Pick your own priorities from this list

Priorities  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you pick if one could get completed tomorrow

• Improve fight engine. Reduce subs by people just going for sub after sub, plus improve some commentary
    • Add bookmakers
    • Weight gain and weight loss supplements
    • Fight stats compilation. So you can see fighters' takedown % etc for their whole career, then compare with other fighters
    • Trophy cabinet. A selection of achievements that your fighter has gathered throughout his career
    • Gym. Something to give you a guide about how busy a certain training session is with a coach or sparring session

Just to get a feel for what people want to see most and view as most important, here are a few things to pick from. If you could have 1 done tomorrow, which would it be?

Obviously some will take more than a day so I'm just getting an idea of priorities.

Feel free to give your general thoughts too although I'm wary of this turning into another requests thread as we've got plenty of those already! :) Instead let's keep it broadly to these topics and an opinion on broad groups of priorities, e.g. "companies" / "fight engine" / "stats and tools" type thing.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly I like the fact that the 'higher ups' are so involved in developing this game and hearing from the people (paying) and playing. Thats great.

I voted for the weight gain/loss supplement.

This is huge for me. Being a 'noob' in this game, I created a 220 pound LHW and a 183 pound WW in this game to test the weight cutting, and sadly my 220 pounder is always right on the 2-3 pound edge. I've had to be very careful with training etc, in order to make sure he fights and I think a weight loss supplement would be an excellent idea.

Even making it a little more expensive if needed, and having the ability to drop that 'unwanted last 1-2 pounds' would be a great addition.

I know plenty of us have the 155pound LW we'd love to bulk up to 160 or so too.

I actually like the current fight engine and weight cutting system. In particular, I like how I can see the progression of my fighter by how much more he can cut weight. I think fight stats would be really helpful for strategizing for fights. And I know it's not on the list, but I think it'd be cool if the rosters of fighting organizations could be broken down by weight.

For me, Stats and Trophy would be cool :D

I'm not unhappy with fight engine that has now, or cutting weight x)

I voted in Trophy anyway :D

Improve the game engine, absolutely and without question.

Everything else is just an added feature - the reason for the entire game is....the fights! That aspect of the game must be sound, or everything else will fall apart over time. There's no point in putting a new coat of paint on the siding if the foundation of the house is cracked.

I actually like the current fight engine and weight cutting system. In particular, I like how I can see the progression of my fighter by how much more he can cut weight. I think fight stats would be really helpful for strategizing for fights. And I know it's not on the list, but I think it'd be cool if the rosters of fighting organizations could be broken down by weight.

That's in there for VIPs.

my brown belt fighter got subbed by a blue belt. so i dont know, thats either a compliment for the fight-engine or means that is needs improvement. no idea :D.

i like the stats and trophies. weight-loss/gain supplements are interesting also, but a lot of managers as of now still have problems handling the energy of the fighters so i think the supplements for weight-loss/gain can wait a bit.

Improve the game engine, absolutely and without question.

Everything else is just an added feature - the reason for the entire game is....the fights! That aspect of the game must be sound, or everything else will fall apart over time. There's no point in putting a new coat of paint on the siding if the foundation of the house is cracked.

I haven't fought enough matches to critically analyze the fight engine, but these are my thoughts almost exactly.

my brown belt fighter got subbed by a blue belt. so i dont know, thats either a compliment for the fight-engine or means that is needs improvement. no idea :D.

i like the stats and trophies. weight-loss/gain supplements are interesting also, but a lot of managers as of now still have problems handling the energy of the fighters so i think the supplements for weight-loss/gain can wait a bit.

I'm not sure the sim engine needs to be fixed. There are some pretty solid tactics to use against guys who go for sub after sub. I do believe that they should lose significant amounts of energy every time they go for a sub, and perhaps that isn't happening currently but only the behind the scenes guys know that.

my vote was for the gyms because right now you never know how crowded a training session is and how effective training at that time slot would actually be. I do think the game engine does need to be tweaked slightly, but I could also live with that being a 2nd priority. For me.. I just get frustrated having a fighter who could train a few different skills and that if I pick the wrong one for him, his training session could be a fraction of how effective it would've been had I chosen another one

I vote for the Gym. I really don't see the Fight Engine as being a problem. I have seen BJJ guys get KTFO so it seems fair. Anybody that has gone up against Amy D (wapttn) knows what I am talking about.

But it seems like with the Gym it is purely guessing. And it changes so much from week to week it is tough to get a decent workout in.

Roan Carneiro (Black Belt BJJ) got subbed by Kevin Burns (Blue or Purple dont remember now)

So, things happen man, and its good that Belts don't define the winner, and its cool that sometimes a fighter pull it off :D

I was trying to be objective in this one. Personally the gym option would be fantastic.

Also personally, i think the game engine is on the right track, and you can KO a guy with abysmal standup just as quickly as you can sub a guy with abysmal defensive grappling, its evened out in my opinion. It is up to the manager to add in other elements, and strategize properly. I n the beginning BJJ guys were dominating, but I don't think that is as much the case anymore, they are just as prone to the KO as we are to subs.

Objectively bookmakers are the best option, cause I think lots of people who bought VIP status want to get involved in a market that isn't already over-saturated. Fighter organizations, clothing companies, gyms and nutrition is starting to grow a lot. I think Bookmakers allows another outlet for people to make money and will decrease the traffic hopefully in other market outlets in the game.

Put my vote on weight gain/loss, since I put my guys right on the weight limit (i.e 145 and 185 pounds) So making them lose a few pounds and the dropping them to a lower weight class would be great for me.

OK well gyms have made a late surge then! I changed something with the match engine last night to stop so many subs but we had two cards full of TKOs in Tokyo so hopefully it hasn't gone too far the other way. St Pete seemed more even - will see how it goes in the other cities.

Anyway, ask and you shall receive - I'll get working on the gym thing today. With very low VIP signups at the moment though I think I'm going to make it a VIP feature, at least at first, because at the moment I'm not even coming close to covering costs for this month.

I've noticed what seems to be a significant increase in decision results in Montreal over the past week. Not sure if that's real or perceived...

fight engine definatly #1 dont know how i lost my last fight with drunken pride I was beating him hard next thing i see he won with a sub but thats hear or there knowing what your training for would be a great thing too but fights are the core to this and need to be up to snuff first and for most http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1661

Got half the gym stuff done. If you now look at the gym page regular users will see the total number of fighter training sessions each coach has, whilst VIPs will also get a breakdown of those numbers on a session by session basis. Just working on the sparring sessions now. Might make that one look a bit more funky with a cork board or something :)