specialist vs. generalist fight.

Grabstrong Stranglegod (1-0) vs. Taga "Cold Piece " Lampshade (0-0)

Grabstrong is, in fact, strong in his wrestling game and has a blue belt in BJJ. He is a bit more seasoned at twenty-one years of age, but he is training in the awful Cozad gym, and his only fight, which he did win, to his credit, was in the QFC. His opponent, Lampshade does hail from the LOD alliance, which could, or at least should mean that he alliance mates that could prove helpful. He is a generalist, with skills across the whole spectrum. He is the better fighter overall in this matchup and even though he is outclassed in wrestling skills, he is every bit the equal of Stranglegod in Brazilian Jujitsu and should prove a foil to Stranglegod’s efforts on the ground. Stranglegod, won his QFC match by strikes though and not submission so it is possible that he could pull out the win on the ground via GnP. To Stranglegod’s credit though he also does have a pretty solid chin. I think that this could prove one of the more interesting fights on the card.

Prediction: Tough to call, but I think Lampshade could win this via decision.

Hans "Ko Reel" Nebel (1-0) vs. Billy "Brutal" Bobkins (1-0)

Styles make fights, so they say, but I beg to differ. At least to some extent I do, that is. When you have a fighter with superior grappling vs. someone with superior striking, you usually have a very lopsided fight. Either the striker stuffs all attempts at taking the fight to the ground and punishes the grappler for trying it, or the takedown spam works and then the grappler has his way with the striker. Experienced managers train their strikers in a way that usually results in tremendous takedown defense. This will make for a rather unproductive and unsatisfying night for the grappler. Here is the interesting part about these guys though. They both have very quick KOs to the record, but Neble scored a mind-blowing, five-second knockout. I think this fight will not last long and someone will be taking a nap by the end of it. It could go either way, but I predict…

Prediction: Hans "Ko Reel" Nebel by KO.

Mahir "Mahe" Ferhatbegovic (0-1) vs. Alexander "Hammer" Nielsen (1-0)

This next fight is fairly evenly matched. Ferhatbegovic has noticeably better wrestling, but to say that he has good wrestling would be an overstatement. He fought a far more experienced fighter in the QFC and he got taken down and torn apart on the ground. You all should know my disdain for the QFC by now, so it should come as no surprise that I think this is not an indication of how good or bad Ferhatgovic is. Nielsen won a hard-fought split decision in his debut and proved that he is going to fight from bell to bell. He also might have the chin to take what Ferhatgovic throws.

Prediction: Alexander "Hammer" Nielsen decision.

King Yelats (0-0) vs. Antonio "Mago" Medina (1-0)

Two more somewhat evenly matched fighters. These two seem to mirror each other in their strengths. Yelats is a stronger boxer, but gives up a bit in his Muay Thai. He is a significantly better wrestler but lacks any real skill in BJJ. “Mago” has a late third round TKO is his QFC fight, which speaks to his energy levels and his ability to soak up some punishment perhaps, but he doesn’t seem to have any standout abilities that can mark him as a clear-cut winner in this fight. Yelats, we just don’t know enough about, yet. Looking at the amateur records of these two and what we know about their skill levels, I would be inclined to lean towards Yelats.

Prediction: King Yelats by Decision or possibly (T)KO.

Entering the main card, we see what appears to be a pretty lopsided matchup.

Rick "Roidburg" Piano (4-0) vs. Kip "African Sensation" Longang (0-0)

In what appears to be a ritual sacrifice of the org owner’s own fighter he is facing Rick Piano. This guy looks like he eats steroids for breakfast and washes it down with Human Growth Hormone. He is an animal and he sports a flawless 4-0 record. He has destroyed everyone that steps in his way with his raw KO power. Putting an untested fighter in the cage with him could prove disastrous. This one is a no-brainer. If you are a betting man, then bet on Piano. There is nowhere that Longang can win this unless he brings a gun.

Prediction: Rick “Roidberg” Piano KO.

Somebody’s O has to go in the main event for this card.

Cj "The Mauler" Morrison (1-0) vs. Bill Shorton (2-0)

Morrison seems to do his best work from the clinch having done most of the damage in his debut while there. But he may have a lack of KO power because despite the accuracy of his punches, he didn’t seem to have enough power to put his opponent away. Maybe he’s been pumping lots of iron in his training camp, but as it looks now we can expect precision over power from Morrison. Shorton on the other hand definitely has power. He has les than two and a half minutes total time in the cage. With both opponents taking a nap. However, both those opponents were in the QFC. One thing is undeniable in this main even fight. The power is Shorton’s main strength. Both of these guys sport solid standup, albeit in different disciplines, and I don’t see this fight ending up on the mat. These two are going to meet in the middle of the cage and beat the Hell out of each other. And that can have but one outcome as I see it.

