Overeem was much smaller in PRIDE (presumably before he started juicing) and still had a bad gas tank. Granted he was supposedly killing himself with those cuts but still..

I think that in PRIDE he fought in middleweight division (205 lbs, I'm almost sure that in PRIDE divisions had different lbs limit) and he had better condition. Let's compare Overeem in his last fight against Brown with old young Reem from the fight against Liddell (http://www.dailymoti...s-overeem_sport). There is hughe difference in my opinion. Btw. the fight is great, one of my favourite in MMA.

Bragi~

Overeem's problem is that he was juicing. Without his testosteron he isn't so agressive, dominant fighter. His fight against Lesnar was great, I couldn't wait for fight against Junior, but then Overroid was catched. And now he is on lossing streak.

Overeem's problem is that he was never anywhere near as good at striking with small gloves; his style of defence just isn't designed for it.

Tito Ortiz - Without much doubt. He had this really long streak, but that was against useless fighters (besides Horn and even he was on the downhill). He should of retired about 5-6 years earlier. He had heart, but that was about it.

Ortiz was actually really good at one stage. It's been pretty obvious to anyone with a brain that since about 2005 Tito has declined and since his return he was never even close to what he was.

Also lol at calling Wanderlei Silva and Vladimir Matyushenko "useless fighters", that's just fucking dumb (and Tito also beat Belfort).

IMO, 2005-2006 he was looking prime. Lean and strong and fast enough to put high quality technical skills to work. His chin has always been a bit suss but that's not what we're talking about :P

I would expect Badr Hari to go the same was as Overeem if he suddenly threw 15kg on.

the questions here is

1. can overeem finish him in 3 mins

2. can mir last 3 mins to get a guaranteed win

Well Frank Mir is my favorite fighter but he does not like to get hit at all so if he can avoid hard shots and just run around for 3 minutes then overeem will gas and sub win! Mir can always finish tho even if he is hurt so this should be good.

3. Will Mir's shitty gas tank last more than 3 minutes?

I don't think Mir's gas tank is that shitty, especially not as bad as overeem lately. I thought Mir was looking good starting against Barnett.

I don't think Mir's gas tank is that shitty, especially not as bad as overeem lately. I thought Mir was looking good starting against Barnett.

Mir has never won a fight going over 5 minutes that was fought at a decent pace, and whenever he gets caught in the clinch he gets exhausted. He looked good in the first minute against Carwin too and we know how that ended.

overeem should destroy mir..."should" being the key word. if overeem delivers the kind of punishment he gave to browne early on...mir's a dead man. i just think overeem is a horrible style matchup for mir. mir's main weakness has been exposed several times...he cant deal when guys clinch him against the fence. overeem has a very good clinch and will be able to bully mir easily. mir will eat a few knees and punches, and that'll be the end of it.

neither guy is known for cardio or for toughness, but in this situation...the matchup favors overeem.