Prediction: Bill Shorton KO.

Well, there you have it folks. SyFi 7 Fight card breakdown. That’s all the time we have for now, so hit that like button and subscribe for more MMA content like you just saw here. See you next time.

[The screen fades to black as the credits roll.]

• Upvote 1

Weekend Recap:

Sydney Fights held 3 cards over the weekend, and it surely moved the Organization one step closer to becoming prominent on the MMA Map. All card featured 10 fights, and all awards where handed out.
Almost 2000 people made their way out to see the Fights, let's take a look back at the Highlights:
Friday:
KO of the night: Илья Муромец
Sub of the night: Bernardo De Barros
Fight of the night: Carlos Sousa vs Half Life
Saturday:
KO of the night: Igor Krovchensky
Sub of the night: Michael Grundmann
Fight of the night: Alaric Visigoth vs Vitaly Minakov
Sunday:
KO of the night: Rick Piano
Sub of the night: Antonio Medina
Fight of the night: Mahir Ferhatbegovic vs Alexander Nielsen
The weekend saw three potential Title Hopes win, as Alaric Visigoth(205), Igor Krovchensky(185) and Rick Piano(265) earned themself their 2nd SyFi win, and invitations to a title fight.
It can be officialy confirmed, that Rick Piano has put his name under a new contract guaranteeing 4 more fights by the potential future superstar at Sydney Fights.
While everybody may be waiting for a matchup with Bill Shorton, who was very impressive in the 265 Main Event, word is, that that fight will have to wait, as Rick Piano will likely fight for the title against someone else first.
  • Upvote 2

Sydney Fights

SyFi 9 - Preview

February 10th, 2018 - The Underground - Sydney

It feels almost unreal how far this organization has come in such little time. The hype built in this new organization has been steadily increasing and this weekend we find out if we can fill a 1000 person stadium. I asked the infamous Boble Lineman whether he was excited about hosting the next events in a bigger venue and he had this to say: Oh yes, totally excited, 1000 fans will hopefully fill the Arena and give Sydney a big bang MMA Org, but hopefully this is not the end, the Target for Sydney Fights is to really grow as an Org, and fill bigger Arenas soon.You heard it here folks he will not be satisfied with only 1000, but will be striving to reach even larger audiences in the near future.

Mr. Lineman also has very important news to share with everyone, news I know that many (including myself) have been excited to hear. He said “In other important news for all SFC Fighters, we will soon start scheduling title fights, last weekend the first fighters got their 2nd wins in SFC and qualified for title fights, I guess it's just about 3 weeks, till the first champs will be crowned.If you thought this organization was exciting before wait till we start seeing the first champions crowned. No word on what criteria will be used for who gets the shot, but it is easy to guess we can expect some amazing fights in the near future! Without further ado lets get into the fights for SyFi 9.

(3-1, 185 lbs) Reiner “Armored Titan” Brawn

VS

(2-1, 185 lbs) Jack “Shit cbomb Mcgagger” Hughes

Brawn is making his debut in the SFC, but has had a decent run of things in the QFC amassing a 3-1 record although he appears to struggle to finish fights without resorting to the judge’s scorecard. He is a classic example of a ground fighter as he takes his opponents down where he uses a mix of submissions and ground and pound to take home the victory. If he can learn better jiu jitsu you can expect this fighter to go from a decent fighter struggling to end things to an expert submission artist no one wants to fight against.

Hughes will look to show that his performance in SyFi 1 wasn’t the real him and right the ship he turned the wrong direction that night. He is very similar to his opponent in style as he looks for takedowns and likes to fight on the ground. However, that’s where the similarities end, because he looks to control from the top with ground and pound and knock his opponent out. He appears to be rather confident as he was overheard saying “I would crush puny Jack Hughes like fat bunny he is. I will devour all fighters who not worthy. #SFC (Jan 10, 2018)”.

Prediction:

In a fight where both fighters like to take their opponent down and fight from on top wrestling will be extremely important. I expect that whoever gets the takedowns and is able to control from on top will take away the win in this one.

Winner: Reiner “Armored Titan” Brown

I highly doubt this fight will end by anything other than decision, but I expect Brown to have more control with his superior wrestling and as such take home the decision victory.

(1-1, 170 lbs) Tori “Ice” Kankunnen

VS

(0-1-1, 170 lbs) Jem “The Gypsy” Mace

Kankunnen is a superb wrestler who had a decent debut in the SFC. His first fight he stopped many submissions and landed all of his ground and pound, but in the end was submitted by his opponent.

Mace is one of those fighters who wants to stay on his feet and in his last fight he managed to do so. Unfortunately for him his opponent ended up getting the better of him in their exchanges as he took the initiative and punished Mace.

Prediction:

This fight will all come down to whether Mace can stay on his feet or not, because standing he should be stronger than his opponent by a fair margin while on the ground his by far the worse of the two fighters.

Winner: Jem “The Gypsy: Mace

I’m making a leap of faith as Mace has not proven himself yet, but I believe he can keep his feet against the takedowns of Kankunnen and eventually win out in this fight.

(1-1, 170 lbs) Ty Banks

VS

(0-1, 170 lbs) Erwin “Autsch” Miller

Banks made his debut in the Peterhof fight club and left the organization with a 1-1 record. He showed his proficiency in wrestling combined with his blue belt made for a combination worthy of a 1-1 record. He looked poor standing, but on the ground he can grapple with anyone.

Miller lost in a decision against Butzhammer in SyFi 1 helping to kick off the organization we now find ourselves in. Miller will look to redeem himself against the outsider Banks and prove that a loss in the SFC is better than a win in the PFF. He has impressive standup and if he can keep from being taken down he should have a relatively easy time against this opponent.

Prediction:

The key points of this fight will be Banks’ wrestling and Miller’s takedown defense and balance. If Miller can keep on his feet for the duration of the fight he should have a relatively easy time defeating Banks. Even then Banks will probably have a tough time finishing Miller adding another facet of the match to keep an eye on.

Winner: Erwin “Autsch” Miller

Miller may have looked less than impressive in his last fight, but he got to showcase very little of his skills in that fight as his opponent kept him in the clinch most of the fight. As long as he can land his punches better I expect Miller to be able to defeat this opponent.

(0-0-1, 145 lbs) Javier “Jiujiteiro” Dominguez

VS

(1-0-1, 145 lbs) Joca “Pegador” Carioca

We need no separate introduction for these two fighters as this is a bit of a grudge match between the two. In their last bout at SyFi 2 neither fighter could edge out his opponent and both left with a draw added to their records. In their first fight both had 3 takedowns and appeared equal on the ground as well with Dominguez attempting more submissions, but having a lower success rate with his takedowns and transitions. This will be a very fun fight to watch, because both of these fighters have already proven that they are extremely close in skills.

Prediction:

Wouldn’t it be fun if these fighters had another draw? However, I wouldn’t be much of a writer if I predicted a draw I have to pick one to win. Dominguez was the more active of the two fighters while Carioca was the more efficient so it all comes down to efficiency versus control.

Winner: Javier “Jiujiteiro” Dominguez

In the end I had to go with Dominguez, because being more active may result in him losing stamina quicker, but if he isn’t submitted the amount of control he brings to the table should give him the advantage on the judges’ scorecards.

(1-2, 185 lbs) Gary Red

VS

(5-1, 185 lbs) Lio “Lion” Metdida

Red made his SFC debut in Syfi’s first card where he won by decision against Jack Hughes who will be opening this event. Red looked lost in the clinch, but while standing he could not miss with his strikes until he started stringing them together. His accuracy with punches is terrifying if your the one having to go against him. While this boxing technician may not knock everyone out his ability to be concise and accurate makes him a scary person to go into the later rounds against, because he almost certainly has the score lead.

Metdida so far has only participated in QFC fights, but making it to the semi-finals of a QFC tournament is impressive in its own way. He has a brown belt and has used it well in all five of his victories winning all five via submission. You never know what move he will throw at you, he ended 4 of the 5 fights with a different finisher (two by kimura, one by armbar, one by guillotine, and one by americana).

Prediction:

If this fight remains standing its obvious who will walk away with the victory, but will Red be able to remain standing against Metdida’s takedowns which are one of his strongpoints?

Winner: Lio “Lion” Metdida

Personally I don’t believe Red will be able to stuff the takedown attempts Metdida brings to the table. Red’s wrestling is questionable at best as is his jiu jitsu and since he prefers to fight more technically I don’t see him knocking Metdida out before he can be taken down. I expect another submission victory from Metdida in his SFC debut.

(2-0, 185 lbs) Wayne Benning

VS

(1-0, 185 lbs) “The Reaper” Derrick Wolfe

Benning is one of the recent adds to the SFC organization and he is coming in off of 2 straight QFC wins with his boxing being very highly regarded as some of the best you will find in any 18 year old. The only question we have is whether or not he can do well against someone with even half way decent wrestling as both of his first two opponents were content to keep it on their feet and try and best him at his own game.

Wolfe is also making his SFC debut, but while Benning looked highly impressive in his wins Wolfe looked incredibly sloppy. In his debut fight he threw combo after combo with barely any punches landing before finally winning by decision. Against Bennings’ precision Wolfe’s chin may not be up to the beating his aggressive boxing style forces it to take.

Prediction:

Both of these fighters appear to prefer to keep it standing and this one will be a cut and dry match where the better boxer will walk away with the victory.

Winner: Wayne Benning

Its hard to see Wolfe winning this one without a lucky punch landing and counting on victory via lucky punch is something no logical man would bet on. I expect Benning to walk away with the KO win as he picks apart the holes in Wolfe’s boxing.

(3-1, 170 lbs) Isbrand Gustav

VS

(1-1, 170 lbs) Evan “The Widowmaker” Lynn

Gustav came to the SFC riding a three fight win streak and had very high expectations placed on him, but he disappointed in his debut losing in a one sided decision where he only landed 6 of 93 punches. Gustav will definitely enter the octagon in this one looking to redeem himself and try and claw his way back into talks for the top in the 170 pound weight class.

Lynn also lost in his SFC debut in a disappointing fight where he was submitted in the early half of the third round. While he earned fight of the night honors no one wants to start their career in an organization with a loss. He uses strong wrestling to take down his opponents as well as a haphazard boxing style while on his feet.

Prediction:

Gustav has much stronger boxing, but it should be rather easy for Lynn to take him down to the ground. This fight will most likely come down to whether Gustav can submit Lynn before the wrestling of Lynn can do its work on him.

Winner: Isbrand Gustav

This pairing looks rather similar to Lynn’s first match and will most likely lead to similar results as Lynn will take his opponent down and then most likely get submitted while trying to improve position.

(2-1, 170 lbs) Joe “Thug” Lugg

VS

(1-0, 170 lbs) Khalamedov Nurmagabeeb

Lugg’s SFC debut in SyFi 1 resulted in him coming away with the victory via submission in a match where his opponent took him down at will, but regretted this fact afterwards as Lugg controlled the match from his back with submission attempt after submission attempt. Lugg has a definite lack of skill while standing, but has not had to worry so far about this fact.

Nurma whose name is too long had an impressive showing in his first fight at Syfi 2 even winning fight of the night honors in his victory via submission. In this fight he stuffed all takedown attempts from his opponent while using his own takedowns to bring his opponent down where he controlled from the top and eventually submitted his opponent.

Prediction:

Both of these fighters prefer a victory via submission and have below average stand up skills. Nurma appears to have the advantage standing, and he may be able to keep it standing if he so chooses, but a fighter like Nurma will probably not swallow his pride and refuse to use his own strengths out of fear.

Winner: Joe “Thug” Lugg

If this fight remains standing Nurma may be able to win via decision, but I imagine he will not be able to resist the temptation of using his strong wrestling to take Lugg down and when he does so Lugg’s superior BJJ should earn him the victory.

(1-0, 265+ lbs) Jeff “Lumberjack” Messer

VS

(1-0, 265+ lbs) Harald “Viking” Knochmal

Messer in his SFC debut put on a stand up showcase where he crushed his opponent fighting from a distance with boxing and then proceeded to clinch him and beat him there as well. It is also rumored that his boxing is impressive, but we have yet to see him use it and he may have concentrated in takedown defense to synergize with his strong stand up.

Knochmal also had an impressive debut as he did the exact same things I just complimented Messer for doing. His power is no joke and his wrestling which he didn’t have to use in his debut is just as impressive as his boxing.

Prediction:

Both of these fighters have had equally impressive debuts in very similar manners making this one of the most difficult fights to predict.

Winner: Jeff “Lumberjack” Messer

While both fighters looked impressive in their debuts I have to give the nod to Messer as he has the superior boxing and the slightly worse wrestling doesn’t make a difference if his opponent can’t take him down.

(5-0, 185 lbs) Big “Baba” Asznee

VS

(2-0, 185 lbs) Tvia “Tvillo” Iruscek

In the battle of the brown belts at Syfi 2 “Baba” managed to eke out a decision win and proved that while the margin is slight his Jiu Jitsu was superior Silva’s. Now after facing down one of the most impressive BJJ fighters in the SFC he has to once again prove himself against another strong ground grappler in Iruscek and if his last event was any indication, he is ready for the challenge.

Iruscek won a very close math against the purple belt Graumuller wherein his takedowns were the difference in a very close decision that could have gone either way. Against a better Jiu Jitsu artist in Asznee he will have his work cut out for him to try and win whether via decision or submission.

Prediction:

Both of these fighters are hoping to cement themselves as contenders in the 185 pound division and make their way into the title fight whenever it does happen. As such this should be a very hotly contested fight as two fighters of equal skill on the ground try and eke out small advantages in order to win the fight.

Winner: Big “Baba” Asznee

Asznee looked slightly more impressive in his win than Irescek making him the slight favorite in my opinion. However, this fight could easily go either way as two equally skilled fighters meet in what should be a very exciting (if you enjoy BJJ) match.

As always thanks to those of you who read these write ups as you are the reason the SFC sponsors these. Good luck to those in the card and lets enjoy the show!

My Prediction Record: 32 correct 18 incorrect (64%)

-Eric Leoanrd

• Upvote 2

Sydney Fights

SyFi 10 - Preview

February 11th, 2018 - The Underground - Sydney

Once again the SFC finds itself in an fight card inundated with people making their SFC debut just like in the early days. This to me means the organization is looking for young talent very actively so I asked the org owner if he planned on continuing to sign more and more fighters and when he planned on finishing the recruitment drive. He answered At the moment we still offer contracts to rookies that look promising, it's a very difficult game, some don't even make it to their first fight, some seem to not follow the rules, and get out of business after 1 fight, so as it may seem a mass, or way to many fighters currently, we are at the moment developing a lot of fighters, that we want to feature in the future, the number will go drastically down at one point.
In addition, we will introduce a Wednesday Card, not sure for how long, or how often, which will only feature Sydney Fights Rookies and loosers of their last match, kind of a redemption card, with no Preview Coverage, and likely other paths for fighters on loosing streaks, but that still has to be developed in detail.Out of curiosity stemming from the fact he had many rookies in the Sunday card I also asked him what his logic was in deciding which card to put on which day of the weekend and he had this to say “At the moment making the cards is still a bit of trial and Error, the first approach was to do it weight class by weight class, that resulted in the lighter weights on Friday, the big boys on Sunday.
However, strategically the Sunday Card should be best followed by Saturday and Friday, so the next step will be to put the Main Events in first, to have good headliners in that row.Now on to the action!

(4-0, 265+ lbs) Rosario “The Crowned” Fusco

VS

(2-0, 265+ lbs) Travis Dillon

Fusco is coming in hot after winning the QFC tournament with a string of knockouts using his impressive boxing and wrestling. This 18 year old while not competitive in the top tier of the SFC just yet is looking to prove that his rise in the SFC is a matter of time and that nothing can stop him.

Dillon has not truly been tested yet as he won both of his fights easily in the early half of the first round. His boxing is something that you can’t fight heads up, but when paired with his impressive takedown defense it makes for a difficult fight. He has beaten both a wrestler and a boxer and made both victories look simple.

Prediction:

Both fighters appear to have similar skill sets from the outside, but one has a much heavier focus on boxing while the other focuses more on wrestling making his for an interesting fight.

Winner: Travis Dillon

Dillon’s boxing appears to be quite superior to his opponent’s and he will most likely use this to devastating effect. His takedown defense is no slouch either leaving little opening for his opponent to take any advantage in this fight.

(1-1, 265 lbs) Henrik “Hamlet” Hightower

VS

(2-2, 265 lbs) Orc Mismash

Hightower is a very confusing fighter and hopefully some of the questions about him will be answered in his SFC debut. He has spent a total of 13 seconds in the octagon in two fights as he was knocked out in 5 seconds, but also has a knockout in 8 seconds. His power is no joke, but its hard to say if his chin is up to snuff after seeing him knocked out in 5 seconds.

Mismash looked strong in his two QFC fights, but within the New Jersey MMA org he did not put up a strong performance as he was knocked out twice in the first round. Both of these fights were against Muay Thai fighters which bodes ill for his next fight against another solid Muay Thai fighter.

Prediction:

Both of these fighters have looked strong in their victories and weak in the losses. If they can show consistency they could be extremely difficult fighters to go against and in this fight one will rise above the other and show that he is the better wildcard.

Winner: Henrik “Hamlet” Hightower

Its hard to call this one, because both fighters have huuuuuge question marks within their fights, but I’ll give Hightower the edge, because both of Mismash’s losses were against Muay Thai fighters.

(0-0, 205 lbs) Eric Grondin

VS

(0-1, 205 lbs) Yansen “Russian Guy” Katorzquwiz

Grondin is a rookie fighter making his mma debut in the SFC and hoping to start his career off on the right track. He has respectable Muay Thai, Feeble wrestling, and a blue belt and will hope to use these together in as efficient manner as possible. He has a relatively young manager who is hoping to raise this 18 year old into a star.

Katorzquwiz uses a mix of muay thai and wrestling hoping to clinch then take his opponent down from the clinch where he attempts to submit his opponent for the victory. In his first fight this style ended up with him on the receiving end of a submission and he hopes to redeem himself in this fight.

Prediction:

Both fighters have similar skill sets making this look like a close fight, but having not seen Grondin in action as of yet it is tough to call who will pull off the victory.

Winner: Eric Grondin

With a debut like “Russian Guy”s it appears better coming in unknown than controlling a fight and still losing to your opponent. I expect Grondin vs Katorzquwiz to yield similar results to the debut of Katorzquwiz’s previous fight.

(0-0, 205 lbs) Evan Dryll

VS

(0-0-1, 205 lbs) Sheamus Meallen

Dryll has spent his early career in harsh training in order to prepare a spectacular debut, and he has saved that debut for the SFC. He strongly emphasized boxing, but has basics down in all the other disciplines. If he can showcase his boxing he should have a good showing against this opponent.

Meallen’s preparation makes one wonder what Dryll spent his time on as the skills he has acquired look extremely impressive and if he has the physical abilities to go with his primary skills he should make short work of almost any fighter he may run into in the SFC.

Prediction:

Both of these fighters boast solid boxing skills, but that is where the similarities end as Sheamus is better at both muay thai and wrestling while Dryll has the superior BJJ game. If this fight goes to the ground Dryll may have a shot, but standing I expect Meallen to have the advantage.

Winner: Sheamus Meallen

Unless Meallen takes Dryll down I expect this fight to stay standing and since Meallen’s muay thai is extremely skillful I believe he can control this fight from the clinch and take home the victory.

(0-0, 205 lbs) Dan McKenzie Jr

VS

(0-0, 205 lbs) Gootti Kustaa

McKenzie is a very strong Muay Thai fighter and is a very strong fighter in the clinch, but has clear weaknesses both from range and on the ground. However, if he can close with his opponent, using his grappling he should dominate the fight with relative ease.

Kustaa will also be making his debut, but expects to bring the fight to the ground with superior wrestling skills. Standing this fighter has little to offer, but he has the skills to take it to the ground and between his BJJ and wrestling he should be able to control from there.

Prediction:

These two fighters are trying to achieve their debut victories, but will need to do so in a completely opposite manner. Kustaa will need to takedown McKenzie in order to win while McKenzie will need to keep his feet to have a chance of beating Kustaa.

Winner: Gootti Kustaa

McKenzie has Respectable wrestling, but that probably won’t be enough against this opponent and it will only take one takedown for Kustaa’s BJJ to take over against McKenzie who has no BJJ to speak of.

(0-0, 205 lbs) Lilja Halvarsson

VS

(0-0, 205 lbs) “Killer” Mike Grey

Halvarsson comes in with highly regarded brazilian Jiu Jitsu having achieved a brown belt before he even makes his mma debut. His respectable wrestling should be helpful in enabling him to use his Jiu Jitsu as he has to get them to the ground first of course.

Grey has much better wrestling than his opponent in this one and also comes in with a blue belt hoping it will be enough to keep him from being submitted while he attempts to wrestle his way into a victory.

Prediction:

Both fighters are looking to take this fight to the ground and whoever can get that first takedown will have a decent advantage over his opponent especially if he can maintain control from there.

Winner: Lilja Halvarsson

I give the advantage to Halvarsson, because of his vastly superior Jiu Jitsu. Whether he gets the takedown or his opponent the gap in ground skills should help him control whether from the bottom or on top.

(0-1, 265 lbs) Croatian “Ljevica Smrti” Cop

VS

(0-0, 265 lbs) Arne Arn

Cop had a disappointing loss against an opponent who openly used steroids, but has never been punished for their use. Hopefully against an opponent who plays by the rules his strong muay thai can show itself as the dominant force that it is.

Arn is hoping to be able to show that his wrestling is no joke and bring his opponent down to the ground with ease. His Jiu Jitsu is probably just as strong as his wrestling meaning if he gets you to the ground you probably aren’t getting back up.

Prediction:

Cop needs to redeem himself after the poor showing last time and against a fighter making his debut he should have the opportunity. If this fight stays standing its obvious that Cop will walk away with the victory whereas the opposite is true if this fight goes to the ground.

Winner: Arne Arn

Cop will have trouble not being taken down in this one and Arn’s impressive abilities in both wrestling and Jiu Jitsu mean Cop has zero chance of making his way back to his feet.

(1-1, 185 lbs) Jon “Bones” Silva

VS

(0-1, 185 lbs) Hartley “Hands of” Stone

Silva made his SFC debut against an impressive fighter in Asznee in a battle between Jiu Jitsu technicians. His next opponent should prove easier to beat on the ground, but he has to get it there first with his less than stellar boxing he will hope that his proficiency in wrestling will enable him to bring it to the ground.

Stone lost in his QFC debut and will face even steeper competition now that he is in the SFC and fights the true professional fighters. He has proficient boxing, mediocre wrestling and a blue belt. If he can keep this fight standing he should have a decent run of it against this opponent.

Prediction:

This fight will come down completely to whether or not this fight is fought standing or on the ground. Each fighter has a large advantage over their opponent in their preferred domain.

Winner: Jon “Bones” Silva

Silva will not even attempt to trade with Stone on his feet and I don’t believe Stone can prevent the takedown attempts that Silva brings to the table. Silva should be able to submit stone with little trouble.

(4-0, 265 lbs) Shazaam “Bam Bam” McDaniels

VS

(1-0, 265 lbs) King Hippo

McDaniels showcased great boxing skills in SyFi 1 when he took down Helenius in a very closely matched decision where he lost the first round, but won the later 2 rounds for the ultimate victory. He won by throwing a significant higher amount of strikes than his opponent and although his opponent had heavy hands his chin was up to the task of this brawler.

Hippo is new to the SFC and has a very tough opponent to try and match in his inaugural match within the organization. If he can take the fight to the ground where he has the advantage he should prove up to the task however.

Prediction:

Boxer vs submission artist who will win in the end? This fight will obviously end outside of a decision its just a matter of whether its a knockout or a submission.

Winner: Shazaam “Bam Bam” McDaniels

He has shown resilience to takedowns in previous fights so I have to give him the edge even against the impressive jiu jitsu of his opponent.

(2-0, 205 lbs) “The Playboy” John Tucker

VS

(1-0, 205 lbs) Zabit “Maugli” Samedov

Tucker once again makes the headliner again just as he did in SyFi 2 where he knocked out his opponent early in the third round. He struggled throughout the fight, because of his opponent’s takedowns, but eventually managed to land a fight ending shot and ultimately end up with the victory. Against this opponent he shouldn’t have to worry about takedowns, but instead will have to try and avoid closing with his opponent.

Samedov managed to win fight of the night in SyFi 3 where he knocked out the formidable fighter Fliegknecht. He is extremely talented within the clinch and has an insane amount of activity once he finds the clinch seeming to almost enter a frenzy as he rains elbows, punches, and the occasional knee on his opponent.

Prediction:

While both of these fighters prefer stand up confrontations to bringing the fight to the ground, they do it in different ways. Samedov prefers to clinch while Tucker prefers fighting it out from a distance. Whoever can keep the fight in their area of expertise will control the fight and end up with the big win.

Winner: Zabit “Maugli” Samedov

In his last fight against a Muay Thai fighter Tucker had trouble avoiding the clinches of his opponent and against Samedov I feel that is a very bad thing to let happen.

• Upvote 2

SyFi 8 Williams vs Sugg 02/09/18 @ The Underground

To kick off a wicked weekend of fights here in Sydney, we present to you a night of newcomers. 20 fighters all vying for their spot on the upcoming Power Rankings list. A lot of these guys are fighting for the first time on Friday, so hopefully we will see some hard workers out there. Brought to you by Phantom Fightwear, where you can get some of the best clothing available, and 70% laundry as well! Now let's break down the night and get into these fights.

155 lbs. - Damien Thorne vs. Ronald "Rolling Ronnie" Wagenknecht

To get the evening started we have these two newcomers, Thorne in his second professional fight and Wagenknecht in his debut. Both of these guys look like ground-oriented fighters so I think you could say this one will go to the ground. Thorne won his first bout which ended in a decision in his favor, but ultimately it's hard to say who may come out on top here. If you're a fan of grappling this fight will be a good one for you.

155 lbs. - Max Luther vs. Chris Davis (0-1)

In our second bout we have newcomer, and heavy handed boxer Max Luther in his second professional fight as he looks to make a good impression against Chris Davis. Davis was in the very first event we had here in Sydney, he fought Pat Williams but got choked in the first round. He's hoping to redeem that loss against Luther, who seems a game opponent. This one will likely be a stand-up war, we didn't really get to see Davis' chin in his first fight, so I'm eager to see who gets the edge here.

155 lbs. - Scotty To vs. Jake "Wagga Wagga Reaper" Chimper

Next up we have two more Sydney first-timers. To, who seems to be primarily a muay thai fighter, will be looking to avoid getting taken down in his debut against Chimper. Chimper's a purple belt so he will surely be looking for a submission in his fourth career fight. All of his other fights have in fact ended in submission, with two losses and two victories, so Scotty To his hoping to break that chain and get his first win.

155 lbs. - Gennady "Gennadyevich" Golovkin vs. Karnak Lao

More debuts here in Sydney. Golovkin is an exceptional boxer with three career fights but only one victory. He'll be trying to get himself another against Lao, a purple belt who has seven fights already, going even in wins and losses. If this fight goes to the ground I'd have to give the tip to Lao based on experience and obviously his purple belt. Don't count Golovkin out though as this is MMA and it only takes one punch to end a fight.

145 lbs. - Chris Taylor vs. Aaron Dale

Moving on we have Chris Taylor - who seems to be a well rounded kind of guy - making his Sydney debut against another new face in Aaron Dale. I think Dale is going to want to keep this fight standing and go to war, the interesting part will be how Taylor chooses to strategize. He's got a win by KO and a win by submission so he is clearly versatile. Will Dale's takedown defense get tested in this bout?

205 lbs. - Jaylon "The Monster" Anderson vs. Phil "Big Man" Jenkins

We move on to the Light Heavyweight division for some more debut action, we have The Monster. Nearly seven feet tall, he really is a monster. This is his first professional fight, we'll get to see how mean he really is as he squares off with Phil Jenkins. Something tells me you can expect these two to stand and bang, I think it's really going to come down to how well Jenkins can get around the height disadvantage, and find his way inside to strike.

135 lbs. - Igoramma "The Calculator" Estionilita vs. Kyoji Kubota

"The Calculator" is a striker with five contests under his belt. In his debut he takes on Kubota, who I heard is recently under new management. Also making his debut, a well rounded Kubota poses a serious threat for Estionilitia. If this fight goes to the ground, it will be incredibly one sided, so "The Calculator" really has to make sure that doesn't happen to stand a chance in this one.

145 lbs. - Derrick Ferguson (1-0) vs. Sun Ming

Next up we have Ferguson taking on newcomer Ming; Ferguson fought out a decision in his first Sydney appearance on our very first event, which was judged in his favor. Ming is looking for his second career victory and his first here in Sydney, it looks like he's going to want to keep this fight standing, and maybe even in the clinch. Ferguson may want to stay in striking range, although in his first fight he got clinched a few times and proved that he could survive.

135 lbs. - Glass Joe vs. Naruto Uzumaki

In our co-main event of the evening we have Glass Joe, fresh out of the Nintendo WVBA. He's decided perhaps boxing is not his thing anymore and he'll take a go at MMA here in Sydney. Best of luck to him as he looks to take on Uzumaki, a competent grappler who is here to pick up his second career victory. This fight will come down to how well Joe's coaches taught him to keep a fight standing.

Main Event 155 lbs. - Pat Williams (1-0) vs. Bigg "Daddy" Sugg (1-0)

And finally, our main event of the evening. Two fighters vying for their second victory in Sydney, which would surely put them at the top of the 155 lbs. title picture. First up we have Pat Williams, a brown belt in jiu-jitsu with power in his hands. In his first bout at our first event he scored himself a quick first round choke over Chris Davis. His next opponent is Bigg Sugg, who also won by submission in his first bout in Sydney. While he is a superb wrestler and a blue belt, I think this is going to be a tough fight for him. Who's going to be the first 155 lbs. fighter to get to his second victory? Best of luck to both of these men, as well as all the fighters competing on Friday, hopefully we are treated with an excellent night of fights!

-- Vincent Valenzio

• Upvote 2

Glass Joe vs. Naruto Uzumaki

My first org fight, happy to get a victory. That guy sure was persistent with the takedowns. Was afraid he would get me there on the ground for a while when I had some difficulties to recover guard, but following my managers instructions worked out in the end, he was simply too tired to keep his hands up in the last round.